Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Frantic Noise - The Nordland Orchestra (Dark Prisma Records)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Frantic Noise - The Nordland Orchestra (Dark Prisma Records)

z1P^
Megalopsy

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Sep 28, 2006 14:30
PSYREVIEWS.NET presents:
Frantic Noise: The Nordland Orchestra
Dark Prisma Records

Bloody hell. One half of Megalopsy (whose album last year is still, in the humble mumble of this reviewer, the high-watermark of the dark psy genre) teams up with some crunchy cohorts for a caustic cacophonous crusade of christ-that’s-amazing music. Packaged up in a very trippy way (let’s just say that these are the finest linear notes in the history of music), it’s playful music that just happens to be the year’s only truly essential dark psychedelic release.

Skyshack, recorded with Collapse, kicks the album off to a staggering start. The energy, the balls, the life that’s going on in the music is incredible; it’s the first time I’ve heard any deep, dark psychedelic that reaches the same part of the brain that got delighted when The Abstract Machine dropped. Barely space for a breath, before Spine Screwer drops and does exactly what it says on the tin. The sound here is fantastic: it’s a wall of frequency, yet with enough definition and crispness to allow every layer its own space and clarity. Ghost Call (with Collapse again) is pure oldskool through a lysergic 2006 blender. Once again, it’s all about ruthless power coupled with hi-definition production that keeps this interesting; something to think about while your genitals are musically chopped off and thrown into the ocean.

The Glow opens up and stirs into life like some subterranean dragon, peaks with a little melody, falls into one of the nicest quantized sections of the year, and then drops masterfully back into 4-4. Then we have a new Megalopsy track: Shit Winds, and it’s a cracker. Eerie, swirling, startling stuff without so much as a pause to wipe the smirk off your face before it sends you off for yet another stint on the dancefloor. Psy Fiction has a ravier vibe, with more stabs and melodies. The midsection is a sublime lesson in how to keep the energy flowing, and the changes toward the end will make punters think that the DJ is being clever (perish the thought, of course.)

The Boogieman Theme is more or less what you would expect: anthemic in a post-Gamme Goblins way, it’s so unswervingly geared towards making you dance that it’s not so much a piece of music but a piece of political propaganda. Lokutus Welcome is recorded with Audiopathik from Mexico, and it’s what is technically known within the industry as “fucking dark.” There’s almost a sense of regular fullon at the start, but by the end that’s all been blown away with a seriously evil, unfriendly bit of music. Helioboy – from Frantic Noise, Collapse, and Pragmatix – is wonderful. Dark psy at 136bpm, and yes it works a treat. Finally there’s the downtempo Done For Good, recorded with Pragmatix; and while there’s some interesting ideas it doesn’t really hang together so well – but this isn’t important.

Crikey. Not since the Megalopsy album The Abstract Machine have I been so singularly impressed with a dark psychedelic album. Both share a very special mix of intricacy and power, more than enough to keep you interested and coming back time after time. The genre’s 2006 highpoint.

Review by http://www.psyreviews.net
Exact URL: http://www.psyreviews.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=325&Itemid=36

------------------

hey there boys, summer tour is now over and here you got me back on the internet! feel free to leave your long or 3 word feedback about the album here. ill be pleased to read it all.

b00000000000000m brothers
cya next time          (www) DarkPrisma.com.ar/ ~ FranticNoise.com.ar/ ~ Megalopsy.com.ar/ ~
providing shamanic euphoria until the end of the days!
Transition Records

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 28, 2006 15:08
What a nice review of a great great great album !!
All the best for Frantic Noise, a really kick ass live act, very intense, with a lot of sense

i totally loved this album

KILLLLARRRGGGG !!!!
serz

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 28, 2006 15:32
Yeah, this is indeed a great dark psychedelic album!

Energic.. intense and it has a great sound quality/production which makes it better yet.

You should definetely get this one...           serz/xynapse
www.djserz.com.ar
eGama

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 28, 2006 16:48
this record make me feel really proud because is a great release from argentina!!

you should fucking get it!
jaramogi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Sep 28, 2006 16:59
indeed a outstanding release!
i've expected this

}-->MaLiCe in WoNdErLaNd<--{

http://www.facebook.com/malice.in.wonderland.psy
http://soundcloud.com/malice-in-wonderland
http://maliceinwonderland.bandcamp.com/
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Sep 29, 2006 02:06
great dark album. especially liked the one with audiopathik .           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
TranceChick
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Sep 29, 2006 06:56
Great review z1P^!
I love this Cd...it's dark, twisted with masterful melodies that surface and blend very well (like a fine wine) in each track.

Well done on your debut album Frantic Noise!

www.sinrecords.com
www.shakticollective.com

www.myspace.com/trancechick4life
MorNinG MaGiC

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 30, 2006 10:16
Fuckinn brilliant.........! raw power all the way .. TO B VERY HONEST I DIDNT XPECT THIS ALBUM TO TURN UP THE WAY IT HAS ..! n my sincerest apologies to say so..!
but when my frnd played dis cd at his place as an xperimentation BUY.......! WOOWWWWWW..!
damn did the speakerss bloww the roof off..!
really niceee ..! loved every bit of it this a gr8 style frm the change of shift frm the MEGALOPSY style.. more full on dynamic n powerful yet suttle i wud say .>!
all the best for ur future releases man ..! traxs 4 - 8 stand out for me ..!
BOoooM
LUV N LITE ..!
Trishula Records
Trishula Records

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Sep 30, 2006 11:57
Bom Bom this is a very good album indeed, I love the fusion of old style goasound with nowadays psytrance style. Excellent balance in the music and great production quality.
          www.trishula-records.com
www.ajana-records.com
www.trishula-media.com
Ankur
Ankur / Virgin Suicide

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Oct 1, 2006 22:56
"its OK"

realy like this one! very groovy with an touch of full on and alot great, dark melodies
superb work my friend.
see ya soon
          Freqs of Nature Festival 2012
http://freqsofnature.de
Lost Theory Label DJ
http://www.losttheoryrecords.com/
Vision
Inner Vision

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Oct 2, 2006 03:36
Very nice album ,its very powerfull mystic music,great atmospheres and amazing leads...one of the best albums released this year

z1p all the best with your next releases...

Booo
TranceChick
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Oct 2, 2006 04:17
Quote:

On 2006-09-30 11:57, Trishula Records wrote:
Bom Bom this is a very good album indeed, I love the fusion of old style goasound with nowadays psytrance style. Excellent balance in the music and great production quality.

Word!

I can't think of 1 track which is just "ok"... they're all dementedly tasty!
          www.sinrecords.com
www.shakticollective.com

www.myspace.com/trancechick4life
filter

Started Topics :  87
Posted : Oct 2, 2006 21:51
a huge hug for my partner in arms and adventure

congratulations z1priano, keep on rocking mentende?           Psychedelic Trance from Argentina
www.darkprisma.com.ar
www.megalopsy.com.ar
www.psytrance.com.ar

Megalopsy Travel Blog
http://megalopsy.blogspot.com
Timetwister

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Oct 4, 2006 00:06
I find myself trying very hard to 'get' the darkpsy thing that has haunted the psyscene the past couple of years and has left it's mark upon the scene, but frankly there's not much that remotely had any soul or feeling behind it. I manage to enjoy it on a festival, but it's more feeding off the energy of the crowd than a true love for the music that keeps me going all night.

But with the lack of truly essential releases in the full-on genre, and only a handfull of albums that have rocked my world this year (I think about 6) I find myself trying to find some deeper meaning in the darkpsy genre, some fresh breath of air to finally see what all the fuss is about. I think with this album that I've foud it.

I'm not going to do a rundown of the tracks, but I will simply state that this album is a journey through all kinds of mindscapes that is as diverse as it is entertaining. The tantalising use of melody over the driving and haunting backdrop of FX and driving basslines make this a totally fresh and inspiring release that has made me see the quality that the darkpsy scene apparently has to offer. As said above, this is an essential piece of music in any collection tht has anything to do with psychedelic trance!
jap0
Pragmatix

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Oct 4, 2006 00:51
good work you made in this album zipi, intense music and nice production too

keep growing up in this vocation           .:: www.pragmatix.com.ar ::.
.::www.facebook.com/pragmatix1 ::.
-----------------------
.:: www.heterogenesis.com.ar ::.
.::www.facebook.com/heterogenesis ::.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Frantic Noise - The Nordland Orchestra (Dark Prisma Records)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance