Just got this precious baby today.
Sweet, soothing, booty shaking rocker.

full review will be added to http://www.psymag.com
shortly...
          Trancelucent Productions
http://www.trancelucent.com
----------------------
Boa Distribution
| info@boadistribution.com | http://www.boadistribution.com | FAX: +972-46101463 | Tel: +972-524742297 |
--------
PSYMAG.COM - GLOBAL TRA
bholenath
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Jun 7, 2004 09:31
i found the beat the same thoughout..very monotonous... prolly nned this to grow on me...           ....good fudge comes on slow!!!
Jingabé
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Jun 8, 2004 23:01
Finally got it!!

And what can I add to praise this album that hasn't been said yet? Not much, I think... Anyway, I just want to say that I absolutely love this album. It is for me the best of the year until now. And if doubts existed, I think Tomasz has now prooved to be one of the 3 top names of alltime in Trance History. This is a pretty bold statement, I know. but don't forget that it was this man who broke ground by releasing tracks like "Klein Aber Doctor" back in 1998 and "A.Pro.X" in 1999. Then in 2000 he gave us the magnificent "Headcleaner", once again setting different standards in the trance scene. And now he strikes again with his "2nd Brigade", another gem for the collectors. Just listen to Transmission in Vain.. incredible, superb!!! But all the album is perfect. Every track stands out in it's own way and they create a perfect flow between them. Magic!! 10/10

Can´t wait to see him live at BOOM!!!
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Jun 9, 2004 17:54
magic is here again !!! truly special Atmos vibe and deepness, the style of his own, the story is complexe, the production is top notch, the tribal is sexy, the album is a bomb !!!           Believe your soul !
Tralala

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 10, 2004 09:18
I definately dont like his style anymore....
he has gone way toooooo housey for me.....
rotorblade

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 10, 2004 15:38
Give it more listening and this house feeling will leave you,same with me first day i was a bit confused especially cause its really slow, but after 3 listening i became 100% addictive and now this is one of my favorite cds which came out this year.
Scent of a Tunnel is top psy hit for me,cant wait to hear this on party.

thinman242

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jun 10, 2004 15:45
Tomasz is back.Great long awaited job.Atlast that s exactly what i was waiting for.old school tech-progressive- house with the unique atmos production and style.and the sleeve is great.A comic-pic.
10/10.
leequid

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 11, 2004 03:19
ok!
Definitely a 10/10 to this swedish-polish master!
Long awaited and surely high-polished(he is polish after all ) album.We face an incredible blend of morning styles that if performed open-air live, will bring you to the knees begging him to stop

Hit of the album:Ordinary Weekend!
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jun 12, 2004 02:49
Oh my god. Soooo much great progressive trance released nowadays. Another contestant for “Album of the year in my book”. It needs time to grow on you though.

9/10 from me           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
ecnalab

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 12, 2004 13:01
I have listened to this a few times now... and after spending hours working on my own track,, I put this on for inspiration and was totally amazed at how well produced this album is. Now I am even more frustrated trying to produce music >:)

It is so intricate and well arranged. I can tell why it took him so long to release this. My least favorite track is the single, "Metro Deluxe", which I never really got into... but the single fits in well with the album.

I feel so spoiled with all these great progressive releases... this is a highly addictive release!           -xo Truffle Radio ox-
Waves of Psychedelic and Progressive Trance
http://ecnalab.com/radio

playing : FREq ~ Human Blue ~ Son Kite ~ Prometheus ~ Vibrasphere ~ XV Kilist ~ Ticon ~ Atmos
aje
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Jun 16, 2004 19:56
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've had this piece of audioart for quite some time now and I still havent't written a review. There are many reasons to explain this, my new job which takes up all of my waking hours, the heap of other great releases that are begging for my attention or the fact that behind the facade of the working man im still the same lazy-ass stoner I always was.

However, these are just excuses. The real reason this review took so long is that I was not able to find words that will do Atmos justice. This is maybe the tenth attempt at a review, but I always deleted everything because it just wasn't right. I tried the "play-by-play" analysis and described every song in detail and I tried to technically analyze the progression of the Atmos sound over the last years, but I wasn't satisfied. How can One describe and analyze something that cannot be put in words, something that just "IS", or in other words, feels like the heart or bassline of all existence. (I know this sounds strange, but I shall elaborate)

I finally found a hook to start writing a review when I remembered the comments for Atmos's first album, "Headcleaner", on the old psynews.org site. People were talking about the Atmos frequency, that some people understood or just didn't. And after all it is exactly that makes Atmos music stand out and that makes it so hard for me to put his music into words. I've known Atmos since his very first release on EVE records, I bought "Rebirth of Cavanough" and listened to it almost every day for years and the same goes for Headcleaner and other Atmos releases. Thus the Atmos Frequency became the bassline of my live, the eternal soundtrack in my head, or to quote the master himself, "THE DRUMS DON"T STOP".

Now, like everyone else has mentioned here, Atmos changed his style, his beats became a lot more techy and housey, the songs arent as boucey and long anymore, and where Atmos used to play with the empty spaces between the carefully crafted sounds on Headcleaner, he now creates soundscapes that are a lot more dense and thick. Its like Headcleaner decompressed time while 2nd brigade compresses time. For example the kicks on Headcleaner where long and synthetic while on 2nd Brigade they are a clear thump in the face. The percussion on Headcleaner were Atmos trademark laidback breakbeat snares while 2nd brigade uses mostly techno hi-hats that create a very dense driving feeling.

But above all it is still there, the Atmos frequency. There is something about his "sound architecture" and arrangement, the effortless skill and precision with which he constructs his tracks that make them more then music, they become part of the background and the fabric of the world around us. Listen to Metro Deluxe or Raumwelt Signal and feel how they just "are", there is no way of describing them, every sound makes sense, the soul immerses itself with the music.

There are tracks on 2nd Brigade that I would put in this category, tracks that just "are", namely Raumwelt Signal, Al Bummer, Metro Deluxe and Umbau.
And then there is the second category, the goosebumps tracks that lift the spirit to new heights and unheardof ease, just beatiful without the slightest hint of cheese, KNS, Ordinary weekend and the standout hit Transmission in Vain that reminds me so much of my first encounter with Atmos "Rebirth of Cavanough".

During the last 3 years i had not heard much new of Atmos, but only now do I realize how much I missed him. This has been the best year for progressive psy in years, but sorry Son Kite, Freq, Kooler or Vision and CAnedy, you all are great, but you dont connect to me the way Atmos does. Probably because you dont have the Atmos frequency...

Thank you very much.

Check out my album: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/gay-satanic-hippie-tiefenrausch
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Jun 17, 2004 18:55
we like! very much indeed           >>love will tear us apart...<<
Insomniac
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Jun 17, 2004 19:20
The only thing a have to say is OHH MY GOD!!!!!!

Really really beutiful music, very clean sounds, nice production.....

Peace.-.
Madpup
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jun 18, 2004 09:49
I was not really a huge Atmos fan before, but this album blew me away at the first listen. This is top notch progressive stuff, nice, driving tracks, perfect for the dancefloor. The only track i don't like is Metro Deluxe, the rest are simply awesome.
Nocturnum
Sensum

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 18, 2004 12:27
i have to say i dont agree with most of the comments posted.
i found this album monotonous and very boring.
maybe it has a different impact thru loud speakers at a party or something ?
cause it had no impact on me here at home after listening through-out three times over.
maybe more time is needed in understanding this album, but i'm pretty sure my time is up with it.
no disrespect - just my opinion.
cheers all
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Atmos "2nd Brigade" Spiral Trax 2004
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance