Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Eclipse 2007: electronic music festival in Canada: july 27-28-29-30
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Eclipse 2007: electronic music festival in Canada: july 27-28-29-30

Hg
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  73
Posted : Jul 9, 2007 02:03
Flyers: http://www.isratrance.com/www/flyers/showflyersdetails.php?f_id=626           cna't find it
ganika
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jul 9, 2007 15:40
greetings from Vancouver * BC ~
big shout out to Montreal * Quebec ~ great to have such a festival in Canada!@!
the line up is amaziiinnng ~
the orgonization is excellent ~
new location at the beach!@! that is awesome ~
the visionary artists for this year are magical ~
all the best to all involved and blessings ~

htt://wwww.triplag.com
www.godizus.net
www.d-a-r-k.net
www.xtreamdimension.net
www.geomagnetic.tv
TechSafari
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Jul 10, 2007 19:19
hey guys,

The official web site of the festival is update: http://www.eclipsefestival.com

Section News --- New amazing video
Section Services -- Parking and camping

See you at Orb festival this weekend!
Peace love unity!

Tech Safari team
info@techsafari.ca
TechSafari
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 10, 2007 19:20
Thanks a lot for your suport Ganika!

Jester Records
Jester Records

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Jul 11, 2007 20:33
Interview with Pixel

First off, I would like to thank you today for accepting to complete this pre-Eclipse Festival interview.

1. Please state your full name.
A: Eli biton Tal .

2. How many years have you been working under the project name Pixel ??
A: around 7 years

3. Why did you choose the name Pixel ?
A: actually , I don’t really know … it just came to me , sounded nice … and there it was

4. How many albums have been released under this project name and on what labels?
A: I released one artists album at 2004 . I also compiled a compilation (think sync – compact rec) with domestic at 2002 … and released single tracks over 30 compilations ..

5. What was your first release and on what label?
A: “Blackin blackout “ – MDMA rec

6. In the future, which label do you hope to release on.
A: Im quite pleased with the labels im working with at the moment , Hommega , spun for trance music I think those are the better labaels to release at .

7. In your career, what track would you consider being your “biggest hit” and why??
A: Hmmm .. its hard to pick just one … “they’re all my sons … “ Wink

8. What can we expect in the near future from Pixel? Scheduled releases??
A: Hopfully , ill finish a new album by the end of this year , tobe release early 2008 …. Other then that , various tracks will be out in compilations … few remixes , collaborations …

9. Who made the best remix for one of your tracks ?
A: Gms remix for “ beats from beyond “

10. If you were to play at any party in the world, which one would it be and why?
A: Brazil I guess … Universo paralello (new years) , simply best party in the world .

11. Do you have any side projects besides Pixel?
A: At the moment , no .

12. With all the other artists you have worked with in the past, which one was your best experience?
A: There are many … Domestic of course was the one who taught me from zero , Gms , wrecked machines , Space cat , psysex - each one of those ppl gave me little piece of knowladge

13. Will this be your first time to play at the Eclipse Festival?
A: Yes , second time in Canada though …

14. What can we expect to hear from you at the festival and how long will your performance be?
A: Ill be playing recent stuff … tracks from the next album … Live set will be 1 hour , + 2 hours djset

15. Will you be staying to hear any other artists or do you expect to leave after your set?
A: Ill be there the all time … I come to party Very Happy

16. How do you feel about the recent turn for Hom-Mega towards a more progressive sound ?
A: I support anything which is changing forms , styles … keeps things more interesting , and challenging .

17. Do you expect to release anything in that style in the near future?
A: I will release a couple in my album … maybe a single on another labels

Well Pixel, many thanks once again for taking the time to complete this with me here today. All the best to Pixel and I can’t wait to hear your stuff at Eclipse Festival at the end of July in Quebec !!

My pleasure man … cheers

(Interview done by Clown @ Jester Records)           www.jesterrecords.ca
TechSafari
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 12, 2007 13:58

Updated: ::: http://www.eclipsefestival.com :::
Check the news section (The new video is online !
Check the services section ( Infos about parking and camping area)
Please, read the rules many times!

Thanks for your support! Less than 2 weeks before the great day!

see you soon !!
peace ,love,unity...
Jester Records
Jester Records

Posted : Jul 13, 2007 02:21
Interview with Metalogic + Jamie Kidd

First off, I would like to thank you today for accepting to complete this pre-Eclipse Festival interview.

1.Please state your full names.
A: Frederik Hatsav and Jamie Kidd

2.How many years have you been working under the project name Metalogic ??
A: Metalogic was conceived in late 2000 by Frederik Hatsav. Michael Lawrence joined in 2002. In late 2006, Jamie Kidd joined the project, instigating an evolution in the Metalogic sound.

3. You have a very distinct style of electronica, how do you classify it??
A: We take influence from and try to incorporate our favorite elements of all electronic music, past and present.

4.What other artists inspired you to produce this specific sound ?
A: That list would go on for pages! Electronically speaking, Extrawelt, Tony Rohr, Surgeon, Richie Hawtin, Atom Heart, The Delta. For Fred, Alex Tolstey was his musical guru for years, influencing him since the beginning. Jamie brings influence and experience from a live music background – having performed and recorded as a bassist in various funk, jazz, and rock bands.

5. When you are not producing music what are you listening too?
A: Outside of electronic music – it’s impossible to list it all – lately, we have both been enjoying one of Mike Patton’s many projects, Peeping Tom.

6.What is your home studio?
A: Well … it has a huge board, a good collection of machines, and it can get hazy – this is no software studio.

7.In your career, what track would you consider being your “biggest hit” and why??
A: A dj favorite has long been ‘Magnetic Influence’ off the debut Metalogic album released by Boshke Beats Records. Most recently, the ‘Atom Eater’ ep from ADDON, a New York based label, has received much support from dj’s we all love. Also check out Fred and Alex’s latest 12”, The Rockitmen - Premier ep has just been released on Japan’s Gemini Recordings, which includes incredible artwork by Inga Burina.

8. In the future, which label do you hope to release on.
A: Good labels of course!

9.What can we expect in the near future from Metalogic? Scheduled releases??
A: Many releases are forth coming, check myspace.com/metalogic for regular updates. (website coming soon)

10.If you were to play at any party in the world, which one would it be and why?
A: Metalogic performed live for the first time in Montreal at “Don’t Try This at Home” by Noerg, so it will always be one of the most exciting places in the world to share our music. We would honestly love to perform anywhere our music would be appreciated for what it is.

11.Do you have any side projects besides Metalogic?
A: Frederik continues to collaborate with Alex Tolstey and Michael Lawrence in ‘The Rockitmen’. Jamie balances between production work with Frederik and a hectic dj’ing schedule.

12.With all the other artists you have worked with in the past, which one was your best experience?
A: One of the best experiences has definitely been the two of us working together the past 10 months. The Rockitmen project for Fred is more like a family.

A: Yes. We are more than happy to be a part of this!

14.What can we expect to hear from you at the festival and how long will your performance be?
A: This will be a live performance of all original well known Metalogic material remixed and blended with improvised effects and overdubs. Our new, driving, minimal sound will be infused with deep psychedelicia, specially arranged for this event.

15. Will you be staying to hear any other artists or do you expect to leave after your set?
A: How could we leave such a beautiful landscape! We look forward to hearing what the other artists bring to this festival and how inspiring the culture will be for those 3 days.

Well Fred, many thanks once again for taking the time to complete this with me here today. All the best to Metalogic and I can’t wait to hear your stuff at Eclipse Festival at the end of July in Quebec !!

(Interview done by Clown @ Jester Records)
          www.jesterrecords.ca
Jester Records
Jester Records

Posted : Jul 17, 2007 02:19
Interview with Protoculture

1. Please state your full name.

Nate Raubenheimer

2. How many years have you been working under the project name Protoculture ??

Since 2001, so about 6 years

3. Why did you choose the name Protoculture ?

It comes from a popular anime show called Robotech that I used to love as a kid (and still do by the way) Protoculture was an alien science, which eventually turns out to be human love and emotion.

4. How many albums have been released under this project name and on what labels?

I’ve done 2 studio albums, a dj compilation, and loads of singles for other compilations. The albums were released on Nano Records, but I’ve also done work for others such as Alchemy, White Label Republic, Gatecrasher, Mind Control, Turbo Trance, Tip, Exposure, Spiral Trax, BNE, and too many others to mention.

5. What was your first release and on what label?

That would be “Super Highway Samurai” on Spiral Trax in 2001

6. In the future, which label do you hope to release on.

I’m currently in the process of changing labels for the third studio album. I felt it would be good to have a change, and Im currently speaking with BNE, although we’ll have to wait and see what happens.

7. In your career, what track would you consider being your “biggest hit” and why??

It’s a toss up between “New Directions” or “Avalon”. I think “new directions” was the track that really put me on the map though…

8. What can we expect in the near future from Protoculture? Scheduled releases??

I’m currently working on the third album, not sure when it will be done though. I’ve also almost completed work on the Atomic Culture album, which features Protoculture and Atomic Pulse. Besides that I’ve got some other interesting collaborations in the pipeline, including some work with Binary Finary which should be very interesting.

9. Who made the best remix for one of your tracks ?

I have’nt ever given out too many tracks for remixing, but I think Atomic Pulse’s remix for “more directions’ was killer, as well as Pop Stream’s Remix for “circadians”.

10. If you were to play at any party in the world, which one would it be and why?

Its gotta be Japan, it’s the one place that Im always excited to visit. There’s such a wealth of interesting culture, cool people, amazing parties, and shops full of geek and tech toys.

11. Do you have any side projects besides Protoculture?

Yeah, Atomic Culture as mentioned before, as well as Sentrafuge, a progressive/electro/minimal/techno/house (whatever you want to call it) project which is currently released on Plastik Park.

12. With all the other artists you have worked with in the past, which one was your best experience?

I really enjoy working with Tamir from Atomic Pulse, we tend to see eye to eye on most stuff in the studio. I also enjoyed working with my good friend Rinkadink, but I think that’s due to the state of mind we were in at the time.

Yes

14. What can we expect to hear from you at the festival and how long will your performance be?

My Live performance is usually between a hour or hour and a half. It’ll be featuring one or two of the new tunes for the new album, some other stuff which was recently been completed for compilation, a massive remix to binary finery’s “1999” and possibly one or two oldies thrown in for good measure.

I like to hang around if possible, usually I like to spend a bit of time at a party before my set. It all depends though, as due to a busy schedule, I’ve gotta be out of Canada on my way to Israel on the 30th.

16. What do you use to make music ?

Primarily a PC running Cubase SX 3, a bunch of plugins, with a Creamware Scope Fusion Platform. Additionally I’ve got some other hardware, including some synths from Waldorf, Novation, Freeform Analogue Technologies, Nord, and Roland, some outboard like fx and extra convertors, a Yamaha O2R mixer, Tc Powercore, and Genelec 8040 Monitors.

17. When you are not making music, what do you listen to ?

Pretty much anything. I love film soundtracks, and Im also quite big on electronica and other interesting yet more chilled out type stuff.

Well Protuculture, many thanks once again for taking the time to complete this with me here today. All the best to Protoculture and I can’t wait to hear your stuff at Eclipse Festival at the end of July in Quebec !!

www.jesterrecords.ca
Jester Records
Jester Records

Posted : Jul 20, 2007 16:07
Interview with Tegma

1. Please state your full names.

-Omar Chelly and Jason Orfanidis

2. What are your nationalities?

We are Swedish.

3. How many years have you been working under the project name Tegma??
We started with the Tegma project in the beginning of 2000, so it has been 7 years now. However our first release was in 2001.

5. Where did the name Tegma come from?

One day we were sitting in the reception of a hotel (Omar’s part-time job back then), and we were trying to find a name for our new project. We looked around us a bit and we discovered a first-aid kit which was labeled TEGMA. Somehow we both looked at it simultaneously and said TEGMA!, the rest is history like they say…

6. How many albums have been released under this project name and on what labels?

We have released three albums so far, the first was on Swedish label Digital Structures, second on Greek label Candyflip and the last one was on Czech label Tribal Vision.

7. After owning all three of these albums, I can say that none of them follow the same musical direction nor have you found a “mother label” to work with. Can you explain this a little?

Our idea of an album is that every album should be unique in its own way, thus not repeating the sound you explored on the previous album. For the first album we worked with Digital Structures and the sound of that album has an influence of clubbier sounds, (which was not so common back then, since most producers in the “prog-psy” scene were still producing the so-called minimal cowboy trance
However some disagreements between us and the label made us leave it…
The second album had more influences from psy sounds and older melodic trance influences, our goal was to create an album which would fit between progressive and full-on/psy, something of a middle ground. The co-operation between us and Candyflip was just a one-time deal and we didn’t have any plans to release anything else there…
For the third album we explored an idea which we have had for many years, to make an album with ethnic influences. It’s our biggest project until this day and we put a lot of effort and time into producing this album.
We chose to release it on Tribal Vision, because it’s a label with which we share a lot of common ideas and goals, and we intend to work with this label for the next couple of years…

8. What can we expect in the near future from Tegma? Scheduled releases??
We are now working on the fourth Tegma album, “Lo-Fi Adventures” and the planned release date is around November/December.

9. In the future, which label do you hope to release on.

The new album will be on Tribal Vision, as for other labels we don’t have any plans, but you never know about the future…

10. What was your first release and on what label?

Our first released track was “Doppelganger” and it was released on Danish label Creamcrop.

11. In your career, what track would you consider being your “biggest hit” and why??
Probably it was X-Calibur, as it was one of the most played tracks in 2001 and everybody knew about the track even if they weren’t familiar with Tegma…
12. Who made the best remix for one of your tracks ?

There hasn’t been so many remixes of our tracks but a favorite would be the recent remix of Spooked by Beauty and The Beat featuring Nuke.

13. If you were to play at any party in the world, which one would it be and why?
There are two major parties that we haven’t played at yet and those are Rainbow Serpent in Australia and Universo Parallelo in Brazil, we would love to play at both of them since they are located in very exotic and beautiful locations.

14. Do you have any side projects besides Tegma?

We used to have a project named Homer & Lazon , and it was a more club orientated project. However we unfortunately never had enough time to work on this project as we have other things going on in our life besides music…

15. Is it hard to make music since you are two brains and not one? are there ever any conflicts between you both in the studio? How do you guys work?
We work together as a team, and of course there are some conflicts every now and then, so sometime we have to compromise to reach an agreement.
For us it’s better because it’s always good to hear another person’s opinion and also combine two different musical tastes.

16. What does your studio consist of and where is it located?

It is located in Malmoe (where we both live), it’s located in an industrial area close to the harbour, so we can work undisturbed without any distractions around us.
We don’t have too much equipment, we have a pair of Dynaudio Active Monitors, a PC running Cubase SX with a bunch of VST synths and plugins, a Fostex Digital Mixer and two synthesizers; Novation Nova and a Korg Micro.
We also have the equipment we use for the liveset and that consists of:
Two laptops; A Macbook and a Macbook Pro, two midicontrollers, Echo Firewire Audio Cards and both laptops are running Ableton Live.

17. With all the other artists you have worked with in the past, which one was your best experience?

We haven’t really collaborated with any other artists in the studio, so unfortunately we have nothing to tell on this subject.

18. Will this be your first time to play at the Eclipse Festival?

Yes this will be our first performance in a North American Festival and we are very much looking forward to it.

19. What can we expect to hear from you at the festival and how long will your performance be?

We will probably play some tracks from the last album since the people in the festival haven’t heard us play these tracks yet, we will probably also put some new tracks from the upcoming album. The liveset will be around 80-90 minutes long…

20.Will you be staying to hear any other artists or do you expect to leave after your set?

We will stay on location a couple of days and most certainly we will listen to some of the artists and dj’s in the festival.

Well guys, many thanks once again for taking the time to complete this with me here today. All the best to you both and I can’t wait to hear your stuff at Eclipse Festival at the end of July in Quebec !!

Thank you for the interview and hope to see you all in the festival soon!

(Interview done by Dj Clown @ Jester Records)
          www.jesterrecords.ca
eringulesen

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 4, 2007 00:54
Eclipse 2007 was amazing! Thanks for organizing such a great event. Well done. Came back to the states with lots of memories and music in my head. I just can't wait for Eclipse 2008!!!

TechSafari
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 17, 2007 03:45
pictures----
http://www.karmajewels.com/SiteMarie/Spectacles/Eclipse2007_web/index.htm

http://www.techsafari.ca
http://www.eclipsefestival.com

ECLIPSE FESTIVAL 2008: JULY 25-26-27-38
http://www.eclipsefestival.com
The Kaa
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Sep 6, 2007 15:38
Glad to see your festival went all good Eric.. sure value as always !! Keep up the high level!           Out Now >> V.A "1001 Flights" (Air Snare recs)

Tribal Vision rec. | Air Snare rec.
Dvj | Producer | Label manager
www.thekaa.com | www.airsnare-records.com | www.tribalvision.cz
Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Sep 14, 2007 16:57
Wow.! Amazing! Great work on the deco.
Looks like a fantastic gathering.

Hope to make it sometime soon.

BOOM!
          www.braindrop.in
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Eclipse 2007: electronic music festival in Canada: july 27-28-29-30
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance