Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Greece - European Festival of Electronic Culture and Digital Art / 8th & 9th July 2005 / Mandraki - Serre
← Prev Page
5 6 7 8 9 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

European Festival of Electronic Culture and Digital Art / 8th & 9th July 2005 / Mandraki - Serre

griniaris
Inactive User

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jul 13, 2005 10:02
Dear Polyester I 've never said that I didn't have a good time, I had a great time and off course I enjoyed the nature, I didn't leave any garbage, I hade great company(my lovely friends) and I heard good music from artist that I like. But mate I am talking about the festival as a festival. The organisers promised things in their site but I never found them. Yes it was very good but it was not a festival for me, it was like back to the old times when we were going up to the mountains and bring just our selfs and our good mood! If somenone remembers back then we never paid 60 euro for that! Anyway I am glad you had a good time, maybe next time we meet each other and express our opinions about the event face to face
So I Am The Eye you were there for once more what can I say, we allways are in the same place, see the same things! May I ask how do you know that Noardos was throwing the water? Very suspicious!           Don't Fuck With Me!
Polyester Corespun

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 13, 2005 10:46
Gdmorning all!

Yes, now you have put it the right way griniari !
I know that ppl are fed up with super duper wow presentations in the flyers and sites etc and come to the place and only see half or none of that .Honestly, I am one of them!
I would prefer a less glossy pre advertisement of an event and then be surprised by an outcome beyond expectation, wouldn`t this be better?

Well there are other happenings on their way this summer, let`s wait and see
griniaris
Inactive User

Posted : Jul 13, 2005 11:16
Quote:

On 2005-07-13 10:46, Polyester Corespun wrote:
Gdmorning all!

Yes, now you have put it the right way griniari !
I know that ppl are fed up with super duper wow presentations in the flyers and sites etc and come to the place and only see half or none of that .Honestly, I am one of them!
I would prefer a less glossy pre advertisement of an event and then be surprised by an outcome beyond expectation, wouldn`t this be better?

Well there are other happenings on their way this summer, let`s wait and see

Thats my guy!           Don't Fuck With Me!
mozillas

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jul 13, 2005 14:52
Good music bad organizers           Psarades GATZOluomai sta xeria mou exw bafo
Karavanades efyga sta @@ mou sas grafw!
The Spider

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 02:23
Quote:

On 2005-07-13 10:02, griniaris wrote:

So I Am The Eye you were there for once more what can I say, we allways are in the same place, see the same things! May I ask how do you know that Noardos was throwing the water? Very suspicious!

The driver of the truck (Noardos music equipment) was throwing water,where is the strange thing at this one??
Maybe we eat the same stuff and only the two of us seen this things.
Griniari !!! get real
Over 800 ppl show that and over 800 ppl show the toilets full of shit,over 800 ppl walk at night without lights and over 800 ppl buy expensive drinks, Or over 800 ppl take the same stuff and nothing of this realy happend
Just help me with your question please           the last night of trancentrall
www.psynews.net
griniaris
Inactive User

Posted : Jul 14, 2005 09:48
xm! Yeap maybe! And maybe we always go at the same parties and eat the same things and see the same things and every time you see me and I never see you!           Don't Fuck With Me!
AbsolutZero(D.V.M.)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  199
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 10:24
what you eat and you don't give to us too           [b]osobuko/b]
http://www.landmark-recordings.com/absolut_zero.html
http://www.myspace.com/absolutzero_or
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-AbsolutZero/147091981997578
day.din
day.din/xenical

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 14:02
i agree with mahabarata. i know about the difficult situation in greece organising a party and for greece the party was great. you won't get satisfied with this party when you just came from the voov experience and try to compare it but this is definately the wrong way. yiotis, no matter what they say, i liked it very much and you did a great job.
          www.daydin.com
www.myspace.com/daydin
griniaris
Inactive User

Posted : Jul 14, 2005 14:13
If you had agree with mahabarata you won't say good job Yiotis! i guess you don't. We had never compared Voov fest with this one, we just said that this had nothing to do with what they advertised!           Don't Fuck With Me!
sahedelic
Inactive User

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 17:10
Of cource it was a good job, 1000ppl,60euro.
The best arpahti ever           I am everywhere & nowhere
Koumpi Or Mitsubi?????
I'm in love with 2 red eyes.
SKOUDOUFLIS
Inactive User

Posted : Jul 14, 2005 17:19
Last year was good this year..............
Every last year and better           don't play with us.............
smurfs are all over the place,be wear.....
you pussys
lunar

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 15, 2005 18:02
i think that the fest was pretty good!!!
the place was wonderfull and the soundsystem was killer.
my complain is that the organizers must do something about the shadow...
my proposal is to fix a big tend for shadow plesure at the stage
Blaster
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  42
Posted : Sep 18, 2005 19:01
Hello everybody !

Sorry for being late...here some reviews and comments on the festival.

Firstly we would like to thank all the people attended the festival in both days (even if there was a big difference on the number of people on Friday and on Saturday....even if there was not the amount of people expected... ) all our co-operators, assistants and helpers, all the international artsists and djs that performed and the Greek dj power for the great sets again, positive energy and full support at the end...RESPECT. (u know who u are!).

Broadly speaking, the festival was very nice (organization, weather and positive vibes...well not nice vibes from everybody in this forum but stills ok...we're not surprised...). Festival expectations this year was more than 2000 people , according to last year's attendance! Unfortunately, there was not more than a 1000 people , all in all, with a huge guest list as always (even if we tried to keep it small...). For those who wants to know more (and nobody asked before...) we'll say in short way why the whole thing changed from Twilight Zone to European Festival of Electronic Culture. Well even if nobody asked or was interesting, we want to give out some short of information on that issue. Maby some things would be more clear to some minds...in this forum...afterall..

All started on December 2004 when we got the message from the Mayor of the municipality of Petritsi that we need to change the style of the festival in order to continue properly the next years (the reason was because of the arrests and very bad local tv advertsment in last year's festival)...so we forced and we changed the name and the whole concept and philosophy of Twilight Zone festival so we still have a healthy collaboration with the Mayor and maby we (well better to say the party people...) get a better treatment from the police...and that is what happened...not even a single problem with them even if they came so many times and they blocked some parts of the road...but still no problems...we send the message...they got it all alright...and we mean ALL ...both the police and the party people... And that's the first issue.

Back to the subject again...After putting the concept to a different level (and at the same time to a "very" different budget level...), we had the idea to book for the first day some very important electronic artists (not trance) in the worldwide music scene so to present a very quality line up not only for the trance heads...but likely for every electronic culture lover. ...and also to give the opportunity to the trance crowd to listen something different and interesting (well interesting in our humble opinion...not interesting to the most of the trance-people as approved...:-() And we did it...Karl Bartos from the legendary Kraftwerk band, our own Mikael Delta and the electronic band of Giannis Agelakas Alzheimer Beat was there and performed the first day ! Merv Pepler from Eat Static was the link to connect musically the 2 days so he scheduled to finish the first day with a 4 hour special dj set. Unfortunately dew to Londons AlKaida bombing on Tuesday (7th July) he missed his scheduled flight and couldnt make it to Greece. All the other artists was there and performed normally.

First day's line up which was very extra expensive and the small amount of people, led us unluckily, to a bad financial result loosing a big amount of money, staying at the same time a lot below budgets final break event point, thing that it is quite disastrous for the organisation!....The ticket price was normal for this kind of festival...having the pre sale opportunity again...(and we really don't want to compare our festival with other Greek movements...its pointless...!)..... that's the info for the "bad" comments on this forum...

The situation on Saturday morning with Tolis replacing Merv Pepler on the decks was very bad indeed! 10 mins before closing his set in the morning he was being attacked from a very stoned "big" guy...for nothing...unfortunately security was too late to stop that. Even Tolis, his friend Vasilis and Arash Atman that faced this unpleasant situation and got even punches (!!!), next day where there and continue to work on the stage, having a good time with the artists and play their sets with positive energy....and THAT WE CALL EXTRA FACKING RESPECTFULL !

Now some comments on some other facts :

Camping : We informed everybody that the festival location was not camping. That's why the 2 days duration. There were suggested spots for the tents with or with not so much shadow for all the people attended the event.

Water : 4 water faucets, for free water supply placed at the location from us ! Plus one shower as been asked from last year's Twilight Zone.

Toilets : 10 chemical WC. Cleaned regularly...I used them personally a lot of times. Don't expect that they are clean and shining all the time...its toilets and are getting dirty....that's why they are cleaned after all....and of course its not possible to expect the luxurious toilet facilities in an open air festival as in your sweet home...I was in VOOV in 2001. 20-25 toilets for almost 20.000 people (one of the biggest voov's ever happened !) ...you couldn't even approach to the toilets in 5 meters....everybody was shiting outside.......bad joke huh ? ...sad but true....well again if you want to have the same toilet facilities as in your sweet home...then we suggest you to stay home and watch MTV instead of having that bad facking toilet experience in an open air festival...

Decoration : As been asked : Minimal...maby last year was better to someone but that depends on the taste...right ? Check the photos and please tell us again your opinion about the settings. Thanx.

Chaishop : Last minute cancellation. Sorry for that. Would be times better if there was one...we wanted it also very very much ! But not everything is in our hands and in our control eventually...

Well if you want to have a better eye on what happened and what was the vibe like, please check the official photos of the festival at : http://www.digitaleurofestival.com

We thank you all again and we wish that you had the best experience in the other festivals that took place this summer in our beautiful country or abroad.

Blaster
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  42
Posted : Sep 18, 2005 19:30
We would like to thank the following for their great support, love and care ! Nothing would probably have happened without you.

GOD and our families, all our crew, co-operators and supporters around Greece !
The Mayor of municipality of Petritsi and all co-ordinators from the local cultural movement, Geniki Gramateia Neas Genias, Ministry of culture, NEPOS from Serres and UNESCO movement. Our supporters around Greece : Kreon & the Camoflash crew, Chris & Experience Group, Psy-Opt (Alkis & Maria), Katerina, Dimitris Muhteros and George from Serres. Knot, Vaios and Philip & all Technognosia crew from Alexandrupolis,. Kostas & all Sub Code crew in Patra, Hristos in Ethnic shop, Sotiris @ Splash records and Rockcity in Kavala. All Drama's connection : Manolis, Chris ex-delgron, Kojaq, Kostas, Stavros aka and Stavrakis. Alex Kunavos in Xanthi, George and Druid Amanita in Larissa, Tasos (Notrea) in Kozani and Serres, Nikos & Plasmatica Group, Igneous Chris @ Headstick recordings, Marios & Zoi @ Free Frequency team, Polyester Corespun (for the nice review on isratrance, even if we've never met before ), Malvina at the North, Ioanna for last years excellent chaishop tent, Sakis Vergos our photographer and exhibition manager, Anestis & Helen, Ben & Cathy @ psiconlab visual laboratory for the great visual work in both festivals, Mike lamar, Adonis, Maria, George, Chris & Baris of BOTN decoration team for the great work in both festivals & Filip, NOARDOS sound & Light for the excellent sound, lights and stage set up in both festivals, Tolis Q@ U.T.W.T. for the great stage managment in both festivals and Arash Atman, Haris Papadimitriu @ Freeze mgzn & IT record shop, George & Discobole, Alex & Radical Soundz in Athens, all Metropolis & Patsis record shops and Ticket House's in Athens and Thessaloniki, Digital Media for the unbelievable web design and net development, Kiriakos Tsene, Dimitris Katsikas and DK MUSIC, LBM, Marianna Pagalos, Panagiots S, Stelios and his "snake", Dj Moonsun, Kostas, Apostolis and all our friends in Rastavibe festival, Efthimis & Hara@ E-Ternal Motion, Velis&Spiros@ Underground, Pakis @Lotus, Avril@ Noise, Aneta@ Ticket House, Mike&Mike@ SDF & Oktava Records, Nikos Liatsikas & Liquid Love, Dinos, Doc, Sparky, Jizs@ & all Skopje connection, Alkan Ruller, Themis - IXÙÑ (The best downtempo live performer in Greece !), Stratos@ Candyflip and Nikos Andromeda, Raman@ KENO DIKTIO (Athens) and Hypnotictime from Spain, Mikael Delta, Giannis Agelakas & Alzheimer Beat Band.

All the international artists we've worked over the years : Our beloved friends from G+, Marcus Maichel, Jan Muller & Ariel, Xavier Morel, Frank E, Tomasz Atmos, James Monro, Genetic Spin, Dado, Tristan, Stephane@ Bamboo Forest, Eskimo, Protoculture, Tim Sensient, Deniz Day.Din, Merv Pepeler of Eat Static (even if he didn't manage to come...) & Mr Karl Bartos from the legendary Kraftwerk band.
For the great high class hospitality we want to thank : Mr Giannis Reklos @ Oikoperiigitis, Viglatoras, Panorama & Zeidoron hotels & Pansions.

For the massive media support we would like to thank : Freeze mgzn, Sonik magazine (Athens), Spoudazw, Biscotto, IQ, 18-24, Libre (Thessaloniki), the newspapers : Makedonia, Thessaloniki and Sport tu Vora. Metamagazino & Typos (Serres), All radio support : Safari Fm, ET3, fm 100, Extra radio (Thessaloniki), Noize radio, Rodon Fm (Serres), Fresh radio (Larisa), DIKTIO TV (Serres) & TV 100 (Thessaloniki). All web sites that supported us : http://www.djsets.gr, http://www.globalvibe.net, http://www.avopolis.gr, http://www.technognosia.com, http://www.atraktos.net, http://www.psychedelic.gr, http://www.psiconlab.co.uk

Our artist managers : Stella&Vagelis, Elsa& Stelios, our security team for the best attitude ever, all pre-sale spots around Greece, Traianos & Marios for the unexpected electricity assistance (double thanx!), Peri for general helping, the 2 TEO's, Anastasia for the great gallop research in Twilight Zone 2004, Giannis, Hara, Eliza, Maria & Katerina for the massive street promotion, all the great artists involved in the art exhibition from all over Greece, all our sponsors, http://www.beachbar.gr and Papiotis Art College, OTENET for blocking our mobiles so many times during and after the festival (...next time we'll do it on walky talky.. ), all those that we forgot (you are not forgotten in our hearts !) and last but not least all of you that came and honored us once again !

We THANK you ALL, AGAIN !

PEACE & RESPECT !

The crew

Polyester Corespun

Posted : Sep 21, 2005 12:07
Better late than never than never, Blaster
What a huge thanx list!!
Good luck with everything you do in the future, I hope you will use your experience for next efforts.
Nice pics on the site
Trance Forum » » Forum  Greece - European Festival of Electronic Culture and Digital Art / 8th & 9th July 2005 / Mandraki - Serre
← Prev Page
5 6 7 8 9 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance