dark psy

ketamind
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Sep 9, 2006 00:26
Quote:

On 2006-07-19 15:55, terrorist wrote:
i think japan gets more an experience of dark artists from overseas

i dont think australia's market for dark psy is big enough to sustain such parties with international dark artists

in the past parties in japan they have had osom/ kdd on his own, mubali, ocelot, ghreg on earth, cosmo, naked tourist, and many many more, penta

i started a thread on oztrance regarding bringing penta to oz but there was no interest whatsoever from any aussie promoters

yes there was...
: )
Shaqattack
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Sep 11, 2006 08:01
no dark psy here??

u have been going to the wrong destinations then
terrorist

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 11, 2006 13:16
yes there was...
: )

was there???

is there still lol
nexus_crawler
Sycophant

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 14, 2006 15:45
japan not only gets a shitload of dark artists, it also gets a shitload of morning artists.. the problem is not only the market, but a combination of market/geography/location and balls.. we seem to lack the latter..

however, some promoters have the right idea, and are keeping the flame alive.. (balance is important) and the few of us that write, keep on doing so, coz what else can ya do?? we write in oz and deliver to the rest of the world..

http://protomateria.bandcamp.com
terrorist

Posted : Sep 15, 2006 04:53
speak for yourself about the latter man lol
ouroboros
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Sep 19, 2006 00:46
i guess...australia esp melbourne shud have good dose of night psy as well
u shud bring artist/dj such as zik..kdd..dennis..goa gil..psykovsky..cosmo..n many many more

n Mr. Perfect Drug...start Djing..u got a dj frnd too- so learn..n start playin night psy
have fun bro
boom           http://www.myspace.com/musicouroboros

**treat ur mind like a bad neighbourhood - dont go thr alone**
terrorist

Posted : Sep 19, 2006 13:01
I am from Melbourne and through personal experience I would say it doesnt have a good dose of night time music whatever that may be.

Sydney/Cairns appears to have a good night time scene from what I hear
doors_of_perception

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Sep 19, 2006 16:10
i feel the people here are very fun and energetic thus the music tht is played is full on power/dance- its just flowin with the energy...           i just wanna wish you well
Cyberwlf
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Oct 14, 2006 04:29
Yeah Sydney/Newcastle and Cairns has the biggest dark psy scenes in Australia. Melbourne has a fair bit of talent too, but promoters mostly don't seem to be willing to give them a go.           Twisted Mind-Altering Night-time Psychedelia...
Nabi Records: www.nabi-records.com
DARK Records: www.d-a-r-k.net
PsyKe Out: www.PsyKeOut.net
Divine Music Tribe - www.divinemusictribe.com
Mesq
Reality Pixie

Started Topics :  34
Posted : Oct 16, 2006 06:29
Heh... Dark and Hard but not neccessarily psychedelic...
Cyberwlf
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Oct 24, 2006 06:54
Not necessarily, but generally alot more so than the average 'full on' psy circulating these days (imho).

Also there's been a fair bit of a shift away from the 'hard' side in more recent times from some parts of the dark psy scene and more focus on making the music as psychedelic and twisted as they can.           Twisted Mind-Altering Night-time Psychedelia...
Nabi Records: www.nabi-records.com
DARK Records: www.d-a-r-k.net
PsyKe Out: www.PsyKeOut.net
Divine Music Tribe - www.divinemusictribe.com
ThePErfectDruG

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 26, 2006 18:20
after a while now.. looin thru d gigs here going to a few.. i can say now that d scene surely is not so open for dark psy here.. ppl are more into popping and blasting d dance floor!!
yay i dnt kno as if now, dunno nth bout djing bt ya wil try n learn n might jus start doin smthng in a years time.. but wil really appriciate organisers to bring in some of the big dark names to ozland!!
Mate we hav few of the best dark artists frm oz like dark nebula, pondscum.. so jus giv it a go n hope for d best!!           DoNt tRy aND thInK tOO hArD Ur bRaiN's pRobAbLY DamAGeD!!
~~BOOM~~
Mesq
Reality Pixie

Posted : Oct 27, 2006 00:30
There need to be more DJ's playing twisted dark music to generate the crowd for an expensive international act...

Anyone wanting some dark twisted music feel free to give me a DJ set
terrorist

Posted : Oct 27, 2006 04:44
I kinda disagree with the above

There are a few dj's in melbs playing dark twisted stuff its just that this style of music is not in favour at parties, hence why these guys dont get gigs.

I wish what you posted was true but yeah doesnt appear like that down here.

Cant comment regarding up north but thats what I have noticed down here anyway.

Anyway yeah would be good if that changed lol. Saying that I think I will get my dosage at freakreation

Mesq
Reality Pixie

Posted : Oct 27, 2006 07:11
What I meant was, that...

Promoters are reacting quite strongly, to the general punters reaction to dark twisted night-time psy.

Even though many promoters and regular doofers very much like gritty psychedelic night-time gear, the general punters get weirded out and their pills get ruined by the "weird psychedelic shit" or whatever...

As long as promoters keep worrying more about how big the dancefloor will be rather than... what type of altered states are being achieved, then we will always be stuck with Fluffy accessible music all day and night, Good for pinger culture, not as good for trancing and psychedelics.

totally my opinion.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Australia & New Zealand - dark psy
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance