Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Discovering old Goa in 2003

Trip-
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Nov 28, 2003 06:41
dear folkz,

Are there actually ppl today that discovering goa trance that seem to be extinct from our terrible and cruel world?

Or is it just young heads who were told that there is this 'goa' word from some of the recent YSExplosion compilations ?           Crackling universes dive into their own neverending crackle...
AgalactiA
solipt1c
Soliptic
Started Topics :  9
Posted : Nov 28, 2003 13:48
well i cant say i discovered goa in 2003

but i discovered it in about 2001 .... started making it in 2002 ... in 2003 i made an effort to check out the new school stuff... and decided the old goa is still better in many ways imho           http://www.dartrecordings.co.uk/
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Nov 28, 2003 16:15
Well, Melicia's style (although some people consider it commercial shitty fullon) is quite goa oriented.
There are released in goa style today, such as Ethereal from Tranceform. I believe that if people like it, they'll look for more - dig into the past.
TranceMaster

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Dec 3, 2003 02:07
Goa Trance come-back! I would like that! But certainly in a new, improved way.

IMHO, trance track with no melodies is like a blank piece of paper... Nothing you can see on it, nothing you can feel there...
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Dec 3, 2003 04:05
Boom! recs still releases stuff that's more 'Goa'. Some Australian trance is very much in the 'Goa style' too. And there's always Dimension 5 and Ra for those Goa junkies.
Chi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Dec 3, 2003 13:39
I started listening and collecting goa in march this year... i already have 12 old albums. This is going to take some time... there is a lot to explore and money doesn't grow on trees

Melicia is shitty full-on, Ra and Dimension 5 is a bit of cheap goa. Although not bad for a 2001 release.
jerard
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Dec 3, 2003 14:07
u need to lisiting to some finsh trance like psysil,Squaremeat,TEXAS ,Eraser vsYöjalka.
this will please u i'm shure it's the answer to the old good goa trance or toydoy(france)
this wiil take u down
Tranceform
Tranceform

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Dec 4, 2003 01:41
Hi people!

Most people who nowadays are active in the psy-trance scene probably don't like goa-trance at all or were not around at the time goa-trance was "the thing".
But anyway, apart from Tranceform (a melodic goa-trance label) that Mike mentioned earlier there are some full-on psy-trance that is very goa-influenced. For example the Melicia: "Running out of time" has been one of the highlights of this year for me, Silicon Sound: "Pure analog" is another one and Talamasca: "Zodiac" shall not be forgotten either.
I haven't yet ordered Space Buddha: "Storm reaction" but according to the clips I've heard of it it probably is also something that people who like goa-trance will like .

Cheers,

Kalle / Tranceform

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Dec 4, 2003 18:12
WHAT!!! Are you crazy?? Silicon sound and talamasca's albums are not what i would call old school at all... well anyway, congratulations for your album ethereal album, it really is old school!
Just heard the samples, going to order real soon.
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Dec 4, 2003 19:13
Quote:

On 2003-12-03 04:05, DiMiTry wrote:
Boom! recs still releases stuff that's more 'Goa'. Some Australian trance is very much in the 'Goa style' too. And there's always Dimension 5 and Ra for those Goa junkies.

i agree, with releases like "battle of the future buddhas" for example, and the new "rastaliens" album.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Panzer

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Dec 4, 2003 23:12
Quote:

On 2003-12-03 04:05, DiMiTry wrote:

Its not necessarily the style that I miss but the kick ass composistions. Goa was always more about substance than style. Dimension 5 and Ra are good but are, judging on what I heard thus far, not able to produce memorable trax like Double Dragons (Doof), Atomic Armadilo (GNotR), Maia (Pleiadians) e.g.

Using good old 303 synths nowadays doesn't mean its immediately a pleasant 'deja vu'...
manu
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Dec 4, 2003 23:16
Quote:

IMHO, trance track with no melodies is like a blank piece of paper... Nothing you can see on it, nothing you can feel there...

Right said dude.

I think may be Goa style is hardcore for new ppl in the scene. They may not find it their kinda music.. ways of enjoying .. ways of getting buzz outta music.. changes with time and influence. But ofcourse Goa music is and will always be there.
          "Its all in your mind..but its all about your heart :)"
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Dec 5, 2003 11:56
The thing is that todays listeners hear todays music with todays production, which is excellent. Old goa has quite a shitty sound (compared to today) - which scares people away.
solipt1c
Soliptic
Started Topics :  9
Posted : Dec 5, 2003 22:36
i agree.

in short, thats why want to try and make goa music with todays production levels (shame nobody wants to release it tho hehehe )

i listened to cosmosis the other day and i was disappointed cos when i first heard it i thought it was brilliant produced (and in many ways it still is of course) but after listening to a lot of 2003 stuff lately it sounded thin and weak.

the programming and so on may be up to scratch in some ways but the overall sound is nowhere near as fat and squeezed.

(on which note - a couple of releases this year have actually struck me as way overcompressed / overmastered. a really squashed and artificially bright feel. anyone else think psy mastering might be getting a bit out of hand?)           http://www.dartrecordings.co.uk/
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Discovering old Goa in 2003

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance