Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - india Sunburn 2007, Goa (28th and 29th Dec, 2007)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

india Sunburn 2007, Goa (28th and 29th Dec, 2007)

Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Nov 8, 2007 10:24
My opinion !!!

Shit hole festival with hard core commercial club music artists and artits, not psychedelic at all.

Im gonna stay away from this....

bom shiva            “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
phiber_optixz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Nov 8, 2007 14:53
Quote:

On 2007-11-08 10:24, LSD-25 wrote:
My opinion !!!

Shit hole festival with hard core commercial club music artists and artits, not psychedelic at all.

bom shiva

Yes, you are right! This is not a psy event. The line-up lists only EDM artists..!

PEACE..
phiber_optixz
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Nov 10, 2007 01:49
Now, there is one more reason, and a rather scrumptious reason, might I add, to make sure that your annual trip to Goa is planned a little more strategically this year around. On the weekend of December 28th and 29th, the picturesque Candolim beach will be the host to India’s premier electronic music jamboree; Smirnoff’s Sunburn festival. The great Indian paradox, that is winter in the sun will reach new heights with two days of the finest acts dance music has to offer, all staged in a blissful location… this is synchronized harmony.

Unlike the regular raves of Goa that are mainly based around psychedelic trance, Sunburn showcases an array of diverse musical sensibilities; with the brutality of techno, to the funk of house and the ecstasy of trance. Genre Nazis will be satisfied, because there will be a little something for everyone… let me rephrase that, there will be a whole lot of diverse EDM that will definitely keep everyone moving and shaking.

Headlining with his signature acid tinged techno is veteran UK DJ, Carl Cox. The ‘smiling beast’ as I like to call him, has been destroying dance floors world-wide for over 20 years now, and there is no doubt that he belongs amongst pioneers. He is a festival favorite, not only because his music is energy packed but also because the man is a force of good times. If Carl Cox by himself is not enough reason to get sunburned this winter; then the euphoric ‘Anjuna beats’ of Above and Beyond, the funk filled bass lines of Swedish maestro Axwell, the toxic trumpet house of Gordan Edge and the dreamy progressive soundscape that is Jaytech (to name a few), should be more than enough to gratify your EDM fix.

Besides the mishmash of genres, the organizers have also done well in harmonizing homegrown talent with foreign. While one can consider themselves lucky to be catching the likes of Carl Cox and co., one mustn’t overlook India’s top DJs and artists that are donning this celebrated line up… It’s crucial that local talent are given a platform as large as this where they are given the opportunity to play alongside the world class… not only to prove that Indian artists do indeed have global potential but also because it’s events such as these that can at times propel careers in a genre of music that is rooted in being underground and independent.

Warming up for the likes of Richard Durand, John 00 Fleming (the legendary trance king is also in the Sunburn line up) and at the same time headlining events across the nation, their experience is established as India’s finest… they are sure to deliver firecracker sets of lush sounds. Live act Jalebee Cartel are now traveling the world with their twisted trance and finding their tracks on big label compilations… again an act you will regret missing. There is also Anil Chawla (an Englishman of Indian origin) I have no qualms to say he will be a treat to catch; his pinpoint mixing skills matched by his smooth grooves will no doubt win sunny Goa over.

These are only a few out of many renowned artists that will be your musical guides on the warm white sands of Candolim … to truly discover the depths of India’s and the world’s EDM talent, you need to make it for this festival. If not for the supreme music talent, then for the beach, the vibe, and a special group of like-minded people, artists and DJs… all looking to take the experience of Goa partying to a zenith.

Sunburn 2007 is India's answer to the likes of the WMC, Godskitchen, The Loveparade, Sensation etc.           Om Trayambakam Yajaamahe
Sugandhim Pushti - vardhanam|
Urva - rukamiva Bandhanan
Mrytor - muksheeya ma - amritaat||
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Nov 10, 2007 08:12
and WHY is EDM being promoted here? lock and delete
phiber_optixz
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Nov 10, 2007 09:23
Quote:

On 2007-11-10 08:12, zmandan wrote:
and WHY is EDM being promoted here? lock and delete

I dont think you know what EDM means.Have a look here and enlighten yourself :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_electronic_dance_music_genres

FYI, this is a trance forum and trance is a derivative of EDM. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and read.. if you are still not satisfied and dont have anything nice to say about anyone, PM me! I would be glad to know more about you.

These are derivatives of EDM :

Acid trance
Dark trance
Goa trance
Nu-NRG
Hard trance
Hardcore trance
Minimalist Psy trance
Progressive trance
Psychedelic trance
Vocal trance
Uplifting trance
Hardstyle
Euro-Trance
Classic trance

Read more here :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_dance_music           Om Trayambakam Yajaamahe
phiber_optixz
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Nov 10, 2007 18:21
Some early pictures of the festival site!!! It's on private land.. on the edge of the beach(the beach itself is public property)

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k223/nikhilc/IMG_3302.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k223/nikhilc/IMG_3301.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k223/nikhilc/IMG_3299.jpg           Om Trayambakam Yajaamahe
The Kaa
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Nov 12, 2007 06:59
Oh my god what killer line up for this special location!! I'm so sad to realise I'd have already left the country when this will be held. Good luck to everyone and enjoy this smashing event, I would have loved to be part of you !           Out Now >> V.A "1001 Flights" (Air Snare recs)

Tribal Vision rec. | Air Snare rec.
Dvj | Producer | Label manager
www.thekaa.com | www.airsnare-records.com | www.tribalvision.cz
almost_human KROX ( Phantasm Rec .)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Nov 16, 2007 00:41
Seems Interesting
          UVV Project / Mandala Project / Crystal noize Project / Cosmic Crew

Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.
ani_ha

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Nov 16, 2007 10:56
Best of luck to the orgs for this one!
nice location..
          "I am now illegal in several countries."
uri.ya

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Nov 16, 2007 18:35
kILLLER !
A-Holes
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Nov 18, 2007 11:43
best of luck with this event.... Midival will do theyre magic...           S-I-G-N-A-T-U-R-E
Psychronick
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Nov 18, 2007 12:56
goooood news!!!!!           Don't Wory Be Shanty!!!
MorNinG MaGiC

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 19, 2007 17:36
Quote:

On 2007-11-08 10:24, LSD-25 wrote:
My opinion !!!

bom shiva

+1 ..! its not close to being psy ..!
nyways good luck to all involved i guess ..!
Lesser Soul
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Feb 17, 2008 22:07
this topic still here ....this is a test post to see if it gets posted ....           Being, a bundle of minute, unique particulars in which, by some unspeakable and yet self-evident paradox, was to be seen the divine source of all existence.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - india Sunburn 2007, Goa (28th and 29th Dec, 2007)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance