Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Bubble - Airless (Mushy Records November 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Bubble - Airless (Mushy Records November 2005)

TrancEisT
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  127
Posted : Nov 15, 2005 16:06
Cover: http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/msh1cd001_b.jpg
Artist: Bubble
Album Name: Airless
Web Address: http://www.mushyrec.com/
Release Date: November 2005

Review:
Bubble are Guy Sernat and Karen Bagdasarov.
Two talented Israeli artists who brings us something we are already familiar with, an album with 7 Full On-ish tracks and another down tempo chill track to seal the album.
But another thing Bubble does with this debut album is to show us that it's not always the way the message is being hand over that counts, It's what the message contains that counts.

Bubble brings us the familiar package of a Full On Album but this album is different...
From the moment you press play you notice something different, something good...You suddenly recall Infected Mushroom in the back of your head,Infected like they used to be,The infected i loved and grew up on.
But this isn't about Infected ,This is about Airless, A great Full On album with the twist i love so much: Beautiful Pianos, Powerful Electric Guitar Riffs , Synthesized Vocals , Groovey breath taking brakes , Angelic melodies and many many sounds i have missed so much.

Track 1 - I'm Looking (7:20)
Great track which starts up slowly with a classical guitar that makes you hang around and drift till suddenly the cute little guitar turns into a powerful electro riff which follows the beat building up and a synthetisized female voice singing (Cities of the future style).
The track keeps going and sounds overall mellow yet it has some power elements ending up with the amazing acoustic guitar from the 2 first minuets.

Track 2 -Storytails (7:50)
Very nice track with a strong dramatic opera feel and a solid kick and bass.
Turns a bit more uplifting later but still keeps the dramatic theme to it.

Track 3 -Class X (7:44)
Another piano themed track which sounds much better. 4:31 and on.... highlight of the track and one of the albums.Great melody and psychedelic candy here.

Track 4 -Blinch-Ass (7:01)
Pancakes anyone??? "Blinchess" is the Hebrew word for it, and here with a little pun we get blinchASSSSSSS and one kick ass track! Very nice track with lot's of ups and downs which will keep you dancing hard.Nice Basses and breaks.For some reason this track too has a "end" feel to it... like it wraps up something...

Track 5 - Airless (8:17)
Another track with the same concept, this one is less uplifting and sound quite like the rest but with a darker feel.
4:40 -BOY!! what flash back from classical mushroom , Sailing the Sea of Mushrooms i believe it was...
A bit too familiar... but very well done.

Track 6 - Quan2 (7:16)
Ok, Here we go ladies and gents!
A twist in the plot.
"I have to take you with me! I have to take you so you could see!"
Starts off with a male like sample, i bet on one of the guys recording himself.
This is a cool and powerful track with a thumping kick and bass.Wich many brakes and a very nice atmosphere.

Track 7 - Bubble in panic (7:35)
Yalla... Balagan.
Kicks off with the familiar feel of the album you have already got used too but suddenly it turns a switch and the party starts.Higher Tempo and more cut to the chase style Full On. Gotta love the Xylophone sounds which also, by surprise reminds me of Infected.

Track 8 - Karamell (3:34)
A nice track which is sad yet leaves you with some hope...
Down Tempo Chill with a strong bass and kick.
Just like i like it.

Bottom Line:
If you liked infected's Classical Mushroom and like non commercial fullon you will love this.
The resemblance in many tracks to the Infected Style is amazing.

Very nice album , It's different yet the same.
Suits both Full On Fanatics and people who are not.

Easy listening and nice. No milestone or C.D of the year but it has it's charm.

Favorites:
1,3,4(!),5(!!!),6,7,8

Written by Ron.

I like Trance, so i am called The TrancEisT. but hey... what about people who like Rap? what are they called?
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Nov 15, 2005 17:28
good album. light happy music in a psy way!           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Nov 21, 2005 09:37
Mushi Records is a brand new psytrance label based in Israel. Here they are out with their first release, which is the debut album by a duo called Bubble (Guy Sarnat & Karen Bagdasarov). They mix live instruments with pumping trance.

Bubble "Airless" Mushi Records 2005 (MUCD001)

1. I'm Looking
2. Storytails
3. Class-X
4. Blinch-Ass
5. Airless
6. Quan2
7. Bubble In Panic
8. Karamell

The first track throws us right into full on vibes, but a little bit different than usual because of a lot of guitar and some vocals. A little bit too fluffy for my taste, but nice with some change. Track 2 is a pretty interesting stumpy track, with some jazzy piano sounds. We also get some intense full on melodies here. Israeli full on in a new way. Reminds me a little bit of some old Infected Mushroom tracks, but in a more jazzy way. The melodies are again a bit too fluffy for my taste though. Track 3 goes the pumping direction too, here with some classic piano! Interesting, but not exactly my cup of tea. Track 4 goes even more jazzy. Jazz and full on is not a mix you hear often... Here we also get some psychedelic guitar play. Track 5 with the album title is my favourite track on this album. Quite drifting, massive track. Still some fluffy vibes that goes way over the top, but not bad anyway. Again, I get very much Infected Mushroom feeling by this. Track 6 is a bouncy track with pretty cool beats. But, we get some vocals and melodies here that ruins it a little bit for me. Track 7 is also one of my favourite tracks here, with some really nice, crispy sounds. You also get less cheese in this one, and more funky vibes. They finish the album with a relaxed track. Here we get jazzy vibes and dubby beats.

It is quite easy to hear that this duo is inspired by Infected Mushroom. Still, they have found their own way of doing it. Pretty interesting to hear that they mix in jazzy influences, which is not something you hear often in full on psytrance. Some of the sounds and melodies in many of these tracks became too fluffy for my taste, but I’m sure some of you Infected people out there will enjoy some of these tracks anyway. Bubble is probably a duo we will hear more from in the future.
PKS

More reviews at:

http://www.trance.net           CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
vanghoul corperations
Ellis Van Ghoul

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Nov 21, 2005 15:20
helloha....

verry nice cd...respect

good sound and gr8 melody i shurly loved it
guy and karen nice one...

i loved all the the tracks...

elad...the vanghoul's
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Nov 22, 2005 18:43
hmm... Sounds interesting. Just bought it. I havent heard one sample. But my tummy sais "buy it!" .. Hope it will suprise me in the positiv sense.
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Dec 7, 2005 18:08
You people lied to me, I want my money back!
Run Lola
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Dec 7, 2005 22:48
Quote:

On 2005-12-07 18:08, Kire-naj wrote:
You people lied to me, I want my money back!

a dear friend sent me the Album, i listened to it once and liked it a lot, but the second time i listened to it, found it pretty average, nothing very exciting, but still it s enjoyable..

good for a first release.

SHAMIL
Invisible reality

Started Topics :  87
Posted : Dec 9, 2005 17:34
Good CD indeeed           Invisible Reality (IONO music)

www.soundcloud.com/invisiblereality
www.myspace.com/realityinvisible
www.facebook.com/Shamiligor
sundrop
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Dec 10, 2005 05:54
really enjoying this one
nice and refreshing sounds
the melodies make sense

definitely is very playful like IM
Electrip
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Dec 13, 2005 18:23
this album is pure FUN, after all the dark realeses and shitty full on, this is so refreshing and fun.

totally got me!

the first track is my favourite
----Dawn----
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Dec 13, 2005 21:18
Fairly good album. Some of the melodies don't really go anywhere but overall it's still pretty intellectualpropertytheftastic!

My favourite track has to be 'I'm looking with Kadafi'.
          Am i the only one who believes in solipsism?
MercuryFall
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Dec 30, 2005 20:29
i reckon it makes a nice little home listening. The eighties winks are fun, but com'on, stop the hype!!!!

This has nothing to do with Infected Mushroom (except the name of the label is Mushy). All tracks have the same basis, it's rather dull in the end.... And well, i feel it lacks depth... Sorry guys, just didnt make it for me...
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Jan 23, 2006 13:43
this disc is one of the best cds in the year 2005 and also one of the best ever. since vibe tribe melodrama it is most intersting work for me though there were many excelent releases. thanks guy and karen plz do not come apart and continue with your style. it is tremendous. good luck.           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Jan 25, 2006 11:38
Quote:

On 2005-12-30 20:29, MercuryFall wrote:
i reckon it makes a nice little home listening. The eighties winks are fun, but com'on, stop the hype!!!!

This has nothing to do with Infected Mushroom (except the name of the label is Mushy). All tracks have the same basis, it's rather dull in the end.... And well, i feel it lacks depth... Sorry guys, just didnt make it for me...

Thank you
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Feb 15, 2006 17:25
Offtopic in the topic

Quote:

On 2006-02-14 01:55:00, guy bubble wrote:
hi kire-naj
its guy from bubble
im realy sorry you didnt like our albom
if you want your mony beck
you can send the cd to p.o-box-28157 Jerusalem Israel
and we will send you your mony
i hope will do better next time
cheers..man
and sorry agin

Oh no Guy, please, don’t make me feel all bad inside. When I said that I didn’t like it, I meant I and not in general. Because the album is beautiful and professional, but it lacks the excitement and weirdness that a psychedelic album should have. I love the production, and I love the heart. But the baseline kills me and my interest of listening to the album. Taste differs and this wasn’t my taste. But to the baseline. It ruins it all for me. Absolutely ruins it. There's nothing bad about it pr say, it's just that it's to boring and annoying. Once again, my taste.
Return it? Man, I don’t know your intentions, but this must be the sweetest and most humble PM ever. I appreciate it a lot, but no thank you. I bought it, and I stand by it (money is not the issue here). To be honest, I got two original copies of your album. One that I bought, and one that I got for free as a promo. I will keep one, and trade the other one when I get the opportunity. As a hobby DJ I think your album is worth the money. I can use a couple of the tracks as "fillers" in my sets. No problem. ..
Man, I feel so bad and sad now after writing short posts about my feeling concerning your album. I should write a better response so that people wont get me all wrong.
Become more "bubbleishes" in your music. lol (I don’t know what that means) - Still, to this day, I haven’t really listened to your album as much as I should before judging it. But the whole baseline irritates me to death each time I try.

Maybe another listen today then?

Peace and love my friend. No bad feelings, only good vibes
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Bubble - Airless (Mushy Records November 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance