Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Alien Project - Activation Portal (04/2007)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Alien Project - Activation Portal (04/2007)

b2c

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 3, 2007 20:19
Samples at http://www.alien-project.com/

Alien Project - Activation Portal
01 - Super Buster (Written by Ari Linker & Ido Liran)
02 - Missing Linker (Written by Ari Linker & Ido Liran)
03 - NRG (Written by Ari Linker & Ido Liran)
04 - Tweaky Remix (Written by Avi Shmailov AKA Astrix, remixed by Ari Linker & Ido Liran)
05 - Deeper (Written by Ari Linker & Ido Liran)
06 - Activation Portal (Written by Ari Linker & Ido Liran)
07 - Get Up (Written by Ari Linker & Ido Liran)
08 - Groovy Remix (Written by Ari Linker & raja Ram, remix by Ari Linker)
09 - Yellow Blaze (Written by Ari Linker & Ido Liran)
10 - Bonus Track (Aztecno Dream (Shanti Rmx) (Written by Ari Linker & Avi Shmailov, remix by Shanti Matkin)

I have only had this album for a couple of weeks and it is already occupying my favorite shelf. It is a masterpiece. But, be cautious, take off your purist hat, and replace it with your open minded hat! If you are a fan of old AP (like me) then this is definitely for you. If you cringe at a mix of styles, then it is not. Perhaps this album was written for me. This is my personal AP album. This is classic AP, mixed with classic psy-trance, but there is also what has been termed as trance house sneaking in. There are tracks which would not look out to of place on a Paul Oakenfold, DJ Tiesto, or Armin van Buuren album. Singing too – and that’s where (I know) some people get touchy about. I have always believed that the human voice is the most versatile of musical instruments, and can be justifiably used in instrumental tunes. And as AP makes their own rules in psy-trance then good for them for pushing the envelope:

So for the tunes:
Super Buster. A great way to start, and a tune that could just as well be played on the rave floor as well as the psy-trance floor. A well balanced dance tune just to get us all in the mood.

Missing Linker. Oh, Ari never do the disappearing act on us, please. You too darn good for that, we’ll hunt you down… Nice tune on the guitar – catchy.

NRG – classic AP. They got that sound patented. That metallic crank noise – please someone, what is the musical term? - Half a second and you know it’s AP. Awesome, and then slowly, subtly, pure trance mixed in – touches of my favorite Oakenfold album, Tranceport. Oh yes you beautiful people, how did you get to that mix? Only comes from heaven, there is no place on earth where that was done.

Tweaky – re-mastered. Wow. Heya Heya. Tweaky already one of the best on Astrix’s Artcore – certainly his best album – haven’t heard his latest though. And now an improvement on a track which was already perfect – how do they do that?

Deeper – one for the trance house gang. Purists just skip this one; else you’ll get all bothered about the singing. I think it’s beautiful, an absolute classic. I just hope that AP has the balls to play it at a psy-trance fest. Am sure all those who are fans of trance house will come out of the wood work. 3:08 minutes into the track, you can just see in your mind all those with those little trampolines bouncing up and down – oh spin the trance, boys and girls! We are just deeper into the sound, just bring it on, life goes on! Feeling strong….

Activation Portal, the title track, and deservedly so. Apart from the bonus track – which doesn’t count as an original, it is surely the best original track on the album.

Get Up: In ya face, get up with a message. Good one, makes ya think. Am sure that anyone getting cheap pirated versions of the mp3’s will probably miss the message, so buy it, don’t pirate.

Groovy Rmx – Reaper butt? – as far as I can make out. What the hell, was my first thought. Skipped this track the first six times I listened to the album. Groovy, skip forward what the hell? But hang on, listen to it again, hell its worth just sitting through it. There are some wonderful pieces in there. Haven’t heard the original – comments anyone?

Yellow Blaze. I like this track - I don't know why though - not normally my style, but its growing on me. A light dance track, something for a late afternoon stretch. Well balanced, and then maybe a little harder here and there. Its one of those that you can play pretty much anytime, depending how you emphasize the bass and treble.

And last, but certainly not the least, the Bonus Track. A sort of summary of Aztecno Dream - a wonderful Bonus, thank you AP. If you have any doubts about getting this album, its worth it just for the last one.

There is plenty for everyone here. For me, this album puts Alien Project back among the greats once again.

And thank you once again Ari, Ido and Avi for a truly masterful work.
          Smile, its a new day!
jimmy

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 5, 2007 06:02
is this some kind of joke??? damn you english and your sense of irony!!

and in a similar vein...

jah!!! killer album, 'masterful'

bagoshite
kazuku
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : Jul 5, 2007 08:08
/spit on the ground
psychedelikk

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 5, 2007 12:06

Good rocking ablum...had awesome time listenign to this album the other day ...and there is no question abt the production value, its simply outstanding ... more it has its own feel and atmosphere .

simply the best.

---------------------------------------------
I have as much authority as the Pope.I just don't have as many people who believe it.
kazuku
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : Jul 6, 2007 07:57
Quote:

On 2007-07-05 12:06, psychedelikk wrote:

simply the best.

Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jul 6, 2007 09:33
What a fu*cking terrible album, shame on anyone who enjoyed this.

bye
Trance2MoveU
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Jul 7, 2007 08:10
I almost feel sorry for him. What happened? I cannot comment on the album as I haven't heard it, but the last few were disappointing to say the least. I liked Aztechno Dream, but since then... Maybe he should take a break for a while to focus.

Mdk

vegetal
Vegetal/Peacespect

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jul 7, 2007 08:22
God i love the smell of Irony in the morning!           Demand recognition for the Armenian genocide 1915
http://www.devilsmindrecords.org/
http://www.myspace.com/vegetalmusic
http://www.checkpoint-music.com/
Dark_Dork
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jul 9, 2007 22:32
Masterpiece           Dressed to kill you look so right... I am drunk with lust tonite.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jul 10, 2007 00:03
Boring beyond belief and overproduced like a motherfucker as well. Damn, I've wasted more words on this than I had planned. Oh well...           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
darkgnome

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 26, 2007 14:33
Quote:

On 2007-07-09 22:32, Dark_Dork wrote:
Masterpiece

I agree, this is the single best psytrance album ever released!!!!!

Meh, who am I trying to fool here           Kimi-tachi wa keikoku sareta!
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Jul 27, 2007 13:29
NFT
Quote:
Are you ready for Activation?
Are you prepared to step up to the plate, into the Portal, and onto the next level of light on your path to enlightenment and joy??
Are you willing to move towards a higher destination where peace and goodwill reside continuously, where love dwells eternally and where all things are, indeed, possible???
Well then, friends, compadres, amigos - step up, right this way........the Activation Portal is now open and all Galactic travelers and music lovers alike are invited to come forth and experience, even embrace, if you will, ever new and unfolding infinite dimensions of cosmic consciousness, hitherto unavailable to humanity at large, but now easily reachable by all, through the timeless, enduring and commanding medium of sound, which is, by the way, the Governor of all Existence!
Within these previously unexplored realms of awareness, a multitude of probabilities and belief systems exist side by side the fabric of our own third-dimensional framework of reality (life as we know it) - thus permitting a tenable link between widely alternate realities......if only we could discover (or remember!) what that missing link was.......and how to traverse it????

We're in luck because that's exactly what the Activation Portal is.........it serves as a stellar gateway to higher planes of consciousness.
In essence, the Portal is a magic doorway that connects, anchors and bridges multi-dimensional levels of existence which operate and vibrate at different frequencies of awareness throughout the known (and unknown!) universe and of course, throughout the entire multi-verse.....there's a lot more out there than you'd like to think!!

So step up to the Portal, tune in to the stellar sound-waves of Alien Project and, most definitely....TURN UP THE VOLUME!
We are going on a journey..........so let the sounds and the music be your guide whilst you travel, far and wide, without ever even moving!
Who needs a magic carpet when you can fly like this!
As the full bandwidth of the super-sonic spectrum, which is the Alien Project sound, reverberates throughout your being and especially your physical body, it is almost an ineluctable conclusion that you will be instantaneously impulsed..........to dance!!
(unless you are made of stone or a shark swimming in the Atlantic ocean!!)

So be ready to move...
Be prepared to get down...and be willing to free your proverbial ass - so your mind can swiftly follow - and it surely will....the Alien's gonna see to that!
How? Just listen to his new album, 'Activation Portal' and you'll soon see, you'll hear, you'll travel without moving and, of course, you'll dance........probably!
-------

How's that for a joke???

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
PsyUNIT
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jul 31, 2007 09:28
Cannot listen to the full album in one go. The sound becomes too monotonous. But some tracks in isolation do work on the dance floor.           ********************************************
Travel, Without Moving.
Alias
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Aug 3, 2007 00:05
justin chaos : why is a joke?.....because you dont like it?

anyway.....its a nice dance floor album.....thats all!

all basslines and drums are the same !
there is no melodies ....just some arpeggios playing on the same scale!
in the other hand the production is realy good....and there is some nice sounds!

listening this album in home quite boring

www.myspace.com/aliasix
diskonekt
Fat Data

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Aug 3, 2007 01:21
Hmmm i like the psyreviews review better            Peace, Love, Death metal
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Alien Project - Activation Portal (04/2007)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance