Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Furious - Not For Fame (Vertigo Records) - 2006

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Furious - Not For Fame (Vertigo Records) - 2006

Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Sep 5, 2006 21:21
Artist: Furious
Album: Not For Fame
Label: Vertigo Records
Released: May 2006
Cover: http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?ver1cd010_b.jpg:CDs/ver/ver1cd010.html:;

Tracklist:

1. Stalker
2. Ultravader
3. Ruswings
4. Steambeat
5. Tired 4 Night
6. Mics and Things
7. Shankar
8. Deep Collaps
9. Rush
10. Merkano Chill

The review:

No review yet I see so here goes: It'll be short, cuz there are a lot of people out there who can write great track by track reviews, which will probably follow after me later. Anyway, had this for some time now and it doesn't disappoint. I got this at around the same time as the Horror Place cd. I bought both albums expecting some solid dark psytrance tracks and both delivered. Horror Place was a little too similar all the way around for my tastes though. After repeated listens however, this still takes me right up there. There's enough diversity here to keep you occupied for some time and the tracks are pretty complex at times, so it's good to re-listen as well. So, here's the mega short track by track review:

Track 1: Starts with liquid sounding samples and atmospherics, then a dark bassline begins to pump at around 1 minute and it's off from there. Pretty straightforward track, but nice to open with. Not too oppressive.

Track 2: Begins with sweeping sounds, then gets pumping at around the 1 minute again. Now you get why this is more diverse, since this track just sounds different from track 1. The bassline is different, but so is the overall feel. It's a little darker too and with a creepy padsound in it you can't go far wrong with this.

Track 3: In sound more like track 1. Pretty dark again. Good track, but not really anything really noteworthy to mention. Fits well though.

Track 4: Different rhythm again and sounding more strange than the earlier tracks. It reminds me a bit of old finnish psytrance tracks like Von Aum, only a bit faster. Pretty good.

Track 5: More dry track. It's not bad. Quite nice work on that little acidtune at around 6 minute mark.

Track 6: Sounding a bit different again, and quite minimal throughout. Good work on the sampling and the tune later on. Nice track.

Track 7: In sound more like track 3. More upfront than that one though. Nice track, gets wilder towards the end.

Track 8: Starts off wild immediately, calms down a bit, then at the end takes off again. Good work on the sampling again.

Track 9: In sound again different from the rest of the tracks. Good stuff, sounding more like experimental psytrance in places.

Track 10: We round off with a chilltrack. Pretty sunny atmosphere in this, especially after the pretty dark tracks that have gone before. Quite nice too this one, not a run of the mill chill track.

The final verdict: 8,5/10

Closing comment: I like this cd. It's one of those you can put up every once in a while and enjoy it. It's also a lot more diverse than for example the Horror Place album, which I got at the same time. Anyway, check the soundsamples and see if you like it. I did, and I can recommend this to anyone who liked previous Furious tracks. They did a nice job here. Let's hope the forthcoming Paradigma double album "Sirius Jokerus" on Deja Vu Records will be as great as this. Here's hoping!! (Paradigma is a sideproject of Furious by the way)

Check samples from the Furious album here:
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ver/ver1cd010.html
http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5529

"Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Sep 6, 2006 09:56
wow, your "psycore" taste is good Acidhive.
- This album is really sweet and nice. It's almost like chilled-down psycore. Kind of relaxing and pumping at times with a deep and pleasant atmosphere. in other words, Strong and smooth tracks with a mood to die for. A really beautiful trippy downbeat track as closer.
Vertigo Records sure is releasing a lot of “dark” gems these days. Want soft psychedelic "psycore" music?
- Go get!

8,5/10
CLAW
CLAW

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Sep 6, 2006 17:13
Furious, always interesting!
welldone           • Noize Conspiracy Records •
http://soundcloud.com/c-l-a-w
https://www.facebook.com/CLAW.cy
Ormion
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Sep 6, 2006 22:59
Didn't like it that much. Some tracks are good but some of them aren't something extraordinary. The mstering though is maybe the best ever!!!
7/10 from me.
DAHAKA

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 7, 2006 22:42
Its a strange cd indeed and the art its very
unusual... the cd its strange but good in all aspects.
          UGLY BEFORE!
maggot

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Sep 21, 2006 11:59
regular russian darkpsy ..almost copy paste stuff .. sigh .. why must we have so much copy paste in dark psy ..

6/10 .. some tracks are interesting
Black Cat
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Sep 21, 2006 20:39
Well done!
All the best wishes to my friend Furious & Vertigo records!!!

Bom Bom           http://www.myspace.com/discovalleyrecordsgoa
DVRcd001Nocturne*DVRcd002AcidMutants
DVRcd003PsychoCell*DVRcd004HastaLasPastillas*DVRcd005Dark Side of GOA
DVRcd006CHApoRAS Tribal Dance*DVRcd007 1001 Nights*DVRcd008 Triton OUT!
bararabo

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 22, 2006 17:03
furious is blasting for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
killer album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!congratulations
SofiaX
SofiaX

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Sep 24, 2006 13:04
Very Nice cover
Also very Nice album but i was excpecting more killer

www.myspace.com/djane_sofiax
http://spaces.msn.com/sofiaxfairy
www.magnetikagency.com
Mental Cruelty Records
www.moonsun-records.com
www.geomagnetic.tv
www.psybertribe.org
www.insomnia-records.ru
www.discovalleyrecords.com
ocelot
ocelot

Started Topics :  94
Posted : Sep 25, 2006 01:37
i like this album a lot- mostly the overall tone-
it sounds phat and is not annoying in the mids and highs... the rhythms are nice and more sophisticated than the usual stuff...

i dont know what homeboy above meant by "soft"
as this is generally straight bassline no-velocity twisted sounds stuff... perhaps he/she means its not 160bpm? but then i find a lot of that stuff not so hard really- just fast...

perhaps not as cinematic and plain MAD as psykovsky debut- the masterpiece for raising some hairs on the back of your neck...
perhaps more danceable/tranceable overall-

mastered impeccably. sounds great on Adam S3A's with subs

favorite tracks: stulker and ruswings

------------->
oCeLoT-
out 28th Sept "dreamSelector" - melodic morning trance fusion- Vertigo Records

coming soon! "PsyMaTiX" - psychedelic trance
Dropout Productions
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Dec 16, 2006 18:38
Quote:

i dont know what homeboy above meant by "soft"
as this is generally straight bassline no-velocity twisted sounds stuff...

What I meant was actually in the line of what your saying your self here
Quote:

On 2006-09-25 01:37, ocelot wrote:
it sounds phat and is not annoying in the mids and highs... the rhythms are nice and more sophisticated than the usual stuff...

It's "soft" in the way that the sound is good and round and non stress. .. kind of You see?
the_dude
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Dec 18, 2006 21:49
nice album

i like

big ups to da furious           www.freakout.ru
soulfood
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jan 30, 2007 16:29
I love this album. Night trance is by far, to myself one of the greatest artforms in modern music. However much of the time when I'm looking for great artists all I find on the whole is just about "ok".

This is particularly good

I love those gated vocals in track 2. Oh how they compliment.

So much night trance, all though I find it fun to dance to, just ends up washing over me and doesnt stick in my head too much. This is so memorable and full of coulour and mood...

wow
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Jan 30, 2007 16:46
Quote:

On 2007-01-30 16:29, soulfood wrote:
This is so memorable and full of coulour and mood...
wow

Something like this? http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?what=R&obid=702645
@pne@

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 31, 2007 13:47
one of my fav projects !!!           @pne@ Double Trouble
www.kgbeach.tk
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Furious - Not For Fame (Vertigo Records) - 2006

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance