Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Candy (Candyflip, Jan. 2003)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Candy (Candyflip, Jan. 2003)

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Feb 3, 2003 11:37
Candy (Candyflip, Jan. 2003)
1. Charasmatix- Society FX (pumping pad remix) 6:41
2. Synchro & DJ Nina- About Time 5:57
3. Kuro- Matrox 7:06
4. Sententia- Progress Stop 7:37
5. Drone- In Search For 9:37
6. Igneous Sauria- Tarnkappe 8:12
7. Phacelift- The New You 7:26
8. Bent Sentient vs. Pied Piper Paul- Malice in Blunderland (Starpine remix) 7:21
9. Loopus in Fabula- Panflo (funcked remix) 9:38

Candy is the second compilation of this young Greek label and it is by far their best release so far. Quality release from the special cover (no plastic) through the artwork and the music of course. A blend of smooth groovy progressive trance with depth and power with some exception, but read on.

The compilation starts airy and floating with the first two tracks, which just blend perfectly into each other. Both Charasmatix and Snychro & DJ Nina with powerful caressing atmospheric pieces that get my body moving and mind flowing. Then Kuro is back with one of the most hypnotic track I've heard in a long while- Matrox is just totally hypnotizing. Nothing more to say. I just wish Kuro would release more. Then its time for some Greek stuff and things get a bit rougher- Sententia with groovy techy rhythm tricks dipped in floating pads. Drone with hypnotic dark catchy tribalistic tune with great darbukas, another of my favorites here. Igneous Sauria goes into more psychedelic realms with great jumpy groove drowned in metallic voices calling you from the other side. Dramatic and demanding first half, relaxing in the end, a bit of an anti climax really. Phacelift with The New You, sorry but can avoid saying this- this track needs a facelift. A bit immature I think. Then things get confused a bit. It's Malice in Blunderland remix next, the original released on the first compilation from Candyflip- Etsi. Hectic and quite psychotic track, very special and I quite like it, but can't help feeling its out of line here. The crazy Loopus follow that line and end the compilation. Now, I love Loopus in Fabula, they're probably one of the most original and interesting acts around- but their production still needs work. The track itself is amazing, weird, musical and fresh, as only they can make, but again it's hard for me to enjoy it like this.

Bottom Line: One of the best compilation I've heard in a while, until track 7 things are pretty much perfect, then get a bit confused, but still this is an excellent release, highly recommended, and stay tuned to Candyflip. Favorites: 1, 2, 3(!!), 4, 5(!), 9.

---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

cyberdelia
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Feb 3, 2003 18:22
Great stuff indeed! 1,2,3,4,5,7!!!!           BE HAPPY!!!
Juppiter is the protector of our solar system!
KosMos
Drone

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Feb 6, 2003 03:11
shahar... you forgot to mention the "Candyflip" sticker inside the pack..!
          in search for an answer...
psydark_light
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Feb 6, 2003 09:02
-Charasmatix- Society FX (pumping pad remix) - nice...

-Synchro & DJ Nina- About Time - too deep for me.

-Kuro- Matrox - good power for the night ! my fav track from this lame compil.

-Sententia- Progress Stop - somee nice grooves around I like this one .

-Drone- In Search For - semi nice or nice (not sure)
-Igneous Sauria- Tarnkappe- a bit housy too , but still nice untill things get messed in the end.

-Phacelift- The New You - again house matter. anyway some nice effects here. I hate the bassline WTF! house cluby !

-Bent Sentient vs. Pied Piper Paul- Malice in Blunderland (Starpine remix) - progry , too much games loosing sense , not my cup of tea.

-Loopus in Fabula- Panflo (funcked remix) pretty nice track , the quality sound isn't good ,but I like it somehow.

overall : most of the tracks are house , cluby ..whatever u want to call it.
bad concept , few good trax , few bad (actually not fit for psy).

favs: 3, 9

rate : listen examples before buy 6/10
          what if everyone of us will think positive about peace ?

DJs can fly!
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Feb 6, 2003 14:32
The invasion of the house sound into the trance scene continues, but very proffesionally done. All in all, I pretty much think Shahar covered it all.

Favorites: 2, 3(!), 5, 8, 9(!)           http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
psydark_light
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 6, 2003 15:47
Quote:

On 2003-02-06 14:32, kaz wrote:
The invasion of the house sound into the trance scene continues, but very professionally done.

there is no such a thing "invasion of the house to trance" !
the only thing u have house in this compilation (and others) it because the label or the artist don't know nothing about psy !
this is what I think .
I can't understand it other since house has nothing to do with psytrance !

DJs can fly!
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Feb 6, 2003 16:04
I said that there is a strong house influence here, mostly in the groove side of things, in case you haven't ever heard house music - it's easy to feel the housy grooves in nearly every track in this compilation. The offbeat bass+smooth hihat+clap in between combination is the "classic" house stomp groove. It's used in trance a lot. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I just comment on the fact that it happens. And said my favorite tracks (KURO and Loopus in Fabula tracks).           http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
psydark_light
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 6, 2003 16:21
KAZ buddy, heh

read my lame review above...
u will notice that I notice the housy groove in it.

and I hate when it happen !

DJs can fly!
GuyShanti
Aerospace

Started Topics :  112
Posted : Feb 16, 2003 12:52
Great compilation - flowing' groovy and very focused.

Candy - u should get free promo

G           http://www.myspace.com/aerospacemusic

Aerospace – Re Entry EP on beatport.com
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/276014/Re%20Entry%20EP
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Feb 16, 2003 23:24
The more I listen the more I like. Again, not many CDs can claim 6 solid great openers...
          ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

GuyShanti
Aerospace

Started Topics :  112
Posted : Feb 17, 2003 13:25
Shahar - one more cd can claim that - Think Synch

G           http://www.myspace.com/aerospacemusic

Aerospace – Re Entry EP on beatport.com
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/276014/Re%20Entry%20EP
Alex Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Apr 10, 2003 17:55
I normally do not comment on other peoples' reviews on our releases...I respect different opinions but can't help in holding back in commenting this time. (even with a delay in doing so, since I am a new member in this list)

This compilation has nothing to do with house music, it is smooth deep groovy psy trance music combined with some psy funky trax...the fact that it is not noise-polluting headbanging stuff over 145bpms with samples from sci-fi films or drug-related samples does not make it house music...IMO it would be great if house music sounded like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Apr 10, 2003 19:07
Alec man, dont worry theres no war between the genres

A
Alex Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Apr 10, 2003 19:37

I know amigo, I don't want to insult anyone- it is just that personally, I do not like house music at all !!!

A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Apr 10, 2003 20:11
no worries man

A
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Candy (Candyflip, Jan. 2003)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance