Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - ECLIPSE 2007: SUMMER ELECTRONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL: JULY 27-28-29-30 IN QUEBEC
← Prev Page
6 7 8 9 10 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

ECLIPSE 2007: SUMMER ELECTRONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL: JULY 27-28-29-30 IN QUEBEC

TechSafari
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Jul 19, 2007 17:34
infos--------

Tickets at the doors will be 100$ canadian or they are now 85$ canadian!
The festival start friday at 1h00 pm and close monday noon! Don't missed the night of sunday , with the full moon experience !!

The site is located at 45 minutes of Quebec city ( http://www.bonjourquebec.com/ )city and 2 hours from Montreal ( http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/portal/page?_pageid=65,38111&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL )

The international airport is at 2 hours 30 minutes from the site!The meeting point for the bus trip ( Montreal downtown) is located at 30 minutes from the airport.

Available on the site:

Food market
Vegetarians food and BBQ
Alcohol bar ( 18 +)
Kids area
Workshops ( Yoga, Maya workshops, etc)
Stands village
Beach and swimming accross the main floor
Official informations stand and more!
Free camping
Free fresh water
Motorize camping on the site

For infos about stand--- mat@techsafari.ca

Come to join us for a amazing time and for a a magical experience in the mountains of Quebec!

love and light!

Tech Safari team
info@techsafari.ca
http://www.techsafari.ca

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 19, 2007 17:57
bonjour everyone
good luck to the organizers of this one!
ur pre flyer is sooo prettty

protoculture--wowowo...he knocked our soxs of as usual at the alladin fest...so have fun

bisous!!
xoxox
          "END THE OCCUPATION!"

"We cant solve the problems that we created with the same thinking that created them"
Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Jul 19, 2007 20:27
So who else from NYC is planning to go? Anyone want to take the train to Montreal with me on thursday? PM me.
zumba

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 19, 2007 20:39
i have been waiting with my fingers crossed!!!!thinking...contemplating......not knowing....if i'll be there for this awesome event!!!but now....things are looking bright.....seems like we are heading to quebec!!!
ooohhhhh la la la!!!
waiting anxiously.....counting minutes......to dance under the blue sky.....and the starry,starry nights!!!
all the love....the best to tech safari,the djs....all who are involved in this magical event!!!
peace & love.
boom shankar!
Jester Records
Jester Records

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Jul 20, 2007 16:07
Interview with Tegma

First off, I would like to thank you today for accepting to complete this pre-Eclipse Festival interview.

1. Please state your full names.

-Omar Chelly and Jason Orfanidis

2. What are your nationalities?

We are Swedish.

3. How many years have you been working under the project name Tegma??
We started with the Tegma project in the beginning of 2000, so it has been 7 years now. However our first release was in 2001.

5. Where did the name Tegma come from?

One day we were sitting in the reception of a hotel (Omar’s part-time job back then), and we were trying to find a name for our new project. We looked around us a bit and we discovered a first-aid kit which was labeled TEGMA. Somehow we both looked at it simultaneously and said TEGMA!, the rest is history like they say…

6. How many albums have been released under this project name and on what labels?

We have released three albums so far, the first was on Swedish label Digital Structures, second on Greek label Candyflip and the last one was on Czech label Tribal Vision.

7. After owning all three of these albums, I can say that none of them follow the same musical direction nor have you found a “mother label” to work with. Can you explain this a little?

Our idea of an album is that every album should be unique in its own way, thus not repeating the sound you explored on the previous album. For the first album we worked with Digital Structures and the sound of that album has an influence of clubbier sounds, (which was not so common back then, since most producers in the “prog-psy” scene were still producing the so-called minimal cowboy trance
However some disagreements between us and the label made us leave it…
The second album had more influences from psy sounds and older melodic trance influences, our goal was to create an album which would fit between progressive and full-on/psy, something of a middle ground. The co-operation between us and Candyflip was just a one-time deal and we didn’t have any plans to release anything else there…
For the third album we explored an idea which we have had for many years, to make an album with ethnic influences. It’s our biggest project until this day and we put a lot of effort and time into producing this album.
We chose to release it on Tribal Vision, because it’s a label with which we share a lot of common ideas and goals, and we intend to work with this label for the next couple of years…

8. What can we expect in the near future from Tegma? Scheduled releases??
We are now working on the fourth Tegma album, “Lo-Fi Adventures” and the planned release date is around November/December.

9. In the future, which label do you hope to release on.

The new album will be on Tribal Vision, as for other labels we don’t have any plans, but you never know about the future…

10. What was your first release and on what label?

Our first released track was “Doppelganger” and it was released on Danish label Creamcrop.

11. In your career, what track would you consider being your “biggest hit” and why??
Probably it was X-Calibur, as it was one of the most played tracks in 2001 and everybody knew about the track even if they weren’t familiar with Tegma…
12. Who made the best remix for one of your tracks ?

There hasn’t been so many remixes of our tracks but a favorite would be the recent remix of Spooked by Beauty and The Beat featuring Nuke.

13. If you were to play at any party in the world, which one would it be and why?
There are two major parties that we haven’t played at yet and those are Rainbow Serpent in Australia and Universo Parallelo in Brazil, we would love to play at both of them since they are located in very exotic and beautiful locations.

14. Do you have any side projects besides Tegma?

We used to have a project named Homer & Lazon , and it was a more club orientated project. However we unfortunately never had enough time to work on this project as we have other things going on in our life besides music…

15. Is it hard to make music since you are two brains and not one? are there ever any conflicts between you both in the studio? How do you guys work?
We work together as a team, and of course there are some conflicts every now and then, so sometime we have to compromise to reach an agreement.
For us it’s better because it’s always good to hear another person’s opinion and also combine two different musical tastes.

16. What does your studio consist of and where is it located?

It is located in Malmoe (where we both live), it’s located in an industrial area close to the harbour, so we can work undisturbed without any distractions around us.
We don’t have too much equipment, we have a pair of Dynaudio Active Monitors, a PC running Cubase SX with a bunch of VST synths and plugins, a Fostex Digital Mixer and two synthesizers; Novation Nova and a Korg Micro.
We also have the equipment we use for the liveset and that consists of:
Two laptops; A Macbook and a Macbook Pro, two midicontrollers, Echo Firewire Audio Cards and both laptops are running Ableton Live.

17. With all the other artists you have worked with in the past, which one was your best experience?

We haven’t really collaborated with any other artists in the studio, so unfortunately we have nothing to tell on this subject.

18. Will this be your first time to play at the Eclipse Festival?

Yes this will be our first performance in a North American Festival and we are very much looking forward to it.

19. What can we expect to hear from you at the festival and how long will your performance be?

We will probably play some tracks from the last album since the people in the festival haven’t heard us play these tracks yet, we will probably also put some new tracks from the upcoming album. The liveset will be around 80-90 minutes long…

20.Will you be staying to hear any other artists or do you expect to leave after your set?

We will stay on location a couple of days and most certainly we will listen to some of the artists and dj’s in the festival.

Well guys, many thanks once again for taking the time to complete this with me here today. All the best to you both and I can’t wait to hear your stuff at Eclipse Festival at the end of July in Quebec !!

Thank you for the interview and hope to see you all in the festival soon!

(Interview done by Dj Clown @ Jester Records)
          www.jesterrecords.ca
zumba

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 21, 2007 19:08
hey techsafari!bonjour!!!what about driving directions from toronto......we're trying to figure out the best way......could you please help us with this!!!your help is greatly appreciated.see you all next weekend!
peace & love.
boom shankar!
madmardigan

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jul 21, 2007 22:40
Startin to get excited!
Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 22, 2007 02:14
Hey I bought tickets for the bus bus ride from montreal, I just had a couple questions...
1. Does the friday bus leave at 1 and arrive at 7, or are there buses leaving between the hours of 1 and 7? I wasn't quite clear on that from the website.
2. To get to the Berri and Ontario from the train station I wanna take the Henri-Bourassa metro train from Bonavetnure to Berri-Uqam stop, right? That looks like the best route from the map..
cafrine

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 22, 2007 17:30
Hello,

Can't wait for Eclipse, crazyyy!

For the buses on Friday. There is one bus on leaving on Friday at 1pm and one bus leaving at 7pm. By car, it takes approx. 2h15 to get to the site from Montreal.

You have chosen the best route. Take Bonaventure to Berri-Uquam metro. Take the Berri-Uquam exit at the metro. Go North on Berri street until you cross Ontario (1 street north).

Here is the address for those of you coming from Toronto and would like to look up the directions from where you live:
50, Route Du Radar, Saint-sylvestre, QC G0S

See you soon! Check out the new video in the News section!

Cafrine
Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 23, 2007 02:34
Hey thanks Cafrine!

I have one other question for the Tech Safari people: If I bought my ticket online I just need my confirmation # to get in, right?
TechSafari
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Jul 24, 2007 07:26
SUMZONE FLOOR 2007

FRIDAY:

17h- 19h Chill World Beat KRISTIAN SUNFLOWER
19h- 20h Chill Breaks SIREN
20h-21h Chill Break ZUMBA
22h- 0h Chill jazzy house/break INT BUCKET SURGEON
0h- 2h Rythmic beats MIKE LAMBERT
2h- 4h Tribal world beat 2 ZEN/ASTRAL WAVES
4h-6h Psy chill James MONRO
7h- 9h Psy chill DJ MYTHRIL
9h- 11h Psy chill QUIVERING VIRGIN
11h- 13h Psy chill DJ AQUARIUS
13h- 15h Ambient SINAE YOGA
15h- 16h Ambient CRYSTAL BOWLS
16h- 18h Ambient Dub/ Rythmic ambient MAT THC
18h- 20h Dub breaks KARMA
20h- 22h Dub breaks VIOLET
22h- 0h Break beat ROLAND

SATURDAY:

0h- 2h World fusion NEERAV
2h- 4h Gronk LEX (LOGM)
4h- 6h Dark atmospheric break beat JONAK K
6h- 7h Dark atmospheric dub tech ZUMBA LIVE
7h- 9h Downtempo quirky electronica DJ AIA
9h- 11h Psy Chill SINGLE SYSTEMS
11h- 13h Psy Chill DJ FELIX
13h- 15h World beat downtempo DAVY BOON
15h- 17h World beat downtempo DJ OM SHANTI

SUNDAY line up (FULL MOON)! To be scheduled!

SUMZONE / WORKSHOPS

SATURDAY
11h- 12h Healing your Yoni Naturally (Sumkidz)
13h- 14h Cours d'initiation de Yoga intégral (Claudine Lepage)
14h- 15h Les clés du passage vers la 5ième dimension (Marie-Lune Côté)
16h- 17h Conférence et atelier sur la synchronicité (Jessica Cabello Leclerc)
17h- 18h Énergie alternative (à l'autobus Sumkidz)
18h- 19h Strech, Fall and Flip (Sumkidz)

Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 25, 2007 00:33
So I don't need a physical ticket or anything? Your website says "bring your ticket" but I didnt even give my mailing address when I bought it so I am assuming I actually dont need one. Just wanted to check though
Thanks
PS your schedule has me confused.. Is the beginning of friday actually thursday or is saturday actually sunday?
dj_horizon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jul 26, 2007 03:11
check out the pics of the location, madness!

http://forum.psyfreaks.ca/viewtopic.php?p=83637#83637           www.twenty4seven.cc
NeuroNympho
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jul 26, 2007 09:17
:: le sigh:: I've been brushing up on my french for the past couple of weeks and it's totally hopeless Can't wait to dance with you guys again in the wonderful Canadian country side, unfortunately I will not be able to communicate with you. Bon chance Tech Safari, I'm sure you'll deliver another unforgettable year !!!!!
dj_horizon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jul 26, 2007 15:51
dont worry everyone is pretty much bi-lingual here           www.twenty4seven.cc
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - ECLIPSE 2007: SUMMER ELECTRONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL: JULY 27-28-29-30 IN QUEBEC
← Prev Page
6 7 8 9 10 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance