Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - - - - - ALCHEMY PARTY @ PSY DMT - 9TH JULY 2005 - - -

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

- - - - ALCHEMY PARTY @ PSY DMT - 9TH JULY 2005 - - -

Spencer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 01:27

::: ALCHEMY RECORDS AND THE PSYCHEDELIC DREAM TEMPLE :::

Saturday 9th July 2005

The Alchemy Crew bring you a rollicking night of tripped out tunes to tickle you into the outdoor Summer Festival Season.

DJ's --

Spencer (Alchemy)
Rizo (Dark Soho/Alchemy)
Simo (Fairy Tales/Alchemy)
Pavi (Alchemy)

22:00 - 06:00 am
Price - 5'er on the door

The Dream Temple -
Unit 21/22 Stables Market, Chalk Farm Rd.
Camden, London.
NW1 8AH

www.alchemyrecords.co.uk
ucc
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 03:12
an outdoor one!

great, but what's all this about, parties ending at 6.00am?
i just landed on the island, i don't know how the system works!
... and heard that aren't aloud tracks above the 140bpm!
DJ Buju
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 03:36
Quote:

On 2005-06-16 03:12, uccpd wrote:
an outdoor one!

Well First welcome to the Island
Psy DMT isn't an outdoor venue. It's very much indoor.
A lovely place and lately more & more good parties are happening there with different lables showcasing themselves.
I really recomend to check it out

Now about the 140bpm rule, I wish it would have been a true rule ! hehe But every style as it's own bpm and at this party it will probebly be all OVER 140bpm

Best of Luck Alchemy Records.
Will try and make my way over.

Bom BOm
BUju
          www.domorecords.com
www.myspace.com/domorec
www.myspace.com/tupanrecords
Apex
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 11:28
Quote:

On 2005-06-16 03:12, uccpd wrote:
an outdoor one!

The 140 bpm rule actually started in the second world war when Winston Churchill decided that the munitions workers in the factories would be too tired to work properly if the music at psytrance raves was too fast.           
www.facebook.com/apexpeak
www.peakrec.com
www.myspace.com/apex2012
Spencer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 16, 2005 13:17
Hey Groovers

uccpd - welcome first of all to this little island of ours and I can definitely say that it will be very unlikely to see anything below 140bpm that night

We hope to do this on a more regular basis over the next few months with DJ's rotating from the Alchemy Crew, including surprise special guests.

bum spankar
Hex Architects

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 13:53
Hell ye another Alchemy shindig,should be good.

See you on the Dancefloor!
Glen.C (Iboga Rec)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 15:12
Quote:

On 2005-06-16 13:17, Spencer wrote:
Hey Groovers

uccpd - welcome first of all to this little island of ours and I can definitely say that it will be very unlikely to see anything below 140bpm that night

Shame shame shame... I really think it's about time London got it's arse in gear. Parties should have a progression, build up and down. so like 130 up to 140 up2 148, and back down to 136 or so for the end. And even if it is finishing at 6am, still no reason why this isn't happening, it's still an 8 hour party. Also I think it would atract more girls instead of loads of blokes mashing it out at 145/148bpm.

Things have gotta change... and I know MANY people in town that think just the same. I've been in the scene here in London since 95 and know a lot of people. Come on promoters, do something new for a change!

Well thats my rant over... thanks!

Wishing you all the best for the party!

http://www.facebook.com/GlenC.IbogaRecords
http://www.myspace.com/gleniboga
www.iboga-records.dk
Spikers & Midinoize - Lisbon Hooker (Glen C rmx) coming soon on Earhead Audio
pavi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 16:32
Yo Glen,

I can see where you're coming from (stop busting your nuts in my eye hehe ) but for an Alchemy label night at the DreamTemple I dont think its realistic or even appreciated to start at 130 bpm.

I have kicked off the last 3 Alchemy parties with tracks at 138 (whats 2bpm ey Spenz?), and rising slowly throughout the night to full power. There is always progression, we have also been involved in parties for many many years and if you've ever been to an Alchemy party I think you'd know they've been sweet smiley blasts.

As for doing something new for a change, I think Alchemy has been innovating for years: new decor, new artists, new venues, drummers and instruments alongside DJs, and always a thoughtful journey type line-up.

So I really do know where you're coming from, but I dont think this party is the one to vent your rant at: Could you imagine an Iboga label night peaking at 150 bpm? In fact the last Iboga label night I went to in Hamburg sadly turned into a Midijum sounds night!

I've heard great things about your sets Glen, and reckon your post deserves its own thread - but rest assured we will progress, push things forward, and tickle your dancing bones into the summer at this one!

Much Love,

pavi

Within this timeless gathering,
a shining light does dance,
lost from conscious memory,
but visible in trance!

www.alchemyrecords.co.uk
NeutroN
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  69
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 17:30
not long ago ive saw shane talking about an alchemy outdoor party, any news on that?           "Great things are only possible with outrageous requests." Thea Alexander
Glen.C (Iboga Rec)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 17:41
Hey Pavi... you are quite right. I shouldn't vex my rant in alchemy direction... and that was not the point. It was just the comment about the 140bpm.

You are quite right that the build up and down I talk about doesn't really aply to lable nights like yours, esp the small ones at the deam temple. I have been to alchemy nights, and have really enjoyed the nights at the corrent. In fact i used to dj along side Shane many years before alchemy even started (those wonderful years at Tyssen Street). My rant is more focused on the 90% of parties that aren't label nights, therefore arn't showcasing their artists and music.

But much respect to alchemy to being professional.

http://www.facebook.com/GlenC.IbogaRecords
http://www.myspace.com/gleniboga
www.iboga-records.dk
Spikers & Midinoize - Lisbon Hooker (Glen C rmx) coming soon on Earhead Audio
lazy_i
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jun 16, 2005 19:16
yeeeeeaaah!!! good luck with this, alchemy rocks!!! probably one of the top 3 labels out there these days...
Spencer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 17, 2005 19:14
Hrmm..so I had not expected all this bickering over a party!

Please keep it tidy peeps..this thread is about the Alchemy Party..not the great debate about Progressive music..as I said I have nothing against it myself..its just not we provide in our parties at the moment..thats not to say it won't ever happen, its just not the flavour we serve on the platter..anyone who knows Alchemy should know that :):)

8)
Lauryn
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Jun 18, 2005 06:08
Best of luck to Spencer, Simo, Pavi, and Rizo!!! I've heard all of these guys play and i know they will totally rock ...so for sure don't miss out! Wish I could be there!!

Much love from the states,

Lauryn           ~gOa ist nicht nur musik sondern auch eine lebenseinstellung~
http://www.peakrec.com/
http://www.myspace.com/djlauryn
b2c

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jun 19, 2005 00:33
Wow Rizo up again. Just seen him at the freakclub last night, and he really took us on a ride. Getting to see him again, but this time playing earlier in the night will be interesting, and he will be doing a different set (at a slower speed?) I stand to be corrected here.
Will be moving away from the South of London for this one. New adventure.
All the best you guys.

PS Also put your party details on http://www.goatrance.de/goabase/index.php. There newsletter is sent to 7353 people around the world. The best things in life are free!          Smile, its a new day!
juliosoncid

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 19, 2005 02:00
cool being outdoors and all...but if i was still in the country i would rather listen to space tribe(live) insted!:rocking:           the worlds biggest living organism is a mushroom
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - - - - - ALCHEMY PARTY @ PSY DMT - 9TH JULY 2005 - - -

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance