Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - ECLIPSE 2007: SUMMER ELECTRONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL: JULY 27-28-29-30 IN QUEBEC
← Prev Page
6 7 8 9 10 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

ECLIPSE 2007: SUMMER ELECTRONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL: JULY 27-28-29-30 IN QUEBEC

splinter
Splinter / Kode Six

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Jul 26, 2007 15:58
yah man je parle francais but i also speakk zee english and I AM Quebecois.

Honestly 90% of quebekers speak english           SPLINTER
vector_0
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jul 27, 2007 01:43
Quote:

On 2007-07-26 09:17, NeuroNympho wrote:
:: le sigh:: I've been brushing up on my french for the past couple of weeks and it's totally hopeless Can't wait to dance with you guys again in the wonderful Canadian country side, unfortunately I will not be able to communicate with you. Bon chance Tech Safari, I'm sure you'll deliver another unforgettable year !!!!!

they're all just messing with you because you're tripping. lol

But yeah, my first party in Quebec, i kept asking people "Do you speak english" and they'd just give me a confused look and say "uhhh, yeah"

Bonnita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jul 27, 2007 03:44
hahaha! this weekend is going to be insane!!!! I cant wait to be on that crazy dancefloor looking at felix's art, you guys are gonna trip out so hard when u see it in person....my favorite artist for sure!! this eclipse is gonna be so extra special!
DJ Shankar
Aerodrömme

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jul 27, 2007 06:15
Due to last minute issues, I will have to miss the festival this year I hope everyone has lots of fun~~!! Party like no tommorow this year!           Aerodrömme (http://www.myspace.com/aerodromme)
Tribal Vision Records (www.tribalvision.cz)
Shakti Collective (www.shakticollective.com)
splinter
Splinter / Kode Six

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Jul 31, 2007 19:04
killer festi guys,congrats           SPLINTER
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Jul 31, 2007 21:47
Here's my review (plus a few dozen photos):
http://www.ektoplazm.com/blog/experiences/eclipse-festival-2007-post-meta/
dj_horizon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Aug 1, 2007 01:40
Big thanks to the Tech Safari!!!! special thanks to erik, yan, dom, cafrine and the rest of the production crew for a killer eclipse 2007! Lots of variation of amazing deco, lasers, music styles etc. You can never predict the weather but non-the less it was wicked!! The soundsystem was crystal clear and the party people were giving good vibes. All the best!

Greg           www.twenty4seven.cc
Lexicon

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 1, 2007 03:27

All I can say is WOW!!
This was easily my favourite Eclipse Festival. The land was wonderful, the art work incredible and what a massive stage and sound system. Sumkidz did a great job with the chill area...wonderful atmosphere. It was wonderful partying with all my friends this year...haven't danced so much in ages. What beautiful land too...I know lots of people loved last year's land but this was a pretty great replacement.

Musically I thought this was such a strong year. I even liked the full on, which i usually am skeptical about. I caught half of Kox Box's DJ set and it was just great energetic music. Protoculture was awesome in the morning too! Loved DJ Mini, FM Radio Gods, and Tegma's live set. I unfortunately fell asleep and missed Sunday night but I heard great things about the night. The two best sets for me were James Monro and Jeremy R (aka Yeb, aka Cockwolfe ).

Anyways, here are some of my pictures....you don't need facebook to see the link.

http://utoronto.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2232313&l=ca9ce&id=28101260

http://utoronto.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2232373&l=8a912&id=28101260

http://utoronto.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2232403&l=bed45&id=28101260
sentient
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Aug 1, 2007 09:13
Ditto on the WOW!

What a pleasure it was to finally experience an East Coast festival, especially one that I've been wanting to go to for years now (next on the list will be Gaian Mind ) The location was gorgeous, the art and stage setup were beyond belief, and the sound was fucking amazing. Hats off to the hard work of the organizers and crew, as well as the folks who owned the land for letting it take place. And big ups to the people manning the restaurant and bar. The beer never stopped flowing, and the cheeseburgers saved our (me and Nate's, to be specific) lives.

And it was a sincere pleasure to be able to play with such a stellar lineup. The music was wonderful the entire festival, I don't think I heard one bad set at all. It was also fun to see Frank E, James, Eli and Nate again. This festival traveling thingy has given me the added gift of making some really good friends who also inspire me musically.

Friday was definitely more on the harder side, but got me dancing up a storm. Highlights were seeing DJ Horizon and KodeSix blow the dance floor apart. Tegma was inCREDible. Their live set and following DJ set made me grin non-stop.

Saturday was absolute madness. The incessant rainstorm did nothing to deter the dancers from churning up the front half of the dance floor into a foot-thick mudpit full of happy freaks. Though I didn't venture into it (sometimes having an artist pass really pays off if you're not into mud, lol), it was great to see everyone having a blast despite the weather.

What I caught of Yann's set was really wicked, perfect nighttime music. Koxbox was great and Frank E's DJ set was even better. Pixel blew me away. By far the best live set I've heard him play, much more interesting and mind-melding than his set at Symbiosis last year. And then Protoculture stepped up and delivered a set that was equal in energy and intensity to the one he did on New Year's Day at Universo Paralello. He had everyone screaming, and his DJ set took me to a world of amazing production and pure dancing joy. The 2CB and Patron helped a bit too, hehe! Also, James Munroe delivered one of the best, if not THE best, progressive, stomping, blasting sets I've ever heard. A true master, and he was having a blast the entire time too. Hats off!

After the crazy mud frenzy me and Nate got some sleep, then he had to catch a plane at 10pm. I was really happy to see how many hardcore trancers stayed through the night and into Monday morning. Work, shmurk! At least a full 1/3 of the 2000-2500 people who attended the festival stayed on to dance into the early afternoon of monday. Rickam rocked, Pixel played another stellar set (except for the dreaded Wrecked Machines' Depeche Mode rmx... shudder!... seriously Eli, come on now! heheh) I had a blast, definitely one of the most fun sets I've had in a while, great energy and feedback from the crowd.

So now that it's over, it seems like it was an incredible dream, but the kind that stays with you forever. Thanks again to Tech Safari and all the wonderful people, Canadian and others, that I had the pleasure to meet and dance with.

Brian Petterson
DJ Sentient - (Alchemy Records) California
Email: soundofmind@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/djsentient

"Watching television is like taking black spraypaint to your third eye." - Bill Hicks
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 1, 2007 17:15
This festival was off tha hook!

One of the most liberatin moments was when i stomped in ankle high mud in pouring rain for koxbox! Four hours of Frank E followed by Pixel and Protoculture... nutz!

I loved the crowd and the location, very mystical in the mornin and stellar in the night. The tents pretty much covered anythin u might need.. and i mean everythin! hehhehe, so techsafari did their job nicely.
Security was low key as someone else mentioned and thats usually the best way to use them.

Cept for 'Crazy stumbling guy/Karate dude' and ' The Hulk/Mud man' wasn't too much that could tear u away from the centre and the psychedelic sounds. I feel sorry for that girl who 'mud man' just tackled outta nowhere. Until security led this chap away he became quite the trip killa..sad!

Highlights were definitely KoxBox, Proto and Monroe..and on the chill stage no doubt it was Single Systems and the set by Andrew and Will blew me away.

We drove for 15 hrs from Michigan and after settin up tent it was stompmania till we left, so should speak volumes of the energy of the location and the festival.
i believe i speak for a whole bunch of people but that little lake was just about the best thing there was. Perfect after goin crazy in the mud! finishin with a nice dip in the cool cool waters and the food tents served brilliant breakfast as well as some hearty burgers and pizza.

All in all, one of the best times i've had... and it was a great pleasure meetin all these wonderful people. You know who u are

p.s got some sick sick! videos and pictures..will put them up soon. PEACE! Does anybody have any of theose videos and pictures from the main stage??
          ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 1, 2007 17:17
Quote:

On 2007-07-26 15:58, splinter wrote:
yah man je parle francais but i also speakk zee english and I AM Quebecois.

Honestly 90% of quebekers speak english

je m'appelle ishaan, je ne parle francais mais j'etaime belle fille?

..about all i learnt fore comin there..           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
Bonnita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Aug 2, 2007 23:51
Ok its been a couple days now, I cant get over the fact that there was a festival like that in North Amercia!! Im SOOOO happy and proud of my friends, damn it that was the most pimped out party ive ever been to, everything about it was SO amazing, If anyone in North America has not been to this festival, I definetley recommed it, its gotta be the biggest craziest trance party around. felt like I was in some other country. i think every single small detail of the weekend was so perfect in my opinion, definetley made my summer, I think this is the begining of a much bigger beautiful trance scene in north america, that was the feeling of so many people last weekend, it felt like we entered a whole new level. check out pictures here. http://www.rave.ca/?s=photos_event&e=14326&p=1

and p.s that was the best deco ive EVER seen!! the mosty ultimate!!!!!
NeuroNympho
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Aug 4, 2007 08:42
Took me a while to post but I was still getting over what a truly amazing weekend that was. I am still having the most awesome dreams about being back at the festival.
There was something really special about this year over the last. The location? the full moon? another celestial occurance? what ever it was it felt great to have experienced it. In my opinion, the music was a step up over last year. A bit too much electro for my liking but the full-on artist had me dancing SO hard, I think my leg soreness has only just gone away...not to mention gaining a nice color and losing a pant size

Some of the highlights for me was the constant flow of food and booze, the lake, the chill area with it's awesome special snax, the sprinklers near the main stage, meeting many english speakers, Tegma, Protoculture, Koxbox, Pixel, Stephan and Rickam but please, I BEG OF YOU, no more 80's pop trance remixes! Poor Ben tried to bury his head in the mudd when he heard a Bon Jovi trance mix. LOL!

Thanks for another unforgettable year!!!! I definately need to visit the QC more often. You guys are awesome

Pix:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10933304@N07/sets/72157601206070333/
eringulesen

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 6, 2007 14:12
Amazing festival, fantastic times, superb people. Thanks SafariTech for such a great event and unforgettable memories. I'll be back           gulesenuzun@yahoo.com
eringulesen@gmail.com
www.myspace.com/gulesen
Tegma
Tegma

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Aug 8, 2007 01:31
Thanks to the Tech Safari Crew for this very professional event.
Keep up the good job and hopefully this will turn into a huge festival...
Also thanks to the friendly people who came to the festival.
Hope to come back some time in the future.
Cheers!           Visit our website at: http://www.tegmatekk.com
Latest Liveset:
http://tribalvision.cz/Tegma/music/Tegma_Liveset_2006.mp3
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - ECLIPSE 2007: SUMMER ELECTRONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL: JULY 27-28-29-30 IN QUEBEC
← Prev Page
6 7 8 9 10 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance