Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Dynamic - Dynamix (Phonokol 2003) - The Ynet review (hebrew link)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Dynamic - Dynamix (Phonokol 2003) - The Ynet review (hebrew link)

full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Jul 14, 2003 05:14
"Do you have time for a pleasant experience?"
If yes, buy this album right now!!!
Respect!
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Chi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jul 14, 2003 22:19
Well, this is plain regular full-on, nothing special on this one. Boring at most times, ridicule at some, cheesy samples...

The only tracks i like are Dynamix, which is the best track on this cd, Marijuana, which varies a lot (only track which varies on this cd) and R2D2, because it has a distorted chanting effect (don't know the name) which i like so much and is well used thorough the track.

The cover sucks, also the sticker.

rating: ** - avoidable
Not worth buying unless your a full-on dj full of cash.

I'll try my luck with Melicia, but i'm not expecting very different...
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Aug 23, 2003 22:47
Dynamic (Shay Almakayes & Ben Avital) deliver their debut album after some very promising tracks like Power Drain. Their style is very energic Full On with frequent brassy muted sounds, warm tones & harmonies which isns’t to displease me.

On Genetic Engineers you’ll encounter ttheir trademarks , i’ve talked previously, plus some little percussions in the rythmic and a very jerky melody line.

Happy Hippies starts with a groovier bassline, lots of fx on sounds ( on these brassy tones), there’s also this fashion a bit over-used nowadays twisted Autotune melody, but globally all works & fit perfectly together.

The main melodic sound of Life Game begins with a ‘throwing up & down’ fx , quite funny. Then comes some melodic riffs quite acid confering this track all his positive agressivity.

Thanks to this track Dj’s On Pills, i know now what was thhe whole meaning of the sample contained in ‘4-7 Days’ from SUN Project coz was trying to understand what the man was saying whitout any succes during many months. So, ‘Dj’s took pills to stay away, can play 4-7 days ‘ is the sample gimmick of this one, the rest is typical Dynamic receipe, some discret percussions on the end.

Dynamix opens up with a muted string melody, later around 3’40 appears a plucked mettalic bass (a not very used sound in psytrance), a subtle tribal atmosphere is also present with percussions in the backbround & some deep men voices samples kinda saying ‘ah’ ‘hey’ ‘oh’.

The intro of Marijuana don’t let a big impress, indeed real thing comes after progressively with a fast groovy bassline. Next is the higly jerky melodic sound which is a cosmic one. 2’10 is the time of the break announcing the musical madness which is growing up : the bass gets deeper & warmer, the melodic sounds are now the usual sharpy & brassy tones stil highly jerked. 5’30 second break, the whole thing get a step forward into density & more nervous.

Alien connection is more kickin’, with a metallic & strident sound in the background, you could notice the man voice sample is the same guy appearing on ‘Power Drain’.

Say Yes, has some little bouncy sounds at first & some Autotune fx. Then the brassy sound as well as an org melody get some echoes and delays on them, later the melodic sound is this turn a bleep, coppled with the brassy one which comes back after in order to deliver a quite short cycling up hypnotic spiral, kinda tornado indeed, from which you’re prisonneer.

R2D2 isn’t so robotic, may be a bit due to a new Autotune fx. A beautifull gloomy & jerky org is used confering more emotion to this production which remains dancefloor of course.

Last one done with Star x, is a succeeded morning attempt with percussions, warm-fluffy tones & cosmic-floating harmonies, a very welcome chill moment for the erars after all the previous Full On stuffs.

Favorites by order :6,10,2,9,8,3,5.

A Must-have for all Full On lovers.

Mark :8,5/10
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Dynamic - Dynamix (Phonokol 2003) - The Ynet review (hebrew link)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance