Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Fatali – Dawn CD (BNE/Yoyo 2006)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Fatali – Dawn CD (BNE/Yoyo 2006)

Suspekt
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Jun 3, 2006 11:57
Didn’t catch Fatali when he last visited Australia, although a lot of my friends said he played very well- I’d heard a few new ones here and there so I naturally though that the Fatali album might be quite good. It actually surprised me- it’s a bit more than good! Fatali – Dawn on BNE/Yoyo is a rocking collection of morning psytrance- its emotional, melodic trance without the cheesey rave sections and boring crap that seems to plague a lot of modern full on.

The tunes range between 138-145, guaranteeing that its pretty workable for different times and places- his sound seems to have gotten a lot more “solid” over the last few works, really digging the basslines on this album. Lots of definition and very crisp and clean sound all around really- production level is top notch (as is the case with most BNE artists).

After a little atmospheric intro, its strait into it with Deep- a proggy influenced numbers that echoes stuff by guys Lish or Yotopia a bit. Deep pulsing bassline winding over some snappy percussions and lots of atmosphere. Funky and strait to the point and at 138 BPM youd probably even find me dropping this one in prog sets here and there… Lovely stuff, a great start to the cd.

Ocean View at 140 brings the tempo up a bit- Solid as fuck bassline dominates and shows that Dawn isn’t at any way a weak or soft release. Nice development throughout the track, well places sounds and atmospherics and a nice hovering feel maintained right up to the end. Some nice melodies give the end a bit of lift and some nice psychedelic feel- again a winner!

Flip has echoes of stuff by protoculture- winding psychedelic feel with a more melodic focus- nice morning stuff but has a bit too much given in the high end at some parts for me. Fans of the more melodic thing wont be let down though, definitely not a bad track.

2nd Episode has a similar kind of protoculturish jump- its got a lot more tuffness than the last one I think. Top notch bass and some lovely subtle melodies and nice breaks and drops guarantee this is interesting listen and a great dancefloor track. Really picks the pace up at the end with a super solid section… wicked.

Homeless is probably most melodic based one on the album- its quite traditional Israeli sound- not terrible track by any means, but perhaps a bit too generic for me. Still got a nice drop and feel- and he doesn’t let the “rave” in anywhere either, I give him maximum credit for that!

Dawn- the title track starts with a nice acoustic guitar intro- quite infectedish but at the same time nice on the ears. Quite a bit of infected influence all around on this- probably prefer the Fatali sound a little bit more these days even! Rolling basslines and that style here- nothing that really catches my eye too much but again not really a bad track either. Happy music.

Free really redeems the last 2- the Solidness is back with this one! Nice minimal intent and epic morning feel. Driving bass and tappy percussions give it very building feel, would be nice toward to start of a set I think.

Booster has a very different bassline- its nice to hear something new! Kind of bubbly rumble- very funky feel all around with this one. Bouncy sections all around, very playful feel. Cool, fun music.

They always save the best for last- If We Touch is a dirty, funky number with heaps of balls at the same time. Love the way the bassline is so raw and groovy- giving way to some spacious sections with killer rhythms all around. Stabby and with an interesting progression- this is the most fresh sounding one on the album I think. Rocking stuff to close it off.

Overall- Fatali doesn’t push a whole of boundaries with Dawn- but what he does do is deliver a very solid release that will keep fans of real psytrance alive. There aren’t any ravey peaks, its not cheesey yet its got some nice melodic work- and most importantly, its designed with the dancefloor in mind.

Its very fun music- playful and positive- good to see an artist develop the way he has, this is definitely his best work yet. Well done bro, hope to catch you next time your down under. Best BNE release in quite a while!

8/10

Favourites 2-3-10

Open Records, Australia

www.open-records.net
Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Jun 3, 2006 13:57
Why isn´t this album at psyshop.com? or where can we get it?           to use your head you have to go out of your mind
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jun 3, 2006 14:11
You can order it at www.saikosounds.com.
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Methodic Marble
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Jun 4, 2006 00:46
good review
Fatali
Fatali

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jun 4, 2006 16:27
Hey suspekt, how are u mate? thank u for a great review!!!

shame we didnt had the chance to meet last time, but i hope to catch u in november at the earthcore carnival...

here's few related links
http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5715

http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.asp?LR=bnecd77

http://shop.bne.co.il/product_info.php?products_id=546&osCsid=64965ae8839151466d4665e5fa676708

all the best to u all and thanks again !
cheers

Eitan.

Shaqattack
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Jun 4, 2006 17:10
if you havent heard it yet... YOU MUST!!!

great album!

exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Jun 6, 2006 15:07
i think the synth work is immaculate here .. the melodies have gotten even better .. the basslines are sweeet totally devoid of cheez.. whats baad about this album .. cant say booster is my fav track here keep up the good work fatali
          missing plug-in
Shanegobi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  46
Posted : Jun 6, 2006 15:51
well what can i say...im am very impressed with fatali 's new album...didnt really like the second album but DAWN is right up my street....been playing a few tracks from it.. really enjoy track 1, 2 , 7 & 10 ...good well rounded morning music with out the cheesy

well done eitan

Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Jun 6, 2006 16:04
its wonderful very good superb
fatali!!! right in bull-eye!!!           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
tHuJoN
Freakulizer / Khainz

Started Topics :  115
Posted : Jun 7, 2006 01:56
Yeahh pretty good Album ...
Top production from Eitan ...
For sure my favorite Fatali Album ... less cheese more groove ...

All the best for the future ...

SImon           www.myspace.com/freakulizer
www.facebook.com/freakulizer
www.myspace.com/khainzmusic
http://www.facebook.com/khainzmusic
oren\el ninio
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jun 7, 2006 15:24
wowwwwwwwww
fatali rock the house with this one
good lucl bro i know how hard u work for this one
but what can i say it came out perfect
killer sound killer vibes
keep it up
bom baba
el ninio
Kalari
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 18, 2006 14:21
@fatali
bro, u r gonna see him in moondust in november before u go to earthcore carnival!

@suspekt
boom review dude.
send me a msg on msn when u online next!

@everyone
i will be frank, m not that much into fullon but sometimes, albums like these make me feel "why not"!!!!!!
good music for the daytime, for sure!

bom shanti.

.: Faith is the force that drives all across the waters of life :.
juggler
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Jun 24, 2006 07:02
Fatali – Dawn
BNE/Yoyo Records

Promotional Thread

Eitan Carmi, a.k.a Fatali, is one of BNE's rising talents. Eitan, born in 1984 in Nazareth, discovered electronic music at the age of 13. He was pulled in by the electronic elements of sound and was instantly captivated by the wonders of music production. He started out by fooling around with studio equipment, and at the age of 16, after discovering the MIDI world, began producing professionally. Fatali developed a totally unique sound - fresh and powerful, ranging from deep progressive to full-on trance, always with a hint of melody, and perfectly synchronized for the dance floor. His record company and label, BNE/YoYo Records, released his second studio album titled "Faith" in February 2005, a follow up to his debut album that was released in early '03 on the UK label "Alchemy". Fatali has been performing extensively over the past two years. He appeared in Tsunami- New York, Earthcore- Australia, Soulclipse- Turkey, Indian Spirit- Germany, Antiworld- UK and also in Brazil, Mexico, Japan, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland & Denmark. 2006 has only began and Fatali is already booked to major events such as the S.O.S festival 2006 in Japan, the 13th Annual Earthcore Global Carnival 2006 and many more. In his Live Shows, he’s electrifying the crowd with ever lasting energy. Wherever he has set foot, the response has been amazing, setting the dance floor on fire and giving a whole new meaning to morning sound! Fatali manages to pass through music his positive approach to life and leaves the crowd breathless.

Track list:

(1) Before The Dawn
(2) Deep
(3) Ocean View
(4) Flip
(5) 2nd Episode
(6) Homeless
(7) Dawn
(8) Free
(9) Booster
10) If We Touch

Review:

Here comes the third album from Fatali, let’s listen...

Track 1 is the intro, it just has some deep sounds and can be a good idea for mixing in a chillout set.

Track 2 “Deep” give us a trip to the progressive side of Fatali...it’s slowly (138 bpm) and like the name it sounds very deep and pacific...perfect for starting or ending any Summer party.

Track 3 “Ocean View” comes with a pacific face too but a bit less...the bass line is a bit more stronger and kind of progressive, there are some psy tunes around that gives the track an enveloping atmosphere, but after some time listening it starts to be a bit boring.

“Flip” is the first one that I really like...nice and strong kick bass line that mixed with the hihats gives the track a great rhythm...it has too some morning and quiet melodies that are going to put all listeners with big smiles in their faces

Track 5 “2nd Episode” is my favourite here...it has a power and warm bassline that feets perfectly in any place at any hour...at 3:00m it has a break and when it comes again the bassline seems to be even more powerfull, allways going on with that mystic and quiet melodies, simply beautiful.

Track 6 “Homeless” has another kind of a progressive and rhythmic bass line, filled up with some enveloping psy tunes...it has a big break before the end with some nice melodies in the back, but when it comes again I think that melodies could came with more energy.

Track 7 “Dawn” is another one that I think can be perfect to finish some party...it has that Fatali’s formula on the bass line mixed with some effects and melodies that gives to the track an open and groovy feeling.

Track 8 “Free” is very pacific from the beginning till the end...it has some nice and dreamy melodies, well constructed breaks, pumping bass line, nice one.

Track 9 “Booster” is very dreamy and strange, the bass line seems to be out of time...by one side I don’t like it to much because it seems to be strange for dancing but by other seems nice because it doesn’t have that Fatali’s formula that the majority of the other tracks have.

Track 10 “If We Touch” is a great choose for finishing the album...it’s very quiet and comfortable, has some nice and well constructed melodies, allways with that groove inside.

In general I like this album, almost all tracks has a nice rhythm for dancing but by other side are very relaxed and very nice for home listening, my favourites are 4, 5 and 8

7/10

Pedro Gaspar aka Juggler

DJ JUGGLER (United Beats Rec. / Crystal Matrix)
http://www.facebook.com/djjugglerpt
http://www.facebook.com/jugglingpt
http://www.facebook.com/freakyfiction
http://www.facebook.com/techtwistpt
Crystal_Sound
Crystal Sound

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 24, 2006 11:46
Great music Eitan
this how our morning need to start !
(with fatali sounds)           Working Non Stop !!
------------
http://www.myspace.com/crystalvlad
------------
Yahel Chabs
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jun 25, 2006 13:44
Very nice worked, very nice album, Favourite for "If We Touch" which has something very special imo...
All the best for the future man!           TranceLoad.com & Teknasia.com Manager
www.myspace.com/yahelchabs
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Fatali – Dawn CD (BNE/Yoyo 2006)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance