Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum  Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - CDREC-11 VA-Future Sound Theory 2
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

CDREC-11 VA-Future Sound Theory 2

DjSchofield
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posts :  1050
Posted : Apr 24, 2008 00:30
Is this cd mixed like the first one?
damon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  88
Posts :  2122
Posted : Apr 24, 2008 01:15
After 1st listening I'm kinda dissapointed. Was expecting groovier, heavier sounds .... dunno ... maybe I should listen to it few more times ...           http://www.chillumafia.com
DJ Chet
Inactive User
Started Topics :  3
Posts :  18
Posted : Apr 24, 2008 03:47
Unmixed as far as I could tell from my first listen... pretty dissapointed as well. Otu of all the release on Celestial, this is the only one to make me put it backon the shelf as a "might list to it another day". The first in this series had a great mix of broken beat and dubby goodness. This one seems to float on the edge of "might be" good ambient but doesn't quite become good, a few dub tracks. All in all I'd say go get the RDM album instead, as there are many nice compilatons alread out this year (Max. Chillroom and Materia Musica come to mind).

Surely for something so long in the works Matt B could've delved in and found a few deeper tracks?

No offense to the artist's, it is merely a poor follow up to what was a sweet as first compilation.
damon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  88
Posts :  2122
Posted : Apr 24, 2008 04:57
I didn't like the 1st "Future Sound ..." that much either ...

Waiting for "Ask The Dust" now ...           http://www.chillumafia.com
koalakube
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posts :  437
Posted : Apr 24, 2008 13:43
Quote:

On 2008-04-24 00:30, DjSchofield wrote:
Is this cd mixed like the first one?



Nope,it is not mixed
koalakube
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posts :  437
Posted : Apr 24, 2008 13:49
Quote:

On 2008-04-24 03:47, DJ Chet wrote:
All in all I'd say go get the RDM album instead, as there are many nice compilatons alread out this year (Max. Chillroom and Materia Musica come to mind).

No offense to the artist's, it is merely a poor follow up to what was a sweet as first compilation.




Hey THanks for the feedback and reccomandation to go and buy the RND album instead ^.^

Im sorry you are not liking this compilation,but seeing what you rate as nice compilations,I understand what could be your taste.

So,for anyone looking for a new psy-chill,psy-dub,pseudo-dub,chill out compilation....well this is not probably going to work for them.



mb
damon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  88
Posts :  2122
Posted : Apr 24, 2008 16:44
Quote:


On 2008-04-24 13:49, koalakube wrote:

Im sorry you are not liking this compilation,but seeing what you rate as nice compilations,I understand what could be your taste.

So,for anyone looking for a new psy-chill,psy-dub,pseudo-dub,chill out compilation....well this is not probably going to work for them.





I was hoping this is gonna be similar kicking ass compilation as "Devil in the Details" on Interchill

I'm just hungry for heavier stuff right now ;D (you should record one of Bass Science live sets and release it ).           http://www.chillumafia.com
damon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  88
Posts :  2122
Posted : Apr 24, 2008 18:23
Quote:


On 2008-04-24 13:49, koalakube wrote:

So,for anyone looking for a new psy-chill,psy-dub,pseudo-dub,chill out compilation....well this is not probably going to work for them.




I listened to it on my way to work this morning ... it's actually very chilled out ...even too chilled out ....

          http://www.chillumafia.com
Pete Pan
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posts :  83
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 01:47
I just got this disc in the mail today and I've got to say this is the most refreshing collection of tracks I've heard in awhile (not just saying it cause of Greek Opium being on it either) Matt did a great job of bringing together some really abstract and cutting edge stuff. I can see how some of the other posters might not like it...but if you are reading the posts and haven't yet checked it out please don't let them stop you...not everyone wants their chill to be in the state of evolution that matt percevives and pulls off with this album...this is a really great comp. and I think most people will be pleasantly surprised with the fresh sound. I still listen to alot of traditional psy chill /dub stuff like dakini and androcell/ott vibe and really love it, but at the same time what I like to hear and play is stuff like matt has brought together here....very yasume meets far-i wearing an aluminum foil helmet meets ishavara on good crystal meth...anyways the point I was shooting at is give this release a listen to its really worth it...           Lobogistic labs
(Shaman Graduate)
koalakube
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posts :  437
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 04:23
Quote:

On 2008-04-24 16:44, damon wrote:


I was hoping this is gonna be similar kicking ass compilation as "Devil in the Details" on Interchill

I'm just hungry for heavier stuff right now ;D (you should record one of Bass Science live sets and release it ).





Well its like saying how comes apples dont taste like oranges?

^.-
damon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  88
Posts :  2122
Posted : Apr 29, 2008 19:01
Quote:


On 2008-04-29 04:23, koalakube wrote:

Well its like saying how comes apples dont taste like oranges?




I don't think so

When I mentioned "Devil in the detail" I was referring in particular to tracks by Oah, Gaudi, Vibesquad, Bigeneric ... - stuff that gives an extra kick and makes you move your butt Basically I was lookin for more danceable stuff, not chill hehe.

Quote:

On 2008-04-24 13:49, koalakube wrote:

So,for anyone looking for a new psy-chill,psy-dub, chill out compilation....well this is not probably going to work for them.




I think your compilation has all those elements you mentiond above - you just have to replace "psy" with "glitch"

PS. I want moar Bass Science
          http://www.chillumafia.com
koalakube
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posts :  437
Posted : Apr 30, 2008 01:22
Quote:

On 2008-04-29 19:01, damon wrote:

When I mentioned "Devil in the detail" I was referring in particular to tracks by Oah, Gaudi, Vibesquad, Bigeneric ... - stuff that gives an extra kick and makes you move your butt Basically I was lookin for more danceable stuff, not chill hehe.

Quote:


Besides the fact to some people a glitch macarena may appeal more than to others,
Ever thought that in life ,the purpouse of things are sometimes different from what you expect?




On 2008-04-24 13:49, koalakube wrote:

So,for anyone looking for a new psy-chill,psy-dub, chill out compilation....well this is not probably going to work for them.




I think your compilation has all those elements you mentiond above - you just have to replace "psy" with "glitch"

PS. I want moar Bass Science




We obviously have a different idea of what is psy and what is glitch,and I can live with it ^.^
koalakube
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posts :  437
Posted : Apr 30, 2008 01:31
Quote:

On 2008-04-29 19:01, damon wrote:

When I mentioned "Devil in the detail" I was referring in particular to tracks by Oah, Gaudi, Vibesquad, Bigeneric ... - stuff that gives an extra kick and makes you move your butt Basically I was lookin for more danceable stuff, not chill hehe.




Besides the fact to some people a glitch macarena may appeal more than to others,
Ever thought that in life ,the purpouse of things are sometimes different from what you expect?



Quote:


On 2008-04-24 13:49, koalakube wrote:

So,for anyone looking for a new psy-chill,psy-dub, chill out compilation....well this is not probably going to work for them.




I think your compilation has all those elements you mentiond above - you just have to replace "psy" with "glitch"

PS. I want moar Bass Science

[/quote]

We obviously have a different idea of what is psy and what is glitch,and I can live with it ^.^
damon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  88
Posts :  2122
Posted : Apr 30, 2008 02:47
Quote:


On 2008-04-30 01:31, koalakube wrote:

Besides the fact to some people a glitch macarena may appeal more than to others,
Ever thought that in life ,the purpouse of things are sometimes different from what you expect?

We obviously have a different idea of what is psy and what is glitch,and I can live with it ^.^




You're right


PS. Instead of silly discussion bring your ass to Chicago ASAP!

PSPS. Your partner in crime Nalepa will be here on 5/31! Can't wait to get another glitch lesson           http://www.chillumafia.com
koalakube
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posts :  437
Posted : Apr 30, 2008 04:29
Quote:

On 2008-04-30 02:47, damon wrote:
Quote:


On 2008-04-30 01:31, koalakube wrote:

Besides the fact to some people a glitch macarena may appeal more than to others,
Ever thought that in life ,the purpouse of things are sometimes different from what you expect?

We obviously have a different idea of what is psy and what is glitch,and I can live with it ^.^




You're right


PS. Instead of silly discussion bring your ass to Chicago ASAP!

PSPS. Your partner in crime Nalepa will be here on 5/31! Can't wait to get another glitch lesson





No no lets keep on discussing this instead, so I can keep the thread up on this forum ^.^

cant wait to be back in Chicago!
Will hit the west coast 1st week of July,hopefully something will come up for me around that time.
Trance Forum  Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - CDREC-11 VA-Future Sound Theory 2
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon


Copyright © 1997-2019 IsraTrance