Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - CPC - Subliminal Messages (No Comment Records , CD) 2009

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

CPC - Subliminal Messages (No Comment Records , CD) 2009

Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Mar 5, 2010 11:56:36
It is with great pleasure to start my 100th topic with a review of this mother of an album. So here goes

Artist : CPC
Title : Subliminal Messages
Label : No Comment Records
Format : CD
Year : 2009
Master : CPC

1. Intro

Now thats one mean intro. Haunting atmospheres with industrial overtones and pitched down voices all mixed very well with
the sounds of crows. Played this at one party last year and they were all bamboozled!

2. Copenhagen

The track just starts off without any intro and break drectly from the where the album intro ends. Good solid phat kickdrum. The sounds presented here are quite new age yet with that old-school vibe. It ends abruptly
in the middle only to begin again with a very beautifully done synth! Gives me goosebumps when i hear this as the track moves forward. Very deep and fresh sounds to begin this ride. I'm impressed! Superb opener!

3. Squadazm

Track 3 also starts in similar fashion as track 2 , without any breaks. Solid bassline, with interesting sounds slowly creeps up accompanied with some nice percussion. Once again very deep sounds with a hint of mysticism are presented here. Soon the track gathers momentum with some well executed percussion and mechanical sounds. Looks like we're gearing up to enter another phase here.

4. Essentuki

Enter old-school vibes for the early morning hours in this track! Nice vocals accompanied by a sweet rolling bassline, uplifting synths and sounds. The track gathers momentum with a nice leads and some deep fx. The track is kept simple with the fx progressing and getting layered. I like this approach and it completely took me by surprise considering where i was left at from the previous track.

5. Secrets

A rather odd kickbass begins proceedings of this track. Liquid and organic sounds are presented here as the track progresses
with some interesting percussion and a nice melodic synth. The mood changes very soon to a more cinematic feel with a melancholic
design. Track continues while a sample enters that says "I keep Secrets.. Secrets like Smells and stains..secrets like old attic
closetballs and sane sex dreams...secrets like the girl who crushes and masturbation.... secrets like how many pregnancies how many births... how many children do yo u have... Love.. Carefor.. Secrets like Cia assasinations"... Yea... that was lil weird!! . Cool track

6. Kamni

Enter industrial sounds, a groovy bassline, sharp percussions, cinematic themed pads and atmospheres and you get Kamni. The track
moves on with some nice melodies and interesting sounds. At around 3, the track moves on beautifully with melodic leads and pads. The track keeps up the tempo with more uplifting sounds and shifting bass notes. Beautiful!

7. Nahpoh

The track starts with vocals and deep pads with teasing fx. In comes a strong phat bassline accompanied by deep sounds and fx.
More simple yet driving leads with interesting fx follow. Soon the track gathers a more sinister mood with more interesting usage of fx. There is always this element of unpredictability with regards to this track and most of the others. Soon the track progresses with gentle melodies and reaches the climax with powerful synths.

8. Piter 26

This one is more straigt on your face types. Driving bassline, hypnotic rhythms all form the core part of this track to begin with.
Soon more melodic oriented leads and sounds and reaches the climax with an arp like synth. this was alright. Not much to take from this track.

9. Lizerd 23

Lizerd 23 isa very experimental sort of approach. It has tribal percussions to begin with and slowly builds with the melodies and
cinematic moods. This is one of those kinds, where you just sit back, relax, smoke a s^&^& and just take in the sounds that are being poured out. Im quite amazed at his ability to create this kind of story.

10. Cykle

The outro is prolly more hypnotic than the intro itself. More percussive elements and a beautiful feel to it.Feels like im drawn
to a future warfield, when everything is over and done with and there is a new ray of hope. Amazing!!!

Well there it is. It took me a few listens to digest this. And once it did, it was a real journey from start to end. The freshest piece of work ive heard in recent years. Unpredictable, moody, cinematic, melancholic with a distinct old-school vibe yet new age.
And very simple yet hypnotic artwork as well.

I'm absolutely baffled as to why not many even nominated this for the best album last year. Maybe you havent heard it much?

If not, grab this... This to me was the album of 2009. You will be left mesmerized!

But right here :
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=8044

www.braindrop.in
ocelot
ocelot

Started Topics :  94
Posted : Mar 5, 2010 13:47
wickedly good album. very thick- yet very clean/minimal somehow... somber and heavy but beautiful- not like other stuff at all... very different. its one of the few cd's i carry around with me still...
          check new OCELOT, PROG-A-LOT and more on
http://soundcloud.com/aaronpeacock
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ocelot/52481987054
Sunai

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Mar 6, 2010 05:19
very fresh album!..my favourite track : Essentuki..
Glacial
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Mar 7, 2010 13:25
stunning release, ocelot summed it up pretty well. really different to anything else out there, atmospheric and soothing yet still driving enough for a dancefloor. if you haven't heard this and enjoy night psy or even tech trance go and check it out right now.
pete
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Mar 8, 2010 07:04
Indeed, a great album. Nice to see it get a proper review.
_mariO
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Mar 8, 2010 21:35
very good album!.. my favs, Squadazm, Kamni, Copenhagen and Essentuki !
gutter
Inactive User

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Mar 9, 2010 09:51
beautiful crafted psychedelic music, very beautiful
Cosmic Tandav
Trailoka

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Mar 9, 2010 13:42
brilliant album ..very different ...

good review sumith and congrats on ur 1000           https://soundcloud.com/hypnotiquerecordings
All...

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Mar 18, 2010 01:40
Beautiful album. Very different, would describe the style as 'white dark'.
Hex Osirus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Mar 22, 2010 10:54
my fav album of 09 along with dabudet
this is just good ole freakout music           http://soundcloud.com/seer
Maine Coon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Mar 22, 2010 22:47
Quote:

On 2010-03-06 05:19, Sunai wrote:
very fresh album!..my favourite track : Essentuki..

The bubbling sounds you hear in the background are not just cool effects. They correspond to the track's name. Essentuki is a famous mineral water site in Northern Caucasus (and, consequently, a brand name of mineral water too).

Here is more: "kamni" means "stones", "nahpoh" means ...hmm... The PG-13 translation would be something like "I dont' care - let it all go to hell".

Awesome album!
It was, in fact, the first time I heard darkpsy.
Ganapati

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Mar 23, 2010 19:41
^^Nice start
goaelectria

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 5, 2010 09:17
the album definitely gives Subliminal Messages ...intro track was pretty haunting.. Copenhagen my fav track.           Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.
d1m1tr1
Dark Elf

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Apr 5, 2010 13:44
Quote:

On 2010-04-05 09:17, goaelectria wrote:
the album definitely gives Subliminal Messages ...intro track was pretty haunting.. Copenhagen my fav track.

I had the same feeling. I love the intro, and Copenhagen is really nice !!!           http://darkelf.gr
http://www.sonic-loom.com
cubalibra

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 10, 2010 19:08
Great night time album ....seems like 2010 is shaping up well..
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - CPC - Subliminal Messages (No Comment Records , CD) 2009

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance