Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Greece - European Festival of Electronic Culture and Digital Art / 8th & 9th July 2005 / Mandraki - Serre
← Prev Page
5 6 7 8 9 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

European Festival of Electronic Culture and Digital Art / 8th & 9th July 2005 / Mandraki - Serre

Alkan Ruller

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 1, 2005 21:40
Hi to all !
Summer is getting hotter and tempting and we are all looking for some close contact with nature
Yessss just one week left till Mandraki....get yourselves prepared for 2 days and nights of mental-visual-acoustic freedom
Big bravo to the organizers 'cause evrything flows ok up to now and ppl have embraced the event with positive attitude

Wish to all guys and dolls a special time over there,I'm going back now to my trippin within the soundwaves just to prepare a killer set for all of us

Greetings,
Alkan Ruller (Psy-Opt)
sahedelic
Inactive User

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jul 4, 2005 15:50
Can we have the line up plz???           I am everywhere & nowhere
Koumpi Or Mitsubi?????
I'm in love with 2 red eyes.
Blaster
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  42
Posted : Jul 4, 2005 19:37
Line up for each day will be known on the location only !

Friday festival opens at 10.00 in the morning.
Starts at 21.00

Saturday starts with downtempo daytime set at 14.00
Official line programm starts at 17.00 till 17.00 Sunday (24 hrs non stop) !

Be aware !

Cy ya there !
tim@motion

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jul 4, 2005 20:48
ALL THE BEST

Have fun, sun, and smiles. The summer is opening with this festival.
          don't fuck with me
acidonacid
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Jul 6, 2005 14:59
Somebody tell me just now about after party in the same place.
Can you confirmed?

Open your mind...
Moonsun
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Jul 6, 2005 16:21
2 days left, and 1 big festival with great names in greece , bravo guys great promotion ,it will rip this year , good luck you have my support ,
timsensient
Sensient

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Jul 7, 2005 15:43
oooh yeh i cant wait for this hot summer doofin action in greece!! i prepared a special set just for this party...cya soon
Polyester Corespun

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 12, 2005 05:52
Let’s refresh this topic by adding our comments so that people who did not attend this event can have a good picture as well.

I hope most of you will enjoy this reading though I know how boring can long posts be sometimes. Well I may sound a bit serious but since I’m rather a frequent reader than writer in the forum and I don’t often see a detailed good-hearted critic after the parties, I dare take this dangerous step and cover the story.

First of all I must say that I’m happy that an open-air festival happened close to my home place and was glad to see visitors from various parts of Greece and outside of it. Whether satisfied or not from the event I just hope they had the time to enjoy the calmness of the lake, the landscape, the surroundings and, why not, the variety of little flying creatures and bugs (some of them were huge uh?), also there was a warning about snakes all around but I guess they were annoyed by the heavy sound and decided to stay out of our tents!!

Deeply to the point now but I will avoid making comments about the quality of the music presented because this is a matter of individual taste and attitude.

Indeed the majority of goers joined the event during Saturday and this is logical. Friday was interesting because of the diversity of sounds heard and maybe this is the exact reason why, I would say, it lacked some coherence and binding at least on the surface. Every artist had naturally something different to say and it was ok since people who went there for the music knew well what they were going to listen. There was a disappointment about Eat Static not showing up and a good bunch of crowd were eager to listen to him, I don’t really know what happened, maybe it was due to the latest troubles in London. All other guests were there. As for the super legend Carl Bartos I think he stood up to the occasion as much as possible facing an audience of mainly trancers and psychedelics, I will AGAIN say that whoever paid that ticket was hopefully aware of the styles to be performed by every artist.

Saturday and Sunday were surely more trancy and the line up was held nearly as scheduled, opening with chill and ambient sounds into the hot air. Something I never understood was why almost the whole of Saturday morning was completely void of music!!! Absolute silence from about 10:00 until about 3:00 in the afternoon!

Most of the artists, greeks and foreigners kept a cool contact with their supporters dancing in front of them but I have the slight impression that some live acts were not so live after all (we’re kinda used to this phenomenon by now).
Tolis Q and Kreon each played twice during the event and apart from their satisfying performances I have to mention that they played almost exactly the same tracks in each set of theirs!!! (I don’t mean they played the same tracks with each other of course). This is not a very pleasant situation, actually those newest Yotopia and Xibalba tracks were heard two or three times within about 12 hours! Simply unforgivable. I would call this the `I must play the most recent and fresh possible tracks no matter what` syndrome!

And some different comments: great absence of any market-shop, usually open-airs have those market spots that sell some pretty cool stuff (clothes, jewelery, accessories, rolling papers etc) and even if you don’t want to buy anything you still make a stroll around, and after all, those spots add a little something in the atmosphere with their lights and candles and fluo things, especially during nighttime. There wasn’t even a chaishop (while last year there was one) which I think is a must for such occasions!

Strong positive point that there was plenty of free water to drink and to wash up, the prices at the bar and canteen were as high as usual in such events that’s why people bring their own booze or some food and everything is ok.

There was an exhibition of some nice paintings, photos and interesting artistic material and many people hanged around there (gossip info : Marcus was the only one from foreign guests who visited the exhibition area!). Maybe there should be a such place in every festival, nice chance to see something different, take a break, discuss a bit about art or even get stuck for several minutes in front of that picture trying to figure out what is in it!! That’s interesting too!

Sound system was ok with no particular problems although JBLs are not my favourite.
About that `new technologies, multimedia implementations` as quoted on the flyer, I know nothing cause I saw nothing. I also know nothing certain about the amount of attendants and I’m not good at calculations! I saw no cops inside the fest and if they were there they were discrete and caused no trouble, outside the fest I heard that they were searching the people and their cars and personal things BUT nothing serious happened cause it would have been spread around in a flash. And I guess this thing must have cost the promoters a great time of effort to secure an undisturbed event, since I know that the local authorities and cops are hard pigs and not easy to negotiate with.

So yes there were some good points and some not good points about this festival. My personal experience from what has been going on in Greece during the last couple of years does not force me to conclude that it was an `arpaxti`. I really sense that the promoters took a very serious effort in managing things as much as possible and only the future can be the greatest judge of all.

Thank you for reading all this, plz don’t shoot the author- I’m on nobody’s side, I got my own eyes and ears and feelings !!!

Have a nice rest of the summer

XrTC

Posted : Jul 12, 2005 15:01
nice review, i almost feel like i was there!           .
Respect is earned, not demanded...
http://www.myspace.com/xrtcmusic
griniaris
Inactive User

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jul 12, 2005 17:00
Ok Polyester since you like it here better and not on the other topic lets do it. I agree in some things with you but you did not said it all. When we first arrived on friday, there were security who did not let us go through because they said there was not enough space ( what did they mean by that what I saw was 1000 ppl the most and empty roads everywhere ) they said we must park our car about 2 klm before the fest and that means I should carry my tent and my refrig. and my clothes unless they thought that only goates without shoes will go to their fest to sleep up to the trees!

I am not one of them. When we passed the gates what I saw was nothing, no lights so I couldn't see my nose! We went blind when finally found something like trees or whatever and we put our tend. Then because of the heat I wanted to find the place with the free water as they said and the lake! Well the lake was 15 minutes by car far away from the fest! And the free water was a shower were I couldn't see it until it was morning!

On the stage on friday I do not know who was the guy who was playing but it was something like techno-burning-decadence-shit! I went to sleep. Second day I woke up and I wanted to go to the toilet, and I found them 5 of them I think and full of shit! I left and I enjoyed the nature(sorry nature).

Now the stage! No deco at the stage! Just a few things! This is not BOTN I know them and they do much things off course if someone pays them! The weather was great 40 degrees the sun in our heads and no tent at all! Chai shop I said to my self it would be nice but I never found it! Free water they said, off course it was free auto mas eleipe na plirwsoume gia ti pigi tou vounou! Jesus!

There were garbadge all over the place not even one single litter bin! Bottles all over and pappers and God knows what else and they said to their site to love the nature!! Look who's talking to! 3 euros the small beer!!!!!!???????? No ice on the bar????!!!! No one to throw some water on the stage????????!!! You should have said on your site EAT MY DUST!!!!!

And what a great catering you got there GREEK KANTINA its called it not catering!!! No cigarettes at all! I almost smoke my fingers! Oh and the best of all was the f...ing show when this big guy kicked some asses like Tolis Q ass and 3 more guys who went to help Toli Q! The security came when everything stopped! Good for you guys later than never is better! Anyway that's all I remember for now!!! Polyester you are right mate this is not arpaxth this is tsirkolo!!!!!!
          Don't Fuck With Me!
Polyester Corespun

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 12, 2005 19:17
Goooooooood heavens griniari! Nice to meet you too! No one gets out of your teeth in here:-)
I wouldn’t even think about meaningless arguing with you about this (one into many) festival, my friend.

Because it’s ALL a matter of seeing-feeling-interpreting-ranking things differently. I’m sure it’s easy for everyone to understand what were my intentions and mood when I wrote my previous post and what were accordingly yours, although much of what you say is true too. No doubt, characters and points of view must vary.

And a couple of personal remarks if you mind:

I was only a simple visitor there just like you. I’m trully sorry you had such a bad time there and I wish all your future event goings will be a much greater fun! Maybe if we had the chance to meet each other during the event we would make a good company and enjoy the staying . Who knows, maybe after all you would have some good memories on your way back home so your mind wouldn’t be so stuck into the negativity you express in your post.

Lol griniari I DO NOT own the festival’s site, I AM NOT the bar keeper nor the canteen owner, and I’m definitely not part of the organization team. I don’t belong to anyone’s camp in this forum, I go wherever I please and (surprise surprise!!) I always find something good to say about life. Good grace I have enjoyed plenty outdoor events that sucked. I’m glad I can enjoy pure wild nature wherever I find it ,(be it in festivals in the middle of nowhere) with all the lack of facilities and with all the dust, and boiling sun, and kilometers of walking in thirst and even staying ugly for a couple of days . I would never blame any promoters or anyone for not offering the things you find into a club or a luxurious hotel and I usually have no regrets about money I spend after I've spent it. I hate garbage so I take care not to produce many of it and whenever I do some free camping I always have some garbage bags with me cause my sense of not polluting is innate in me.

So many more I could write dear griniaris and we could both go like this on and on.
For what????

Peace
XrTC

Posted : Jul 12, 2005 19:42
lol are you sure you guys went to the same festival?           .
Respect is earned, not demanded...
http://www.myspace.com/xrtcmusic
cyberelf

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 12, 2005 21:18
Quote:

On 2005-07-12 19:42, XrTC wrote:
lol are you sure you guys went to the same festival?

Hello "XrTC" !

Yep you have right about your question! BUT from their posted statements show that BOTH were in that event { I was,also }

I agree with all their post from the positive point of view of "Polyester Corespun" and the other more real to life practical things of "griniaris" .

As a conclusion from what I had experienced in that last event and from the above all respected personal opinions of the festival were a mixture of memories and susceptibilities/emotions. Some Personal remarks; Positive : Music ( Kreon, Tolis Q etc. ), Place with View ( Some minutes far away from the stage up to the hill near a small artificial lake), Trees Shades ( Last day I found the most relaxed shade under a tree ) and some other I dont remember,right now. Negative, some of them allready mentioned, Security (People at the entrance was seemed so much professional and easy to talk with them NOT like other events that are so aggressive with the attendants of the festival BUT I WAS UNHAPPY that they dont let me in with my car , as I noticed some other also they didnt come in! I firstly went inside to check and was full of space!! ) Chaishop ( It was pity not to find ), Toilets ( NOT functioned just exist there with a lot of waste..), Decoration ( It was almost the same with the previews years event, but not exactly ), etc. allready the above people mentioned.

I hope next event and every festival will leave me more fullfil with much ENERGY till next festival ...
The Spider

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 13, 2005 02:15
So the festival wasn't festival,was like a simple party or like 2 partys.
One party with techno music at Friday and one party with progressive and psychedelic trance at saturday.
No catering,No chaishop,No lights at the area,expensive drinks and food.
Noardos(the sound owner) was throwing water on the stage area,the party organizers didn't care about that.
As Griniaris say before wasn't only arpaxti,was tsirkolo parallel.

About the music,Kreon,Tolis Q,Absolut Zero,Eskimo,Dado,Protoculture and Tristan was the best for me.
60 euros are to much for 4 guests and 3 locals.

As about the fight,what can i say,where was the security??Just one guy and he was stand there and watching.

Camping area we've plant inside the bushes like the wild boars.

Quote:

Griniaris says:
Second day I woke up and I wanted to go to the toilet, and I found them 5 of them I think and full of shit! I left and I enjoyed the nature(sorry nature).

I've done the same
Festival with 5 toilets ?? Jesus
Ok last year at Paranesti there was only 3 for 1000 ppl .

All the promoters are the same,we are the gawks.

Anyway,hope Sonica it'll be better from this one.

the last night of trancentrall
www.psynews.net
mahabarata

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 13, 2005 09:18
Polyester...let me ask you something....You are going in a hotel, it is not what it was presented in the brochure yu've seen and you do not blame the owner or the advertiser?You blame yourself????
Cause this is what you say.....
The music was cool and the artists most of them were great, the place as far as it concerns the views was nice....for all the rest I agree with griniaris,cyberelf and I am the Eye.....Nobody said is an easy thing to make a fest...If you cannot respect yourselves DON'T do it....
Trance Forum » » Forum  Greece - European Festival of Electronic Culture and Digital Art / 8th & 9th July 2005 / Mandraki - Serre
← Prev Page
5 6 7 8 9 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance