Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Air Gate - the 3rd step (Com.Pact, 2003): the ynet review
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Air Gate - the 3rd step (Com.Pact, 2003): the ynet review

A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Aug 21, 2003 03:15
It has some nice moments, allthou i dont like the direction com.pact is turning to...

A
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Aug 29, 2003 22:08
Air Gate is compiled by Dj Bog (Visual Paradox) & masterised by Domestic.

Native Radio - Neuromancer (Visual Paradox remix) welcome you through Air Gate a peaceful intro & soft woman speaking in the background, good subtle morning tone & harmonies. It's like a blue sky with nice stratus clouds at dawn when you can still encounter dew on flowers ; the day begins to start , life is awakening but mostly still sleeeping.

Noise from Ultravoise is a warmer tune, there’s some sharpy sounds around & globally results groovier than previous one but remains still soft production.

Silence – Inside My Head, got a very far intro sounding but pretty nice, then the rythmic appears & is louder than in the 2 first trax, nervertheless could let an empty impress due to his hypnotical groovy style.

Brain Rush (Ferbi Boys remix) introduce you in a gloomy atmosphere unlike what the trackname let suppose the tune isn’t very fast. The track puts you in a situation like if you were caught prisonner in Pennsylvanya inside Dracula’s den, all way out are locked, you’re trying to escape before dusk & that this dear Dracula wakes up & drink your blood.

Stereo Flip delivered by Pixel, has a weird intro with very short acoustic guitar riffs, harmonies are dark.
Around 3:00, some unexpected industrial tones arrive coppled just for a moment with a sudden dubby style which all comes back around 5:00. The track finishes like he started with these short acoustic guitar riffs, a very special weird music.

Sabastel Tunnels (Lish relmix) despite his morning harmonies, is radically faster and sounds a bit more full on than all the other stuffs on Air Gate. By moment the feeling reminds me a bit of an old european trance anthem from Vapour Space : Gravitational Arch Of 10, same qualities on both tracks subtle dark & deep morning production with cool weird fx on melody, very catchy one.

Silent Sphere has put a big throbbing bass in Confuse, there are some frequent sounds that goes higher & higher. At 4:00 unexpected gothic men chants samples appear for the break, & confer some mystical embellishment to the track.

Next is a typical Spectrum production,from which i’m not a fan therefore Fire Ball is a bit more changing & so less cheesy in his sounds than all the Spectrum i have heard, the effort is appreciable but still remains average.

Star X ends up Air Gate with an dreamy,cosmic, melodic & morning tune, the tones are here warmer than all of the other tunes, nice echoes & delayed floating synth melody, very relaxing even if Ocean View can reveal itself dancefloor by moments.

Favorites : 1,4,5,6,7,9

Mark : 8/10
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Air Gate - the 3rd step (Com.Pact, 2003): the ynet review
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance