Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Infected Mushroom - Stretched CDS (BNE 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Infected Mushroom - Stretched CDS (BNE 2005)

PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 13:49
Infected Mushroom has become the "superstars" in the psytrance scene, even though they try out more and more different styles. These days, they have gone almost completly away from psychedelic trance. But what style are they making? Well, that’s the big question. It seems like they have almost created a new style on their own, and that’s what make me respect them, even though I’m not a big fan of all their works and ideas. Now they are out with another CD single with some remixes and different versions of tracks on their IM The Supervisor album released last year. We also get a completly new unreleased track here.

Infected Mushroom "Stretched" YoYo Records 2005 (YOYOCS011)

1. Shakawkaw (Mayumana Remake - Live)
2. Stretched
3. Cities Of the Future (Timelock Rmx)
4. The Beauty & The Beat

First out is a live remix done by an Israeli group called Mayumana. Here we get a lot of live feeling, and you can hear that the audience is extatic. Not exactly my cup of tea, but you get a little bit of that feeling you get when you go to a rock concert. And that’s exactly what Infected Mushroom fits best at these days. I saw them finishing the Arvika Festival in Sweden on the main stage this year, and who cares if it’s not psytrance at a place like that? It was actually a really fun experience to see a group like this perform in front of ten thousand rockers. Maybe they don’t fit too well at psytrance festivals anymore, but they can for sure rock a heavy audience with an open mind! Track 2 here is the Stretched track from the IM The Supervisor album. This is another example of their unique style. Sounds like a hybrid between rock and big beat. In my ears pretty fresh to hear something like this, even though again, it’s far from psytrance. Track 3 is a Timelock remix of the Cities Of The Future track. A massive, darker, full on psytrance version of the track. The last track on this CD single is a brand new track, and maybe a sign of what to expect on their next album? Not very different this time, so who knows? A massive, stumpy track with several of the typical Infected sounds.

If you have their last album, you don’t really need this, but if you are a big fan (like I know very many are), this is probably not to be missed. Not everything here is my cup of tea, but respect to Infected Mushroom for trying out new things instead of following the same pattern as most other Israeli full on artists do these days.
PKS

More reviews at:

http://www.trance.net           CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 14:57
3. Cities Of the Future (Timelock Rmx)

strong vibes!          -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 15:23
Just as bad as their latest full length album. IM lost their way after BP Empire a bit with Converting Vegetarians (which has some good tracks) but IM the supervisor was a further step downhill for them. Seems like they're intending to sink even deeper though. Want my opinion? Avoid.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 20:10
Acidhive; imho it's true that Infected since b.p.empire are not so good. And the last album is not the best. But They keep releasing track with all their styles.
"The Beauty & The Beat" is old style
" Facing"
not far from b.p.empire syle.
Institute of Sience
Amazing track! psaychedelic expiriance!

-=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
clown
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 21:19
Big up to the timelock remix.. i just orderd this CD and can't wait to hear it...           "VA - REWIRED" OUT NOW !! (techtrance invasion) ---> http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/86303/forum/9
http://psy.techno.fm <------- Jester Records's Internet Radio channel
www.jesterrecords.ca
benny
Basic

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 1, 2005 00:10
the timelock remix will take you sky high on the dance flor felix work at it best .

keep it up man !!!!

recpect           When the sun comes down little pepole cast a big shadow
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Oct 1, 2005 02:17
Hmm the Timelock mix is pretty well done, but since I don't like the original either, this is not my thing at all. And even if it was, I'd still argue that one good song on a cd is hardly worth buying the cd as a whole.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
mquirk1
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Oct 2, 2005 06:03
beauty and the beat is actually a pretty old track, it's been posted as a free mp3 download on their website for ages
Andrey
Inactive User

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Oct 2, 2005 14:31
I do like first track.... Maybe it's not a genius track, but one of their best in last time for sure
Second one didsn't work for me in Supervisor. 3rd is entered my right ear and came out from the left one. Nothing interesting
Last one... Same as 3rd
          Sea>Israel>Ben-Gurion>Tel-Aviv>Ramat-Goa>Marom Neve
is this pure reality could we be led?
25500 NIS for 1 hour DJ set
30500 NIS for 45-50 minutes of Live~
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Oct 4, 2005 14:31
shakawkaw is one of the best tracks ever so it doesn't metter if it in remake or original version. very hard to spoil this one. and the timelock remix also very very good one. i like it better then original.           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
Rain
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Oct 4, 2005 22:51
mmm not my style...

I like infected mushroom, but didn't like the tracks here....
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Oct 5, 2005 18:22
Quote:

On 2005-10-04 14:31, Voice of All wrote:
shakawkaw is one of the best tracks ever so it doesn't metter if it in remake or original version. very hard to spoil this one.

ineed indeed.....           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Psychedelic_Mustache
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Oct 21, 2005 04:02
Infected Mushroom: Stretched
BNE/YOYO, 2005

Infected Mushroom has been one of, if not the most succesful act to spring out of the psychedelic trance scene. Lately, though, their releases have been lacking in terms of quality. Don't get me wrong - I am not one of those people who simply bash them for not being "psychedelic enough" anymore. I feel however that the things that has worked out best for them lately is the more break-oriented chill(ish) attempts, like the ones we got on The other side of converting vegetarians. Now, let's see what this ep has to offer.

First of is the Mayumana remake of shakawkaw. This is a live recording, and I think it worked out rather well. First of all it captures the live-feeling. I was fortunate enough to catch Infected Live my self a coupple of months back, and I have to say - as an entertainment act - they really do their stuff great! The second track is taken from the album I'm the supervisor, and this is the ep's title-track stretced. I'm pleased that they chose this track to be a single, as it's one of the few that actually works quite well on that album. Not at all trance, moving more in the footsteps of the allready mentioned other side of converting vegetarians. Next is a good remix of Time lock of the awfull track "cities of the future". Nothing to blolw your mind away, but at least listenable. The last track "the beauty and the beat" is not really new - as it has been available as a free download for ages at infected's homepage. It's an average trance-track, not really anything to write home about.

All in all this is a decent offering from infected
Final Score: 5/10
psyreviews
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  71
Posted : Oct 23, 2005 13:08
Infected Mushroom
Stretched EP
YoYo / BNE (Israel)

Bit of an oddity this one. My guess is you have already made up your mind whether a four-track EP by Infected Mushroom is something you really need. The only saving grace here is that at four tracks, it took hardly any time to review, though it probably took even less time than that to compile. Let the fun commence: The Live remake of Shakawkaw is something of a joke, taking no less than five and a half minutes to drop into something resembling trance, and when it does, it sounds like it’s being sung by the assembled cast of Fraggle Rock. The “orchestral” buildup sections move just like a musical, straight out of Lloyd Webber, and I for one would rather hear Michael Ball break into “love, love changes everything, etc” while having a complete set of regulation-size snooker balls inserted into my urethra. We then get track 10 from IM The Supervisor, Stretched which, as I may have remarked when reviewing the album (though frankly, I couldn’t care less whether I did or not), has the dubious honour of being a piece of music that is simultaneously interesting and incredibly, erotically, boring beyond belief. Yes folks, buy now what you bought last year – pick up a Tshirt on your way out. And a sticker for 50p. Timelock’s remix of Cities Of The Future is immeasurably better than the original, but still has those FUCKING vocals and a keychange from hell right at the end. Finally The Beauty & The Beat, tacked on at the end with grace and underproduced aplomb, yes folks you are allowed to pay to get an extra track, that was made available on Infected’s website months ago as a free download. And just as you might expect from an unreleased, cutting-room-floor trance tune, it’s undernourished, unfinished Infected-by-prinary-numbers, and almost completely devoid of any feeling, emotion, intelligence or direction. I mean, it doesn’t even have a fucking ending. Someone here is taking the piss – either the “boys” themselves or the cynical Geffen-emulators that run this label. I cannot imagine a CD release that is more superfluous. It is an insult to the sweatshop workers that assembled it, to the molecules of plastic that form the surface of the CD, and to the ones and zeroes of binary that make up this placid, frothy excuse for a CD. Whether it’s Infected or the label that are calling the shots here, I believe I speak for a certain majority here when I ask you squarely to f**k the f**k off you f**king f**kbunch of f**king f**ks.

http://www.psyreviews.com/clothing/
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Oct 23, 2005 23:55
This is almost as good as yesterday's episode of Dr Phil..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Infected Mushroom - Stretched CDS (BNE 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance