Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - :::Burning Man 2005:::Psytrance @ Synapse Village
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

:::Burning Man 2005:::Psytrance @ Synapse Village

damon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  88
Posted : Aug 25, 2005 04:51
Sounds good enough
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Aug 25, 2005 07:41
yeah there will be trippy music to be had every night. Thursday and Friday expect the roof to go off in fractal shards.

I think this is a more erm.. precise lineup for Thu and Fri:

Thursday:

10-midnight - TBA
Midnight-6am - Fractal Dylalien vs. Alien Mental vs. Amanda
6am-noon - Solomoon and friends

Friday:

9-11pm TBA
11-1am - Xyla
1-3am - Ghreg on Earth
3-5am - Zik
5-7am - Penta (Sunrise set)
7am-noon - DiMiTry and friends

this schedule is valid for playa time only.
          ..it's just another party..
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Aug 25, 2005 22:37
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you
this lineup makes me want to cry it is so fucking good, no seriously, there are tears in my eyes!!!!
i cannot wait for this nite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
Lauryn
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Aug 26, 2005 00:13
>7am-noon - DiMiTry and friends

...will be part of this in spirit! hehe..

Sooooo wish I could be there, but y'all are on the other side of the country! I can't complain too too much tho, I saw Zik dessstttrroyyyyy the place at Rhakti Dei a few weeks ago, and I'll be rockin out to Penta this weekend. STILL. its not THAT night and yes, THAT night looks to be supercrazymakingmecryitssogoodiwishicouldbethere           ~gOa ist nicht nur musik sondern auch eine lebenseinstellung~
http://www.peakrec.com/
http://www.myspace.com/djlauryn
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Posted : Aug 27, 2005 05:57
ps. Friday is skeleton night! wear it if you've got it, mwah ha ha ha           Bringing Dreams to Life!
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 7, 2005 01:45
omfg, what an amazing time - Friday night was the best night I've ever had at Bman in 6 years.

full review coming soon.           ..it's just another party..
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 8, 2005 01:39
So this is my take on this year's psytrance at Burning Man. I spent most of my time at Synapse and our amazing Jagged Sound System (by far my favorite at Burning Man this year!). Our best days were Monday with Waater, me, Solomoon, and others, Tuesday - Amber from Apollo's Lute started the night with a bouncy dark set, followed by Jagged Sound's own Parallax with a very dark, pounding selection. Mikey Fisher took over with a set of psy-breaks, and I finished the night and welcomed the sunrise with some uplifting goa. We had a solid crowd throughout the whole night, and same with Wednesday when Parus blew everyone away with their amazing opening set. We had some tech-psy for the rest of the night, and Schmid-E finished up with a happy progressive morning set. We were definitely the preferred spot for sunrise, with very nice crowds collecting as the horizon started to get light, and dancing sometimes all the way until noon.

Thursday night was windy and difficult for us - Dylalien and Amanda got sick during their set and had to leave, and some of the artwork got blown down. But on Friday everything went back to normal. Diogo from Boom Fest started out the night, and a crowd quickly formed helped by his awesome track selection. He was followed by Zik/Matutero who played the most amazing dark set of the whole festival. I am looking forward to his upcoming albums, his music is not to be missed. By this time we had a solid crowd going, and a tribe of firedancers for eye-candy. Miranda followed with a selection of her own dark tracks as Xyla and some fresh DJ picks from Kdd, Xenomorph, and others. Outstanding set, which led straight into Penta's sunrise set.

I've heard Nikita play several times before, but this one was definitely a crowning achievement. This was pure magic - a 5-hour epic set which took us through sunrise and into the morning, going all the way until 10 or 11 am. He played mostly his own tracks - both the ones from his new album (it's even better than his first, get it!!!), and remixes of his old and unreleased tracks. He kept a huge crowd all the way till the end, and had people crying on the dancefloor, and I certainly had quite a few revelations listening to his music. Thank you Nikita for an unforgettable performance!!

Dylalien and Waater finished off with an excellent morning psy selection.

Saturday I wanted to check out Trancendance, but ended up DJing on a double-decker bus with a kicking sound system. We drove around Black Rock City followed by a crowd of dancers, and everybody who got on the bus kept saying it was the best music they'd heard all week. Hopefully this is something to be repeated next year. Psytrance will be back at Black Rock City next year, I am sure.

We took a few pics, they'll be uploaded soon, stay tuned..

question: I heard Infected Mushroom played two sets at the Burn - Tuesday morning and Sunday night after the Temple Burn - can someone confirm this?

Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Posted : Sep 8, 2005 02:01
friday nite/saturday morning was one of the best dancing experiences of my life. yipeeeeee! i am left speechless and full of life.
whew, i needed that...           Bringing Dreams to Life!
ratdog

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 8, 2005 03:19
Friday Night - Matutero

I just have to say that this man is amazing..... the breakdowns were incredible.....

I fell over confused, reeling on the ground...... sober too!

some really bad pics at:
http://www.hick.org/~ratdog/pics/bm05/Matutero/

also Xyla rocked it right afterwards..... def nice to hear some of the san fran sound... us east coasties never get to hear it.
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Posted : Sep 8, 2005 07:19
whoever took pics on fri/sat please post them, someone was taking lots i remember...           Bringing Dreams to Life!
Eklypz

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Sep 9, 2005 22:09
how did skeleton night go? That sounded too cool.
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Sep 9, 2005 23:33
i got some pics in, and getting more. they'll get posted soooooon, I promise!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - :::Burning Man 2005:::Psytrance @ Synapse Village
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance