Artist: Various Artists
Label: BrainBusters Records
Date: 02/2008
Tracks: 10
Mastered by: Adam Hohman @ Parahalu studios
Cover Art: Quasga
Cat. #:BRA1CD002

Tracklist:

01 – Voux Deux – Message To Japan - 6:49 (148 BPM)
02 – Onkel Dunkel – Dansk Sommer - 7:47 (147 BPM)
03 – Yab Yum – Doowop – 7:24 (148 BPM)
04 – Pahalu – Sudoku – 9:01 (148 BPM)
05 – Ocelot – Multiplex – 6:26 (148 BPM)
06 – Parus – Uran – 6:42 (148 BPM)
07 – Digitalist – It’s Coming – 7:14 (148 BPM)
08 – Eitonin – Sawayaka – 8:01 (152 BPM)
09 – Gorump Peya – Full Changes (Tromad Feeling) – 6:32 (151 BPM)
10 – The Nommos – Supersonic Reconstruction – 7:26 (151 BPM)

Goods Carrier is the second released from the label BrainBusters. After having released Looney Tunes, a mixture between a promo compilation that you could download from their website, or buy the original CD, this time they bring Goods Carrier and this one is compiled by Spliffnik and Dana and they present us a CD full of strong names in the scene: Vous Deux, Onkel Dunkel, Yab Yum, Parahalu, Digitalist, The Nommos and more.
But let us see what this “bus” (the cover has a bus drawn on it), what goods, have been carried out to us:

Message To Japan (T1), is a collaboration track between Quasar, Dylalien (that together form the project Fractal Cowboys) and Manifest. It begins with some spoken samples that remind me voices from scientific movies from the sixties, and then, if you are familiar with Fractal Cowboys type of bass and kick, you will find that work in here. In fact, I reckon a lot of the facets of the group, the introduction of a lot of spoken samples are a trade mark of Fractal Cowboys. This track is full stomping leads, full of energy, twisted turns and nice build ups and we can also hear some samples from the Muppets Show: the “manha manha, manha manhana”; expect from this collaboration a psychedelic entertainment with a pinch of groovy and funny side. Favourite.

Now we are brought into the world of Onkel Dunkel with Dansk Sommer (T2). The person behind this project is Monno a former member of the group Grapes Of Wrath. The first time I heard this track, I fell in love with it. This one is smooth like a fresh breeze of wind in you face. The leads in this one are just awesome, some industrial sounds also, and they are all from extremely good taste, they take you to another place – it seemed I was travelling on top of a cloud when listening to this one. This fractal exploration is just fantastic. Favourite.

Now we come to hear a duo: Yab Yum with Doowop (T3). This track is a little bit more obscure from I am used to hear from this project, even the kick and bass are fatter and stronger then the regular work from them. In this track they explore other sounds from the ones they are used to work with. This type is more twisted, more aggressive, but they keep, It seems to me, the work on the electrifying type of leads which that is their trademark (and I risk myself to say this is work on the albino). The tricks on brakes and rolling drums confer a nice dynamic in the tune. Doowop track, like I said before, is a little bit different from the regular Yab Yum, but it is an interesting track.

Sudoku (T4) is the work by Parahalu and Sudoku is also the name of a Chinese game that revolves around playing with numbers in lines horizontals and verticals. This track is really danceable full of rhythm and groovy ness; it is one to get things moving on a dance floor. It is filled with little noises and nice melodies throughout the music. Around 4:00 minutes the track makes a twist, changing sonorities and slowing down the BPM´s, and then at 5:25 it goes back to the initial sounds. One thing that has caught up my mind is the used glitch in here. I recommend this one for the morning.
Favourite.

Multiplex (T5), is the work of Ocelot, and the man behind this project is Aaron Peacock. Aaron has dozens of releases and 5 length albums, and he still surprises me by the innovations and quality music he delivers, showing he is a very versatile producer. What to say about multiplex track? Well the first thing I noticed, is that the kick and bass of this track are really weird, in fact they are made in such a way, that the final result is a very big fat combination between the two elements. The psychedelic involving the tune is really trippy and acid. But in the overall I don’t like the bass and kick combination it sounds way fatter to my tastes.

Valentin and Mark Tarasov are the persons behind the Parus project. Uran (T6), is a very obscure tune, which has a strong vibe and nice wicked and twisted leads. I like very much the sensation I get on listening to this work – it has a creepy vibe, but at the same time it is power full music, very well elaborated. I mean this track isn’t heavy or requiring to much effort or attention to focus on it. The sounds are sublime and flow through you naturally. Favourite.

It’s Coming (T7), is the work by Digitalist. This one is raw power, full of iniquitous little sounds, sponge resonances but it is somehow a little bit minimalist; it has energy and nice dynamic conferring a positive attitude to the track.

Now we come to hear Eitonin with Sawayaka (T8). I personally never had heard anything from this project, but one thing has rally caught up my mind: this is powerful and muscular music – this is the first impression I get from this baby. Sawayaka is aimed for night territories; it is full of messy razor-sharp lines, ambiguous and chaotic sounds. This tune will make crack some heads on a dance floor. On a short note: the kick and bass are very strong.

Full changes (Tromad Feeling) (T9), is the product of Gorump Peyya. This one begins with some male samples, small clip of classical music on the mixture, and some distorted sounds. One thing that popped right into my ears was some samples of the sound of msn when someone logs in - very funny. But don’t let yourself be mistaken with all of this friendly sounds, that will repeat themselves more ahead in the tune, this one will turn into a very psychedelic one. Industrial sounds, crazy accelerated build ups and wicked changes in bass are the main dish. Favourite.

And now we are in the last tune of the compilation. The Nommos project, composed by Goa Gil and Ariane, bring Supersonic Reconstruction (T10). If you ever had the chance to hear any of his long DJ sets, you know what to expect from this. It begins with some male samples (like the predecessor) full of disordered sounds, and those sponge bubbles effect; some jagged leads, and even some sounds that remind me space sonorities (or at least the one we can hear on the movies related to space). Favourite.

The Mastering of this CD was made by Adam Hohman at Parahalu studios, Hungary.
The artwork was made by Quasga. I must congratulate the artist because the idea of a psychedelic bus is really nice, and even on the dashboard of the vehicle the car key has a little Krishna. And another particularity I enjoyed was the marker that points the speed the bus is going is pointing almost 150, and the truth is most of the tunes presented on this compilation is almost 150.

So to conclude my review I just want to say that this CD brings a lot of great music. One thing I have noticed on some tracks of this compilation is that they have putted a lot of emphasis on the kick and bass, don’t know if intentionally that the tunes were picked based these two elements or no reason at all, only because they were good tracks. I really recommend this CD because it has some nice moments of music, mostly for the night time, but 2 tracks, I consider that can be played during the day: the Onkel Dunkel, and Parahalu. This compilation is the second from Brain Busters and it shows a lot of work was made to put together all this artists and make a nice bus trip.          ...
illegalradioact

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 22, 2008 04:48
i think the mastering of this Cd is very average, if not worse. Every track is missing its 'meat' and the focus is on the Kick bass boom. perfect example here is the ocelot track that A3k has already mentioned.
tinks

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 22, 2008 14:27
good cd....

Really liked the parus and gorump peyya tracks a lot... Onkel dunkel and vous deux were good too ... For some reason the nommos track just didn't do it for me
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Apr 22, 2008 16:22
Can't really agree with most of the review....

1. Parus !!
2. The Nommos
3. Digitalist
4. Onkel Donkel

are the tracks to watch out for on this CD.. The rest were rather mediocre in my opinion. Personally preferred Looney Tunes by a mile and i also must agree the mastering could have been better.

I'm sure the next BrainBusters will be a spanker nonetheless

Waiting waiting! Bring it soon...

All the best freaks!

BooM Shankar
anam

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Apr 22, 2008 16:24
absolutely vousdoux and gorumppeya...
nice cd..
bombOle!
101pigs

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 22, 2008 16:53
yes it is, really nice....... favorite trax are 1,2,4,10!!! keep up the good work.b000m!!!
Saikozaurus
Saikozaurus

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Apr 22, 2008 18:33
My top from this CD:
1. Onkel Donkel
2. Ocelot
3. Para Halu
4. Nommos           http://soundcloud.com/saikozaurus
http://www.myspace.com/saikozaurus
bookings: saikozaurus@gmail.com
sue
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Apr 24, 2008 00:32
isn't Sudoku a Japanese game? hehe

GL with the compilation btw!
and it has one of the greatest covers ever, indeed           www.psylife.net
pete
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Apr 24, 2008 00:45
Some groovy tracks, but overall I thought the sound quality was a bit off.
Btros
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Apr 24, 2008 01:42
I bought this CD just for the Onkel Dunkel track, and then the Vous Deux track grew on me quite nicely as well. The rest of the tracks are ok. The Parus track is probably the best one I’ve heard from these guys. But the Onkel Dunkel is still my favorite. Great morning track.

BrainBusters
BrainBusters

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Apr 24, 2008 09:09
Thank you everyone for the honest comments. We appreciate the feedback as life is a continuous learning process and we are always looking to improve and be better.

As many people have pointed out, the mastering on this compilation is quite kick and bass heavy. Some people like it, but most, including some of the artists, have said it is just too much... In response to these comments, we have worked with Digitalist to create a new remastered version of the Goods Carrier compilation and I am pleased to say that everyone who has listened to it is very happy with the results.

The next step is to decide how to distribute (digitally) this remastered version of the compilation to everyone who has purchased the original mastered version. We obviously need some way to verify the purchase of the original CD and then provide a download link for the new mastered version. This way everyone can have both mastered versions and decide themselves which one is best.

For now, if you have purchased the original master and are interested in getting a copy of the new master once we decide on how to distribute it, please send an email to gc@brainbusters.info stating that you purchased the CD. When we decide a way to verify your purchase, we will send you an email with further instructions.

Thanks for your understanding, we will definitely learn from our mistakes and try to do better in the future.

Arigato Gozaimasu from BrainBusters in Tokyo, Japan.

BrainBusters Presents: Goods Carrier
The second Compilation, OUT NOW!
http://www.brainbusters.info/
MIK3L
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Apr 24, 2008 13:25
Quote:

On 2008-04-24 09:09, BrainBusters wrote:
Thank you everyone for the honest comments. We appreciate the feedback as life is a continuous learning process and we are always looking to improve and be better.

As many people have pointed out, the mastering on this compilation is quite kick and bass heavy. Some people like it, but most, including some of the artists, have said it is just too much... In response to these comments, we have worked with Digitalist to create a new remastered version of the Goods Carrier compilation and I am pleased to say that everyone who has listened to it is very happy with the results.

The next step is to decide how to distribute (digitally) this remastered version of the compilation to everyone who has purchased the original mastered version. We obviously need some way to verify the purchase of the original CD and then provide a download link for the new mastered version. This way everyone can have both mastered versions and decide themselves which one is best.

For now, if you have purchased the original master and are interested in getting a copy of the new master once we decide on how to distribute it, please send an email to gc@brainbusters.info stating that you purchased the CD. When we decide a way to verify your purchase, we will send you an email with further instructions.

Thanks for your understanding, we will definitely learn from our mistakes and try to do better in the future.

Arigato Gozaimasu from BrainBusters in Tokyo, Japan.

finally!! waiting for the new mastering

thanks brain busters and digitalist!!!

booomm
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Apr 24, 2008 14:15
yes indeed it is a great move, and a recognition by the label that the music and the people are what counts
Congrats to Brainbusters and the people who constitute the label

ILSE
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Apr 24, 2008 15:22
yeah ...
have to agree ... thats indeed a cool move ... congrats brainbusters ..

bOOm
Mighty-Quinn Rec
Mighty Quinn Rec

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Apr 25, 2008 09:54
Hello to all! It was a great pleasure for me to listen to the new mastering from Thomas digitalist. Indeed it is much better then the previous one.
Very clean precise job, with running bass. Very good sound balance.
Also i feel very happy to contribute some of the ideas to thie killer release, so i feel good that it got remastered and Dana is looking for the way to resitisfy y'all with the new version digitally. Im sure it will be GREAT SUCCESS and pleasure for you.
Best Regards, Niki.
          www.mightyquinnrecords.com
www.myspace.com/mightyquinnrec
V/A "Eye of the Beholder" - Out Now!
V/A "Back to the Mothership" - Out Now!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Goods Carrier - BrainBusters - 2008

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance