Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Astrix - Coolio ( Hommega Productions , July 2004 )
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Astrix - Coolio ( Hommega Productions , July 2004 )

homsy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Aug 4, 2004 15:36
HOMMEGA PRODUCTIONS(HMCDS4) - ASTRIX - COOLIO CD SINGLE

Track list:
1. Coolio (ORIGINAL VERSION)
2. Coolio (Infected Mushroom RMX)
3. Techno widows
4. Eye to eye (GMS RMX)

Released: August 2004

http://www.hommega.com

ASTRIX, Avi Shmailov, the one who defined, re-polished, & reformatted FULL ON, is back with a new CD single release serving as a nice appetizer to his second release album, expected this year (Hommega Prod.).
ASTRIX which has rocked dance floors all over the world, introducing new frontiers & enlightens, the one which 90% of the artists today attempt to duplicate, but fail, deliver 4 tracks, Coolio ala Asrtrix, Coolio Infected Mushroom RMX, Techno Widows & a rmx by GMS to the hit Eye to Eye.
This is an amazing release, an easy decision when considering a purchase...
Coolio is another well produced hit bearing the ORIGINAL ASTRIX signature, loaded with guitar work, drive juice.
Respect to Infected Mushroom for the RMX they have constructed, top notch production as always, intense infected power lifted higher & higher, totally articulate & crazy. A great RMX which holds strong signatures of both gigantic acts, just as a RMX is intended to be.
Techno Widows is another glimpse of the upcoming new album of Astrix, what can I say another killer!!! focused dose of psychedelic essence & spirit extraordinaire, this one is a dance floor burner, perfect for the summer, I see intense power, mother nature & big freaks jumping all over the place
GMS end things well with a sweet, light & flowing interpretation to EYE TO EYE.
RECOMMENDED!!!
FAVORITES: ALL!!!

Official release information:
Astrix is Avi Shmailov from Israel, one of the biggest headliners in the trance scene. He released his debut album "Eye to eye" (HOMmega) in 2002. Since then, he is constantly touring the world, performing in massive parties and international festivals promoting his unique sound and style. Along the way he produced some smashing remixes for big names like Infected Mushroom and GMS and he has just finished his last touches on his brand new second album - "Artcore" (HOMmega) to be released in September.
Coolio is a gem of a track. It is a blend of progressive, full on and rock'ish trance, mixing clubby elements with driving base lines and rock guitars. This track is a favorite top 10 track of many DJ's and has been played all around the world in Astrix's Live & DJ sets for quite some time now.           Trancelucent Productions
http://www.trancelucent.com
----------------------
Boa Distribution
| info@boadistribution.com | http://www.boadistribution.com | FAX: +972-46101463 | Tel: +972-524742297 |
--------
PSYMAG.COM - GLOBAL TRA
Freedom Fighters
Freedom Fighters

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Aug 10, 2004 20:04
1. Coolio 144bpm 8:14
2. Coolio (Infected Mushroom remix) 144bpm 8:15
3. Techno Widows 145bpm 7:40
4. Eye to Eye (GMS remix) 145bpm 6:37

Amazing single !!!!
Good luck Astrix & Hommega !!!
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Aug 11, 2004 06:33
Good single, very dancefloor oriented...
For me the best track is Coolio (Infected rmx).
Wait to hear Avi new album...
Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
scraper
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Aug 11, 2004 20:35
The original and the remix are very good...
I would be really happy if Astrix will move to that style instead of the Techno Windows style we're so used to.
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Aug 11, 2004 23:19
“Coolio” is one of the better tracks from Astrix, but not as progressive as I hoped for. I’m not a big fan of “guitar-trance”, and quite frankly hated “Fire”, but the guitar isn’t as overused here, and the breakdown is very nice.

The Infected Mushroom remix is not as good as the original, but still a lot better than what they have come up with the last couple of years (Duvdev isn’t singing here, and that’s helping a lot …) – sort of a mixture of the old Infected melodies and their new production.

“Techno Windows” is not quite as good as “Coolio”, but still better than most full on released nowadays. I would have preferred it without the guitars though … 3 guitar-tracks in a row from Astrix.

Last is the GMS remix of “Eye To Eye” from Astrix’ debut album, and it’s actually ok. Definitely much better than I had expected.

Overall I think it’s a quite nice CD Maxi, but I don’t think it’s nearly as progressive as people say it is. In my book it’s still full on, but nevertheless some of the better stuff on the market. I'm hoping for a very diverse 2nd album from Astrix, as I don't think we've heard his full potential yet.

7/10          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Aug 12, 2004 21:44
For hebrew readers :

http://layla.ynet.co.il/newLayla/magazine.asp?storyID=465
hoffman angels

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Aug 13, 2004 03:50
killer single,the best track from astrix .i like it.
Xtc's

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 13, 2004 06:03
well, Coolio is a great song with a lot of potencial but it isnt avi style, and i think that he has to mantein his unique way to rock it, u know what i mean .
Coolio (infected rmx) is just so POWERFULL AND TWISTED, its the perfect rmx 4 a great tune, thats what happen when a 2 master get together in 1 track, and i think that this is 10 times better thatn the original.
techno windows is amazing powerful and this is the real avi vibe much more crazyness.
the eye to eye (gms rmx) its just fine. Great released and im waiting the artcore album with great expectations.
Davolo

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Aug 14, 2004 09:31
'Coolio' has slipped into my head after a few listens, has grown on me heaps.
Infected Mushroom RMX hasn't grown on me.
'Techno widows' is similiar to 'Coolio' in vibe and makes a perfect track for this single.
Wasn't so big on the original 'Eye to Eye' and I haven't heard anything that stirred me in the GMS RMX. It's OK.

Looking at the small print of the CDS credits 'Techno widows' was written by Astrix and mixed by Ido Ophir (Domestic) and Ohad Aharoni (Sub 6) - so does that mean this track should be written as 'Astrix - Techno widows (Domestic & Sub 6 Mix)'?
Troll@CrackWhoreModels
IsraTrance Analyst Member

Started Topics :  558
Posted : Aug 26, 2004 03:31
techno windows and the gms mix is the best

and thees are the best he has made since his album..:S          www.myspace.com/trollatcrackwhoremodels
www.myspace.com/crackwhoremodels
www.myspace.com/cwmdeco
Flotser

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 26, 2004 13:39
I realy dont like the infected mushroom remix...
:\
jungle fuck
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Aug 26, 2004 19:59
i really loved the infected rmx

wating for artcore with open earz...
Dominorbit

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 28, 2004 17:39
I just heard Coolio and it was a real surprise. I´m so happy about this track, wonderful sounds and emotional breaks.
After my very interesting purchase of B.L.T:s latest album, i think this is gonna be the next one:)

Cheers.
Spectron

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 29, 2004 23:21
great cd IM remix my faverite here..
i hope in the new album of astrix will be mor fresh sounds..

Amir .T.
The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Sep 4, 2004 12:37
The infected remix is above standart, The GMS is a good remix, But not more.

Coolio is 9,5/10 track excellent stuff ONCE again from Astrix, Techno window is also a really good track, although it's not Astrix best work. Still better then 9 out of 10 of the full on tracks released today.

Bottom line:
Astrix part of single is magnificent; a change in style, and a cute, and quite frankly frighteningly good appetizer towards what awaits us.

"Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Astrix - Coolio ( Hommega Productions , July 2004 )
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance