Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Promotional Releases - Coming Spring 2007 - New Cosmosis album...

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Coming Spring 2007 - New Cosmosis album...

Bagginz
Cosmosis

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Mar 13, 2007 04:28
Coming soon on Holophonic Records

http://www.cosmosis.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=73&Itemid=50

Now at last, the eagerly awaited new album from Cosmosis Psychedelica Melodica is ready for release.

After releasing the popular and successful Trancendance album, Cosmosis has spent much of the last two years touring and playing worldwide at parties in places such as Brazil, Mexico, Australia, Canada, South Africa, Israel, Russia, The United States, Japan and all over Europe.

Cosmosis now returns with a stunning collection of powerful quality tracks in this, the sixth Cosmosis artist album to date.

Overall, the music on Psychedelica Melodica emphasises melody more than the previous record Trancendance and yet manages to combine that with a deep psychedelic sensibility - hence the title. Psychedelica Melodica also majors in rubbery basslines and throbbing dance grooves often at times with a liberal dash of funk.

All this is presented with the state of the art production level as well as character; that rare element that distinguishes artists from the artisans and which in this case makes the music uniquely identifiable as Cosmosis in a genre in which tracks often sound formulaic.

Bill says:

"After finishing my last album, I took some time out to listen to some of my old favourites tunes and analyse what I liked about them. I listened to both mine and other producers tracks. I realized that many times what I'd enjoyed were the often understated melodic figures. All too often what was missing in much modern trance for me was any kind of melodic structure."

"While I still do love textures and weird shaped noises, that alone in the complete absence of any kind of melody often sounds barren and soulless. For me the challenge was to create an album of intensely psychedelic dance music, but also to carefully blend in some more melodic and emotional aspects in a subtle enough way so as to not turn it into a complete cheesefest. It's quite a tricky call to do it in convincing way... I guess in some ways I've gone back to my roots, but don´t expect the Cosmosis sound circa 1996, this is quite different, the kick, grooves and the psychedelic aspect are far more in your face... "

"...also I created and produced the music for the album with a commitment to quality and excellence, which I believe is even more important in this world of disposable generic tracks valuing quantity over quality. I didn't let anything pass that I was not 101% satisfied with. This obviously took more a lot more time, but I wanted to make an album that I could be totally satisfied and at peace with... "

And there doesn't appear to be any dodgy tracks padding the album either. All the tracks have distinct personalities. Each track been carefully and precisely crafted as only an experienced psy-trance producer with over twelve years of record releases and live and DJ performance under his belt can.

The experience shows.

In a scene where the music tends towards the generic, it is indeed rare and refreshing to hear an artist with an original voice.

Destined to become another must-have Psy-Trance classic.

Track List:

1. No Such Thing (Throb Factor Five mix)

2. Creature From Outer Space

3. Metaphysical Worlds

4. Dance of The Cosmic Serpent

5. Life Between Lives

6. Martian Blues

7. Journey Of The Soul

8. Spanish Gypsy

Released on Holophonic Records

Distributed by Arabesque Distribution - London http://www.arabesque.co.uk

Tel: 00 44 (0) 20 8992 7732

www.cosmosis.co.uk

Webshop: http://cosmosis.bandcamp.com
psypras
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Mar 13, 2007 08:06
thats great news indeed!
mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : Mar 13, 2007 09:16
yeah , very nice
Morbidelic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Mar 13, 2007 11:45
hoo yeah one of the biggest acts in the scene

new cosmosis album must check it out

all the best with it and keep making magicall waves....

good luck           Happy Happy,Joy Joy.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-Morbidelic/642401392473366
guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Mar 13, 2007 13:56
I'm looking forward to get this album.
Bill is the king.
Avivz
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Mar 13, 2007 17:17
Goodluck!! looking for that one.
Bunker Jack
Bunker Jack

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Mar 13, 2007 21:08
best of luck to this one...

i will never forget the vibe at boom festival when you was playing man...

boombolé!

psyshanti
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Mar 13, 2007 21:30
oh yeah the set @ boom 2006 was exciting.

cant wait for the album.good luck
Sunai

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Mar 13, 2007 22:14
Cant wait 4 this album,all the best in the world...Cosmosis rulz!
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Mar 14, 2007 07:53
This should be a treat. Waiting...           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Perma Fry

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Mar 14, 2007 11:39
good luck for the release
waiting to hear from the master of morning blasterzation. Keen to hear what this is guy is up, want to hear as soon as possible

kudos to all involved
respect
Bagginz
Cosmosis

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Mar 16, 2007 01:08
Hello everyone,
actually although the music for the album is finished, in hindsight it was a bit optimistic of me to assume a spring release as I didn't factor in release queues.

After communications with my distributor it appears that June 6th will be the best official release date.

My apologies if the delay is a disappointment for you.

Best wishes,
Billy Cosmosis

www.cosmosis.co.uk

Webshop: http://cosmosis.bandcamp.com
Ah-sid

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 16, 2007 10:30
im sure its gona b a heavenly album from the pioneer of psy trance : )
psionic nomad
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  253
Posted : Mar 16, 2007 12:45
sooper
waiting for moi goodie this june then.....cosmosis all the way :muahahaha:

z1P^
Megalopsy

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Mar 16, 2007 17:14
ahhhhhh fu** yeah!!!

=) groovy Bill, thanks for the good news
we will be wait what we have to wait...           (www) DarkPrisma.com.ar/ ~ FranticNoise.com.ar/ ~ Megalopsy.com.ar/ ~
providing shamanic euphoria until the end of the days!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Promotional Releases - Coming Spring 2007 - New Cosmosis album...

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance