Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Spirituality - how do you want to die?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

how do you want to die?

Login
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Jun 28, 2010 10:06
Nothing new xolvexs, christian monks were doing that kind of stuff by the VIII century.

I am still going to worship Baco, he is the coolest guy in the block of deitys and he perfectly fits in my way of life and this scene.           "The dedication to repetition — the search for nirvana in a single held tone or an endlessly cycling rhythm — is one of electronic music's noblest gestures."
Xolvexs
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  241
Posted : Jun 28, 2010 11:39
i know why reinvent the wheel when you can spin it faster
and while you are at introduce some spikes and throw some water roll it down a track put a buggey on top and make roller coaster ride           When death comes to your doorstep, make sure you are alive
Maine Coon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jun 28, 2010 15:19
Xolvexes, you make an awful lot of assumptions about other people for an open-minded ego-less guy. The very question in this topic automatically assumes that people want to die and want to have a choice in how it happens. We already established the former is not true (duh!..). I am not very sure about the latter either. I suspect most people would like to go out peacefully in their sleep at the ripe age of, let’s say, 120. Or don’t care at all, as long as it’s quick and painless. The whole shaman idea is fascinating but I doubt too many people will be interested in flicking that switch back and forth. If I want to experience an alternate life, all I have to do is fall asleep – no need to travel to Shambhala or learn esoteric arts of killing yourself softly.

I am not saying your ideas or this discussion are of no value just because it does not touch the vast majority of humans. Any idea is valuable in and of itself, no matter how bizarre or practically useless it is. But still...
Xolvexs
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Jun 28, 2010 20:08
i only make assumptions in order to work with something that i can throw away and discard later --i dont stick by them--they are just loose strings to temporarily hold my picture once i feel my picture can hold itself on its own without the strings i get rid of the assumptions--if the picture breaks or begins to have cracks that means the picture was not clear and imperfect..and that point i have to go back into my cave,and watch Cougar Town for inspiration and tickle her feet for being stupid           When death comes to your doorstep, make sure you are alive
TimeTraveller
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Jun 29, 2010 01:05
another interesting possibility wuld might be air ceremnoy in the mountains and vultures,I can imagine it is beautyful .           https://soundcloud.com/shivagarden
Login
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Jun 29, 2010 07:12
Quote:

On 2010-06-29 01:05, TimeTraveller wrote:
another interesting possibility wuld might be air ceremnoy in the mountains and vultures,I can imagine it is beautyful .

prometheus?           "The dedication to repetition — the search for nirvana in a single held tone or an endlessly cycling rhythm — is one of electronic music's noblest gestures."
TimeTraveller
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Jun 29, 2010 15:20
havent had that in mind tbh.Air is my element too.
This kind of procession is banned almost all over the world,but in Nepal it is still possible .
Maybe somewhere else too.
          https://soundcloud.com/shivagarden
Pauldo
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jul 7, 2010 04:03
I'm one who would like to avoid dying. I would love to live for 5,000 years but will be happy with a solid 200. With emerging biotech and nanotech discoveries the average human life span is going to be drastically increased over the next 100 years.

When I do die I would prefer quick, painless, maybe go crawl off into a cave by myself like a bear does when they die. Or maybe surrounded by family and friends when the time comes.

I once told my catholic mother that funerals were just for the living. I dont care what happens to me after I die. Would be heartened to know my friends and family would make it a celebration if they are going to do any kind of gathering. Maybe get my body plasticized and they can hang deco off me at fests.
Pauldo
IsraTrance Junior Member
Posted : Jul 7, 2010 04:04
I'm one who would like to avoid dying. I would love to live for 5,000 years but will be happy with a solid 200. With emerging biotech and nanotech discoveries the average human life span is going to be drastically increased over the next 100 years.

When I do die I would prefer quick, painless, maybe go crawl off into a cave by myself like a bear does when they die. Or maybe surrounded by family and friends when the time comes.

I once told my catholic mother that funerals were just for the living. I dont care what happens to me after I die. Would be heartened to know my friends and family would make it a celebration if they are going to do any kind of gathering. Maybe get my body plasticized and they can hang deco off me at fests.
Pauldo
IsraTrance Junior Member
Posted : Jul 7, 2010 04:04

Xolvexs
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Jul 7, 2010 08:52
avoid means you fear it...you would be living 5000 years of fear of death...which is worse the feeling ...you existence would be so full of fear because you are "avoiding" ...by then i would have died a million deaths and taken a million births sometimes human sometime animal some time plant sometime as a virus..experienced life in total and then decided whether i to come back or take nirvana or moksha.           When death comes to your doorstep, make sure you are alive
Pauldo
IsraTrance Junior Member
Posted : Jul 7, 2010 09:54
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 08:52, Xolvexs wrote:
avoid means you fear it...you would be living 5000 years of fear of death...which is worse the feeling ...you existence would be so full of fear because you are "avoiding" ...by then i would have died a million deaths and taken a million births sometimes human sometime animal some time plant sometime as a virus..experienced life in total and then decided whether i to come back or take nirvana or moksha.

There's no fear if you move from avoiding death and move right to the ecstasy of being alive. Could you imagine what a single individual could accomplish in a 5000 year lifetime? The skills and knowledge one could pick up. The projects that one could accomplish. The experiences. The number of people's lives that you could touch for the better during that time.

Life happens now, not some future time after your death. Deaths and rebirths are a waste of time. It is very plausible that we will have the medical knowledge to stave off aging completely. Who wouldnt sign up for that?
Xolvexs
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Jul 7, 2010 17:30
but who needs the body when you shapeshift be whatever and wherever your mind told you           When death comes to your doorstep, make sure you are alive
Pauldo
IsraTrance Junior Member
Posted : Jul 8, 2010 01:28
Quote:

On 2010-07-07 17:30, Xolvexs wrote:
but who needs the body when you shapeshift be whatever and wherever your mind told you

and what proof is there that's how things work when you die? this shapeshifting thing?
Xolvexs
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Jul 10, 2010 05:34

you believe what you want to believe
5000 years alive with fear and avoidance ...you are as good as dead--by the time you are 87 you will be on half dozen pills at 5000 you do the math
proof-i mean come on dude we are talking alchemy here unless you expect me to commit suicide and prove it theres no other way i can bring you proof..though there are lot of books on this but your question is such that even if i bring forth evidence you wont accept it so its no point           When death comes to your doorstep, make sure you are alive
Trance Forum » » Forum  Spirituality - how do you want to die?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance