Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Divine Balance Trinity Benefit : Ananda Shake, Electrypnose + 5 LIVE ACTS | NYC | Sat April 14, 2007
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Divine Balance Trinity Benefit : Ananda Shake, Electrypnose + 5 LIVE ACTS | NYC | Sat April 14, 2007

Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Apr 3, 2007 14:51
hey meEteck. When we were putting this event together the venue was a big concern. The first option definitely was to do it at a bigger venue ... a big blowout.

As we progressed to thinking exactly why we were organising this event it was pretty clear that a stompout wasn't the most important thing on the agenda. This event is a benifit as well as an experiment in sound healing... using all aspects of psytrance as well as the beginnings of a new sound outside the realm of trance.

For one... the sound healing set would not work if we were on stage rocking out... it completely defeats the cause. CoSM instantly clicked because of the vibe of the venue, the intamacy we need to get through to people and for them to discuss the cause and effects with each other.

We've been partying for many years now and felt it really was about time that we took the party and create something that drives the meaning and effects to a deeper level. Both Shai and myself feel very strongly about that and we know that it will happen at the benifit!

Psytrance is wonderful and the music is very much present. This event brings the fragmented subgenres together for the first time in this manner for greater good as well as add something special to the formula all organisers have been following for years now.

What we intend to do will actually go beyond CoSM. The technology is so powerful that its expected to be felt at a field diameter of one city block at a minimum and upto 1.5 miles! So believe it or not, or be at CoSM or not. If you stand at the 542 W 27th street block on the 14th of April between 12am and 3am you WILL feel it!

Just hope you can make it so that we can have an interactive experience with your feedback! We need your support!
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 3, 2007 16:26
Correction: 15th of April between 12am and 3am. 14th night is the party.
Shemantic

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 3, 2007 18:15
i wish this wasn't at cosm(or CoSM for the boppers)

i don't know if i can heal in an environment that uses certain religions and spirituality to make their big bucks-it really churns my stomach
alex greys gallery is one of the few galleries that charge for you to see it

All this talk about energy- HA sometimes i wonder if the only time some people in this community resonate good? energy is when they are on e

the line-up does look killer so whatever- lets go and be filled with all this religion propaganda all you "enlightened ones

*observe*

Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 3, 2007 21:24
Shemantic... I can see what you're getting at. "Art should be free." If you charge for something then it takes away from the value of it. Energy work is "spiritual" so money cannot come into the picture! Well, guess what THAT is what religion has implied all these years! The whole process of religion is based on give all and take none... therefore when there is money exchange in the religious context its corruption!!!

We'll lucky for you and me this organisation is not religiously driven. We do not believe our technology should be given away for free because it cost us a lot of money to put this event together, bring the artists down and set up all that was needed for the sound healing! 33$ for an event! Damn! Thats a lot of money for a party. But this isnt a party... this is a benifit for research. Every single penny that is generated will go back into the company to move forward with compacting the sound healing devices to make it a household box. And guess what! You will have to pay for that too!

Step back now and look at the bigger picture. Do you pay your doctor? Do you pay for the medicine? Do you pay for your computer? Does the engineer who makes the computer get paid?

This project is lead by a medical doctor and an engineer. Our paths could have led us to alopathic medicine and microprocessor design. But something about sound healing echoed more. More than hi-fi jobs with fancy cars... we are both trained enough to get those things and only those things if we want! But being in the trance community looking at all this chaos in the world.... understanding it and then turning your back to it by working blindly in the "System" when we live outside it everyday.

Cannot happen!

This is for a better world. And we have something tangible to ease your linear thinking mind. So please do show up to this event. Pay the fee at the door... because we have to pay CoSM too. (Does that make Alex Grey any less of an artist!!!???) I promise you this will not be money burnt! And you'll feel it at this event!

We are always open to discussion... please do not close your mind to the possibilitiy of a better world because optimisim is one thing that is really needed in this time of our lives!
Liquid-Vision

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 3, 2007 21:37
I wish this party was happening on another weekend :-(           We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home.
Shemantic

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 3, 2007 22:06
you misunderstood me possibly...
the 33 dollar admission fee is surely reasonable considering you're flying in artists overseas and the cosm facility charge. Also I was told(not sure if it's still true) it costs more for an event to have the chapel open- which i think i saw in the info that it is going to be open...
what I do think is unreasonable is that Cosm charges an admission fee on a regular daily basis just to see the gallery

which leads me to my original message...
"it costs more to have the Chapel open"...Chapel.....
Chapel??!!!!.... ah haha ohh man

I really like and appreciate what this party seems to be about...
Just the venue- admittedly it's a nice cozy space for a party, its comfortable
but the spiritual/religious front that CoSM is gross
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 3, 2007 22:57
Aaah! Well, yes, the word Chapel definitely has its religious connotations. But here's the eternal optimist ... if that word attracts some focused religious type and introduces them to the reality of spirituality and the combinations of eastern and western religions (Grey's work def. echoes that) then its one up for change!

On the other hand you have someone who is spiritually awakened and just ticked off with a word. It doesnt really hurt does it ? I see your passion for Alex Grey's work! And I feel the same way... I think his art is wonderful and should be shared with the world without labels or language!

Hope you can make it out to CoSM so we can talk more. We plan to use the Chapel for the sound healing frequencies and the special set... so the best of it all will definitely be amplified.

damon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  88
Posted : Apr 4, 2007 02:20
Slightly off topic question: how long it takes to get from CoSM to LaGuarida air port (bus/subway vs. cab)@4am?

http://www.chillumafia.com
Skeeve
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  38
Posted : Apr 4, 2007 04:56
Quote:

On 2007-04-03 22:06, Shemantic wrote:
you misunderstood me possibly...
the 33 dollar admission fee is surely reasonable considering you're flying in artists overseas and the cosm facility charge. Also I was told(not sure if it's still true) it costs more for an event to have the chapel open- which i think i saw in the info that it is going to be open...
what I do think is unreasonable is that Cosm charges an admission fee on a regular daily basis just to see the gallery

which leads me to my original message...
"it costs more to have the Chapel open"...Chapel.....
Chapel??!!!!.... ah haha ohh man

I really like and appreciate what this party seems to be about...
Just the venue- admittedly it's a nice cozy space for a party, its comfortable
but the spiritual/religious front that CoSM is gross

Most galleries are free to enter because they are keeping their doors open by selling their art. The end result of those type of economics is that the art is displayed for a short period of time, then in most cases leaves the public domain for the home of a private collector. The greys, on the other hand, have been BUYING BACK their art from times when they had to sell it to make ends meet. While they do at times still sell pieces, the chapel of sacred mirrors contains a number of paintings that they have decided to keep and share with the public. Because they are not getting income from the sale of those pieces, and because they need to do mundane things like pay rent and whatnot, they charge admission and make avaible merchandise related to their creations... much in the same way the MOMA or the MET operates. Shemantic, if you feel that this is not a proper model for the displaying of art please establish a trust fund for the maitenance and upkeep of the chapel and I'm sure the greys will be happy to dispense with the $5 cover charge. When you have the funds ready, feel free to email me and I will connect you with them.

Theo
theo@28thday.com
damon
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 4, 2007 06:49
Quote:

On 2007-04-04 04:56, Skeeve wrote:

Most galleries are free to enter because they are keeping their doors open by selling their art. The end result of those type of economics is that the art is displayed for a short period of time, then in most cases leaves the public domain for the home of a private collector. The greys, on the other hand, have been BUYING BACK their art from times when they had to sell it to make ends meet. While they do at times still sell pieces, the chapel of sacred mirrors contains a number of paintings that they have decided to keep and share with the public. Because they are not getting income from the sale of those pieces, and because they need to do mundane things like pay rent and whatnot, they charge admission and make avaible merchandise related to their creations... much in the same way the MOMA or the MET operates. Shemantic, if you feel that this is not a proper model for the displaying of art please establish a trust fund for the maitenance and upkeep of the chapel and I'm sure the greys will be happy to dispense with the $5 cover charge. When you have the funds ready, feel free to email me and I will connect you with them.

If they were selling alcohol@CoSM I would buy you at least one drink Theo           http://www.chillumafia.com
miEtek

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Apr 4, 2007 17:23

They are not
But they got full line of infused juices.           na kopcu Kosciuszki za sterami Komandor.OrZech..
damon
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 4, 2007 22:08
Quote:

On 2007-04-04 17:23, miEtek wrote:

They are not
But they got full line of infused juices.

Yeah I know. Is it BYOB?:)           http://www.chillumafia.com
Osher (Ananda Shake)
Ananda Shake

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Apr 4, 2007 22:47
Hi, Must to say that i am exited abit to come play in USA for the first time it will be great night Will play the new stuff from us which is full power full on morning style ...then all the best see u soon!           New Album Coming Soon Ananda Shake - Inside The Sound.
Skeeve
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  38
Posted : Apr 4, 2007 23:27
CoSm is not BYOB; we have a no alchohol policy.
damon
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 5, 2007 00:26
Quote:

On 2007-04-04 23:27, Skeeve wrote:
CoSm is not BYOB; we have a no alchohol policy.

Thanks. Did not know that           http://www.chillumafia.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Divine Balance Trinity Benefit : Ananda Shake, Electrypnose + 5 LIVE ACTS | NYC | Sat April 14, 2007
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance