Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Adham Shaikh - Collectivity (2006) -Sonicturtle

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Adham Shaikh - Collectivity (2006) -Sonicturtle

Star-Trooper
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Nov 10, 2006 19:04
Collectivity is the 4th. solo album from Canadian composer/producer Adham Shaikh. Transcending cultural boundaries by synthesizing a variety of world music traditions this unified global soundscape reveals a compelling fusion of instruments from North and West Africa, India, the Middle East, Japan and Australia. With a solid backbone of African and Middle Eastern percussion Collectivity forges a new path into the neo-tribal topographies of the 21st. century. This richly woven tapestry of sound is Inlaid with accents of Turkish Oud, Nay, Zorna, Indian tabla, African Mbira, Marimba, Kamele N’goni, Middle Eastern Sazu, Flutes, Bass, and Far Eastern Mouth Harp.

Created over the past 2 years, Collectivity is the result of sessions in the studio with several musicians from around the world including vocalist Gemma Luna, African percussionist Kris Ledrew, flautist Marty Carter and electronic producer Freeworm all from Canada; the tabla player Marko Zonka (USA); sazu player Madoka Sakama (Japan); and didj maestro Ganga Giri (Australia). Moving beyond Adham's previous album 'Fusion', 'Collectivity' retains a similar energetic interplay of live instrumentation and seamlessly refined electronic production. In addition to uplifting new material, this album also includes spiced up remixes of Turkish multi-instrumentalist Omar Faruk Tekbilek and Mali's Issa Bagayogo of Six Degrees notoriety.Inspired by the search for musical harmony in a time of geo-political chaos and disharmony, Adham's aim is to find common ground using music as a medium of global communication. World fusion has the ability open people beyond themselves and their immediate locale to connect with something larger than the individual self. By bringing formerly distinct and separate cultures together in the studio, Collectivity speaks to the melting pot that is our world and suggest the possibility that music could be a blueprint for social harmony.

http://arabesque.co.uk//index.php?option=com_artistavenue&task=singleCd&id=984&Itemid=19

Track Titles:
01 Bellydancer
02 Ciew Mewele by Issa Bagayogo (Dustyfoot Remix)
03 Marmalade Sun (Afrodub Remix)
04 Dougoulanta (with Freeworm)
05 Beyond I
06 Ya Buoy by Omar Faruk Tekbilek (Spiral Eyes Remix)
07 Sub Bubble
08 Peace To The Middle East (featuring Ganga Giri)
09 Collective
10 Deep Dream Meme

Not long now! 1.12
Looking forward this!
          To Infinity And Beyond!
damon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  88
Posted : Nov 10, 2006 20:28
Wow. He just released "Journey to the sun" not a long time ago.

Sweet           http://www.chillumafia.com
Star-Trooper
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 10, 2006 20:45
yeah but that was a re-release of an old album no?
          To Infinity And Beyond!
kukushka

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Nov 10, 2006 20:58
Yes, "Journey to the Sun" is a re-release by Interchill. I have heard a few people say they were surprised by the sound (its much more ambient than his current tribal style) without them realizing that its a re-release of a 1996 album.

I cant wait to hear the album - it releases on Arabesque on Dec 1 and would take at least 1-2 weeks after that for it to arrive in mail. Can someone in Canada, where its just been released, mail me the cd? I can pay them via paypal.
Kane
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Nov 12, 2006 07:38
Sounds great..can't wait for it!
Jespar

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Nov 12, 2006 15:05
Indeed very interesting, i'll surely check this out when it arrives
djomshanti

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 13, 2006 04:43
Quote:

Not long now! 1.12
Looking forward this!

Blissful news!
1.12? Omg can't wait!
          there is no holy wars, only holy cows
MercuryFall
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Nov 13, 2006 23:49
wooowwoo!! Can't wait!
BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Nov 16, 2006 09:02
kukushka,

You can now order the CD off Adham's site:

http://sonicturtle.com

---

Adham Shaikh is my all-time, no-contest, #1 favorite & most essential ambient producer.

I've ordered and I am really looking forward!

andrew interchill
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Nov 21, 2006 02:04
an excellent work for sure... though not really what i'd call ambient...

the tracks Ya Buoy and sub bubble take it to another level for me

look out for adham in next few months in australia - in particular a show he's playing with ganga giri and gaudi in byron bay...

and do buy it from his site... it is the best way to support him directly

Star-Trooper
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Nov 21, 2006 12:41
Maybe it's not the place but wanted to check out the price for future purchase and boy... it's pricy!           To Infinity And Beyond!
PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Nov 22, 2006 09:51
Adham always gives us amazing vibes with his music... This man has got talent!! Looking forward to hear this album.           CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Nov 25, 2006 21:49
Woooshhhhhhhhhhh!!!

A beautiful, handwritten envelope arrived from Canada last night. Listening to it brought out an intense feeling of joy that I haven't gotten from music in a long time.

My first impressions of this CD are very good. More on it later..!
John
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jan 17, 2007 16:47
Since the sad demise of Chaos Unltd (where I used to buy most of my CDs) and Upfront mag (where I used to get quite a few to review) - I've been a bit slack with keeping up with new releases - and the ones I have heard have been OK but nothing special...

But got this yesterday along with the new Liquid Sound & Interchill comps - and am pleased to say they are all top quality stuff!

babag

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 17, 2007 17:54
bravo - a fantastic piece of work and very diverse ......putting a whole planet into music and then into one cd.

bravo...and please go on with the brillant work

Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Adham Shaikh - Collectivity (2006) -Sonicturtle

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance