Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Alien vs The Cat - The Remixes (H20 2009)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Alien vs The Cat - The Remixes (H20 2009)

Ellon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Jul 25, 2009 03:07
Welcome back psyreviews!!!!

@frambonas

you should review your definition of reviews...fast!!!!           
https://soundcloud.com/arglebarglemusic
http://soundcloud.com/turvytopsy
http://soundcloud.com/capecodplatform
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Jul 25, 2009 22:18
no need to review music we don t like imo it s pointless with so many bad releases every week.
101pigs

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 26, 2009 02:58
what a pure review ! )
b00m
vegetal
Vegetal/Peacespect

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Aug 7, 2009 14:06
This is the kind of reviews you want to read on a friday.... Ahh the fresh breeze, thanks for the review. More honest reviews like these please!
          Demand recognition for the Armenian genocide 1915
http://www.devilsmindrecords.org/
http://www.myspace.com/vegetalmusic
http://www.checkpoint-music.com/
kurita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Aug 8, 2009 11:55
Hehe its so much bad music coming out on this days so there is no need for a bad reviews........
GoFurthur

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 9, 2009 18:42
Best review since Dali's, welcome back Damion           http://www.gofurthur.org
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Aug 16, 2009 15:07
Let's shed some other light on this. I actually liked it, so here's my review, taken from Isratrance.com

Tracklist:

01. Alien vs. The Cat- Hear the Noise (Quadra rmx) 7:34
02. Alien vs. The Cat & Dino Psaras- Shokata (GMS rmx) 7:49
03. Save the Robot- I am a Robot (Alien vs. The Cat rmx) 6:45
04. Alien vs. The Cat- The Race (Hujaboy rmx) 6:53
05. Alien vs. The Cat- Good Vibes (Intersys rmx) 6:57
06. Alien vs. The Cat & Shanti- The Purist (Lifestyle rmx) 8:18
07. Alien vs. The Cat & Shanti- Trick Track (Alien Vs. The Cat rmx) 7:44
08. GMS- My House (Alien vs. The Cat rmx) 7:21
09. Alien vs. The Cat- Space Jam (GMS rmx) 6:50
10. Space Cat- Feel the Future 7:29

The review:

A remix album is not a really interesting affair most of the time, but I’ve been proven wrong by some releases in the past and this one is no exception. Alien vs. The Cat is a collaboration between long time psytrance artists Space Cat (Avi Elgranati) and Alien Project (Ari Linker).They first released their album: Space Jam on TIP World back in 2004. Then in 2006 there was the second release Hear the Noise on Spun Records. And now, on H2O Records, come the remixes. So, what is this all about? Well, full on with an overall pretty happy uplifting vibe. This immediately comes into play with the first track. Quadra gives a trancier feel to Hear the Noise. The vocoder sample could’ve been used a little less in my opinion and in that aspect the original is better. But, the Quadra remix sounds OK enough. GMS make Shokata a little more punchy. As is common on more remix albums, the artist or artists themselves also make remixes. This is the case here also, when Tracks 3, 7 & 8 get the remix treatment from Alien Project and Space Cat themselves. Those three tracks sound more up to date with today’s standards, other than that there’s no real difference between them and the original tracks. The Race sounds a lot tighter and massive after Hujaboy was done with it. Good Vibes go a long way with Intersys, who manages to make the remix even happier than the original. The Purist gets the remix treatment from Lifestyle, which makes it about the same, but with more punch. A great track for the dancefloor. GMS does a nice job with Space Jam, making it sound more GMS like. The bonus track delivers a new solo track from Space Cat, which manages to sound quite happy and actually it could make a progressive track if you slowed it down enough. Pretty good. The artwork deserves a mention for its straightforwardness. It’s wood. A big clear font to read everything, basic stuff, but it looks tight and it gets the job done. Much like this album.

Recommendation: The best thing about this is the happy uplifting vibes. It’s not exactly the most original production that you’ll ever hear, but the crisp mastering and the real party atmosphere that come forth from this album will make a lot of people happy. Most of these tracks will probably be played at festivals all over the place in the coming months, so if you’d like to listen them at home, now’s your chance.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Aug 17, 2009 02:55
Quote:

On 2009-08-16 15:07, Acidhive wrote:
Let's shed some other light on this. I actually liked it, so here's my review, taken from Isratrance.com

Tracklist:

01. Alien vs. The Cat- Hear the Noise (Quadra rmx) 7:34
02. Alien vs. The Cat & Dino Psaras- Shokata (GMS rmx) 7:49
03. Save the Robot- I am a Robot (Alien vs. The Cat rmx) 6:45
04. Alien vs. The Cat- The Race (Hujaboy rmx) 6:53
05. Alien vs. The Cat- Good Vibes (Intersys rmx) 6:57
06. Alien vs. The Cat & Shanti- The Purist (Lifestyle rmx) 8:18
07. Alien vs. The Cat & Shanti- Trick Track (Alien Vs. The Cat rmx) 7:44
08. GMS- My House (Alien vs. The Cat rmx) 7:21
09. Alien vs. The Cat- Space Jam (GMS rmx) 6:50
10. Space Cat- Feel the Future 7:29

The review:

A remix album is not a really interesting affair most of the time, but I’ve been proven wrong by some releases in the past and this one is no exception. Alien vs. The Cat is a collaboration between long time psytrance artists Space Cat (Avi Elgranati) and Alien Project (Ari Linker).They first released their album: Space Jam on TIP World back in 2004. Then in 2006 there was the second release Hear the Noise on Spun Records. And now, on H2O Records, come the remixes. So, what is this all about? Well, full on with an overall pretty happy uplifting vibe. This immediately comes into play with the first track. Quadra gives a trancier feel to Hear the Noise. The vocoder sample could’ve been used a little less in my opinion and in that aspect the original is better. But, the Quadra remix sounds OK enough. GMS make Shokata a little more punchy. As is common on more remix albums, the artist or artists themselves also make remixes. This is the case here also, when Tracks 3, 7 & 8 get the remix treatment from Alien Project and Space Cat themselves. Those three tracks sound more up to date with today’s standards, other than that there’s no real difference between them and the original tracks. The Race sounds a lot tighter and massive after Hujaboy was done with it. Good Vibes go a long way with Intersys, who manages to make the remix even happier than the original. The Purist gets the remix treatment from Lifestyle, which makes it about the same, but with more punch. A great track for the dancefloor. GMS does a nice job with Space Jam, making it sound more GMS like. The bonus track delivers a new solo track from Space Cat, which manages to sound quite happy and actually it could make a progressive track if you slowed it down enough. Pretty good. The artwork deserves a mention for its straightforwardness. It’s wood. A big clear font to read everything, basic stuff, but it looks tight and it gets the job done. Much like this album.

Recommendation: The best thing about this is the happy uplifting vibes. It’s not exactly the most original production that you’ll ever hear, but the crisp mastering and the real party atmosphere that come forth from this album will make a lot of people happy. Most of these tracks will probably be played at festivals all over the place in the coming months, so if you’d like to listen them at home, now’s your chance.

Damion's review is far more accurate.
Übershite cheese, avoid at all costs...which you'll do anyway probably, laughable really.
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
filter

Started Topics :  87
Posted : Aug 26, 2009 12:24
yeah man

welcome back damion!!!           Psychedelic Trance from Argentina
www.darkprisma.com.ar
www.megalopsy.com.ar
www.psytrance.com.ar

Megalopsy Travel Blog
http://megalopsy.blogspot.com
kahn
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Sep 8, 2009 07:38
Well...

To be honest I'm normally a fan of these artists. Over the last couple years however, I have seen a MAJOR decline in the quality of Space Cat's production (or maybe just a lack of improvement), and virtually nothing noteworthy from Alien Project for years. From what I hear, Alien Project takes a back seat on both Save The Robot and Alien vs The Cat, so he isn't really the major player here; in other words let's be honest and just call this a Space cat rmx cd.

So like I said, I am normally a big fan of their sounds, and melodic full on in general.

But this album is pretty bad. There are about 2 great tracks on here 'Hear The Noise (Quadra Rmx)' as well as 'The Purist (Life Style Remix)' but I had these tracks almost a year ago, and played them already in sets. So to me, these are nothing new on this album.

Shoktaka GMS Remix is not a bad track. It's not great either though. The bass doesn't really punch, and the breakdown sucks. In short, it's an energy killer.

The rest of the album is forgettable at best.

So as a fan, DJ, and Producer of melodic full-on myself (so I shouldn't be biased on this right?) I say that the original author of the thread was not far off at all.

I give the album 3/10.           http://www.soundcloud.com/djKAHN
gutter
Inactive User

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Sep 14, 2009 11:27
fantastic review !!
theendtone
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Sep 15, 2009 11:17
Quote:

On 2009-07-23 00:46, a3k wrote:
i didn´t listened to the music yet..but for the review i´m pretty confident i don´t need to

thx psyreviews

+ 1
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Alien vs The Cat - The Remixes (H20 2009)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance