Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Atriohm & Encephalopaticys - Ukalen ( Parvati Records 2009 )
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Atriohm & Encephalopaticys - Ukalen ( Parvati Records 2009 )

drumatik
Drumatik

Started Topics :  6
Posted : May 23, 2009 11:47
some very nice tunes in here !

bravo !

keep it up parvati and friends !

booomm
TheSupreme
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jun 3, 2009 04:07
Psynews.org

SUL/)CO
Apr 29 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #14

Enlightened Ape

Group: Members
Member No.: 12 614

I would have posted this earlier but I had to wait eons for it to arrive, oh well, all's well that ends well….
Atriohm is the product of two brothers, Leonid and Aleksandar Golcev who have been tearing an insane swathe of sonic carnage thru the psy-circuit since 2003. A familiar live project at festivals with many compilations under their belt.
Encephalopaticys is Vasko Velickovski who has since released ‘Psychotermic Meditation’ on Alkaloid back in 2006 (I urge you to have a listen, you will hear a remarkable progression). Since 2001 however he’d been DJing as Vaserman and around the same time as the forming of Atriohm is when Vaserman became Encephalopaticys.
What were witnessing is two projects at the top of their game and to have them collaborate on an album together is a dream come true, but enough of that lets prepare ourselves….

Plug in headphones
Light joint
Press play

TRACKLIST
1) Atriohm - Close to Nowhere - 147 bpm
2) Encephalopaticys - Error 11 - 148 bpm
3) Atriohm - Hybrid Synthesis - 148 bpm
4) Encephalopaticys - Untouchable Circle - 147 bpm
5) Atriohm & Encephalopaticys - Ukalen - 148 bpm
6) Atriohm - Perpetual Stargazing - 150 bpm
7) Encephalopaticys - Stopance - 150 bpm
8) Atriohm - Dejgidi - 149 bpm
9) Encephalopaticys - Upside Down - 147 bpm

Close to Nowhere - kicks off with a soup of murky atmospheres settling into a steady 4by4 then begins to pick up more textures as the track progresses further into the journey, then at about 3mins we really see what this trip holds in store for us. Great use of heavily staggered arpeggios, vocals and synths all combining to create a pretty awesome opener...

Error 11 - next up comes straight in with a great melody which keeps building then drifts off into other dark realms, which help to open this track out a little (that’s a good thing) By the time we get to 4mins we're hearing a pretty serious piece of sound manipulation, dropping into the closing takes us into a pretty chaotic scramble for order but don’t expect to find any.

Hybrid Synthesis - this track is very very deep and pulls some seriously haunting sounds out of the wazoo! Eeeextremely dark and organic with what sounds like Whale songs going off in the background but matching the twisted beat flawlessly and adding that air of spookiness to the ambience. Very organic sounding and great synth arrangement near the end, Atriohm doing what they do best.

Untouchable Circle - I love the way this track opens, reminds me of that creeking noise in GMS's Shrek, only much much darker in this track Encephals brings out a controlled arsenal of sheer madness which he sets about releasing onto us in an nightmarish way, not too hot on the tempo change at 4mins but it does help steer the track into a different direction which then comes right back by altering the approach of the first 4mins into the last 4 leaving us with a ending of EPIC proportions with lots of howling and wailing noises! Just what could be inside that circle...?

Ukalen - the title track belongs to Atriohm, roll up your sleeves for it's time to go to work! Much more different from his previous 2 tracks, this one has more of a driven hook and sweeping synth work crisscrossing the deep bass. Quite a funky melody in it too, till it gives way to a random array of sheer atmosphere of madness

Perpetual Stargazing - nicely leading, its Atriohm again, this is very danceable indeed with some truly demented sound experimentation going off. Pitch bends and weird vocals add to the sense of moving further down the vortex of a blackhole while sucking on a doomed star system along the way. And it tastes gooooood.

Stopance - weird name for a track...maybe its a mix between stop and dance? Whatever it means, it’s a fully charge mind tearing beast of a track. I really like this, creates the right amount of FUBAR for the listener till it backs off at 5mins and gives you a chance to run for your lives. However this beast is only toying with you and at 5.45 catches up with you with a low growl, Flinging you around for the next 2 and a half minutes. Class!

Dejgidi - building up sounds and layers is an art form and it’s stunningly displayed here.
Coming up to 4mins is fucking mental. I swear to god.
And what happens in the last four minutes is illegal.
Seriously good psychedelic right here man. Atriohm must have tweaked something coz my levels went nuts, and they rarely distort, but this track is pure eeeevil, so maybe my speakers got possessed o_O

Upside Down - taking us into the final abyssal drop of this album is a truly absorbing and insane mindfuck of a track. Really doesn’t let up any of the power of the last 8 and gives you a glimpse of what you came to see. Pure dark forest psychedelic, surreal and unpredictable. Opens with a vocal sample which shifts in and out of a sweeping acidic beat, a perfect track to close this top offering from Parvati!
Really, buy this album, you won’t be disappointed.

Thanks Atriohm & Encephalopaticys you really made my march into summer a truly twisted one! Good work.
aXis
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Jun 3, 2009 10:44
ukalen track is an anthem
psychoson
Psychoson

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 6, 2009 22:22
Great split album
Boom!           v/a \"Poodle Scum\" is out now from Wonkay Records!
v/a \"Lunar Prophecy\" is out now from Triplag rec!

http://www.myspace.com/psychoson7
savina
the Gravedancers

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jun 7, 2009 18:50
Amazing!!

BoOOoM

Yara.-
kameleonpangea36
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Jun 8, 2009 00:24
amazing tracks from both artists,
it flows sooo well:)

cant wait for more:)           
label: www.pureperceptionrecords.org
design: www.designsbymattbryson.com
soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/kameleon-pangea
Fuzulu
Fuzulu

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Jun 9, 2009 12:31
killer music pouring out
MIK3L
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Jun 10, 2009 21:18

very special music and magic!!!! love all tracks in this cd
but my favorite are:
8) Atriohm - Dejgidi - 149 bpm
3) Atriohm - Hybrid Synthesis - 148 bpm
4) Encephalopaticys - Untouchable Circle - 147 bpm
9) Encephalopaticys - Upside Down - 147 bpm
5) Atriohm & Encephalopaticys - Ukalen - 148 bpm

waiting for more...
all the best
Boom!
Black Cat
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jun 15, 2009 08:53
Nice Review braindrop.
And as always a great release from Parvati Records!!
Congratulations

Bom Bom           http://www.myspace.com/discovalleyrecordsgoa
DVRcd001Nocturne*DVRcd002AcidMutants
DVRcd003PsychoCell*DVRcd004HastaLasPastillas*DVRcd005Dark Side of GOA
DVRcd006CHApoRAS Tribal Dance*DVRcd007 1001 Nights*DVRcd008 Triton OUT!
gutter
Inactive User

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Jun 15, 2009 11:59
amazing
FULL FACE
Full Face

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jun 15, 2009 21:32
Great sound, great artists, great label
          v/a \"Keep it Surreal\" is OUT NOW from Pixan Recordings!

Full Face: In every place is OUT NOW from Pixan Recordings!
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Jun 30, 2009 19:12
Title: Ukalen
Artist: Atriohm and Encephalopatics
Label: Parvatti Records
Date: 10/2008
Tracks: 09
Mastered by: Xenomorph
Cover Art: Hypomicro
Cat. #:PVRCD17

UKALEN

01 – Atriohm – Close To Nowhere - 7:16 (147 BPM)
02 – Encephalopatics – Error 11 – 7:39 (148 BPM)
03 – Atriohm – Hybrid Synthesis - 7:36 (148 BPM)
04 – Encephalopatics – Untouchable Circle - 8:14 (147 BPM)
05 – Atriohm & Encephalopatics – Ukalen - 7:52 (148 BPM)
06 – Atriohm – Perpetual Stargizing – 7:17 (150 BPM)
07 – Encephalopatics – Stopance – 8:15 (150 BPM)
08 – Atriohm – Dejgidi - 7:59 (149 BPM)
09 – Encephalopatics – Upside Down – 7:34 (147 BPM)

Ukalen is the split album of two of the most sonant names in the psychedelic picture nowadays. It was a highly expected album, released by one of the most respected labels of the scene: Parvatti Records. After having dozens of tracks in compilations by either projects, so an album was more than expected, and this not being solo album, it is a split album, but it is 70 minutes of good music.

But let us see what “Ukalen” was brought to us:

The opening track Close To Nowhere (T1) is made by the brothers of Atriohm Project. It is a very calm track, with a BPM of 147. It is full of little noises in the background that create a trippy atmosphere, but what I enjoy most in this tune are the leads: some vaguer, and others more electric – it develops the perfect sonority for the opening tune of the album. It has also the addition of more conventional melodic sounds, not much, but the exact amount, to give different mood in certain parts. Though it is calm tune, it is highly rich in used sounds. Favourite.

Now comes Encephalopatics with Error 11 (T2). It is more agitated than it´s predecessor and the BPM goes up one unit. It delivers an acidic atmosphere, with few electric leads, and in this atmosphere there comes a part, where a lead appears that is very similar to the sound of mad cats. After this blend the tune develops into some bubbling effects and a dizzy sound revolves on the background.

Hybrid Synthesis (T3) opens up, with some sounds similar to water effects, and a deep environment, creates a magnetic realm. This is pure Atriohm style, but in a cadence of hypnotic sounds very good, and sometimes there are certain parts that remind me Polyphonia leads. Though it is filled with sounds, sometimes it becomes minimalistic, and it possesses a “feeling”, turned for the inside.

Untouchable Circle (T4) detaches from the previous tune, embracing more widely and opens sounds, more expressed for the “outside”. Once more that touch of electric leads is present, and this time mixed with some spooky, and at the same time wandering sounds. There is a strange part where the kick and bass almost blend, merging with the leads, and creating confusion between all the sounds – but nevertheless it is a good idea, and worked fine. Later after this “intrusion” the track returns to it´s birthing state, with a cliché of twistedness.

Now we enter the only track of collaboration between these two projects and it is also the track that gave name to the album: Ukalen (T5). What to expect of this one? Well this is no easy ride, and this one explores fractal worlds! It begins with a soft start, but quickly is filled with action and excitement on the various used sounds, although it doesn´t last long this rumbling (I wish it did though), and the track softens a little bit, to go to directions not so aggressive or so energetic. It is one of those collaborations that although is great, I expected little bit more.

If Error 11 had some samples that reminded me some mad cats, this time Perpetual Stargizing (T6) does the same, but probably with a different cat. Atriohm continues in their quest for new frequencies, and this one creates a great atmosphere: the leads are delicious, the acidic environment twists and turns upside down and some leads that are top notch. This madness is always made in a mature and solid production, nothing to explosive. Favourite.

Back to Encephalopatics, Stopance (T7) is probably the most hypnotic from all the tracks of this project present in this album. The ambience created by the kick and bass, is deep, and in a way a little bit obscure, and mixed with some sharpened and dazzling sounds, with long and distorted leads in second plan, this one takes you to strange places. Also some sounds that seem female vocals, stuck in a small loop repeat a lot. Some sponge sounds mixed with some metallic sounds complete it. There is also an intruder in here, at about 5 minutes, it takes a small turn, and it plays a little bit, and after this one minute trick, it returns to the obscure mood.

Dejgidi (T8) starts with a strong kick, and with some small work on the hit hats, and instantly we are transported into the middle of the layers of sounds of Atriohm. Imagine yourselves in the middle of an ocean of sounds, each of them uplifting every cell of your body. There are some electric leads, appearing themselves one on top of others, in a successive way almost pushing yourself.

Upside Down (T9) ends this album. Encephalopatics begins this track with some well worked sponge sounds, with his trademark on the background. The tune has spinning effect, a buzzing on the background, and some hypnotic sounds upfront. It ends the CD in a nice way.

The mastering of the CD was made by Xenomorph.

The artwork was made by Hypomicro.

So to conclude my review, I just want to say, that this is music with quality for the dance floor, mainly orientated to the night period. And what pleases me is the no need of violent screams, or screams of death, neither insane bpm´s, to bring music for the dark period. Everything in here is made with mature, solid production and with a purpose, though sometimes I feel some repeating of ideas, but none the less this was highly expected album and it fulfilled it´s fans tastes. It is a solid release, but honestly to myself I could not stop noticing that I feel it lacks something - probably due to my expectations of finding something really new and innovative - but what I have found in here was the maturation, and confirmation of them has one of the top producers of today’s psychedelic trance.
aXis
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Jul 1, 2009 08:17
agree wit a3k
Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Jul 1, 2009 15:55
works perfectly in the morning also (specially in the nature and big sound), this is no time music.
all the best to Sache, Leo and Vasko and thank u for all sweet moments still the only album this year where don't need to skip any tracks when playing .....           to use your head you have to go out of your mind
funky
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jul 1, 2009 23:01
Quote:

On 2009-07-01 15:55, Adigroovy wrote:
works perfectly in the morning also

works best at that time...twilight/dawn
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Atriohm & Encephalopaticys - Ukalen ( Parvati Records 2009 )
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance