Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Charasmatix - Abracadabra (Candyflip Records 2004) CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Charasmatix - Abracadabra (Candyflip Records 2004) CD

DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Apr 21, 2004 19:26
Charasmatix - Abracadabra

Cover: http://www.saikosounds.com/covers/CDCF010.jpg

Format: CD
Artist: Charasmatix
Title: Abracadabra
Label: Candyflip Records, Greece
Cat. #: CD CF010
Date: April
Year: 2004

Track listing:

01. 07’50” Norm @ All
02. 08’44” Crazzy
03. 08’24” Silicon Sally
04. 08’13” Abracadabra
05. 06’51” Heile Welt
06. 07’25” Collateral Damage
07. 07’04” Naec
08. 08’22” Furthus Ultimux
09. 06’49” The Acid Test

Review:

Dunkle psychedelische NachtTrance aus Deutschland!

Two years after the critically acclaimed “Soma Agents” (last proper release from Flying Rhino… R.I.P.) Germany’s dark psycho trance duo Charasmatix is back! The Berlin based powerhouse duo consists of Martin Schoenauer (DJ Aze) & Karl Rademacher (Cybersnack) has been making music in different guises since the early 1990es… We got a taster of their 2004 sound on the Wizzy Noise “Timeline Remixes” EP a few months back, and now their back with a full album mastered by Mark Pfurtscheller a.k.a. Kopfuss Resonator… I don’t know about you, but I’m expecting this to be dark, pounding, progressive, groovy psy-trance with a touch of German psy-teKk… Do they need magic spells to make an album like that? Let’s find out…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Is this the norm at all? Well, I hope so, ‘cause this a damn fine first track! Instantly we are greeted by a deeeeeeeep baseline: mechanical, metallic, pounding – amazing! You remember the ragamuffin voice sample from Aircrash Bureau’s “Time Traveller” track? Well, it’s revived here and it fits perfectly – it all adds to the funky, yet dark atmosphere in this track! Very cool track!

#02: This is crazy – with the extra z! The intro is very weird – I think it’s the Kopfuss Resonator impact showing here… At first I get an eerie jamboree feeling, but it soon turns into dark, dusty house… With an underlying psychedelic groove present throughout the track! It’s topped of by subtle insect-like humming hidden in between everything… I have a hard time digging this track though… It’s just too crazZy for my taste! Decent track!

#03: Another clever play on words… Brace yourself – these are some dark German Stampfenrhythmen. The dark trademark Charasmatix-sound in full effect… Not much else is going on but some serious head banging night trance… Ok track!

#04: Oh my, it gets even darker now… We’re getting even closer to Halloween trance now, as this track is packed with horror-effects: Screaming, moaning and other evocative sounds… The bass pumps along at and incredible speed followed by psychedelic FX… Somehow dark and spooky, but my head is still bopping along… Cool track!

#05: Healing world? The speed is slower now, and the bass is tucked away in the background… Emphasized are the classic ‘psychedelic digital drips’ and some dude talking with a bizarre accent… The track is packed with all kinds of psychedelic effects, but somehow it doesn’t seem to go anywhere… Decent track!

#06: “Meet – the nice sound!” As far as I know, this track was made in collaboration with Zerotonine and released last year on a Tatsu comp!?… Correct me, if I’m wrong… Anyway, a nice peaceful intro is brutally disrupted by a very heavy bass… This is really a percussion track, with clever use of kick-drums, hi-hats, snare, cut beats, etc… Somehow they manage to sneak a melody into this dark track… Well, it’s a dark melody, but it’s there nevertheless… Ok track!

#07: What ‘the National Association of Elevator Contractors’ has to do with trance is beyond me!?… This is another extremely dark track with an evil pounding bass line… Check out the cool ‘acceleration bit” @ 3’15… I like small surprises like that, and this track has a few of them… Nice track!

#08: Damn, now this is a cool intro… I don’t know if it’s a guitar or a chain saw! Skazi eat your heart out! It’s very, very dark night trance… Perfect for head banging – and complimentary headache included! You better have your audio equipment set up properly for this massive wall of sound to come through properly! Repetitive, industrial sounds make this a gritty beast! Sweet track!

#09: Nostalgic track name ;o)… If you were hoping for a chilled track, forget about it… This is more Charasmatix mayhem... The pace has slowed down though – but just a little… It’s still dark and monotonous, but the nice percussion work and the funny samples somehow add to the overall groovy feel… Nice track!

In my humble opinion there are a few misses and a bunch of winners on this album… The flow is somewhat interrupted by the lack of coherence between the tracks… If the more experimental tracks came first, followed by the darker ones, this would have been an even smoother experience… That flaw does not however, ruin the impression of a very nice album… I’m sure this will turn some heads and appeal to the many fans of Charasmatix and their trademark sound… Recommended!

8/10

Favourites: 1(!!), 4, 7, 8

DeathPosture

External links:
Candyflip Records: http://www.candyflip-records.com
Saiko Sounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4012 (Audio samples available!)
Chaos Unlimited: http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.asp?LR=CFRCD10

[Note: Look out for this in the shops very soon!]          On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
Anak
Anakoluth

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Apr 21, 2004 23:21
neat!!!! very anticipated in here.....only thing that makes me go nuts is that they are releasing collateral damage the third time now (over a period of 2 years). not necessary imho...           Anakoluth A Pebble in Your Eardrum's Shoe since 2001!
http://www.myspace.com/anakoluth
http://www.ektoplazm.com/profiles/anakoluth/
http://cronomi.com
CLAW
CLAW

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Apr 22, 2004 04:10
Well done to the ppl of Candy for bringing such an album to the surface of the listeners... Well done guys and a big bravo to Charasmatix for this incretible release...           • Noize Conspiracy Records •
http://soundcloud.com/c-l-a-w
https://www.facebook.com/CLAW.cy
thinman242

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Apr 22, 2004 15:47
CHARASMATIX-ABRACADABRA
-------------------------------------------------------------
TRACKLISTING
----------------------------
1.NORM@ALL
2.CRAZY
3.SILLICON SALLY
4.ABRACADABRA
5.HEILE WELT
6.COLLATERAL DAMAGE
7.NAEC
8.FURTHUS ULTIMUX
9.ACID TIME
--------------------------------------------------------------
A long awaited album finnaly released from CANDYFLIP RECS.
Martin Schoenauer & Karl Rademacher is behind this project which thei first album Soma Agents(2002)
was released in legendary Flying Rhino and it was a big success.
This new step now is a very careful work from these guys who have their own unique style something between
clear techno to tech and psy trance.

1.Opening track is a dark techno track with a kick that really kicks you.The bassline here is off and all the track is full of drums snares hi hats and clever samples, and in the beggining theres a melody that reminds me aTim burton film
2.Theres nothing crazy in this track.You can say that this is the continue from the first but the bassline now is on.
A clubby track a fat kick that prepares you for.....something.A good track
3.The happiness of party animals. a continuing bassline a trancy kick and an industrial mood in this track.
Robotic samples makes you feel the technocracy ofour times. Future techno is here.
4.A tribal techno track with some psy trancy sounds (not too much).Full on moods nice cuts and drums gives the track a label(for night sets).
5. One of favorites.The voice of the track in the beggining reminds me the" sheep on drugs".
same style like 2 and 3 but more deep.Razors are flying in this track but with no harm.
6.The bassline in this track is in the upper levels and the kick is down.It makes you feel like the bassline is making rounds inside you.a minimal full on track.
7.Thats the tech psy trance track of the album.Perverted acids and sounds for ...........acid1:).Buta again not too much.These guys have meter for what they do here. Clever samples ,screams and strings that brings me to head 007
soundtrack.
8.A techno psy industrial track and a continuing;) razor that may harm u if you don't be carefull.
9.The final track promises that " to be continued". a tech track again(ohh i llove these samples) with clever human samples and a smoother bass.

A really great work and all the tracks are really worked very well and carefull.It deserves the attention by dance music junkies. The tracks are good to very good. 9/10
The only think that can be better is the cover art.It just doesn ' t fit to the style.
aje
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Apr 23, 2004 12:35
question: how fast is it in bpm terms, its not 145, right?           Check out my album: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/gay-satanic-hippie-tiefenrausch
Alex Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Apr 23, 2004 12:43

bpm range : around 138 to 145
kukan-dub-lagan/ItaiTaiko
kukan-dub-lagan/ItaiTaiko

Started Topics :  144
Posted : May 18, 2004 17:43
Charasmatix - Abracadabra

Format: CD
Artist: Charasmatix
Title: Abracadabra
Label: Candyflip Records, Greece
Cat. #: CD CF010

Cover: http://www.saikosounds.com/covers/CDCF010.jpg

sound smaple : http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4012

Track listing:

01. Norm @ All
02. Crazzy
03. Silicon Sally
04. Abracadabra
05. Heile Welt
06. Collateral Damage
07. Naec
08. Furthus Ultimux
09. The Acid Test

Review:
1.this track start with deep bassline and nice sample and great break.i liked the most the groove bassline that push this techno track forwerd.great prc include,and listen to the sample in 3-50(i just crazy on this rasta sample):-] great open
2.crazy track.dark with great fx in it.i liked very much the bassline here include the crazy sample.this one can feet any set for play-one of my favourite in that album.
3.this track start with women sample and nice perccusions...very nighty dark track.great bassline.just love to listen to it in a big PA system---it will rock the place for sure
4.next track also start with perc.you can add to it also a nice fx with claps:-]gear smaples all the way in this track with this horror night dark feeling--you feel the magic of the abracadabra:-]
5.maybe the minimal track in this album.great sample on 3-10.from than start to be a little psychedelic with nice atmosphere touch.
6.the atmosphere from the track before continue here into a dark sample and move to push forwed bassline.great drums in it---i felt like all this track build on drums that finish with a nice sound sample
7.here like all the level took one up.great base to this track.i like the hihat here.dark one that i can play in the early morning also.the atmosphere here is nice and the fx also.
8.nice start to this track...all the tam tam in the backround is great with the combination of the fx.groovi bassline and this track even include a nice melody in the end that feet to this dark style of this album.
9.the album finish here with perc track and again nice sample.it is just a western style track.all the way full in sample with fx and perc.i like this end

so i can say that for my personal taste -this c.d is great dark style with nice tracks for all.
i can hear a lot because my favourite style his dark style even techno.
i sure that everybody can find a something to listen in this album
it is the darkest from candyflip i think and i hope to more in that style on the way.
charasmatix gave me here something that i knew allready that they know how to do
magic-abracadabra
cheers and enjoy
peace           Check out my music page - free music , new style and more :)
elctrojinj

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 25, 2004 13:38
sound like an album that need to be listen
Dovla
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : May 31, 2004 00:10
Charasmatix – Abracadabra
Label: Candyflip Records

Charasmatix are not a new name on the scene but they have been away for quite some time. And after some pretty weak releases from Candyflip, this one brings high hopes.

1. Charasmatix - Norm at all (7:50)
The first track on the album starts off without too much of an intro. Right away we have a dark bassline and kick drums. This is the style that is perfectly suited for candyflip. It’s mechanical, electronic and very dark. The track is very repetitive but the background keeps changing all the time. Around the middle there is a cool voice sample and we get a really cool bassline which adds more groove to the track. Overall it’s a pretty good track.

2. Charasmatix - Crazzy (8:44)
The track starts with a really annoying sound of flies buzzing. But again we get a really dark and powerful kick and bassline. After some voice samples the track gets a really dark and evil atmosphere, but the flies really annoy me too much. Besides that we have a sort of housey structure with a decent amount of psychedelic sounds. It’s a very slow track but a good one. A bit too boring for me though but a good track all the same.

3. Charasmatix - Silicon Sally (8:24)
After a longer intro we get a really fast buildup and the track starts with a really technoish feel to it. We get those insane hi hats and again, a really dark bassline. I’m still not a big fan of this type of sound just like I wasn’t during the first candyflip releases. But it’s just perfect dancefloor material. And having to listen and review such a dark track is always hard to do at home. Near the end the track gets some really great distortions and it just goes wild with loads of percussive layers.

4. Charasmatix - Abracadabra (8:13)
Now this is fantastic. I hate the fact that lately tracks which have the album title usually end up being one of the weaker ones on an album. So I’m glad to say that this is probably the best track on the album. It has an almost full on structure and the bassline isn’t that hard so it leaves room for other elements. Lots of distortions again but they are not as dark as in some previous tracks. It also has a nice driving feel to it and some tribal drums as well. One other thing that is really great is the amount of effects. All in all it’s probably the best track on the album because of the fact that the background is well balanced with the rest of the track elements.

5. Charasmatix - Heile Welt (6:51)
Again we have a bit weaker kick drum and the track is also a bit slower than some previous ones. It’s filled with lots of psychedelic effects and some voice samples but somehow they aren’t as interesting as in other tracks. The track just doesn’t go anywhere even though there are some driving elements to it. The sounds don’t change much and it just drives that way to the end.

6. Charasmatix - Collateral damage (7:25)
A long intro again, after which we have a rolling bassline and some really great tribal sounds. It has tons and tons of percussions and a pretty good melody as well. Even though most people like this track it doesn’t cut it for me, especially since it’s been released a long time before. A good track but somehow sounds outdated in comparison to the rest.

7. Charasmatix - Naec (7:04)
Now this is a groovy track. Again we have a really nice and dark bassline which wasn’t present in the last 2 tracks. It also drives you really nice but the main thing are the really great effects which blend so perfectly with the background. The acid style kind of reminds me of some of tristan’s tracks with only the bare essentials and that fantastic driving feeling. I guess this track also has a sort of full on feeling to it. There is a break in the middle, the acid sounds get their 15 seconds of fame and track moves on again. Some nice voice samples also come in and give the track that necessary depth. One of my favorites for sure. Great track!

8. Charasmatix - Furthus Ultimux (8:22)
I think this is the fastest track on the album. Again we have some really nice acid sounds and a nice rolling bassline. It’s very repetitive and has some really great high hats and overall great percussion work and some really good tribal drums as well. It’s also one of the more complex tracks on the album since the acid sounds remain in the track all the time. The acid sounds get a lot more intense as we get closer to the ending. Another fantastic track for sure!

9. Charasmatix - The acid test (6:49)
The last track has a really nice groove and again, some great percussion work, it kind of starts where the last track left off. Again we have some really nice acid sounds and nice voice samples which are chopped up really good. There is also a pretty cool melody which just makes this track complete. Great way to close the album.

The album has a couple of bad tracks that somehow seem out of place here. But the rest are just fantastic and bring back the style that candylip started off with. The cover is also a bit different from the style on the album but it’s a nice one. All in all a pretty good release that goes in the right direction.           DJ Dovla | Interchill Records, Flow Records
www.dovla.info
Slater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  131
Posted : Jun 24, 2004 18:09
Charasmatix - Abracadabra (CF010)

Label: Candyflip Records

http://www.candyflip-records.com

01. 07’50” Norm @ All
02. 08’44” Crazzy
03. 08’24” Silicon Sally
04. 08’13” Abracadabra
05. 06’51” Heile Welt
06. 07’25” Collateral Damage
07. 07’04” Naec
08. 08’22” Furthus Ultimux
09. 06’49” The Acid Test

Charasmatix was one of the leading projects in last moments of well-known label Flying Rhino where also its debut called “Soma Agents“ was released in 2002. Two years later the progressive label Candyflip records from Greece is taking over Rhino´s work and releasing the second album of this already quite famous German duo (Martin Schoenauer & Karl Rademacher) called “Abracadabra“.

First thing that should be mentioned is that new album is definitely not going to be disappointment for any of Charasma´s fans – its still the same stumpy sound with rolling bassline and well-used percussions. From typical Candyflip proggy tunes such as „Norm@All“ to night time dancefloor killers („Naec“, „Furthus Ultimus“…), there is always dark atmosphere and very raw feeling. Together it could be described as synthesis of psychedelic sounds with groovy tech-trance without any touch of melody or smooth sounds.

I really do not want to talk about the tracks separately – they all together make a compact record very different from all the tunes I have listened to in last few months. In my opinion Charasmatix beats its older releases and although its definitely not a music for everyone, I believe this record will find it´s place in both dj cases and home listeners collections. Together with great remix of Wizzy Noise´s „Timeline“, this is a wonderful comeback of these German wizards.

pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jun 24, 2004 18:26
I’m a huge fan of ”Soma Agents”, and must admit that I was somewhat disappointed with “Abracadabra”. Perhaps it’s because it pales a bit in comparison to all the other great releases lately.

I miss the feeling I still get when I hear “Soma Agents”. They do try though, but it doesn’t capture me the same way. Not that it’s a bad album though; I just think it lacks something.

But thumbs up for sticking to the darker side

7/10          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Jun 24, 2004 18:28
i found this album a bit too slow and boring for my taste. i was waiting for something to happen that i guess didnt... i dont really know Charasmatix sound before this, so i cant compare.. i think the Wizzy Noise rmx they did on the Wizzy Noise Timelines Remixes cd is much better, but i am afraid that is due to the fact that they rmxd a track of Wizzy. sounds are very clear, but i did not like the build or the feeling i got from this cd.
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
elctrojinj

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 28, 2004 02:38
if you like more hard style and into the tech more this album is great
ramy(spiritual world)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Jul 13, 2004 05:23
ABRACADABRA.....name is nice..album was also killaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

!!..BOOM SHANKAR..!!
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Feb 10, 2006 17:23
Just bought it

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/org/org1cd904.html I'm a sucker for good deals

I took a listen to the samples, and it seemed very twisted.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Charasmatix - Abracadabra (Candyflip Records 2004) CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance