Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - 3-24-2007-PsyTribe presents MYTHOLOGY A 24 Hour Outdoor event Feat. WIZZY NOISE
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

3-24-2007-PsyTribe presents MYTHOLOGY A 24 Hour Outdoor event Feat. WIZZY NOISE

kArO
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Mar 28, 2007 17:12
i really loved the bed post looking thing in front of the dj stage. i had a lot of cord from the outfits we made and had to resist tying up some trancers.
Pypedream
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Mar 28, 2007 17:35
Well I haven't attended all the parties since the inception of el rancho, but I haven't danced and tranced to a morning set like that since sirius isness. The dance floor energy and vibe was great. The misty morning giving way to full sunshine and smiling faces. The N23 sound was dialed in...

It would have been great to see more San Franpsychos there, but nonetheless I enjoyed making some new acquaintances as well as seeing old friends.

Nobody has made mention of Manny's set?? I ventured down to find Manny playing excellent selections against the steady din of frog noise. Pretty trippy in fact if you positioned yourself in the right place. What else can I say that hasn't already been said? Just amazing.

BIG ups for those who were seen picking up random garbage, and those who never dropped it to the earth in the first place!!!!           ELECTRON EYES / MARK-EVAN (NOR. CAL)
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/MARK-EVAN
clovisfilho
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Mar 29, 2007 01:55
I had a great time too, good energy all around...smiling faces all over the dance floor. Yeah, I like smiling faces

Hey Karo, it was nice meeting you!

Thanks everyone for such great sunday!           Smile with your soul!
PsyCore

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Mar 29, 2007 07:05
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8B282BB07FFE42E9

buncha videos i took...
embjmt

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 29, 2007 09:43
The party was fun and I had a great time, but the sound was terrible - the bass was out of control - it completely dominated the soundstage so that the melodies, layers, fx etc were buried underneath...

Why is the bass always jacked so high? I don't get it - way less fun to dance to because you're basically just dancing to the beat and rythm, way less listenable, way harsher and more abrasive...

When the bass is that loud Psytrance takes on this very "aggressive" and pounding quality that myself and several people I've talked to find very obnoxious and not at all conducive to beautiful outdoor environments and psychedelic substances...

It would be a pity if a proper psychedelic act like Hallucinogen or Nystagmus came to play and the bass was like that...

The chill-out tent was nice though, heard some great stuff in there...

AumShantiAum
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Mar 30, 2007 01:30
if you ask me the sound was perfect. everywhere i went i could hear the music perfectly, bass was not overwhelming at all, amazing sound!!!
Meta
Meta/Boomslang

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Mar 30, 2007 01:53
Er, I wasn't going to complain, but since the topic came up... The bass was definitely overdriven. You could hear distortion on the kickdrums for at least the first half of the party, and the basslines were very "boomy" instead of clear and clean.

Seemed like things were a little clearer when Gatto Matto started playing.

It's always hard to say where exactly sound problems come from, sometimes the sound guy does it wrong, or sometimes they do a perfect job, but then a DJ comes on after that and goes "Haha louder is better!" and jacks the levels much louder, that fucks with everything. Then the DJ after them assumes they are supposed to play at the same level (or louder), and the over-driving continues for the rest of the party.

I generally give Network 23 the benefit of the doubt, so I would assume that this time one of the earlier DJ's cranked things up too high and the limiter kicked in, and then later in the day either the next DJ turned it down or the sound guy adjusted things, since there seemed to be somewhat of an improvement in clarity during the day.

http://soundcloud.com/aeon604
http://www.metaekstasis.com/
http://the1134.com/
konvndrvm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Mar 30, 2007 08:05
I'm very disappointed to only see two people dressed up in togas in the videos.

They were purple though so that's cool.
PsyLight

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 2, 2007 23:25
I agree...The sound was perfect. Everywhere we were the party continued.....

Quote:

On 2007-03-30 01:30, ohmshantiohm wrote:
if you ask me the sound was perfect. everywhere i went i could hear the music perfectly, bass was not overwhelming at all, amazing sound!!!

Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - 3-24-2007-PsyTribe presents MYTHOLOGY A 24 Hour Outdoor event Feat. WIZZY NOISE
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance