Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Goa in 1997 / Full on in 2003 ?

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Goa in 1997 / Full on in 2003 ?

Jeff
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jul 2, 2003 10:54
Hi all,

Surfing the Internet Psy forums these days is quite a depressing game. Numerous threads are indeed dealing either with the "boredom of the Full-on productions" or with the "money-grasping labels and party organizers".

Whether these complains are justified is not really what interests me here. Actually, I'd like to know if you think we could somehow equate the present situation with the state of the scene back in the Goa Trance heydays.

By heydays, I mean hype, when magazines for instance where talking about it intensively (in France at least). Goa was "cool". Psy CDs came out of nowhere, with very poor quality tracks (I'm not talking about the great classics that came out during this period of course).

Suddenly, the scene collapsed for different reasons, and the main musical direction(s) changed drastically.

My question is this : do you think we will soon experience the same thing with the Full-on movement ?

For me, the situation is a bit different insofar as the economic structures of the Psy scene is more professional (even though DJ Yaniv and others don't think it is already mature enough) than it was back in the mid 90's. So the inertia of the scene may be a bit stronger than before.

What do you think ?

J.
Fingax
Cosmic Station

Started Topics :  82
Posted : Jul 2, 2003 10:58
I hope that all becames full of magik.. again..
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Jul 2, 2003 11:47
Quote:

On 2003-07-02 10:54, Jeff wrote:
My question is this : do you think we will soon experience the same thing with the Full-on movement ?

that would be killllller!!! i wish, i wish so much..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
nirvana

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jul 2, 2003 12:11

I think a lot of people wish this to happen, so it probably will.

Yaniv

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jul 2, 2003 12:13

What's happen with oriental psychedelic Goa melody?

Check: Spirallianz, Midi Miliz, MOS, Organic Noise.
Can we still call that trance? I don't think.
parapsyched
Scratch 22

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Jul 2, 2003 12:59
as it been said on many threads before this one... full-on nowdays has less spirit in it as in goa tracks.... guess the spiritual side of trance is on the downside....... u use to put on a cd and go out on a journey have an experience ... now u just here a bunch of tracks usuaully dancefloor killers but with no real connection between them.... where`s the spirit gone? i think the reason goa music attracted that much attention back than was because it had a so called "spiritual" vibe around it...           if u dig deep enough u just might reach the sky...

"dream is destiny"

http://www.scratch-22.com
Ultra_FoX
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jul 2, 2003 13:00
We have alot of musical trends in our so "un-trendy" style of music, we had minimal, we had proggressive, and now its full-on.           Its the vibe that matters.
nirvana

Posted : Jul 2, 2003 14:22

Yes full on is a killer, it killed spirituality!

But since it doesn't have that much of a long lasting value it will not stay for long.

D[e]sh

Posted : Jul 2, 2003 16:54
well...
in 2000 The Mother Earth died...
flora, fauna, mankind are living now on The Bones of One...
we'll stay harder and harder.
we like hard music and hardest tunes now.
goa mutated to full power style...
Love is the scream of dead trolls today and we addicted to full on style.           Entactogenesis. This is a generalized feeling that all is right and good with the world.
Goblim
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Jul 2, 2003 19:19
Quote:
What's happen with oriental psychedelic Goa melody?

Check: Spirallianz, Midi Miliz, MOS, Organic Noise.
Can we still call that trance? I don't think.

They are two different genres IMO.

The word trance has for a long time been abused totally (as well as techno). Paul Van Dyk radio hits are called trance...           Ut ameris, amabilis esto.
nirvana

Posted : Jul 3, 2003 13:49

Maybe, D(e)sh is right and love is dead, and all we have left is full on.

D[e]sh

Posted : Jul 3, 2003 15:52
Quote:

On 2003-07-03 13:49, nirvana wrote:

Maybe, D(e)sh is right ...

Love is sleeping but We are dead =(
...bad drugs, not pure chemicals, angry djs and clubbers... killer parties... KILLER, friend, KILLLLER!!!
(this word must talk to you about likest style of trance)
          Entactogenesis. This is a generalized feeling that all is right and good with the world.
KosMos
Drone

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jul 4, 2003 04:51
the world is changing... i see it in the water...

no wait.. this is from the movie...

the world is changing... that's why the feelings have changed. rock'n'roll was magic, rock was magic, metal, rave, goa all of them were magic..

now i don't see any magic in any kind of music..
and i doubt that we'll see some soon...           in search for an answer...
rodram

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 4, 2003 13:53
Quote:

On 2003-07-04 04:51, KosMos wrote:

now i don't see any magic in any kind of music..
and i doubt that we'll see some soon...

I think you are confusing your state of mind, with the world at large.

Of course I partly agree with you, but not everything is bad, there is some really great stuff out there.

I just received an album I consider now one of the bests of all times, and I am very much joyed about it.

NEO
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jul 4, 2003 14:40
if u can see it in the water i can feel it in the air
unfurthably full on is a trend now and unfurthanly it will be trendy in the futhure and will alwase "rule"...(unfurthanly!!).
why is will alwase rule? and why did it rule alwase?
cus ppl alwase looking for harder tunes....harder music with no complex...with no feeling's...ppl like cus it's very mainstream,and cunsider as papuler.
but ther is nothing we can do...exept some ppl (most of them! will understand the full on is killing psychedelic music every day!!).

Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Goa in 1997 / Full on in 2003 ?

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance