Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Atomic Pulse - The Safi Collection (2002) [Spectrum]

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Atomic Pulse - The Safi Collection (2002) [Spectrum]

Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Dec 21, 2002 18:14
Tracklist :

1)Digital Self
2)Prince Of Paranoia (Pressure mix)
3)Element (remix)
4)Sycho Active
5)Life Force
6)The clone
7)Monster Dna (remix)
8)Cyber Technology
9)Synch Meter

Atomic pulse are Tamir Ozana and Yair Bar-On.

On The booklet info, Spectrum says that this is neither a concept album nor a compilation but something like a showcase of the musical direction of the label.

All tracks are credited to them ;
except track 2 by Tamir + dj Mishel, remixed by Tamir + Yair
track 7 by Tamir + Avi Shmailov (Astrix) remixed by Tamir + Yair

Atomic Pulse has very close sounds and constructions from Astrix’s work as Tamir made many collaborations with Avi.

The global sound content is on one hand slighty rougher (Tracks 3,5,6 )on the other hand groovier (track1,4,7) than Astrix. There are also some more morning harmonies all along the tracks especially tracks 2,8, 9.

By moments i got the impress to only listen to something close to Scientific Reality (track 3), or sometimes seems quick & a bit flat and that’s all.

As a result, this release is pretty nice but not as far as Astrix’s stuffs, nevertheless this one should suits to major part of astrix’s fans. But definitively, It still lacks something in the production to really reach the smashing hits status.

I hope that the Atomic Pulse boys will make some more work efforts on their forthcoming debut album as for the moment the musical result isn’t fresh enough for me but largely worth checking it.

No Real highlights
but LOTS of nice moments :
1(+),2,3(++),5(+),6,7,9(++).

Mark : 7/10

[ This Message was edited by: Le Lotus Bleu on 2002-12-21 18:17 ]
olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Dec 21, 2002 22:02
i totally agree with u,
some nice tracks , but there is still something missing in their production...
especially for the basslines.... wich are far to be crystal clear imo...
good ideas but, they have to reach their production to a higher level
BISHOP
Miracle

Started Topics :  115
Posted : Dec 25, 2002 00:37
i dont agree with u guys... for me this cd is one of the best album´s of the year. I love this style!! and the rmx´s are much better then the original tracks. keep it going Tamir !!!
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Dec 27, 2002 00:35
very boring album.
i realy don't like the bass line.           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
GuyShanti
Aerospace

Started Topics :  112
Posted : Dec 29, 2002 12:23
U ppl have no idea in sound ... u dont like the "crystal clear" bass lines? Y NOT? i have to say this album is the best sounding thing to hit my monitors in a long while...
about music everybody has his own opinion but sound wize this album is a piece of work!

G           http://www.myspace.com/aerospacemusic

Aerospace – Re Entry EP on beatport.com
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/276014/Re%20Entry%20EP
olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Dec 31, 2002 16:01
thanks for telling me that i have no idea in sound.................
u didn't get what i said...... i like crystal clear production.......... atomic pulse doesnt reach this level of production.... that's it......listen to silicon sound and then understand what is a killer production.... definitely not atomic pulse (but it's still very very good!!!!)...
and i'm not talking about the music , 'im just talking about the production....
i agree that about music everybody has his own opinion , but about production it's different..u may not like son kite music.... but u cannot tell that they don't have an amazing production.......
another exemple: u can love psydrop , but u cannot tell that they have a killer production.....
music composition & production is totally differents things....

sorry if this is a little

GuyShanti
Aerospace

Started Topics :  112
Posted : Jan 2, 2003 13:02
I can say quite a few things about the sound quality of ALL the acts u mentioned and they r a bit diffrent to yours... lets not argue here.

G           http://www.myspace.com/aerospacemusic

Aerospace – Re Entry EP on beatport.com
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/276014/Re%20Entry%20EP
Hodi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Jan 3, 2003 17:30
Quote:

On 2002-12-27 00:35, The Chaos Theory wrote:
very boring album.
i realy don't like the bass line.

Exacly what i think !
          u can find "Anything U Want" using the search...
Bozzz
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jan 6, 2003 11:16
Like hod and The Chaos Theory wrote... the bass line of this album is a bit boring, in fact all of their musics have the same bass line, in the album, and in the past!
I don't know if u agree with me but Spectrum record's (Safi Connection, Atomic Pulse, Spectrum) follow always the same lines, their music is good, but after a few weaks u start to get tired of listening it!
They sould improve on their performance as producers...           http://minimaland.blogspot.com
Gran
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jan 8, 2003 09:09
As said more than one time...Bass is boring , well i dont think its boring , i think its too majoric - i mean happy

I can clearly say that IMO this album is the result of rushing with the work, not enough efforts was taken to finish this album.

it doesnt have a single concept , it spreads in too many directions.and this problem cause the general flow to cut !

the problem is not in the music...its in the music itself , the way u treat it...

i know a lot of people that really liked this album , well...good for them !

But thats IMO ...
psydark_light
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jan 8, 2003 18:29
this album could be much better.

when I point my set , I prefer to enter Alien project or astrix Since its the same style , but they make it better ,I think !

anyway , it is very nice album
but sometimes people don't know who make these tracks because they (alien project , astrix , atomic and more...) copy tunes one from another !

its okay to make the same direction of music , but when its come to copy a tune , this make me sick , excuse me

this album got a very nice rate because it is still nice production and worth of buying (I bought it) , I do respect Atomic pulse , and I think that things will go much better in atomic's music.

6.5/10
no favs (I like the "Element (Rmx)", but I don't like to hear RMX in albums !)

what if everyone of us will think positive about peace ?

DJs can fly!
Gran
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jan 8, 2003 23:03
Well psydark i dont think its about respect to a specific artist , i think that its about the music he creates...

im giving it 4\10 , but ill raise it to 6\10 for the good sound and mix !
Jason (LyTe)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Jan 9, 2003 15:29
well, great sound, as shanti here advocated, but, I'm Afraid, not much more beyond that.
Lets just say i expected more from these guys, in terms of musical prowess. most of the tracks here sound pretty much the same - same structures, same breaks, same everything. that's what i felt. each track on it's own is a scorcher, but as an album - it's boring.
also, the name - safi collection - isn't it a bit confusing?           "We Do Not Allways See Things As They Are. We See Things As We Are" -Ancient Chinese Proverb

LyTe Email:TechnoLyte@gmail.com
psydark_light
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jan 9, 2003 17:17
Quote:

On 2003-01-09 15:29, Jason (LyTe) wrote:
also, the name - safi collection - isn't it a bit confusing?

fu*king shit !!! , you don't know how much you right about that !
hehe

lots of people confused because of these similar music and resembling names.
as I know , all of these people don't care anymore longer about these names because of the same music they do (not the same direction ,but the same music !)
then they call it , alien project's kind of music           what if everyone of us will think positive about peace ?

DJs can fly!
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Jan 11, 2003 10:19
It sounded suspicious to me right from the start with that wierd concept- not and album- just a collection of trax as a pre-album...
Doesn't show much respect for listeners, artist or label. And this is not good.
What a weird idea to release something which is not good enough for an album before the debut?
What a bad idea to release something which is not good enough for an album at all?
And I'm not even saying that it is me who thinks it's not good enough for an album- it says so on the cover. Weird. Smells like money spirit...

As for the music- a lot of the tracks will do good on the floor- one is really good (1), some of them are nice (4, 5, 9). But non of them feels like they were made with love and excitment about the music.
Not too much originality as well.
The sound and production sound crystal clear, though. (but how much does it matter how do you produce your music, if it's not good music?).           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Atomic Pulse - The Safi Collection (2002) [Spectrum]

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance