Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - 2006 NJ woods parties?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

2006 NJ woods parties?

billy boogie
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jan 24, 2006 17:40
LIght-o-matic, couldn't agree with you more. Those grounds are virgin grounds, and they should be left as they were found. You have to be able to count on the rest of the community to do their part in making sure everything runs smoothly.
karmakanik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jan 24, 2006 19:09
yes, it is a delicate balance to say the least...

on the one hand we want to create an intimate family vibe among people who respect the land and each other... on the other when you put a lot of time, energy and resources into a party you want a lot of people to enjoy it!

on the one hand we want all the true blue psy freaks to know about the party... on the other hand there are many undesirable elements that must be kept away if possible.

on the one hand the natural inclination is to go for "bigger is better": more djs, more sound, more deco, more people, etc. etc.... on the other hand sometimes it is important to keep things on a smaller scale to preserve the underground vibe...

these are just some of the many issues we've struggled with over the years... and to be quite honest, i was very hesitant to post our party info here in the first place... it is a public forum after all. but i have met so many great people through isratrance who would not have found out about the party otherwise...

but yes, the growing size and interest - as much as we like it - is still a concern... i mean just look at this thread: already over 30 responses and 500 views... and it's still the middle of winter! so i do see us keeping more things under wraps this season, but still trying to give the people what they want

regarding the "black helicopters"... there is a federal military installation about 10-15 miles from the site... and while i'm sure they know some shit goes down in the pines i highly doubt they care... it's a different story with the forest service or local law enforcement... but i don't think they know about what goes on, and i doubt even moreso they're in cahoots with the military...
MuSh

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jan 24, 2006 20:55
i love the barrens. helicopters did invoke some paranoia. i do clean up trash while there but i have to admit that i am guilty of flicking cigarette butts. i apologize and will keep it in mind when i go again.
robomarket
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Jan 24, 2006 23:50
Quote:

On 2006-01-24 20:55, MuSh wrote:
i have to admit that i am guilty of flicking cigarette butts.

Yeah. Those are a problem. I'm not a smoker but i really mind when i see a crapload of butts on the ground. But than when you think about it, where would you put them?

When i was going to Convergence last year i was extra careful. Just imagine how a small mistake, than nonetheless might even not be a mistake, can lead closing down of a party. I read all of the instructions of how to get there and i respect all of PSI's efforts put in that gathering. I'd love to attend more and more and more of those parties in the NJ Barrens but more people=more problems. And i am not selfish here, but think twice who you bring and how much you trust those people(i.e: them not spreading the word to their friends and etc).

Another great thing about parties in South Jersey is the shore. Chilling on the beach and breathing that salty air is really rejuvenating
That is what i did after Convergence.
FaceHead
FaceHead

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Jan 25, 2006 00:27
robomarket wrote...

"Yeah. Those are a problem. I'm not a smoker but i really mind when i see a crapload of butts on the ground. But than when you think about it, where would you put them?"

Do as I do you pull of the remaining paper and tobacco after all they will turn into earth and put the filters in your pocket or a bag or something put em in your hat just not the grounds its not just the pines anywhere we go outdoors whatabout four qurters i saw tuns of butts there and you cant just get a broom or a street sweeper and take care of them.

there isnt that much trash if everyone takes care of thier own.
Psy_Active
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jan 25, 2006 01:15
Quote:

On 2006-01-18 07:26, CamoBoi wrote:
Hey everyone long time no talk! I was just seeing if there are any 2006 woods parties in the works? ttyl! see you at spirit on friday if you go....
erik with a k

Im am in NJ and thought woods partys would be impossible in america , i for sure will defenitly go and see an outdoor american party, when i lived in u.s. only raves in south florida

and btw i love the dont leave a trace clean up attitude, glad to see the good atitudes towards partys here

Very happy to see the scene growing here in U.S.

cya there psytrancers

KiloWatts

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jan 25, 2006 04:22
love the barrens, love the parties - I think the last couple were a bit too big for comfort. It wasn't until about 4:30am that I finally calmed down and relaxed about it. Having authorities come and shut down a party like that results in alot of people being forced to drive who **really shouldn't** be driving - and I really don't want to be in that situation. So yeah, that's my #1 worry.

On the other hand, small and intimate, respectful and positive, secretive and esoteric, these things usually stay out of sight of 'the law'.

Of course, there's plenty of other metaphysical aspects regarding thought-focus and telepathy that are important in regards to staying invisible in the eyes of the law - but we won't get into that here.

Regardless, can't wait for the parties... Imonna bring some trashbags & stakes this time, for the smokers - me included (unless I successfully stop by then, which would be nice)
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jan 25, 2006 06:19
Quote:

Im am in NJ and thought woods partys would be impossible in america , i for sure will defenitly go and see an outdoor american party, when i lived in u.s. only raves in south florida

you haven't seen much of the country, have you? there are amazing outdoor parties and festivals all over the place, from California and Oregon to Colorado, Wisconsin, Arkansas, North Carolina, Texas, New York, etc etc..

Quote:

On 2006-01-25 04:22, KiloWatts wrote:

Having authorities come and shut down a party like that results in alot of people being forced to drive who **really shouldn't** be driving - and I really don't want to be in that situation. So yeah, that's my #1 worry.

The cops can't legally make you leave the forest, they can only shut down the amplified music. Though if there's no music, a lot of people would probably drive off.. and get pulled over or put their lives in danger.

..it's just another party..
robomarket
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Jan 25, 2006 17:12
@Dimitry:

I wish it was like that. True that they can't make you leave the woods but they can confiscate the audio equipment and they will pull people over just like you said. And don't forget what ELSE they will look for!!!
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jan 25, 2006 18:12
you don't know this for a fact. New York City "outdoor" parties isn't the same as being on state land in Jersey. I've thrown or played at many outdoor parties in the last few years. At least a third of them got busted, and never, EVER did the cops take any equipment or frisked anyone on the site if they weren't acting like total idiots.

A reason to confiscate equipment would be repeat violations, usually - to make sure the sound stays turned off. Since you aren't charging for entry, the only thing you are doing that's against the law is having amplified music without a permit. And yes, if someone decides to drive all fucked up, they will most likely get pulled over and the whole nine yards..

..it's just another party..
karmakanik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jan 25, 2006 19:16
yes, there was a smaller party thrown by a different group in the same general area (not the same field) that was broken up by the forest service cuz they had a fire going... forest service saw the smoke from the fire and showed up in the morning... no real trouble, they just broke it up and gave everyone a $75 ticket.
KiloWatts

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jan 26, 2006 02:16
Quote:

On 2006-01-25 18:12, DiMiTry wrote:
you don't know this for a fact. New York City "outdoor" parties isn't the same as being on state land in Jersey. I've thrown or played at many outdoor parties in the last few years. At least a third of them got busted, and never, EVER did the cops take any equipment or frisked anyone on the site if they weren't acting like total idiots.

That's good to know... I didn't know that the Pine Barrens (or part of 'em) were state land, and could be occupied at any time by any number of people legally. (Provided no laws are being broken)
Psy_Active
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jan 28, 2006 07:18
Quote:

On 2006-01-25 06:19, DiMiTry wrote:
Quote:

you haven't seen much of the country, have you? there are amazing outdoor parties and festivals all over the place, from California and Oregon to Colorado, Wisconsin, Arkansas, North Carolina, Texas, New York, etc etc..

Quote:

On 2006-01-25 04:22, KiloWatts wrote:

Having authorities come and shut down a party like that results in alot of people being forced to drive who **really shouldn't** be driving - and I really don't want to be in that situation. So yeah, that's my #1 worry.

The cops can't legally make you leave the forest, they can only shut down the amplified music. Though if there's no music, a lot of people would probably drive off.. and get pulled over or put their lives in danger.

Well, not too much really , i only know the eastern coastline and most states hardly lol.. great to hear that we have amazing outdoors i'll defenitly try to make it to this one.. will be my first outdoor psytrance party here and im sure ill have a great in the company of u nice folks ...

yes i do agree ppl having to drive off in a situation like that would not be good at all, but its up to them to decide when the time is right to get behind the wheel.. but hopefully that wont be a problem

Pisces1979
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Jan 29, 2006 03:57
I have an idea, why can't we find a bar or cafe around atlantic city near the beach to have a before-party or after-party at?! That way you could get your gambling, surfing, and psytrance groove on at once.
          "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
- Benjamin Franklin

"Why did bush knock down the towers?"
- Jadakiss
lovinit

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jan 30, 2006 00:03
woah
where have i been all these years? i live very very close. is there an email list or anything?

best part of the pine barrens is that the beach is nearby!
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - 2006 NJ woods parties?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance