Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - CPU - Computer Error ( 3DVision Records , Mar. 2005 )

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

CPU - Computer Error ( 3DVision Records , Mar. 2005 )

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Jun 15, 2005 22:07
1. So It Begins - 8:22
2. Computer Error - 7:14
3. Skynet - 6:54
4. Positronic - 8:34
5. Third Planet - 6:26
6. Deleted - 7:46
7. Black Mamba - 7:59
8. Last Nite - 8:13
9. In The Future - 8:03

Power up, loading bios into memory, access granted - enter the mainframe with security pass code, retina - scan complete... Welcome to CPU land Ver. 2.0, a virtual futuristic world created by Swiss producer: Samy Guediche. Let the mayhem begin:
The first track is entitled "So it Begins" a proper name for a starting piece that takes its time to build up. A suspenseful development on the base with velocity changes and resonance games the track soon explodes into the new kind of CPU madness. Samples from the movie "Kill Bill 2" are widely used in this CD and are manipulated in a cybernetic feel. An excellent starter and for sure a foreshadow of what's to come. “"Computer Error" (T2) starts off with typical CPU leads, twisted and tweaked. The base line is gummy - almost comical; this sure helps to reduce the pandemonium of the sounds that are contained here. The Samples are from Terminator 3 (the other widely used movie on this CD) and that pumping breakdown sends you to the moon after its finished. "Skynet" comes next and does not release any tension built up by the previous tracks, by now my brain is starting to feel the effects of the cyber-implants the music is applying to it… "Positronic" (T4) is next. One of my favorite tracks here because it has a certain melody that reminds me of the older CPU album that I am very fond of. Everything is extremely polished here and clean. I know it's hard to think it with all the madness going on in these tracks, but it must be stated. The breaks again are powerful and the dance floor will be pummeled by it for certain. Another track in the older style is Third Planet" with springy metallic sounds and acidic leads, chaos! Maintained on a humorous base and foundation. Assimilation of cerebral lobes complete - moving on to the next track. A short tension breaker - "Deleted" (T6) features acoustic guitar samples that are quite nice with all sorts of delayed and pitch bend games on, yet still comes right back at you full force. The CPU hooks are by now far inside my brain, the bass line is relentless and the climax is quite good. Moving on to the darker side of CPU - "Black Mamba" has an Absolumish feel to it, fat base and those lead that make u cringe, again samples from Kill Bill Vol2. This is one of the most powerful tracks I heard this year. Upload of biomechanical system information complete - individual identification formatted. "Last Nite" is a groovy remix to the famous "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life" a lighter track from the rest of the album and I cannot stop moving to it when I hear it, good job of picking this one and totally changing it from its original structure. If anyone has survived the machine's torments and assimilation process to make it to the last track - I applaud you. "In the future" (T9) is a good way to end with a bang; Samy combines a ¾ beat as he did on the previous album with much success again. I simply love this track and the groove it's got. My motherboard is fried by now, time to get a new brain.

Recomendation: This album was dedicated to Noa and Luna, when Noa grows up and asks: "What does daddy do? He can surely be told that 'daddy' destroys people's brain cells for a living. So ends the 2nd chapter from the CPU Labs in Spain, a jump up in production from the first and for sure in intricacy of anarchy. It should be noted that this is one of the most precise albums I ever heard, all the sounds are exactly on cue, nothing out of place and nothing where it shouldn't be. Neat and accurate, like a true CPU. Well done! Highly recommended.
Favorite tracks: All.

isratrance main link: http://www.isratrance.com/www/reviews/show_review_details.php?show=768           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Jun 15, 2005 22:08

sorry for the late review..... this was ready in march but we had some technical problems here.
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
dtmoney
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 00:16
I'm not that impressed with it. It does not compare to CPU's first album at all. He went bananas on the first album, but on this album, many of the songs kinda similar to each other. Last night should not be on this album. I know psy-people are always walking around saying stuff such as "You gotta be open to new styles of music". Look whatever, this song, however, is nothing but a pop song with some psy sound effects. It's also yellow in color, and I'm not too fond of yellow songs at all.

I do like In the future though. The song is very wacky. Computer Error is not to shabby either.

Again, I'm not impressed with this album. COming from someone as talented as Samy, I was expecting something more spectacular.

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Jun 16, 2005 03:55
took me about 5 listens to adapt my ears to the sound... at the first passes i didnt like the cd... but once i got into the mentality, i totally dug it as my review points out above. i found pleasure in the tiny games of sounds and the originality of them along with the precision of the music.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 07:07
I liked the cd from the start..

The first track is a great opener...

Didnt mind 'last nite at all either.. it was a fun track , and he made it nice and non-cheezy..

Al in all i loved the album.. was beltin out the tracks for a long time i rememebr.. especially positronic..

Go CPU.. !!           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
dtmoney
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 10:24
Quote:

On 2005-06-16 03:55, Surrender wrote:
took me about 5 listens to adapt my ears to the sound... at the first passes i didnt like the cd... but once i got into the mentality, i totally dug it as my review points out above. i found pleasure in the tiny games of sounds and the originality of them along with the precision of the music.

I guess I'll give it a few more listens.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 16:19
Oh well, it's not bad. But it suffers from the same thing a lot of full-on artists' albums suffer from these days. It sounds like 1 original song and a couple of remixes from the same song. The build-ups, the atmosphere. It's all kinda similar. If you're looking for this style, you'd do better to check out Twisted Systems - The Dealers. That one smacks this one up pretty hard IMO. But, if you like CPU's style, you could do worse than to check this out. As I said, it's ok. Just don't expect special things.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
s0ft
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 19:03
to start off, i'd like to say that i love this cd. its on my top 10 favorite cds of all time. only one thing. i didnt get the same feeling i did from the first cpu cd. it falls just a little short of the first album. i could tell he was trying to explore new sounds and ideas (Deleted comes to mind). in a sense, he has evolved beyond many artists. it took me a few listens to really grasp the entire album.

but like i said, a extremely good album, in my opinion.

edit: his basslines are getting better and better.          The IsraTrance MySpace Group:
http://groups.myspace.com/isratrance

DJ Trypta Sets:
http://waxdj.com/djs/4354/
lazy_i
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 19:09
this is definitely a great album- some gems in there and i like the direction he is taking his music- best of luck and keep the sounds coming
DJSarasin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 19:46
BLACK MAMBA!!!!!

KILLERRRRRRR!           Beartrap - SA

www.myspace.com/djsarasin
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beartrap-Productions/35950216057
DJ SET DOWNLOAD:
www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiWqeyTf0Uk
J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 20:23
Very nice album from Mr. Sammy!!

Wooww!!

Go track 7!! Black Mamba!! Toltally lethal!! Both!!!

it

V a R u n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 21:48
yes u're right @surrender.. at first i did not like this album much as compared to samy's older album..and i was expecting a lot more .. but the cd definitely grows on u as u listen to it more and more .. all in all definitely a good release ..
my favourites are computer error , third planet , black mamba , and of course how can i miss out last nite ! thats a real gem of a track !

bom~           Varun @ Materia Records

http://www.myspace.com/varundj

http://www.materiarecords.com/varun.html

..:: VA - BOUNCE OUT NOW ::..

..:: MATCD09 VA - PROFESSIONAL BY ANAHATA COMING SOON ..::
joshua666daniel

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 01:16
We can't blame SAM, His first album was a tod-fod album. That's the reason why we compare it with this release. Computer Error as Surrender said grows on you.

Thumbs up to Sam.           "When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." - Lao Tzu
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Jun 17, 2005 03:35
i too was expecting the vareity of tracks we saw in his first release... it wasnt as varied...
Acidhive@ ashamed to say.. but will check out Twisted System for sure
thanks mate.
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
joshua666daniel

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 17, 2005 23:56
Heard it again and again. It just keeps getting better.           "When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." - Lao Tzu
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - CPU - Computer Error ( 3DVision Records , Mar. 2005 )

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance