Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Hammock!!!
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Hammock!!!

Pixel Dust
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  14
Posted : Nov 30, 2014 23:12:26
Oblivion Hymns, what a masterpiece!!

I'm totally into the tracks 03 "Turning Into Tiny Particles... Floating Through..." and 08 "In The Middle Of This Nowhere"

Haven't heard the other ones carefully but i will.

What tracks do you think are the highlights of the album?
Mønsterhed

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Dec 1, 2014 18:31
Definitely "My Mind Was a Fog… My Heart Became a Bomb" and "Then the Quiet Explosion". Also found on An Introduction to Hammock that they gave out for free at some point. Not sure if they still do. Anyway, it has various of their tracks on and is indeed a nice introduction. Also quite fond of Andalusia.           words People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey... stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/moensterhed
Pixel Dust
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  14
Posted : Dec 6, 2014 17:41

Gunter
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Dec 7, 2014 14:46
Can you please specify the topic name? Isn`t hammock an artist, who has many albums? And don`t you only speak about one album here?
Chlorophil
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Dec 19, 2014 06:37
i got 3 hammock cds and they are various artists!!v nice dubs, synergetic records!!           Cosmic Cosmic leaf, ajana records, six degrees, Fort Knox Five, interchill, chillcode, aleph zero, Dubmission, tempest, unicorn, Geomagnetic, founder: Synchronos Recordings
Bodhisattva
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  109
Posted : Dec 19, 2014 20:28

Some info here:

http://forum.isratrance.com/fusions-of-post-rock-shoegaze-and-ambient-electronica-recommendations-and-conversation/

Yidam

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Dec 26, 2014 19:30
If Hammock's Oblivion Hymn's was 2013s masterpiece, then this years one is most definitely A Winged Victory for the Sullen's Atomos. Check it out if not already... it's made most peoples list for album of the year.

Bodhisattva
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 27, 2014 11:09
Quote:

On 2014-12-26 19:30, Yidam wrote:
If Hammock's Oblivion Hymn's was 2013s masterpiece, then this years one is most definitely A Winged Victory for the Sullen's Atomos. Check it out if not already... it's made most peoples list for album of the year.

Personally, I think AWVFTS' debut was way better. This new one just doesn't work for me as an album. I can't listen to it from start to finish. Just too much of the same. Overrated in my opinion. So much great music was released this year, there are plenty of far more engaging albums to mention.

Same for Hammock. They have released some really lovely albums, but after "Chasing After Shadows... Living with the Ghosts" the charm kinda went away...now everything they put out just feels recycled. I'm not surprised though, it happens to most bands.

Cheers!

Yidam

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Dec 30, 2014 22:03
Quote:

On 2014-12-27 11:09, Bodhisattva wrote:
Quote:

Personally, I think AWVFTS' debut was way better. This new one just doesn't work for me as an album. I can't listen to it from start to finish. Just too much of the same. Overrated in my opinion. So much great music was released this year, there are plenty of far more engaging albums to mention.

Same for Hammock. They have released some really lovely albums, but after "Chasing After Shadows... Living with the Ghosts" the charm kinda went away...now everything they put out just feels recycled. I'm not surprised though, it happens to most bands.

Cheers!

Also prefer the older work from both these projects, they seem less pretentious, however both bands seem to have achieved critical and mass appeal with their new albums. Guess most people listening to them now haven't been longtime followers of the acts. Would definitely hope that they start exploring a bit more after this success.

Personally attracted to these albums because the production quality is immaculate, not so much for new / explorative material.
Bodhisattva
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 1, 2015 00:02
Quote:

On 2014-12-30 22:03, Yidam wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-12-27 11:09, Bodhisattva wrote:
Quote:

Cheers!

Also prefer the older work from both these projects, they seem less pretentious, however both bands seem to have achieved critical and mass appeal with their new albums. Guess most people listening to them now haven't been longtime followers of the acts. Would definitely hope that they start exploring a bit more after this success.

Personally attracted to these albums because the production quality is immaculate, not so much for new / explorative material.

I hear you brother

survey1
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Aug 11, 2021 21:07

Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Hammock!!!

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance