Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - CPC - Double Bouble (Manic Dragon) (c) 2006

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

CPC - Double Bouble (Manic Dragon) (c) 2006

Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jan 12, 2007 17:29
Artist: CPC
Album: Double Bouble
Label: Manic Dragon
Released: November 2006
Cover: (front) http://www.juno.co.uk/covers/245735-01-front.htm
Cover: (back) http://www.juno.co.uk/covers/245735-01-back.htm

Tracklist:

1. Boom Tequila (10:30)
2. Yamass (8:09)
3. Balamat (10:32)
4. Squeezer (8:09)
5. Kleika (8:12)
6. Manipulator (8:21)
7. H2S04 (5:09)
8. Videohorror (9:22)
9. Zolod's Requiem (9:30)

The review:

Well here it is, due to demand from other readers of isratrance I finally decided to review this (in my ears) superb album.

So here goes, track by track.

Track 1: Starting off with samples from laughing (some crowd) and then "There's danger there!" and we're off. A hard bassline for sure. And be prepared for lots of breaks and clicks. Sometimes it might sound overdone on the breaks, but the song really manages to keep a certain flow going. It's pretty dark and hard stuff so if you're into that (and hey if you don't like dark why read a CPC album review?) this is a great opener

Track 2: Immediately takes off where track 1 ended. Some dark atmospheres and sounds flying over your head. Nice deep bassline again and this one is a little more straightforward than the previous 'glitch' track, hehe Around 2:30 some more break-glitches occur and we're off from there to further dark heights. Deep breakdown at around 5:00 and we're back on track until the end. Good stuff.

Track 3: Starts off with pounding kickdrum, a pretty fast bassline and evolves slowly to incorporate more elements. Has a lot of those glitch elements that I talked about before. Crunchy acid synths round off the cake for this one, with 10:32 it's the longest track on here. Good, hard and pounding, especially with those massive dark sounds that start around the 4:30 mark. Great track.

Track 4: Most atmospheric track on the cd, this sounds a lot like former Terminator tracks like Fluffy On, Scary Boubles etc. Dark, a massive bassline once again and a really good flow with lots of atmosphere and subtle melodic undertones. Stellar, to me among the best tracks. Play this one LOUD!

Track 5: Kleika starts off with a padsound, followed by some synths. An atmospheric start to what will eventually erupt into another dark track, somewhat slower sounding than the rest up until now, but I think it's only imagination Quite an atmospheric track again, and the bassline is just great. Nice track.

Track 6: A bit more minimal than the other track before it. This is certainly a little more dry sounding than for example track 4. But, diversity is nice and this track does manage to evoke a feeling. More introvert than the rest I'd say. Nicely done.

Track 7: The shortest track. In sound a lot like track 4, with those dark atmospheres and the melodious aspect underneath (and upfront more from 2:30 and upward) this is a great little track. Shame it's the shortest, but it's totally cool while it lasts.

Track 8: More like track 6, more introvert, but it has some good melodies that lay on the lower side of the spectrum again. Towards the end it's more pronounced and this is a good track, no mistake about it.

Track 9: Zolod's Requiem. It's nice to have this on here, although the production is not really up to par with the other tracks. Still, there's a deep emotion in this, not in the least because it's dedicated to Zolod (Terminator, Parasense, Freaking etc.)
This track is really in the lower spectrum, a barely audible bassline (though still pretty strong, kind of subbass like), soft kickdrum and atmospheric melodies underneath all the layering. Great stuff, but as I said, I think the production could have been better. Still, it works, so no real complaints can be justified either

Conclusion time then: A stellar effort. While the Uber den Angst album was more like a story, this is even more impressive in the ways of trackdesign in my opinion. More melodious aspects are taken into account here and it sounds all the better for it. Some of the tracks remind me of the late Terminator, especially tracks 3,4,7 and those are among my favourites here. But really, all tracks are good. Terminator's absence in the psyscene is unfortunate and while no one could replace him, CPC manages to do some great things here. Buy this, it's worthy of your money and attention, especially if you like this darker style of psytrance.
9/10 from me here.

Listen to samples here:
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/mdr/mdr1cd007.html
http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6139
          "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Black Cat
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jan 12, 2007 17:44
Nice very nice one!!!

Congratulations to my friend CPC & Manic Dragon!

Bom Bom           http://www.myspace.com/discovalleyrecordsgoa
DVRcd001Nocturne*DVRcd002AcidMutants
DVRcd003PsychoCell*DVRcd004HastaLasPastillas*DVRcd005Dark Side of GOA
DVRcd006CHApoRAS Tribal Dance*DVRcd007 1001 Nights*DVRcd008 Triton OUT!
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Jan 12, 2007 19:15
this release of cpc was one of the bests of 2006, i have bought the album and i am very happy that i did it, this is pure madness.
i enjoy all tracks, wonderfull production, cpc has really good ideas on producing music and we also have some goa elements on this one.
this album begins with an amazing riping ears track - boom tequilla!
track nr.3 balamut is also very twisted!
i mean, you can hear this cd, from track one to the last, because all of them are superb.
THE track that made me buy this cd, was the last, because it is a great tribute to another marvelous producer, who unfortunatly has passed way, and is music delight for the ears.
Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Jan 12, 2007 20:23
yes defently it´s a must have album. One of those that you don´t skip any track. very good work of CPC hope for more of this kind of.           to use your head you have to go out of your mind
PsYcH0naUT

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 12, 2007 22:42
CPC best music artist EVER
after intense listening sessions i still have to say nothing reaches Uber den Angst (on a scale from 1 to 10, it is infinity) because its one flowing journey of madness. But no doubt Double Bouble is a marvellous album, 10/10 for shure, every track is a killer. serious and REAL psychedelic music for twisted minds and easily the best solo artist album 2006!
Never stop Vlad!
Sunai

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jan 12, 2007 23:15
Defently one of the bests of 2006

11/10
scobbah
Kiriyama

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Jan 13, 2007 12:27
I really, really like this piece! It has everything that I look for in a psychedelic trance album - it's a continuous deranged story where one's never able to guess what's coming up next. I completely loose myself to the music when I hear this, which is one of the things why I started to love psychedelic trance in the first place...

Great work , CPC!
           Aural transmissions from the deep forests of Sweden
www.dvsmrecords.org - 'Patterns II EP' by Silent Horror out now!
Electrip
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 13, 2007 13:19
oh dear.. i'm a true psychedelia and dark lover, but this album is horrible.
what the hell..

i really liked psykovsky's album for instance which had a wierd mastering, but this album mastering is poor and it's not adding any mystery..
pure kick and bass, and the only sounds that are added are annoying, i won't give it a grade..

sorry.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 13, 2007 15:28
Quote:

On 2007-01-13 13:19, Electrip wrote:
oh dear.. i'm a true psychedelia and dark lover, but this album is horrible.
what the hell..

i really liked psykovsky's album for instance which had a wierd mastering, but this album mastering is poor and it's not adding any mystery..
pure kick and bass, and the only sounds that are added are annoying, i won't give it a grade..

sorry.

Sorry? Well, you either have a faulty stereo system or there's something wrong with your ears. Mastering in this album is fine, except maybe for the last track which could have been a bit better, but otherwise this is perfect stuff. It might not be the most sophisticated mastering in the world, but it certainly isn't bad or faulty by any means.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

Electrip
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 13, 2007 21:47
Quote:

On 2007-01-13 15:28, Acidhive wrote:

Sorry? Well, you either have a faulty stereo system or there's something wrong with your ears. Mastering in this album is fine, except maybe for the last track which could have been a bit better, but otherwise this is perfect stuff. It might not be the most sophisticated mastering in the world, but it certainly isn't bad or faulty by any means.

the mastering bothers me less.
what bothers me the most is the lack of dynamics, i mean it's soooo monotonous it's disturbing.
i'll even take it further, i do like monotonous tracks, but as long as they interst me, and the loops are convincing, in this album it's not the case.
i keep hearing the dirty bassline (maybe it's because my sound system is too good for this album)
the fluffy kick being overwhelmed by the bassline.. the sounds of the leads are annoying as mosquitos that come too close to u'r ear.

BUT, i do think CPC gaind enough reputation for me to cut them a slack, and for people to like that album, even though it's sux..
scobbah
Kiriyama

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Jan 13, 2007 23:23
The moment a producer does something different compared to most of the stuff that's being released at a particular time, then it's either flaws regarding the mastering or the production...

Reminds of when Psykovsky's album was released and some were stunned about a few moments on the album where there clearly were well considered surprises which were on purpose from the producer's side... again, it was "mastering issues"...            Aural transmissions from the deep forests of Sweden
www.dvsmrecords.org - 'Patterns II EP' by Silent Horror out now!
All...

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jan 14, 2007 00:57
Killa album. Killa style. Sooper Mega Acidelic. Definitely the best album of 2006.
Electrip
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 14, 2007 03:09
Quote:

On 2007-01-13 23:23, scobbah wrote:
The moment a producer does something different compared to most of the stuff that's being released at a particular time, then it's either flaws regarding the mastering or the production...

Reminds of when Psykovsky's album was released and some were stunned about a few moments on the album where there clearly were well considered surprises which were on purpose from the producer's side... again, it was "mastering issues"...

if u'r referring to me, please read my first comment.. if u'r not referring to me, have a magical day.
PsYcH0naUT

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 15, 2007 00:00
dude the kick/bassline is the fuckin best! it is so round, so deep, so trance inducing and clearly adds the tryp dimension.... the shamans drumming....
boring my ass
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 15, 2007 00:09
Quote:

On 2007-01-13 23:23, scobbah wrote:

Reminds of when Psykovsky's album was released and some were stunned about a few moments on the album where there clearly were well considered surprises which were on purpose from the producer's side... again, it was "mastering issues"...

Oh well, shows that some people just can't understand good music, right?           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - CPC - Double Bouble (Manic Dragon) (c) 2006

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance