Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - H.U.V.A. Network - Distances (Ultimae Records 2004) CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

H.U.V.A. Network - Distances (Ultimae Records 2004) CD

DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Apr 6, 2004 17:19
H.U.V.A. Network – Distances

Cover: http://217.160.164.51/pic/inr1cd012.jpg

Format: CD
Artist: H.U.V.A. Network
Title: (When Solar Fields meets Aes Dana) Distances
Label: Ultimae Records, France
Cat. #: INRE 012
Year: 2004

Track listing:

01. 08’40” Distances
02. 07’40” Access to the Long Fields
03. 05’53” Rain Geometries
04. 07’12” Symetric Lifes
05. 03’29” Processing Lights
06. 06’48” Indigo Rooms
07. 08’29” Time Circles
08. 10’24” Overload (Putput Mix)
09. 05’46” Moon Town
10. 07’38” Morning Call (Dawn Remix)
11. 05’56” Sunday Barbeque with the Neighbours

Review:

Behold the battle of the giants…

Humans Under Visual Atmospheres Network… Sounds pretty posh, and in a sense it is… This is ambient heavy-weights Magnus Birgersson & Vincent Villuis (of Solar Fields and Aes Dana fame respectably). We heard the first taster of their collaboration of Fahrenheit Project Part 3, and now finally the full album is out…Naturally, it’s on Ultimae Records … That alone, says ‘quality guaranteed’ in my book…

Through broadband internet technology, they’ve been able to swiftly send bits and pieces back and forth from France to Sweden through Ultimae-servers… This album was in the making for six full months, and only a couple of times did the two sonic wizards actually meet IRL… Wow, the wonders of modern technology, huh!?

I’ve listened to this virtually non-stop since I received it in the mail, and it’s hard for me to describe how wonderful it is… I can’t stop listening to it… Ambient chill in its purest, cleanest form… From featherlike, dreamy, tribal atmospheric chill to deep, dark, dubby, alienated downbeat… So fresh, so clean, so well polished… This is beyond words!

Make sure you give this the respect it deserves, but playing it on a decent sound system… There is so much stuff going on, on so many frequencies – Headphones are highly recommended… The deep, rich baselines and the overall magical ambient feel will send you on a journey you will not soon forget… Strong contender for ambient album of the year!

9.5/10

Favourites: All (Oh, and check out the dark, gloomy hidden track after BBQ… Sweet!)

DeathPosture

External links:
Ultimae Records: http://www.ultimae.com (soundclips available)
Saiko Sounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=3935
Psyshop: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/inr/inr1cd012.html
Chaos Unlimited: http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.asp?LR=INRE12

On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
dawn21682
Depths of Despair

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Apr 7, 2004 23:11
this album is indeed fantastic.
i was kinda expecting another boring,repetitive background music album.

boy was i wrong! this album has great atmospheres, beutiful ambience and a lot of character.
the melodies are wonderful.it is a great cd that gets better every time you listen to it.
well done!
kukan-dub-lagan/ItaiTaiko
kukan-dub-lagan/ItaiTaiko

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Apr 15, 2004 12:08
Quote:

On 2004-04-07 23:11, dawn21682 wrote:
this album is indeed fantastic.
i was kinda expecting another boring,repetitive background music album.

boy was i wrong! this album has great atmospheres, beutiful ambience and a lot of character.
the melodies are wonderful.it is a great cd that gets better every time you listen to it.
well done!

i'm with that as well           Check out my music page - free music , new style and more :)
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : May 2, 2004 09:36
H.U.V.A. Network- Distances (Ultimae, Apr. 2004)
1. Distances 8:39
2. Access to the Long Fields 7:40
3. Rain Geometries 5:52
4. Symetric Lifes 7:11
5. Processing Lights 3:29
6. Indigo Room 6:46
7. Time Circles 8:28
8. Overload (putput mix) 10:24
9. Moon Town 5:45
10. Morning Call (dawn rmx) 7:27
11. Sunday Barbecue With the Neighbours 3:30

This is an interesting on-line collaboration between Magnus Birgersson (Solar Fields) from Sweden and Vincent Villuis (Aes Dana) from France. Both have released through Ultimae in the past and share the distinctive Ultimae sound. The outcome is another good Ultimae release, with velvet mellow, yet optimistic, atmosphere. The album's first half is a bit lost, though, and only in the second half it really penetrates.

It starts with the monotone kickless Distances, hypnotic and in a moody atmosphere, but doesn't carry enough for me. Access to the Long Fields brings in along with the beautiful funky bass a feeling of mystery, 40 seconds of jungly energy, but as the music fades out, so does the track. Rain Geometries next is a beautiful mellow piece with strong atmosphere and moving simple guitar chords by Magnus. A first ear catcher here. Symetric Lifes (T4) has a light emotional pre-dawn atmosphere, but doesn't really touch me, though it has some nice moments in the middle. Processing Lights is a short piece with dramatic echoing drums that leads to second part of this album for me, the much better one. Indigo Room (T6) starts immediately with overpowering atmosphere sucking you in and creating a presence all around you, the break relaxes you, but only for a while, till things hit you again right in your face. Beautiful. But this is only the intro to the amazing Time Circles with its mysterious atmosphere summoning you to other realms- "Where are you now?". An amazing track with an unbelievably powerful feel to it. Overload is next (T8), another powerful track, very trancey, with huge atmosphere and great optimistic old school feel. Moon Town takes things down, deep and dark with a strong dramatic immediate effect. The dawn remix to Morning Call (T10), originally on Ultimae's own Fahrenheit Project part III, is my second favorite here, another emotional gem that is just what it's name suggest- the perfect piece of music for your dawn. The finishing track doesn't offer much beyond the put-a-smile-on-your-face name.

Bottom line: the whole album is very emotional (even dramatic at times), deep, with a mellow, even moody, streak going through it. It's very atmospheric as anyone familiar with the artists' previous releases could have expected. For me the first part is a bit weak, though the second makes up for it. There are some rare gems to be found here, and I feel that if the guys would have been more peaky and wait some more time this would have turned into a real classic. Favorites: 3, 6, 7(!!!), 8(!!), 10(!!!).           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

GuyShanti
Aerospace

Started Topics :  112
Posted : May 2, 2004 12:57
I like this album a lot. the trax now are all blurred in my mind cuz i've been listening to it a lot since i got it - i go to sleep with it
great, very relaxing and interesting chill album

G           http://www.myspace.com/aerospacemusic

Aerospace – Re Entry EP on beatport.com
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/276014/Re%20Entry%20EP
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 10, 2004 16:44
Finally I've got it... Is this emotional? Is this good? The answer is: YES! This is what chilling is all about. I absolutely love this cd. Ultimae never ceases to amaze me in this aspect. After the excellent Carbon Based Lifeforms cd, I was severely hoping this H.U.V.A. Network one was going to be good, and it is. It just is. No other words for this than: Sit back, and chill ... Excellent work!! Worth all the money...           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
-Abatwa-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : May 10, 2004 21:09
got it recently as well, after reading the nice reviews in the chillout/ambient section. again another pure ultimae quality release. it takes a time to crawl into you, but you gotta sit down, relax and give yourself to the music. then you can see the inner magic unfolds.
good work to aes dana and solar fields. waiting for more collaborations like this.           `Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end` Mandelbrot
Space Cadet
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : May 11, 2004 01:10
Dont like this one...Ita just not my stayll
maybe           BooM Shankar ! ! !
BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : May 13, 2004 21:16
This one is a real winner. It has a cohesive flow and incredibly delicate production quality...which is MUCH BETTER than other recent Ultimate releases (like Farenheit compilations)....which are pretty fantastic. i need more time to absorb it before making detailed comments...
Seb
Son Kite

Started Topics :  47
Posted : May 13, 2004 21:59
ahhhh ... why haven't I got this one!!! Must have it!

Seb           Smile!
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : May 27, 2004 12:27
H.U .V.A stands for Human Under Visual Atmospheres , this band is composed of Solar Fields (Magnus Bigersson) & Aes Dana (Vincent Villuis).

My preference goes mainly to the H.U.V.A team made tracks (1,2,3,4,6,7,11).

The other ones (5,8,9,10) are Solar Fields solo made & are globally less attractive to me.

Distances is a a very progressive & hypnotic stuff inspired from typical work of Aes Dana .

Acces to the long Fields is noteworthy for his deep warm (accoustic i think) bass coppled with light drummy bassy rythmic which appears a bit later on (4’30), cool resonatting atmosphere here.

I’ve got a worry with Rain Geometries, it could have be another nice song but the accoustic guitar melody played by Solar Fields is spoiled due to a not correctly tuned guitar, shameful !

The particularity of Symetric Lifes,except being nice, is a more pushed kick.

First Solo Solar Fields track with Processing Lights, another problem here with the starting infra bass sound that when play a bit loud physically hurts my earddrums, a not enough compressed sound to my taste. As a result this fact ruins a bit the whole thing. Hopefully this sound isn’t present all along the track, if you listen to the tune slowlier it can process to a better result attenuating the infrabass persecuting way.

Indigo Room is a sweet piece with some soft background vibrating tones or embellished with muffled breath samples. After 4’30, the track evolves into more kickin’, too much for an ambient tune for my mind, resulting a harder perception of the nice background atmospheric volute.

Accordind to me, Time Circles is the big error of the album cause of an attempt of psychedelic tip on accoustic guitar melody. Indeed, starting around 4’30 you’ve got the guitar is tuning , pitching while the melody is played :not convincing .

Overload is the best production on this album from Solar Fields in solo, it’s also the longest track.
The build up is progressive, something more in a trancey-chill trend than a real pure ambient stuff nevertheless the result is awesome. Starting from 4’00 you’ll normally get higher through a cycling up slighty sour tornado melody.

Moon Town is the exotic arabian sonic escapade.

I didn’t like at all the original version of Morning Call, this Dawn remix is definitivlty more my taste with a very gothic tasty intro & an atypic rythmic-bassline association.

No special remark on last one, sounding typical from H.U.V.A network, but i can advice you to keep listening up to the real end…

Highlights by order :2,8
Nice tunes by order :10,1,4,6

Mark nly 7/10 due to the little mess with harmonies in 3,5,7 without this, i would have upper the mark of 1 point.
Neville Bone
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jan 11, 2005 18:54
WOW!What an album.
(A MUST FOR TRANCE AMBIENT LOVERS)
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Jul 19, 2008 20:04
I get Goosebumps when i hear this album, the whole aura of huva network is soo pure and clean its unexplainable. By the end of it, This album is a perfect example of a beautifully carved journey from the deepest realms of human consciousness to bring out a positive realization in life through music.

Rain geometries
Indigo Room
Moon Town
hell all the tracks compliment each other perfectly.

WOW simply WOW, and yes headphones recommended for this masterpiece.

“What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
KINO OKO
Bigwigs

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Jul 20, 2008 01:54
my favorite slow electronic music since 2004. I lived so many mistical and good moments with this CD. Ilustration for my life, its so precious.           www.kinooko.pl
Tula

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 20, 2008 15:56
Quote:

On 2004-05-13 21:59, Seb wrote:
ahhhh ... why haven't I got this one!

where can I get it?
          LIFE Is Just The Choice Between FEAR and LOVE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1fDq9LnzFk
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - H.U.V.A. Network - Distances (Ultimae Records 2004) CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance