Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - DVD Geospirit 1 - Virtual Vortex ( Geomagnetic.TV, aug. 2005 )

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

DVD Geospirit 1 - Virtual Vortex ( Geomagnetic.TV, aug. 2005 )

full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Jan 22, 2006 23:16
This is the second psychedelic animation DVD by Geomagnetic.TV, a pioneer label in releasing animated psytrance journeys. The man behind these images is Dr. Spook (Nathan Vogel) who's a worldwide famous VJ,but also a digital video producer, DJ, music producer, teacher of computer animation and works with the creation of 3D interactive games and special effects for movies like this.

It's two different releases: a CD with 11 unreleased tracks (more than 79 minutes of music) and a DVD with more than 60 minutes of psychedelic images and colors, a non-stop voyage produced and mixed by Dr. Spook. The names of the artists involved and their music speaks for itself and I'm sure these images are worth a thousand words.

Cover: The cover was created by Dr. Spook and shows a 3D image from the first clip on this release.
http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?geo1dv002_b.jpg:DVDs/geo/geo1dv002.html:;

The mastering was made by Chromatone.

Track List:

01. Altom vs Chromatone & Phoenix Family - Metadimension - 144 BPM
02. Desert Dwellers - High Sensory Perception (Random vs Spook rmx) - 142 BPM
03. Chromatone - Mitochonria rmx - 145 BPM
04. Mr Peculiar - Crystal Myth - 145 BPM
05. Scorb - Thundermental (Redeux) - 147 BPM
06. CPU with Phoenix Family - Decentralize - 145 BPM
07. Neuromotor - Danger Hight Voltage (Rmx) - 145 BPM
08. Rastaliens - Evil Extraterrestrials - 142 BPM
09. Phoenix Family - Perpetual Sun - 144 BPM
10. Earthling & Phoenix Family - Killer Dope (Earthling rmx) - 144 BPM
11. Nomad & Jeremy Tsunami - High Volume - 147 BPM

Let's see the music:

01. Altom vs Chromatone & Phoenix Family - Metadimension --> The show starts with a robot speaking the sample and releasing something from his chest. The music is nice and the animation has its strong points, but I think blue is over used here. It would be nice to see some warm colors here. Anyway, it's a good entertainment to what all this dynamic changes on the screen together with a robot dancing to some nice tune.

02. Desert Dwellers - High Sensory Perception (Random vs Spook rmx) --> This track is slower, but sounds faster, and even more faster when I'm looking to the abstract changing images on the screen. The build up surely is effective on the dance floor and the fast changing images in the end makes me dance even more. Good work!

03. Chromatone - Mitochonria rmx --> Chromatone made one of the best tracks on this release. I loved the samples and the way they are displayed on my screen.

"The process of giving genes to the nucleus of the complex cell, exporting them from the mitochondria to the chloroplast is so slow that it takes geological time, millions and millions of years..."

"Were assimilated by cells which are just as much unlike us as the mitochondria are..."

"A symbiosis that gave rise to eukaryotic cells of which were made of millions of billions..."

"These are genes with special proteins which play an intimate role in this energy conversion process..."

04. Mr. Peculiar - Crystal Myth --> Finally more colors! We're in the middle of a jungle on an Alien planet and a strange creature is dancing above an energy pool. This is crazy and the Mr. Peculiar track makes is the perfect soundtrack it. Some weird 3D symbols are summoned by the alien creature's dance. Best clip up to now, and also amazing track. IMO this is the animation that better fitted with the music.

05. Scorb - Thundermental (Redeux) --> Scorb is one of my favorite night acts and this track is as good as his previous tracks. It has an involving atmosphere that surrounds me. To add even more psychedelic elements to this night tune the Doctor designed a mushroom party for this track. It's really crazy to see all those mushroom guys jumping and having fun! Must be perfect to see at a party! Congratulations.

06. CPU with Phoenix Family - Decentralize --> CPU is a classic night full on act and the Spook managed to make an astral projection trip powered by his sound. Astral bodies sliding all over the many psychedelic layers of sounds, interesting trip. Good music and visuals, the end is specially psychedelic.

07. Neuromotor - Danger Hight Voltage (Rmx) --> This Neuromotor track is the logical choice after the CPU, intense and electrifying, just like the skull on the animation and the track name. Good choice in the red tones and its mixing with blue when it looks like the two skulls are fighting.

08. Rastaliens - Evil Extraterrestrials --> Another favorite track, this time by Rastaliens. Well fitted sample "Extraterrestrial intelligence", because on the screen we're exploring an alien planet with different alien creatures, it seems they're fighting for territory or just sharing their bong. It's one of the track with fewer BPM (144), but also one of the most psychedelic.

09. Phoenix Family - Perpetual Sun --> The sample says it all: "Like a perpetual sun..." It really looks like a sun in the middle of the screen emiting blue light and fractal tentacles. The music has a morning touch that I appreciate, and it's taking us out of our galaxy. Nice visuals and effects.

10. Earthling & Phoenix Family - Killer Dope (Earthling rmx) --> The original was released on Spun Records, and this is as good as it. Some different fractal images and a glimpse of a spaceship make me wonder what comes next. We're tripping to mother Earth, in a spaceship powered by music! All the elements from the previous tracks are here and they're all dancing inside a flying saucer! This is so cool! Astral projection bodies dancing in front of the sound system. crazy mushroom guys and robots on the dance floor and an alien DJ. The music is also danceable!

11. Nomad & Jeremy Tsunami - High Volume --> In this last track the sample says: "This to be played at high volume, preferably near a residential area", so our space ship is heading to Earth, we can see our planet and it's beautiful. Tighten your sit belts we're going to land at San Francisco. The spaceship releases its passengers on the neighborhood. Doctor Spook himself comes to close the party in a real psychedelic event. Perfect ending, humans and aliens sharing the same dance floor.

Also check: http://www.isratrance.com/www/reviews/show_review_details.php?show=821
And my interview with Doctor Spook:
http://www.fullonline.net/archives/2005/12/doctor_spook.html

Verdict: A must have for any VJ! Also perfect to entertain and have fun (and trips) with some psyfriends.

Recommendation: I recommend this DVD to all DJs and the ones who like psychedelic videos. It's perfect to be seen at a party. The tracks are good, but the psychedelic videos are something I'm not used to, so I am very impressed. Another good feature is that the CD has 11 tracks and more than 79 minutes of music, I wish all releases were this way...

Favorites: 3, 4(!), 5, 6, 8(!), 11(!).

Buy it here:
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/DVDs/geo/geo1dv002.html
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5135

Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Jan 23, 2006 15:25
great review, full_on. thanks. the names of projects are telling me that dvd is worth buying and your review just last reason to do so.           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Jan 23, 2006 23:26
i cant say more on this topic other than pick up this essential dvd/cd... if you are familiar with any of the artists involved be warned that this cd is chock full of some of thier best work... i havent sat thru the dvd all the way thru yet but ive had the audio disc and played it many times. a great example of the high quality we desire and receive thru the blessing of the geomagnetic.tv family...
thanks goes to spook for the gift... its made several eyeballs pop out though, you might want to include some sort of goggles?           www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
Takuan"the pickled radish"

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jan 24, 2006 21:49
I wuz caroozin in my spaceship, when I came across thiss planet Zenex,& the Zenoidz was like blaplibplelibbpleblahhtblat.... so then I knew what I wuz supposed to do i hopped back into my space ship and caroozed back off hyperspace ...starz are bouncing off my forhead holy crap I saw wind dude saw wind whoa dude come back !!!!Seriously though, Docktor Spook keep up what you do cuz you rule the school
rica
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jan 25, 2006 00:30
great review... where can you buy it in brazil and how much $? ty!
          Bhavatu sabba mangalam
Geomagnetic Records
Geomagnetic Records

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Jan 25, 2006 09:12
Hey man!

I will send you one a combo with DVD and CD available as a bundle from the web site...

http://geomagnetic.tv/releases/geospirit1dvd.htm

if you buy this via the paypal button I will send both dvd and cd to you =) I am asking $30 for the bundle plus shipping...

The page has streaming previews in quicktime format as well...

Spook =)

Quote:

On 2006-01-25 00:30, autocon wrote:
great review... where can you buy it in brazil and how much $? ty!

Shawnodese
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  141
Posted : Mar 5, 2006 06:54
Love the DVD...watched it with great pleasure....but the muuuuuuuuuuusic on this cd, the absolute best compilation for me in 2005 brother.....it's a stormer and a great example on how a compilation should be....the CPU vs. Chromatone vs. Random, Scorb and the Rastaliens as my absolute favs of all but I play ALL of 'm...and i NEVER do that with any compilation.......except my own           Mind Funk Records
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
www.myspace.com/shawnodese
www.myspace.com/mindfunkmusic
ovnimoon
Ovnimoon

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Mar 15, 2006 21:30
YES YES!!
i got my copie of this crazy movie!!

i love it, is crazy, i love th 3d humans, meditations and flying into the trance, i love the fractals , and aliens dancing into a spaceship pARTY!!
ehehehe

nice nice,
congratulations spook!!
and so, many tracks of the dvd is amazing

is real pure psychedelictrance !!! really good!!

BOOM!
Wizard Lizard
Wizard Lizard

Started Topics :  11
Posted : May 18, 2006 17:00
wicked art work in that dvd , it will spook you away eheh worth to chack it out
boom!
Twisted ReAction
Twisted ReAction

Started Topics :  24
Posted : May 31, 2006 13:03
KILLER DVD...i seen this one...also killer tracks and artists there nice work spook!           www.phantasmrecords.co.uk/blazed.html
saintcarl

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 4, 2006 03:27
nice one spook. killer dope is the bomb!!
chachakra

Posted : Jun 4, 2006 03:42
After hearing the killer tracks in this soundtrack I can't wait to see the dvd!! GeoSpirit blew me away!! 4 stars ****
chachakra

Posted : Jun 22, 2006 02:40
Totally Psychedelic and Sick as fuck!! Killer tracks with Mind Blowing Art!! What more can I say...4 stars****
PSYSREK
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jul 2, 2006 15:48
Well done Dr. Spook

This DVD is really the best I know with incredible FX. Thank you very for authorised us to show it in Psytrance TV !!! we still have been showed the Scorb and Chromatone clip, excellent ones !!!
I hope to see more realise from Geomagnetic TV in the future with still a so good production !!!

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/84384/forum/63

http://www.myspace.com/psysrek
http://www.myspace.com/jetlagbookingagency
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jet-Lag-Bookings/128718280502551
http://www.myspace.com/maninkaricrew
http://search.4shared.com/q/1/psysrek
IMIX
IMIX

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Oct 17, 2006 11:19
yo dr - very trippy visuals and blasting sound! thank you mate and keep it coming
all the best - Anza.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - DVD Geospirit 1 - Virtual Vortex ( Geomagnetic.TV, aug. 2005 )

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance