Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Iberia - August 11 to 15 th of 2007 *Shamanik Festival*Portugal
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

August 11 to 15 th of 2007 *Shamanik Festival*Portugal

Gordon Shumway
Gordon Shumway

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Apr 9, 2007 19:48
well, i agree almost tottaly to what gaby said! After all, he's a really old portuguese dj and didnt got known like the majority of these wanna b djs we have because he probably just doesnt want to be begging all day in forums and stuff..Thumbs up for you Gaby, you're a nice guy (we met in Angels Club when u went to play there and i believe we met before, some years ago)

About the festival...jeez

Another updown...
aren't people humble anymore nowadays? Everyone just wants to be the biggest, the greatest, the MOST KILLER, etc etc
It is just sad, I also like the line up, thats just that i dont trust new labels anymore doing this kind of garbage fests. Sorry for beeing so agressive, but thats how things are, these guys want big happenings, they get big critics.

Get good organizing festivals and then come again, cause i just have to find another one for me this summer...
Gordon Shumway
Gordon Shumway

Posted : Apr 9, 2007 20:01
Quote:

On 2007-02-10 00:05, salvia_divinorum wrote:
is this line up for real? if it is, great festival! but it reminds me of up down festival in 2005... too much artists and then nothing! i hope this is for real, especially for the dark live acts orestis polyphonia

Salvia, how can you believe it is for real? You were at the updown, you know how it works!!!
Doing a festival has a lot to put into! Really! Not just the conditions of the fest itself, but a good promotion and a lot more logistics.
I mean, i've been reading this guys work, well, they're trying to offer entrances and other stuff to whoever promotes their festival around europe. Thats a good initiative! Not enough im afraid...
I mean, Freedom festival had its first edition last year and you just need to do a line up comparing to realize that this kind of events only can lead to where they began: stupidity.
Why would you, having no background whatsoever in organizing festivals come up with a MEGA festival when the small ones ( and i mean crystal matrix, a party organizer with almost as many success as Goodmood) come with humblety?

I mean, lets get real, why would you put 50 artists when you have the same effect with 20 or 30? Wanna be the best? And you still think this is the way to get there?...

I would love to go and thats whats making me pissed, i wont go because i already know how hippies work with logistics lol

I hope someone from the org comes here and gice me a spank, if not, i know they'll come, more or less in the middle of the event, like that updown guy came lol

gandharva
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Apr 10, 2007 13:20
Quote:

On 2007-04-09 20:01, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-02-10 00:05, salvia_divinorum wrote:
is this line up for real? if it is, great festival! but it reminds me of up down festival in 2005... too much artists and then nothing! i hope this is for real, especially for the dark live acts orestis polyphonia

Salvia, how can you believe it is for real? You were at the updown, you know how it works!!!
Doing a festival has a lot to put into! Really! Not just the conditions of the fest itself, but a good promotion and a lot more logistics.
I mean, i've been reading this guys work, well, they're trying to offer entrances and other stuff to whoever promotes their festival around europe. Thats a good initiative! Not enough im afraid...
I mean, Freedom festival had its first edition last year and you just need to do a line up comparing to realize that this kind of events only can lead to where they began: stupidity.
Why would you, having no background whatsoever in organizing festivals come up with a MEGA festival when the small ones ( and i mean crystal matrix, a party organizer with almost as many success as Goodmood) come with humblety?

I mean, lets get real, why would you put 50 artists when you have the same effect with 20 or 30? Wanna be the best? And you still think this is the way to get there?...

I would love to go and thats whats making me pissed, i wont go because i already know how hippies work with logistics lol

I hope someone from the org comes here and gice me a spank, if not, i know they'll come, more or less in the middle of the event, like that updown guy came lol

so many expeculation. do you have anything objective to point to the organizers???if you dont like it dont go, so simple has that.           dont worry be hippie
JamesBong
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Apr 10, 2007 16:29
how do you say "megalomania" in english?

https://www.facebook.com/SoundBitsProd
Gordon Shumway
Gordon Shumway

Posted : Apr 10, 2007 17:26
Quote:

so many expeculation. do you have anything objective to point to the organizers???if you dont like it dont go, so simple has that.

Yes indeed, I expeculate a lot. Especially since "the-event-that-shall-not-be-spoken" where I was almost involved.

And the problem is just that, i kinda like! Some of the people involved, the line up, etc. Thats just not enough.

And youre right, I dont have nothing to point to the org. except for the fact that a little bird told me that this organization's first party is still to come and they're bringing one act that will also come to the festival.
That shows some dynamics!

I would expect you hippies to have understantood what a festival means in what concerns it's organization since "the-event-that-shall-not-be-spoken". I know that hippies who produce parties every weekend dont care about about nothing, but this is different. I dont get to parties every weekend, although, I love a good summer festival and surely I would like to be scammed by the up down fest for example, and what tells me this will be different?

But that's it, ill shut it and think like you except for the fact that I would love to go.

I really hope it goes well and you come here and give me some nice trout slaping gandharva:)
skylab-pt

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Apr 11, 2007 02:42
this topic got me quite curious.

shamanik festival.

great line up indeed! but.. the thing is that i went to the updown major flop two years ago and never even got into the festival because it simply ended before i got there.
An 11 days festival that worked (badly) for only 3 days.

FACTS:
summer, two years ago
3 friends buy pre sale tickets to a so called "UPDOWN Festival Raiz" 40 euros presale each.
i thought its a bit suspicious but i got it a chance..
what a chance..
Festival canceled, no return for money lost on the tickets, the organization beyind this hoax had already recovered all the money in he pre sale shops that were seling the tickets in portugal, so no money..

i forworded a complain to the police, exibing the adress of the site owner. guess what?

the adress did nt existed, it was all a big flop..

so guys..

this smells like updown spirit to me as you might imagine.. check out the the site in detail and please tell me if an organization that claims to bring quite a generous amount of live acts and djs, should present it self as it presents.

i m only giving you a prespective of a person that went trough a situation very similar.

investigate.

looks credible? go for it.

dont waiste your hard worked money and the name of trance in portugal without at least investigating.. trance is about union of similar minds.. trust me.

to the org. guys good luck, if you flop this take in mind that you are damaging the scene here. and the scene is just to damaged to be even more..so make your best eforts and think about the rest of the people who take trance as way of living.

remeber the magic..

cheers folks

skylab
gandharva
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 12, 2007 14:53
Quote:

On 2007-04-10 17:26, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Quote:

so many expeculation. do you have anything objective to point to the organizers???if you dont like it dont go, so simple has that.

Yes indeed, I expeculate a lot. Especially since "the-event-that-shall-not-be-spoken" where I was almost involved.

And the problem is just that, i kinda like! Some of the people involved, the line up, etc. Thats just not enough.

And youre right, I dont have nothing to point to the org. except for the fact that a little bird told me that this organization's first party is still to come and they're bringing one act that will also come to the festival.
That shows some dynamics!

I would expect you hippies to have understantood what a festival means in what concerns it's organization since "the-event-that-shall-not-be-spoken". I know that hippies who produce parties every weekend dont care about about nothing, but this is different. I dont get to parties every weekend, although, I love a good summer festival and surely I would like to be scammed by the up down fest for example, and what tells me this will be different?

But that's it, ill shut it and think like you except for the fact that I would love to go.

I really hope it goes well and you come here and give me some nice trout slaping gandharva:)

if you like a good festival summer you have to do a wise choice. you can always go to fullmoon you if you like the hard stuff, or chill in a beautifull view of lake bolsena in sonica.
about this shamanik fest. it really needs a lot of effor to put this forward because of the logistics in it huge amount of lives. i have my opinion but i prefer not to reveal it.           dont worry be hippie
Gordon Shumway
Gordon Shumway

Posted : Aug 10, 2007 15:33
So, has anyone been watching the topic in the Festivals section?

Looks like the ceptics were right

A true shame seeing dozens of foreign punters coming to pt with their spirit like "oh damn it, now I already spent my money in tickets and travel"

The other dozens of foreigns posting are artists saying they dont get their plane tickets money or signed contracts.

I've read the whole story, and in fact, it doesn't look like a scam from the org, but a really sad story in how JP (the organizer) got screwed up several times. Well, for me, he could really be a nice hippie like everyone says, but how can a - excuse me term - NOOB try to organize this kind of festival with no one reliable to help him? He even got his car stolen by his supposed "guardian angel" lol

Two days from the start of the fest and it looks like the only thing ready are the showers. I've also read in a portuguese forum from a guy working there that the staff is completely wasted on K, so they can't do much lol

Well, i do blame the guy, and I do feel that playing with other people's lives when u're unsure that you can do it well is quite selfish and idiot.

Hope that it turns out to be a good festival to the unfortunates involved although this big mess and Portugal name doesnt get dirty again because of one confuse hippie.
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Aug 10, 2007 16:12
^^ I have been reading the "events" on the feastivals section and i must say this is a very risky festival - i really hope everything goes fine and this one happens - it is very fu*** up for the ones who travelled and already payed for the ticket, and in the end this one doesn´t happenz.
i also really really hope the org take some lessons from this festival they are trying to make (and i must say it isn´t easy to assemble such a "party"), and if they try to make another one, plan it with several months before, maybe one or two years before so things can run smooth and without last minut delays.
ps: anybody from here went to zambujeira do mar in 2003, the festival made by hipnose and etnica.net?
well a lot of stuff went wrong, dj´s and lives changed, even the location was changed, but the people created a great great environment, so my wishes, if the festival has the minimum conditions, is that everybody in there can create a great vibe and everybody have a lot of fun..after all one of the things this culture lives on turn is:FUN
Loren
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Aug 10, 2007 19:59
Quote:

Two days from the start of the fest and it looks like the only thing ready are the showers. I've also read in a portuguese forum from a guy working there that the staff is completely wasted on K, so they can't do much lol

strange.....at the same time in the festivals section a certain serguei wrote this

" portuguese friends there tell me that WCs as showers are done and working, dark stage is set up, PA and stages arrived, main stage in construction, already some deco around (not much, but cozy, they say).

so it's gonna be smaller but it seems it has the minimum conditions to happen. They also say that there are lots of people working there for the shamanik crew.

i can't go, but i wish all the trancers a blasting time, no matter what, you can dance and party like there is no tomorrow

boom "

Gordon Shumway, WTF are u talking about?????
          www.myspace.com/lorentrance
www.sindarproductions.com
www.crystal27.siteperso.net/
salvia_divinorum
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Aug 10, 2007 22:41
i'm not going but good luck..           When I dance, I put myself in the DJ's hands to take me to a journey - the unconscious journey to reality

KARKEIJA KREW!!!!!!!! dancing is the phrr fo da powa
Gordon Shumway
Gordon Shumway

Posted : Aug 11, 2007 16:03
Quote:

On 2007-08-10 19:59, Loren wrote:
Quote:

strange.....at the same time in the festivals section a certain serguei wrote this

" portuguese friends there tell me that WCs as showers are done and working, dark stage is set up, PA and stages arrived, main stage in construction, already some deco around (not much, but cozy, they say).

so it's gonna be smaller but it seems it has the minimum conditions to happen. They also say that there are lots of people working there for the shamanik crew.

i can't go, but i wish all the trancers a blasting time, no matter what, you can dance and party like there is no tomorrow

boom "

Gordon Shumway, WTF are u talking about?????

I was talking about this ridiculous thing called festival, ok, maybe i didnt post it correctly, they have showers, sound system, and almost no deco.

I hope the guy who wrote that, didnt forgot:

- The Gates
- Bathrooms
- Car Parking
- Bars, food, water, ice
- Firemen, Police, First Aid
- Shadows
- Chill out
- Capable Staff(working below toasting 40ºC on K?)
- Conditions for incoming artists
- Etc

These are the minimal conditions

Do they have them all? Don't think so.
Dude, just get real, if you are from the org or dumb, I can understand that you're defending this shame, if else, I don't.

Read my last post in the festivals section, maybe you get to understand my point of view. I know that many of you won't share it as I couldn't live in the desert without minimum conditions, but I know many of you are, so, it's just an opinion
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Aug 13, 2007 17:52
This "festival" turned to be a massive, disgraceful mess, kidnapping involved, a fatality, police kicking the punters out and so on...lovely.

So for al of those trying to "keep the vibe alive" and be positive...there you go...a proper dose of reality

A festival is not a game...bunch of clueless amateurs.

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
g/\8!
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Aug 14, 2007 00:17

ahhhhhhh i forgot....thats the text that you read when you open the page

dÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ??????????????????????

pure energies .....i seee

Letter of the producers of the Xamanic Festival

Franceses, Portuguese, Brazileiros and Espanhois in co-criacao continues...
168 hours for the opening of portoes of the Festival that takes you to the deep one of our varios Soul Occidental
Coletivae Xamans, Russos and Brazileiros estao to abencoar this Festival and to send its energies sagradas.Teem run
rumors of that nao we give as producing or that nao we have the capacity stops for the Festival of pe...
Nao and verdadePelo I oppose... we were stolen by collaborators who nao had had the courage of being tie the end...
This 'e the Festival of the wizards and 'e I need to have courage....
for leading ties fimComo said had stolen in un car, money, had run away and malevolos rumors with lies in net lancaram and foruns
Vamos process los, ja judicially that in them they trousseram serious problems
and they had denigrated the Festival and organizacao!Por this the Festival atrazou a bit and for in having them stolen muito.Nao we desistiremosVamos to make a inimaginavelNeste festival moment the festival this to be mounted... decoracao arrived of Franca.
Os 000 Artists estao to arrive at festival100 wats of sound estao to arrive of camiao of Francaas iron structures and wood estao to be montadas.Continumos to emit tickets of aviao for the Artists capsizes to all touch of the side of the Mundo.
Podemos to assure you that the energies vao to be the purest in this Festival of Magoscontinuando musica and sacred proporcionamatraves of tresses Universal
Nao wants to be we comerciaisSabemos our value as ProdutoresE we know the experiencia Xamanica Esperamos for voces in dances it floor
DeluDe

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 14, 2007 12:32
diga???????? até eu k sou apologista do tuga-inglês na percebi um cu...

say what?????? even i, a supporter of the portuguese-english mix, didnt understood sh*t...           DeluDe on www.divinemusictribe.com

"Does anyone knows who might have any trance to sell at this drug party?"
Trance Forum » » Forum  Iberia - August 11 to 15 th of 2007 *Shamanik Festival*Portugal
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance