Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Electronica - Dubstep!
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Dubstep!

Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Mar 27, 2008 17:29
Shackleton needs a friend
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 28, 2008 13:29
BTW...a great video

Bass Clef live
Merlot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Apr 6, 2008 09:10
Mary Anne Hobbs & Surgeon are into dubstep and grime in a big way. You can hear a fair bit of that sound in their sets and they even get genre heavyweights to play exclusive mixes. there's an online archive of some of their past shows in pretty decent quality too (links below). Full tracklists are available too and Surgeons sets even have cue sheets The thing I like about these sets is that it refuses to pigeonhole itself in any particular genre. So its always been a good source of info about new artists, albums etc.

http://electronicexplorations.org/
http://electronicexplorations.org/download-mary-anne-hobbs-bbc-radio-1-shows-here/

Ps/ Highly recommend MAH's Flying Lotus showcase
maux
Mauxuam

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Apr 7, 2008 13:52
I make a bet here and now:
let's see how many of those dubstep anthems you will listen to in, let's say, one year (even less).
and what you will think about yourself after that.
          "There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain will never improve, and that's here." Aldus
andrew interchill
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Apr 8, 2008 00:48
liquid stranger has been making some dubstep... and very nice it is too... musical even...

there's a bunch of samples that would never be cleared... so i guess these tunes will just remain in the live and dj sets

i always used to tag into the half time beat on d&b... being to lazy to dance at 160 bpm... dubstep is drum and bass for lazy tokers...

will it be here in a year ?

i asked merv to do a tune in this style for his album... but so far he seems to be sticking on maux's side of the debate.... not lowering himself to imitate the latest music fashion.
Giani
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Apr 8, 2008 01:14
Quote:

On 2008-04-07 13:52, maux wrote:
let's see how many of those dubstep anthems you will listen to in, let's say, one year (even less).

hehe, surely we will all be into Post-NuDubStep by then and probably think we are extremely cool =)           www.idspiral.org
www.thesynergyproject.org
www.nuschoolhippies.co.uk
www.nativestaterecords.com
www.myspace.com/folktronica_events
maux
Mauxuam

Posted : Apr 8, 2008 02:35
Quote:

On 2008-04-08 01:14, Giani wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-04-07 13:52, maux wrote:

hehe, surely we will all be into Post-NuDubStep by then and probably think we are extremely cool =)

yo Giani, welcome back on this side of the ocean.
I am already doing the postnuke oldschoolnewwave step...it is a mix of funk and dubstep...and it is called STUNK.

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain will never improve, and that's here." Aldus
TheSynergyProject

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 8, 2008 03:28

Quote:

I am already doing the postnuke oldschoolnewwave step...it is a mix of funk and dubstep...and it is called STUNK.

sounds interesting!
check this out for futuristic psy-influenced electro-dubstep sounds:

www.myspace.com/bloodtriberecords

part of a new genre i call IBM (Intelligent Bass Music)

zak
Giani
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 8, 2008 04:14
Quote:

On 2008-04-08 03:28, TheSynergyProject wrote:

Quote:

sounds interesting!
check this out for futuristic psy-influenced electro-dubstep sounds:

http://www.myspace.com/bloodtriberecords

part of a new genre i call IBM (Intelligent Bass Music)

zak

Yeah some people are still into IBM zak, but more trendy people seem to prefer MAC (Minimal Anthem Core) which is a sub genre of Apple (Alternative People Prefer Liquid Ecstasy), which started as a promising movement in the late 80's that soon degenerated and is now loosely used to refer to any form of music that makes you feel like you should take other types of drugs to fully appreciate it =)

lol =)

Maux, make sure STUNK has lots o bass in it, ever since i got into dubstep everything else seems to have no bass...what ever happened to the bass?? im sure it was there before... ;-)
          www.idspiral.org
maux
Mauxuam

Posted : Apr 8, 2008 05:12
Quote:

Maux, make sure STUNK has lots o bass in it, ever since i got into dubstep everything else seems to have no bass...what ever happened to the bass?? im sure it was there before... ;-)

LOL...stunk is kick&bass music...
nothing over the 60hz...don't even try to listen to it if you don't have a fat subwoofer.

you need to low down your bass intake slowly slowly Giani and stabilize the tolerance levels...it is a bit like when you suddenly stop to drink coffee...you may feel a bit weird at first...

I suggest a detox therapy based on bee gees in the morning and some R&B in the evening.

=:-)

Giani
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 8, 2008 05:35
Quote:

On 2008-04-08 05:12, maux wrote:
Quote:

LOL...stunk is kick&bass music...
nothing over the 60hz...don't even try to listen to it if you don't have a fat subwoofer.

you need to low down your bass intake slowly slowly Giani and stabilize the tolerance levels...it is a bit like when you suddenly stop to drink coffee...you may feel a bit weird at first...

I suggest a detox therapy based on bee gees in the morning and some R&B in the evening.

=:-)

Yeah Dr. Maux's "R n' BeeGees" cure really seems to work for many, MattB and Nalepa call it Bass Science =) I almost made it through the whole program, but then the freaking Vibesquad album came out, and I got Addictech again...

http://www.addictech.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=10661&atech_id=a65961014c52d03d758df333ffa67dad

Bass Love on Addictech... hehe makes sense =)

www.idspiral.org
maux
Mauxuam

Posted : Apr 8, 2008 06:06
i forgot to say...stunk music is made of frequencies that you can only smell...eheheheh.

I am having hi doses of skeetaz at the moment.

shackleton....mmmmm....really good.....

bass science....yummy too.....

maybe even restrictive to call it dubstep, really.

;-)

Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 9, 2008 10:29
Shackleton is insane, other I highly recommend is Peverelist and everything on his label, Punch Drunk, Bassnectar is good as well...but too noisy at some point...Skeetaz rocks.
Dunno if Dubstep fits either...dubsteppy???

maux
Mauxuam

Posted : Apr 9, 2008 14:36
bassnectar no good for me...commercial stuff imo...and as u say ...noisy....
watch out...a mob of dubsteppers could be close to us....let's run faster.           "There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain will never improve, and that's here." Aldus
mubali
Mubali

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Apr 11, 2008 13:16
So, I've really really tried to get into dubstep, but every time I listen to it, it reminds me of hip hop... and being an ex junglist I keep thinkin, didn't we make drum and bass out of hip hop... it's just interesting to see it go back to the half time groove....

I guess I'm just really not into that slow of music for a dancefloor type setting. I could easily chill out to it, but every dubstep oriented party I've ever been to, made me leave before 4 am severely bored and underdanced... Don, I dig your mixes man, you know dis, but I went to see Freq nasty play and I damn near fell asleep. I think I'm more of a breakcore fan and just like things a little more frenetic.... However I'm sure I'd totally be into this stuff if I hadn't gotten into drum and bass first.           An Eagle may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Electronica - Dubstep!
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance