Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - 2006 NJ woods parties?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

2006 NJ woods parties?

paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Jan 19, 2006 21:11
i agree . Instead of being a handfull of isolated scenes, thinking they are the only kids on the kids on the block, they are talking and sharing acts/ dj like never before.

There ( in the past year) has been much more interest in booking our own home grown artsits vs international acts.
and with the newer communites really starting to take off and grab momentum, trance is popular around the US like never before....

Logical Light Music - SF
Straylight Productions -SF
Sound/Mind - Denver
Xcience - Midwest

mixes for dl at :
http://www.thehothouse.net/straylight/paradigm/index.htm

"He who ha-ha's last, ha-ha's best"
Skeeve
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  38
Posted : Jan 19, 2006 21:23
Werd... not that I have any history, but it seems to be a very good time. Especially in contrast with other scenes.
NeuroNympho
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jan 23, 2006 05:08
A concern of mine...Will the pine barrons be able to accomindate a growing trance family? Technically we are collabortating on borrowed grounds. The authorities are aware of our events (anyone recall the helicopters @ shangri la? LOL!) Will they start to shut us down?
NeuroNympho
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jan 23, 2006 05:08
A concern of mine...Will the pine barrons be able to accomindate a growing trance family? Technically we are collabortating on borrowed grounds. The authorities are aware of our events (anyone recall the helicopters @ shangri la? LOL!) Will they start to shut us down?
CamoBoi

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 23, 2006 06:08
honestly, i think the airforce base could careless, even if they wanted to find us they couldn't. But i think that directions should not be posted AT ALL on the net.... but rather emailed to people. This way we can use judgement on who the person is. It sounds shady but these parties are WAY WAY WAY TO GOOD to be busted haha
Skeeve
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  38
Posted : Jan 23, 2006 06:19
that is how PSI does it... and yeah, there was a lot of concern last summer that the party was getting too big.
furthur
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Jan 23, 2006 06:42
want to make it there at least once or twice this year
all the best with what i have heard are very magical events           Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.

www.ganesha.ca
pH_
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jan 23, 2006 06:56
hmm NJ not far from CT any info on these gatherings? thx
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jan 23, 2006 09:41
Parties are quite selectful (if i can say that), and usually u get a msg if u know the right people.

But its awesome and beautiful to experience, as small outdoors events always are.           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Jan 23, 2006 10:09
Pine Barren's has that underground feel. Especially getting there ... its an adventure in itself. So when you finally reach the destination it feels very personal.

Aaah. Cant wait for my rendez-vous with the full-moon. Its been a while since we talked.
billy boogie
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jan 24, 2006 00:48
Quote:

On 2006-01-19 07:17, IcycoiL wrote:
I love how the Tri-State area has the Pine Barrens, and the Southern California area has the Ranch. Granted one area is much bigger than the other, but I think the psy heads in both places probably equal out! Not to mention they're both equally great places to party. Can't wait to see what 2006 brings. It seems to already be off to a great start. Anyone else feel like psytrance is starting to "peak" again?

It is most def. peaking again. And outdoor partys are soooo much better for Psy Shows. I live in the pine barrens. you'll all see me there. I can't wait!!
FaceHead
FaceHead

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Jan 24, 2006 00:59
but see I dont wannt to say peak, because that means it at its best soon and can only go back down. I can only see it rising for quite some time.
light-o-matic
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jan 24, 2006 09:35
Quote:

On 2006-01-23 05:08, NeuroNympho wrote:

Yea NeuroNympho those blackhawks flying in formation were nuts!

But yea getting too big is bad. YES they do know where we are YES they CAN shut us down or worse if they choose. If it was the local law you can be sure they wouldn't be quite as friendly. When you look at it from their POV, anything that happens on their watch, once they know about it, is THEIR FAULT. Thus it is best that we present ourselves as being small and harmless

The other thing is, to be quite honest, that when it got really big the middle of last summer, there were a lot of very cool peope.. but quite honestly a bunch of the people there were not all that cool.. parking too close to the dance floor (can't they see it spoils the openness of the space??), being carelss about drawing attention on their way to/from the event, throwing cigarettes on the ground, not bringing things to share, just generally being spectators.
If people want to go to events where nothing is expected of them, they should go to clubs where they pay to be entertained and to have their garbage cleaned up, and there are bars to serve drinks.

I can't speak for all the people who work to make these parties happen, and who spend their own money for them.. but I can speak for myself and I think the others would agree with me that it's better to have 150 really cool people who love psytrance and love the underground, and who will really take care of the party and the space. If we have 400 people and 200 of them think that it's not partly their job to protect the space and help the party, then that's not a really good underground party anymore, and for me there is no point putting in the money and effort to something like that.

So I think we will take it more underground. Again I can't speak for everyone, and I am sure Pat will have his own opinion here, as he should because he (with Neal) created this thing and is DA MAN.. but I beleive that is the direction we will go in, to keep it small and high quality...

DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jan 24, 2006 10:02
Quote:

On 2006-01-24 09:35, light-o-matic wrote:

If people want to go to events where nothing is expected of them, they should go to clubs where they pay to be entertained and to have their garbage cleaned up, and there are bars to serve drinks.

amen to that.

tight small parties with like-minded respectful people are the best, imo. the vibe is just so much nicer.. Quantity does not equal quality in these here matters.

..it's just another party..
FaceHead
FaceHead

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Jan 24, 2006 16:30
thats what I think is sooo great about the psy scene on this continent we dont have these huge events like overseas but that doesnt make them worse i dont care how cool all of the people are id still rather have 150 than 1500 even at gaian mind fest where they bring tons of folks the floor inst overpopulated. I dont understand what is so hard about being respectful in this scene. since this space is like a friend to us and alot of the people are friends, and the promoters and artists here in this situation are strangers or friends doing us a favor. how could anyone in thier right mind be disrespectful? but hey thats human nature. just because its got sand doesnt make it a big ash tray. at any givien festival I have a pocket full of cigarette butts and you know what it doesnt matter because my clothing is dirty enough at that point anyway it just makes sense people if you finnish a bottle of water in a store youd never just put it on the ground and walk away. people would think you were nuts. and you wouldnt personally allow yourself. I think a place like this deserves a bit more respect than a store. anyway im getting off track.

but just THINK. thats what we have a brain for. isnt it?
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - 2006 NJ woods parties?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance