Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hyper Frequencies - Phantasmatika ( Syncronise Records ) 2007

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Hyper Frequencies - Phantasmatika ( Syncronise Records ) 2007

Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Jan 4, 2008 23:26
Almost 4 years after the stunning debut album this is the much awaited new album of Hyper Frequenices aka Gilles Beraud.
He needs no introduction as he is one of the veterans in this scene and has performed almost all over the globe. His music is a hypnotic journey of tribal rhythms and infectious sounds.
Phantasmatika is his latest offering. Lets Check it out.

title : Phantasmatika
Artist : Hyper Frequencies
Label : Syncronise Recrods
Format : CD
distribution : Arabesque
Year : 2008

1. Twisted Latitude

The track starts of with a short breaktbeat intro. A filtered bass accompanies it with short fx for a few secs. And then gilles trademark kick and bass sets in. Very phat and groovy; the track progresses with quirky and interesting
fx. A new synth is introduced at around 1:45 followed by another sharp guitar like synth accompanied with nice fx in the background.
A short breakdown at 3:00 followed by nice work on the kick and the bassline settles in soon. This is then followed by the same
guitar like synth and a another teasing short lead accompanying it. More interesting synths and sounds follow. At around 6:00 there isa very nice usage of a vocal sample. It creates a very strange atmosphere and is accompanied by a melodious lead.
This is a little different sound from H.F. More layered and intricate. Very interesting sound indeed. hmm.. im curious now.

2. Phantasmatika

The title starts off with filtered and reverbed kick and bass panned very nicely. Kick and bass settles in nicely. Very groovy and more like the H.F we all know. A synth is introduced soon with nice fx accompanying at the background. At 2:17 nice atmospheres come into place followed by nice filtered work on the kick and bass. Soon the track progresses with the same synth and more quirky fx. It is followed by more filtered work and in comes again the same synth with a little more variation. Good percussion here as well. A short breakdown at around 5 :50 . And then the track goes on full throttle with his trademark enticing leads and tweaks. Nice track this! Not very driving but nevertheless very good production here.

3. Party Cannibal. ( with Psylom )

Starts wth an african sample. Soon a nice kick and bass settles with some nice percussion and his trademark leads. Very funky and mysterious with a sample playing at the background accompanied by some nice fx. And then the track just nosedives in to a very well done piece of work which i think is
a sample. Hehe this is really kool. Its like the music u hear in a merry-go-round game at a carnival or something. Soon the sample is strecthed and in comes filtered kick and bass soon morphing into the kick and bass accompanied by some nice fx and his trademark synths. the track kinda takes a turn in the story at around 3:50. It becomes more musical and a very nice synth is introduced at around 4:08 which moves on quite nicely for a while towards a short buildup. At 5: 37 the track picks up again with the bassline changing and with another sharp synth. The merry-go-round music comes again with a small hymn.
This is very musical and the production here once again is top notch. H.F has presented us here with a very different approach to his music. I liked this track a lot for its interesting ideas and innovation. My Fav from the cd so far.

4. Adrenokrohm ( with Psylom )

Starts of with some orchestra sample followed by a french sample. Now from the very little french tht i knw, i could only make out "" ...... voudrais Lsd..."" and the sample continues. Very soon kick and bass settles with some nice atmos and fx accompaying it and some nice percussion. A new synth is introduced at around 1:03. Now this is more like the H.F we all are familiar with. Groovy bassline and teasing leads go on for a little while till a small breakdown at 3:10 which is followed by another sample. More synths follow with the usage of the sample "" Finish the fuckin story "". A long buildup synth to take forward the track which is accompanied by more fx and synths and samples in the background. Once again very good intelligent production here, but i did not like this track much compared to the previous ones,
but overall, it really sint a bad track. Pretty much enjoyable.

5. Help me. ( with Psylom )

The track starts off with some flanged percussion and quirky fx. Kick and bass settles in soon with teasing leads and with an eerie sound that says "" Help me "" which
is brilliantly done. soon another synth is introduced with followed by some very good fx and nice percussion. this is accompanied by a very techy sinister sounding lead
which is accompanied by some nice ring modulation. Bassline changes at around 4:10 with some tribal percussion and more techy leads. The track is in full flow by now and is a little more twisted and sinister than the previous tracks. Filtered/phased beats at around 6:20. In comes the kick and bass again with more fx. This track is a lil funny but twisted at the same time, striking a fine balance between the two. Nice track!

6. The Dark side

Starts off with a nice airy pad with a sample in the background. The bass and kick settle in pretty soon. the bassline is more phat and pumping in this. A synth is introduced
at 1:20 accompanied by some other synths. the bassline begins to roll at 2:20 with some interesting and quirky fx and percussion. The bassline changes again at around 3: 40.
It is followed by some nice intelligent atmos and fx and is followed by a short buildup. Once again the work here is very musical and driving at the same time. At 6:00 there is a
small breakdown and then the track starts to buildup again and from then on progreses nicely towards the end and finishes with a french sample.
This is the fastest track in the album so far. I dint quite tdig this much but hopfully it will grow on me.

7. Rhythms of peace 2

this is the sequel to that blasting track Rhythms of peace which was fearued on V/A Pump fiction. Starts with the same beautiful african/arab vocal and a sample which says
"" I have a dream"" . Nice tribal percussion in this track. the bassline is very groovy here with some intelliget fx. At around 2:15 s a very sharp 303 synth is introduced which continues for a bit slowly rising and building up the tempo of the track. Soon the vocals follow again with some nice percussion. the mood of the track changes a bit f the building up with his trademark funky and sharp synths. The 303 synth comes back in again at around 5:15 and by now the track is in full throttle and continues very much towards the latter parto f the track.
Some intelligent use of fx and synths towards the end. the track ends with a synth and hased/filtered beats and ends with the sample ""As the greatest demonstration of freedom in history of our nation""
Another fav of mine from this album!

8. Deep Hypnosis

the track starts with a couple of samples. Kick and bass settle in soon with some nice percussion and synths. A synth is introduced at abt 1:40 followed by some nice accompanying leads. More synths ad fx follows towards a short buildup at around 3:17. More flanged/phased leads and guitar like leads accompany the quirky fx. The bassline changes at around 4: 25 and the sounds,synthetc
are more tweaked in this. At around 5:30 another teasing lead is introduced which progresses very nicely towards the end of the track. this track is pretty nice as well.

9. Organix

the tracks off with a rvrbed,flanged synth. At about 30 sec into the track the kick and bass settle in slowly accomapnied by some interesting percussion,fx and synths. Another lead is introduced at around 1:10
which kinda reminds me o a lil bit of Prodigy. Soon the bassline changes into something more driving and groovy. The lead contunues till abou 3:00 accompanied by more snyths. a short breakdown at about 3:20.
At about 4:00 kick and bass settle in with more sharp synths. VEry nice production here as well. the sharp lead cmes back again and continues towards the end of the track. This onespretty nice too.

10. Voices of Peace ( with Irina Mikhailova )

This track is in collaboration with the enchanting voice of Irina who also perfroms along with Star Sounds orchestra
. the kick and bass is remeniscent of his actual style. Some very eerie leads and quirky fx in this track and very trippy indeed.More synths are introduced towards the middle of the track which is also accompanied
by her beautiful voice. Very nice ending need.

So here it is. This is actually a great piece of work from Gilles. A very refreshing piece of music far away from the monotonous sounds that dominate the music scene currently. He has changed his approach of music to a
certain extant. One may not like it in the first listen as u may feel it sounds pretty much the same. But the more u hear it the more it will grow on you because it still has the infectious groove of Hyper Frequencies.
This album is well made for the dancefloor but also more for home listenin. Each track has a distinct story and he is a master story teller. The quality of production is top notch and so r the killer grooves.
Big thumbs up Syncronise records for releasing such music. First Ajja and now Hyper frequencies!! Looks like 2008 will be a great year ahead. Thank you very much for the cd Gilles and Alex!! !
So go and grab ths one!!!

Favs : 2,3,5,7,8,10

Mastering by charles@ Preference mastering.

www.braindrop.in
Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Jan 5, 2008 13:55
nice review man!
cant add much more myself.. heard him live and i must say its nice stuff for sure.. works pretty well.. some groovy psychedelic momoents..
good jobb gill!!

all the best!

bOm..           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
charles
Triptych

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jan 6, 2008 14:25
Gill show us again that he is a master in the psytrance scene!

top production & fresh ideas through 10 very good tracks!

definitly a great job by HF and Syncronise,

a must have!

"And i saw the angel come down unto me"

www.soleadmusic.com
Kwark (Ultimae Rcds)

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jan 6, 2008 21:13
Here is the hyper awaited album from Sir HF !!
Is it necessary to tell that it's an excellent release knowing that HF blasts each dancefloor where he plays ?
Psylom's collaboration brings a lot, especially a psychedelic touch that i like very much
IMO, HF is THE artist who really controls the rythms and brings trance through his irresistible rhythms !!
And as usual, Charles build an excellent mastering.

My faves ? [Rhythms of Peace 2] and [Voice of peace] but i still have to listen many times to this album to reach a final opinion.

Big thanks to HF and Psylom for this release !!

www.ultimae.com
Kwark (Ultimae Rcds)

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jan 12, 2008 14:33
After several listenings, i must come back here to hilight [Organix].
An excellent track with some sounds that make me think a little about d'n'b ...
I love it !!           www.ultimae.com
Psyberpunk
Psyberpunk

Started Topics :  57
Posted : Jan 13, 2008 20:18
wooooaw wooooaw woooaaawww .. Gill you definitivly reach a high maturity in your tracks... all are great for my taste... high quality production ... remind nothing except hyper frequencies ;o) (which is Rare at the moment ... where everybody copy everybody !! respect!! ) ... and at same time everytracks is different ! great ...
i definitivly like all these speaking moment in the album : guys this is a good reason to learn French ;o) ... because this words are definitivly Hyper-subversive :o) and bring a really psychedelik feeling... et on sais que t'as "....tout ce qu'il faut pour en fabriquer...." du L-S-onor... ;o) ...
goooooo on Gill, we want more tracks like that !

http://www.psyberpunk.ch
frederick
Neuromotor

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Jan 15, 2008 11:49
killer album , lots of months he has been working on it , to give u the best of his groove ...
very psychedelik , i keep playing it since a little while , an d i must say hudge succes
and defenetly a different type of music , nothing alike anybody else ...

when u listen hyper on a dance floor u can t miss it ...

run to your best dealer and really buy it , dont copy that one ..it s worth it to buy yourself a copy !!!!

hypergill
Hyper Frequencies

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jan 16, 2008 11:49
hey brothers I'm really happy when I read you, you know !
A big THANKS to you Urban Sumith to take your time to wrote this nice and objective review !! And by the way it's the first review of 2008 ! héhé !
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU ....
See you around...

http://hyperfrequencies1.free.fr
http://myspace.com/hyperfrequencies
http://www.myspace.com/mechanikrec
www.syncronizerecords.com
-----------------------------------------------------------
Deo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jan 16, 2008 17:17
Besst for you mate Gil. Great album.
Last song is amazing " Voices of Peace ".
Keep rocking.
Big Hug!!            Deo (Phantasm rec./TK rec.]
Rex Trueform

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 18, 2008 10:38
Awesome job Gill

Stands out head and toes above the rest.
PSYLOM (ADRENOKROHM)
Psylom
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 25, 2008 16:24
Yeah very good review! Thanks! Mr Urban Psyspirit

His is really fun!

For informations snippets you hear in the track "adrenokrohm" tires of the film "fear lothing in las vegas" directed by terry gilliam
A good movie freaks lol

That's more a part that I am greatly pleased to have a part this album with my friends alchemist gill
This album is really excellent and very varied.
The pieces are alike not, there's something for all tastes (his argument is a sales lol)

And look the many tracks of HYPER FREQUENCIES on the new compilation!
Because I can tell you it's a killer tracks
hypergill
Hyper Frequencies

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jan 28, 2008 11:22
Quote:

On 2008-01-25 16:24, PSYLOM (ADRENOKROHM) wrote:
Yeah very good review! Thanks! Mr Urban Psyspirit

His is really fun!

For informations snippets you hear in the track "adrenokrohm" tires of the film "fear lothing in las vegas" directed by terry gilliam
A good movie freaks lol

That's more a part that I am greatly pleased to have a part this album with my friends alchemist gill
This album is really excellent and very varied.
The pieces are alike not, there's something for all tastes (his argument is a sales lol)

And look the many tracks of HYPER FREQUENCIES on the new compilation!
Because I can tell you it's a killer tracks

Hey my friend ! Welcome on board here !
By the way It's a real pleasure to work with you you know !
Can't wait to make some new adrenokrohm tracks héhé !!

http://hyperfrequencies1.free.fr
http://myspace.com/hyperfrequencies
http://www.myspace.com/mechanikrec
www.syncronizerecords.com
-----------------------------------------------------------
syncronizerecords
Syncronize Records
Posted : Jan 28, 2008 12:41
thxs sumith for the nice review!

sainath maharaj ki jai

thxs to everybody for nice comments.

it`s fun to work with gilles.
makes live so easy!

boooom!
zoe wheelingz

Posted : Jan 28, 2008 12:51
Hi dear Gill,

I am sending you lots of love and light for supporting ur second one!

BIG HUP!

EP "FUZZION" IS UP on http://www.6362metaforce.net:

http://65.17.237.86/store/product.php?productid=121

PACK EP "MUSICOLOGY" ON NODE3-RECORDS.COM UP NOW!

http://www.node3-records.com/home/nod3ep001

PACK EP "FUZZION" ON 6362METAFORCE.NET UP NOW!

http://www.myspace.com/zoewheeling39zchrysalid
Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Jan 28, 2008 19:38
Quote:

On 2008-01-28 12:41, syncronizerecords wrote:
thxs sumith for the nice review!

sainath maharaj ki jai

thxs to everybody for nice comments.

it`s fun to work with gilles.
makes live so easy!

boooom!

Glad u liked the review man. Thanks to u !

bholenath sub ke saath!;)

www.braindrop.in
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Hyper Frequencies - Phantasmatika ( Syncronise Records ) 2007

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance