Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Altom - Groove Control (Neurobiotics, 2004)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Altom - Groove Control (Neurobiotics, 2004)

Templar^
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  105
Posted : Jul 13, 2004 12:44
Quote:
i am damn sure groove control is also killa...!!

No, it's not killa. It's good. Childish top10's with tons of fluoro-rave music are killa...

ps. To someone who might know: what does altom mean anyway?           www.ektoplazm.com/2011/panta-deus - download for free Psytrance.pl's 10th anniversary compilation featuring 100% Polish psy-music (goa, prog, dark, full-on, chillout): Artha, Sundial Aeon and many more

www.psytrance.pl - Polish psytrance website
tikal
Tikal

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 13, 2004 13:32
altom= ALexis and ThOMas
Al-x

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jul 13, 2004 14:26
to Tikal :
first, i buy all cd's i'm speaking about
And , yes, i was not at the fullmoon but i'm sure Altom blown the trancefloor.
I did not see them live with their new tracks because here in paris (you know what i mean ) they have not been booked for a long time...
Anyway, i'm speaking about this new album and i'm still dispointed !! The mastering is not so good if i compare with your album or Hologram for example.
Hologram was various, with many different bass line, rythm ... With Groove control, there is not many differences between tracks.
I'm speaking here as a "huge fan" of Altom, that's why i'm dispointed !

and to Altom : i know it's difficult to make a second album after the first which has been a masterpiece. This is the rule for people like you who are one of the best !
I'm sure that you will surprise us in the next months with your new prods and i wish you the best all around the world !!
          ... today is the first day of the rest of your life ...
ben
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jul 14, 2004 03:28
i like this one better than the first album.
Better production, better sounds, some really wicked sounds if u ask me... and more full-on...
Rolling basslines, strong kiks, nice grooves...very nice samples.. also they experimented a little more with tempos and time signature which was nice...
The melodies were a little bit less my taste but still a very pleasurable album to listen to...
Favorite track: groove control but i also liked tracks 3,5,7,8 & 9
Rain
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jul 14, 2004 18:12
I understand Al-x

The new release from altom is nothing like there first album 'hologram'...

I'm not saying that it's no good...but I also expected something less mainstream from altom...

Album 'hologram' is too me one of the most intilligence progressive releases ever... when you love it that much you will certainly be disapointed with there new release...

it's just a matter of taste...(always is I know)... but on the other hand music changes and so does altom...

so still keep it up... and thanx for that powerfull sound
Pyite
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Jul 14, 2004 18:55
Its very different from the first album, in that it doesn't have that same dark, alienated sound. However, the magic is definitely still there. It's a lighter side of psychedelia with clean production, all sorts of great experiments with tempo and triplets, good use of samples (ie I'm not hearing about robot blasters every 32 counts)

I give it a 9.5/10.

Oh yeah-- It's "HEATHENS" will rule the land

Namaste

~Pyite
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jul 14, 2004 21:02
Compared to Altöms first album ”Hologram” this isn’t as good in my opinion. It’s not as deep and emotional, but instead they’ve taken a more full on approach, and fair enough if they wanted to move on. It’s a well made album for the dancefloors (they certainly convinced me at Full Moon), but at home I do prefer “Hologram”.

The album has some noteworthy highlights though, and at the moment especially “Not For Children” and "Groove Control" stands out.

7/10 – One of the better full on albums released lately
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jul 15, 2004 20:35
after more listenings ... i still do prefer "hologram" ...but i have to say that this is one of the best full on releases i ve heard for a while !!
the production is really really good , and the sound is not agressive, very nice clean synth lines ...
i just regret that some bassline are a bit to "straight" and i prefer the groovy parts (often in the beginning of the tracks)
some great tricks of production, groove control is amazing
for sure a must buy for every full on lover and the best full on release so far this year imho
-Abatwa-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Jul 17, 2004 16:43
I see it has once again turned to a "the old stuff was better" and "the new stuff is better" argument. I'm really happy that there were many other people blown by altöm's performance at fmf.
IMO, this is actually better than the hologram, but it actually only depends on your taste.
Favorite tracks:
2 & 4           `Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end` Mandelbrot
khogg

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 18, 2004 10:29
I will not be buying this. I listened to the samples and it sounds like high bpm full on from start to finish, whereas Hologram had some nice smooth progressive elements to it. The reviews seem to confirm this. What a shame. I had high hopes for this one...
Madpup
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jul 19, 2004 14:34
Quote:

On 2004-07-18 10:29, khogg wrote:
I will not be buying this. I listened to the samples and it sounds like high bpm full on from start to finish, whereas Hologram had some nice smooth progressive elements to it. The reviews seem to confirm this. What a shame. I had high hopes for this one...

Dont rely on the previews, i had the same impression, but upon hearing the album i was pleasently surprised. This is better than 99% of other full-on albums IMO, very intelligently crafted music, with great production and nice variations, which you just can not hear from 45 second samples. I loved Hologram and i love this album, thanks Altom!
-Abatwa-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Jul 19, 2004 18:59
I wouldnt call this a "full on" album. altöm has put more full on elements into their sound but still I can hear the more progressive side of altöm in this cd.           `Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end` Mandelbrot
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Jul 20, 2004 08:51
my take on it
http://www.isratrance.com/www/reviews/show_review_details.php?show=673           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
altom
Altom

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jul 24, 2004 22:35
all right guys thanx for reviews ,
one thing : for the one who compare
first and second album , two years pass
between the two ( and about 15 trax on
comp. )so you knew the change.....
Tralala

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 28, 2004 00:46
thats 100% pure melodic full on trance but without falling to the cheesy simple music...!Very drifting with , massive sounds and melodies, the whole cd is a journey for me....keep it up!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Altom - Groove Control (Neurobiotics, 2004)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance