First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

A Take on the Global Trance Scene

Pisces1979
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Jul 13, 2005 00:18
Here in New York City, seeing as a good portion of the 100-200 people in the enitre metro NY/NJ psytrance scene (yes the scene really is that small) are DJs themselves, our version of fair compensation involves pizza and beer.
          "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
- Benjamin Franklin

"Why did bush knock down the towers?"
- Jadakiss
ucc
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jul 13, 2005 02:48
sorry to give you the bad new, but it's you who have to live ny if you want to live a true psy trance scene!
though will you find one?

blame me if you think i don't know what i'm talking about, but once was the goa trance, then the psychedelic, than started the variants, i rememeber an album from spiral trax 'Musica Psychedelica Scandinavica'... everyones and things have their time, tho there still Mohicans fighting or surviving, but the scene isn't the same, we call psy trance to every track, be it a 97 or 2005 track, times are others, I(in capitals) don't believe there will ever be a psy peak again, i lived mine already if you're living yours, take all the advantage of it and have fun...
if you're finding already, issues, a lot, mate, i hate to tell you again, you lived yours already and there's nothing you can do about it, the built in scene is rock solid and no ones gonna move it.
... but yeah, get your underground parties running, build a myth, but don't forget to give it other name than trance, because theres a trance scene already
The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 22:34
Lovely to read people exchanging opinions and ending up agreeing, instead of fighting (krell+Paraine)… I also have an ambition of throwing festivals/parties free of charge… My only request of the participants would be that they wrote a letter in which they stated what they would contribute to the festival/party, to avoid phonies and commercial druggies and their dealers.

"Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
Pisces1979
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 23:35
UCCPD:
FYI - I live in New Jersey, I work in New York City
... Also, all the Music Scenes in New York City are suffering , no just the psytrance scene.
thanks to the NYC caberet law, smoking ban, sky high rents (rents have doubled in the past 5 years so the creative class has completly left manhattan for brooklyn and new jersey) and the economy has never recovered to the levels of the late 90's.
- The one bright spot is that trance parties now have the pick of venues, because they can almost always guaruntee a decent turnout of people.
          "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
- Benjamin Franklin

"Why did bush knock down the towers?"
- Jadakiss
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Jul 14, 2005 23:52
Quote:

On 2005-07-14 23:35, Pisces1979 wrote:
- The one bright spot is that trance parties now have the pick of venues, because they can almost always guaruntee a decent turnout of people.

that is not so true and misleading...
1. many venues do not want to hear the word trance and do not wish to be open past 4am. finding a place is one of the hardest things to do here.
2. an avg trance party draws around 300-400 people in total. and those who come are not interested in the beverages sold in the bar/club. buying a water bottle and refilling it in the bathroom all night long is quite an annoyance to venue owners.
fact is you can have 400 psytrances and they wont be close $ wise to what 50 mainstream can spend.
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
paradine

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jul 19, 2005 11:33
We have different yet still similar issues in New Zealand abd I suspect it is the same around the globe.

In New Zealand we suffer from rather effective Noise Control laws. So good that all night clubs have had the plug pulled at 2am when someone recently moved into the apartment block (the council allowed to have built???) near by and complained of noise.

We have had first noise control warnings issued with a second appearance fines and removal of gear. Luckly we haven't lost any gear but it is a real risk.

The main reason outdoor parties are so hard is that NZ is small and nearly every inch is farmed, so it's hard to find ay place without neighbours.

I think for most parties venue is the hardest thing to get right. Once you have found the right venue the party will organise itself. Secure a venue where you can party uninterrupted and you are just about guaranteed a successful night.

Clubs with expected bar sales are often not the place to be doing trance parties but sometimes they are the only option. Trouble is we don't often get invited back because the bar sales were so slack.

It's hard finding a venue.

What about you folks in other parts of the world?
Kitnam
Mantik

Started Topics :  110
Posted : Jul 20, 2005 03:27
in germany we have more visitors on the big festivals each year and less people on the small ones. the kids want hiphop and clubsound/electro. so the local bases are getting smaller a bit. on the festivals drugs where free to sell and buy but always "back-door" and quiet. since 2 years some international dealer-groups see the chance to make a lot money and just overflood the market. they are so visible organized and open, trying to sell on every corner at the campingsites(with far to high prices by the way, and they try to fob the consumers) that the police forced to handle something in our festivals, now. its a shame, that only a hand full of people can destroy so much. (thx stupid cashflow pseudotrancers, try to check the rules, not the money only)
about musicians. we have many many young producers around here, all connected less or more.

germany is not as big as it looks like, we have the voov and fullmoon but this are only 3 weekends each year, some more local partys have problems with less guests.
anyway: we do our best
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - A Take on the Global Trance Scene
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance