Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Iberia - August 11 to 15 th of 2007 *Shamanik Festival*Portugal
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

August 11 to 15 th of 2007 *Shamanik Festival*Portugal

Neurologic
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Aug 14, 2007 14:14
Quote:

On 2007-08-14 00:17, g/\8! wrote:

ahhhhhhh i forgot....thats the text that you read when you open the page

dÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ??????????????????????

pure energies .....i seee

Letter of the producers of the Xamanic Festival

Franceses, Portuguese, Brazileiros and Espanhois in co-criacao continues...
168 hours for the opening of portoes of the Festival that takes you to the deep one of our varios Soul Occidental
Coletivae Xamans, Russos and Brazileiros estao to abencoar this Festival and to send its energies sagradas.Teem run
rumors of that nao we give as producing or that nao we have the capacity stops for the Festival of pe...
Nao and verdadePelo I oppose... we were stolen by collaborators who nao had had the courage of being tie the end...
This 'e the Festival of the wizards and 'e I need to have courage....
for leading ties fimComo said had stolen in un car, money, had run away and malevolos rumors with lies in net lancaram and foruns
Vamos process los, ja judicially that in them they trousseram serious problems
and they had denigrated the Festival and organizacao!Por this the Festival atrazou a bit and for in having them stolen muito.Nao we desistiremosVamos to make a inimaginavelNeste festival moment the festival this to be mounted... decoracao arrived of Franca.
Os 000 Artists estao to arrive at festival100 wats of sound estao to arrive of camiao of Francaas iron structures and wood estao to be montadas.Continumos to emit tickets of aviao for the Artists capsizes to all touch of the side of the Mundo.
Podemos to assure you that the energies vao to be the purest in this Festival of Magoscontinuando musica and sacred proporcionamatraves of tresses Universal
Nao wants to be we comerciaisSabemos our value as ProdutoresE we know the experiencia Xamanica Esperamos for voces in dances it floor

babbel fish rocks looooooooooooooooooool
DeluDe

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 14, 2007 14:28
yeah but it works a hell of a lot better in the hitchickers guide, the web babelfish is a disgrace to Douglas's memory!

ps: well at least is psychedelic           DeluDe on www.divinemusictribe.com

"Does anyone knows who might have any trance to sell at this drug party?"
d1m1tr1
Dark Elf

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Aug 14, 2007 15:31
complete mess... better for those who didnt came, unlike us hehe...

me, orestis, darkshire and drury n'evil are near lisboa till 16th morning...

if there's any private party we can play or go near, just tell us

phone: +306974483604, use sms please

cheers

btw: portugal is nice, and the shamanik was shit           http://darkelf.gr
http://www.sonic-loom.com
palex
Palex

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Aug 15, 2007 21:21
LOLADA!!           

keep music evil!!
g/\8!
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Aug 18, 2007 02:43
http://hotornot.com/r/?eid=AEAYKQE-FMP

maybe you find thats really info mate(posteraser) or are you friend of him?
g/\8!
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Aug 18, 2007 02:47
this previous post was because the other post in the festival section was blocked....no one was ofending him but the way he did the things

enough for today

gabi(spinning since 96)a newbie
keirasun

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 18, 2007 15:16
This is Keira, girlfriend of Nelson (Mind Distortion System). I'm really sad to see the quality of the discourse on this thread, especially from people who weren't at the festival. I certainly don't want to add fuel to the fire, but maybe some factual information will help lower the flames....

Nelson and I were already in Lisbon, visiting his mother (he's native Portuguese), so, even though we could tell there were going to be problems with the festival (based on his attempts at communication with the organization), on Wednesday we drove to Avis anyway - to see what was happening.

We were at the campground where artists and security BOTH stayed, when security arrived. So, we saw everything unfold, from beginning to end.

That first night, it was just Nelson and me in our apartment (after that, we had a total of about 20 artists and technicians sharing a 6 person apartment, until the end). There were 64 HUGE security people. About 20 stayed next to us that first night. They were French speaking - as is Nelson, so we understood a lot. Like when 1 security guy hit one of the few (3?) female security...because she called him "a motherf**ker, and nobody insults my mother like that." I mention this so that you understand that this was a rough and tough security crew - who were angry on arrival that they had not received any money.

It is hard to understand why JP, knowing what he did about his financial situation (sound not paid, staging crew not paid, artists not paid, location not paid, etc!!!!) allowed THAT MANY security to come. Clearly he did not have the presales to guarantee he was going to be able to take care of 60+ security (let alone ANY OTHER EXPENSES), and he should have considered that this could lead to his own PHYSICAL HARM.

For all the times we met and talked to JP, he was desperately trying to make it all work. Of course, responsibility for the whole situation goes back to the organization. 4 color, double sided drink tickets - 2 different kinds (one for staff, one for public). 6 (I think) color embroidered armbands for the entrance?!?! He wasted a lot of money up front on stupid things, and then had no money for the stuff that really mattered. So, okay, you can blame JP, and a lot of people suffered - from artists who were not only not paid, but some of them paid their own transport - airline tix from as far away as Japan and Russia. And the people who came to enjoy....who paid transport and entrance. Very sad.

But, I am as certain as a person can be that JP was NOT in collaboration with the security - we heard the security discussing the financial situation, we had our rooms searched BY the security, looking for money. We saw an entrance worker crying and shaking, as the security took over control of the entrance after intimidating her. And 6 members of our group saw JP's beaten body after he was no longer "in custody" of security (call it kidnapping, call it what you want).

We also know from the camping restaurant that before the security departed, they went to the restaurant to pay their bill. Because for 3 days the security had NO money and the restaurant was feeding them. The restaurant manager said that the person from security pulled the money out of a huge pile of money. So, security did get some money from the organization. And paid a bill they owed, which shows some sense of "fairness" on their side. If I have understood correctly, JP is taking legal action against the security; in addition to money, cameras, phones and equipment were stolen from artists. I will say that in our room, with all the artists (there were MANY!), we had at least 15,000 Euros of equipment (laptops, keyboards, etc), and NOTHING was taken - even though they insisted on searching our room and knew what we had. I think this is because we were "neighbors" with them from the beginning, and had spoken with them, even helped some of them with rides to/from the festival. I think that there was an order to leave us alone, thank goodness.

It's sad to think that of everyone who needed to be paid, the only ones that got any money where the ones who used violence (and then ppl on this forum, wishing violence on JP....just as sad).

This is exactly what they have seen in experiments with rats - the more evolved and intelligent rats find out smart ways to get food, but the physically stronger rats just attack them and take the food. So, in the end, the less intelligent rats are the ones who survive. What does this say about the future of our planet? Is violence always going to win? If so, the end-game is self-induced extinction, my friends.

As far as the music goes - almost all the dark stage artists who made it to Shamanik stayed in our room. On Friday night, no-one played, because all were still owed money for flights and/or payment for performance. And we still had hope. On Saturday night, we knew there was NO MONEY and NO HOPE - and still at least 500 people at the party, dancing and full of good energy - the vibe at the festival was, surprisingly, always very GOOD!! ;-)

So, on Saturday, the dark stage artists decided to play, and I must say, it was a great night. All agreed that the festival-goers DESERVED the best possible experience. It was an insane line-up and a super vibe. We'll try to get some footage up on YouTube in the next weeks - most sets were filmed (except, unfortunately, Drury Nevil).

For those of you who were there for that magical night, here's the line-up (times might not be exactly right, but artist sequence is):

11.30 - MUKTISVARA (Russia/USA - Lycantrop)
01.00 - Mind Distortion System (Belgium/Portugal - Trishula, Lycantrop)
03.00 - Septagram (Darkshire and DarkElf: Greece, Helicon Sound System, Disco Valley)
05.00 - Orestis, (Greece, Tantrumm, Mighty Quinn)
07.00 - Drury Nevil (Greece, Mighty Quinn, Tantrumm)
09.00 - Paolo (Italy, Goamantra) - police stopped party during his set :-(

Finally, I would like to say that the actual person who kept the festival going as long as it lasted was Marcus, DJ for Nabi Records, who with his sound and light engineers (Nathalie and Oury), worked around the clock for DAYS, keeping the music going...from finding artists to play, to all the technical details. Merci, merci.

And, to the wonderful woman I met who kissed my 8 month pregnant belly...please, please get in touch! We would love to have the picture you took of us while Nelson was playing. His myspace is:
http://www.myspace.com/minddistortionsystem

We're glad we could help so many people, and know that if the situation were reversed, all of you would have done the same for us....sometimes, it's not easy to know right from wrong, or what to do, but in circumstances like this, it was clear we had to help each other.

Boom to all. Stay positive!

…………………………………………………
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~ ~ Chief Seattle

Go to the truth beyond the mind. Love is the bridge.
~ ~ Stephen Levine

Ankur
Ankur / Virgin Suicide

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Aug 18, 2007 21:08
first of all thx to u and nelson and the rest who made it possible to have atleast 1 night of party and good sound in this fucked up party!
u did good!

but reading ur text one question comes up for me: why sould somebody bring secruity from more then 2000km if he dosent trust them 100% ?
this dosent make any sence to me there is enough secruity companies in portugal and for sure more sirious ones then this ones i saw there, just the money its cost to bring them all down from france is alot....

i think u got fooled and iam pretty sure JP worked togehter with them riping of the money from all this freaks!

and even if not (what i dont belive) JP is resposible for what happens and only him!

boom boom
          Freqs of Nature Festival 2012
http://freqsofnature.de
Lost Theory Label DJ
http://www.losttheoryrecords.com/
Makatun

Posted : Aug 19, 2007 03:04
My Shmanic Experience

My wife and I got there on Sunday evening. We found out that festival is off on the bus to Avis, since it was too late to go back to Lisbon we decided to camp there anyway. Thanks to JP ticket line was trashed by the time we got to the festival, so it was free. Music was still on but only one floor (may be we didn’t find Chill floor). Some full on artist was playing. We was happy about the music but disappointed about the full on because we came there for dark. May be an hour later dark started. One girl put on the lineup

32:30 Muktisavara (Live) - TDC Productions – New York, USA
1:00 Mind Distortion System (Live) – Trishula Records – Brussels, Belgium
3:00 Septagram (Live) - Dropout Productions / Helicon Sound System - Grece
4:30 Orestis (Live) - Tantrumm Records / Mighty Queen Records - Athens, Greece
6:30 Drury Nevil (Live) - Mighty Queen Records / Tantrumm Records - Greece
8:00 Darkshire (DJ) Mighty Queen Records - Greece
9:30 Paolo (DJ) - GoaMantra Records - Bologna-Italy

Times probably shifted during the night.

Muktisvara 2 guys from NY started the dark night with awesome DJ set. It was not Live due to technical mess thanks to JP. Followed by Mind Distortions System with strong live performance. We thought that we will take a rest before Orestis but Septagram couldn’t let us sit. Orestis, my wife loves you just for the Lambada part . Drury Nevil we were listening from the tent because we were too f---ing tired to stand. We went sleeping smiling.  If a person understands at least a little bit in Dark Psy he will tell you that it was a night of INCREDIBLY AWESOME dark psy music. I found out that artist were playing for free thanks for JP. More over, they organized themselves and assembled a line up. I think these people from around the world care a lot about what they are doing, and it is nice to see that music is valued a little bit more than money. Great respect to each an every one of these Musicians. Organizers, if you will book these people they will come not to earn money but to play music.

We were woken up 4 hours later by the police officer who told us that we have 15 minutes to get out. I don’t regret about enormous amount of time money spent on that so called “festival” only because of that night. Thank you guys: Musicians and people who appreciated the music. Extraordinary esthetical experience.

Sunrise Emotions
Sunrise Emotions

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 19, 2007 22:14
la la la ...another bastard...that sucks...keep it underground..thats the only way ...

dmaence

Posted : Aug 19, 2007 23:18
well!! i was there until the end!!! i enjoyed a lot the last night... and i dont like much dark... anyway, was a very inspirating night hehe...

i hope jp leave the trance scene.

And... because my english is very hard to understand i will say in spanish...

Muchas gracias a todos los que os lo currasteis tanto esa noche aun sin haber cobrado... se agradece vuestro buen hacer!!! fue un verdadero placer estar alli con vosotros hasta el final!!!

Gracias!!!
@pne@

Posted : Aug 20, 2007 15:34
Quote:

On 2007-08-19 03:04, Makatun wrote:
If a person understands at least a little bit in Dark Psy he will tell you that it was a night of INCREDIBLY AWESOME dark psy music. I found out that artist were playing for free thanks for JP. More over, they organized themselves and assembled a line up. I think these people from around the world care a lot about what they are doing, and it is nice to see that music is valued a little bit more than money. Great respect to each an every one of these Musicians. Organizers, if you will book these people they will come not to earn money but to play music.

We were woken up 4 hours later by the police officer who told us that we have 15 minutes to get out. I don’t regret about enormous amount of time money spent on that so called “festival” only because of that night. Thank you guys: Musicians and people who appreciated the music. Extraordinary esthetical experience.

no doubts for my friends
          @pne@ Double Trouble
www.kgbeach.tk
@pne@

Posted : Aug 20, 2007 22:10
and lambada part is from mario's side proj. so it was still septagram

killer track !!!           @pne@ Double Trouble
www.kgbeach.tk
vril-gia

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 23, 2007 00:42
shame to the organizers of this festival...
the bus from lisbon left us at avis...
and we have to walk a distance about 4 km by feet a to go to the festival area.
tha place was fantastic and people who went there realy open minded but this guy that organize this festival i dont now what to say...shame on you
cheer"s to all people tha went to shamanik
sorry for bad english
Mahakala

Posted : Aug 23, 2007 16:52
shame-on-it festival / shame-manic festival...

bad things happened, but i don't care... i lost many money but i learned much for the future...

that's it... :-(
Trance Forum » » Forum  Iberia - August 11 to 15 th of 2007 *Shamanik Festival*Portugal
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance