Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - *Cosmosis - Synergy* 1998 (A Classic !!!)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

*Cosmosis - Synergy* 1998 (A Classic !!!)

*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 05:41
Bill Halsey AKA Cosmosis and Mumbo Jumbo has razzled,dazzled and sometimes crippled us with his astounding array of psychedelic weaponry. But now its time to pay homage to the classic psytrance cd. And for this nothing is more apt than...

Cosmosis -Synergy
Released in 1998
Transient Records.

I shall try and give you a glimpse of what goes through my mind as i enjoy this explosion of psychedelic music.

1. The Ultimate Sin
A fantastic opener it starts out with the classic swirl of old skool letting you know what treats ur in for. Swirling swirling, up up and down and with a light beat and occasional snare, a funky little 'tan-tada-tan-tada-tan' and a very trippy distorted voice and before you know it your off. The track is based primarily on the swirls and his ability to twist and turn them into any direction he wants. It ever so slowly glides into finish with some percussion and a voice sample that ends with " .....deeper, deeper"

2. Intergalactic Flouro Funkster.
This track has a massive, smooth bass that just envelopes you and the mood is set. Your in a dark cave surrounded by growling goblins who make you move as they are,, a jump, a shake and snap, a head turn this way..a that way.. .Half way through the track he starts puttin on the pressure with some trippy ass tweaks which wrench you around like a ragged doll. A pause and a super build up and than instead of a predictable explosion he twists you through another worm hole. Grinding, grinding and the house is on fire.

3. Spores from Space.
A silence which is broken only by a growly voice sample that sounds ominous and dense. A smashing of drums also accompanies it. The beat shocks you out and soon your on the path of psychedelia cosmosis style. The pace has picked up considerably and now there's no going back. He makes use of the classic Goa tweaking and arranging it in such a way that its perfect worm hole music. I feel like im hurtling through space with this music and it just gets better. He breaks it down with a sample "the drama is internal", a rat-ta-tat-tat and your back in space but this time with a vengeance.

4. Moonshine
This track opens up with a hurry. It starts with sweeps of cosmosis magic and a repetitive sample of a flute thrown in.
This track is a no nonsense sort of track with many acidic plunges happenin all over. WARNING: Must be Seated!!! This track will show no mercy and needs to be played loud to be truly enjoyed.

5. Higher Access
Once again cosmosis shows why he's respected worldwide as an artist. He shows of his talent with a slower paced track.But If you thought you could catch your breath, dont bother. This track reminds me of riding through Goa at breakneck speed on a moped. Just the right amount of spinning and splashing of noises leaves you feeling euphoric. Wheeeee!!!

6. Tune on, Tune in...
"The use of Hallucinogens can be traced back to prehistoric times when the Aboriginal people utilised hallucinogens as an integral part to give them access to the mid"...
A lot more mechanical this track with repeated samples of a voice saying 'tune on.. tune in'. He makes use of the synth early in the track to take u for a ride into cosmic oblivion. The glide gets better as you hear the first sounds of the melody driftin in. Lots and lots of acidic noises and an interesting way of using the drums. This is a deep, mixed up 'feeling like i am in a trance' kind of track.

7. Down at the crossroads.
Starts out with the sound of crickets and a crow or two , but wait before you think this is anything like the above. This is the ultimate guitar track with classic riffs.. very Woodstock and classic cosmosis acidic spirals and 'take u up..up..upp.' and 'down..down ..down'. You cannot healp but smile when u listen to this track. Just the sunrise is needed !!

8. Big Bang Boogie.
Cosmosis ends of with a banger, which i suspect he does just to show us whose boss. This is body rocking music. Just keeping your balance is an achievement. Ever seen those people on the floor and you said' "Wow.. whats he on". Well this track is more like " ..Can i get some of that".

THE END !!!!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed yourself. ..
Next Matsuri Comp. V.A Let It Rip

~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
acidity
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 08:54
I am not much into Old School (got into Psy like 8 months back) but I will give it a try.

Ummm....there starts my DC++           Discover.Vote.Share() - http://www.beamto.us
Gopendragon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 09:45
wow great review,I dont have this album but I remeber that cosmosis was playng great music!!!           ~~~~~~~namaskar~~~~~~~~~
After the End,a new Begining startS..
Shaqattack
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 10:13
i only heard of cosmosis a few months back...and thanks to u mr *KC* ..and the dudes music has such an impact..whoa..cant tell u...and everytime i have played reorder..anywhere..be it a party or a friends place anywhere..it always has a huuuuuge impact...

dammit i have reorder as my ring tone my my mobile

thats how much i like that track...

well now since i dont have this album will try n get it from somewhere..if its as good as what i think it is...we got a new champion in my books

peacE
psyreviews
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  71
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 11:34
STILL one of the best psytrance albums ever I reckon.

at the time, Lionel Vinyl reviewed it in Wax magazine and said it was "psychedelic trance of the highest order." Still correct

- - - - - -
Make Skazi History: http://www.psyreviews.com/clothing
Together, we can make a difference
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 15:27
Yep, a good album. Much better than his album before this one, which (to me) was boring and bland beyond belief. But this... it's great. Moonshine is a classic I'll always remember.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
antic

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 15:46
God! It's been seven years already since the release of this album and it's still on top of my the-best-psytrance list.

The music's complicated, multi-layered, acidy and twisted; with very fresh ideas and musical hooks. Every track there tells a story (explained in the booklet). It's very groovy and intelligent music.

Yep, this is one of the very few psytrance CDs I can call "music"...

10/10
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 19:34
@psyreviews

hey damion, i was gonna send u a link, coz i just knew this was up ur street. But hey, here u are

@Gopendra

Baba, than for the kind words.. im on a Old Skool review spree, so watch out for more 'very-hard-to-get' old cd reviews.

@Shaqattack & h2so4

I cant stress enough the quality of this cd. Every track is top-notch.

... Watch out for more soon.

Peace

~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
Outolintu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 19:53

i don't have that many goa or psy cds left in my collection anymore but this album still holds it's place easily.
almost every track is a classic filled with good memories.
great album!
Dai
IsraTrance Junior Member
Dai aka Amatti

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 21:28
Spores from Space,
I still remember that track blew my f**kin' mind.Yes, this album is one of the best goa era music. Bilbo always closed this set with Down at the crossroad...           Tell me what you listen, and I'll tell you what you are.
http://www.brainbusters.info
http://www.psytribe.com
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Sep 30, 2005 23:50
Definitely best Cosmosis album and also one of my top10 favorite psy albums ever. My copy is already scratched because of the massive abuse and after it passed so many hands throughout the years. The first 3 tracks are the highlights. Deep, funky, groovy and uber-psychedelic. And the cover art + sleeve are amazing. As usual with Cosmosis.
          Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Gopendragon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Oct 5, 2005 22:38
is it possible to find that album in the stores?
or I have to ask my goatic friends if they got it?           ~~~~~~~namaskar~~~~~~~~~
After the End,a new Begining startS..
Lux
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Oct 6, 2005 15:58
Fantastic album but my favourite one is Cosmology, his very first album with one of the best covers for me.

Whenever I listen to it it brings back so many memories.

Cosmosis is definitely one of the best psytrance acts for me.
          Don't hope 2 much 4 something cause u may end up getting it...
Saylum
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  73
Posted : Oct 6, 2005 17:41
Gopendra, if you would like to get this album, you can give a post about it in the 'Equipment and music creation' section.
          Peace & Love!

´·´*¨ ¯ ¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯
¸.·´* "Love.. Patiance.. Understanding.." / Trust In Trance"
Mothershabooboo

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 7, 2005 15:13
yo according to saikosounds theres a cosmosis release due oct 7 .. has some familiar tracks on it...

dunno if track 8 is old or new but its bloody awesome

whats the deal with this? 2 albums in 1 year?
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - *Cosmosis - Synergy* 1998 (A Classic !!!)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance