Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Switzerland - 15>07>2006 - BioSphere by BioLive @ Le Solliat (VD)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

15>07>2006 - BioSphere by BioLive @ Le Solliat (VD)

Shawnodese
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  141
Posted : Jul 15, 2006 12:53
Looking ffwd to this one a lot....small or big or legal or illegal...who gives a fuck in the end as long as it goes well and we all have fun. Also legal parties end up with lots of police trouble like Full Moon Festival again this last weekend....so it's no garantuee not to get trouble....and about pirate parties disturbing others......eh....did I miss something here Since when do we pick locations to bother others or throw parties with that goal? As far as I know this party and most of the underground parties are always thrown in locations as far as possible from the civilized world to make sure not to get bothered or to be discovered by neighbours and police, so personally I think you exagerate a bit here Nygma....anyway....cya all there to have a real blast together !           Mind Funk Records
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
www.myspace.com/shawnodese
www.myspace.com/mindfunkmusic
Psyberpunk
Psyberpunk

Started Topics :  57
Posted : Jul 15, 2006 13:52
Quote:

On 2006-07-14 21:19, Nygma wrote:
......the authorities are stubborn bureaucratic assholes and it's just not fun anymore to do something legal. ....

That's the point Nigma! ... it become impossible!!! and i can tell you that i tried during the 2 last years of psyberpunk parties to do everything that the authorities were asking, to have it legal: the reason was simple: we wanted to do massive psychedelick visual and so: to create all my "living" deco i was needing loot of days to set up all the engines + patch them ... + ... + ... and so impossible to do it illegal...
an illegal party as to be set up in a couple of hours that's the only way to don't be catch by the police...
but we notice that even when we had it legal, we had more problems than when it was illegal !!! THAT's A PITY !!!!
Quote:

.....it's a pity, biolive always makes massive parties...

Yes ... that's a fucking disaster !!! i was really expecting a massive visual from Rub and his team ! and was so curious to see what they will create this year!! ! shit!!!!
Quote:
..........to see that u have organized 200 underground parties

Around every 4 party: i was going in a club, so it was legal... BUT all the other ones: i never ask nobody to do it!!! i simply did it!!!
most of time the police was coming.. stoping cars on the way in ... but the party was so wild on the dance floor that.... viva la fiesta :o)
Quote:
.....but i just wonder how many of these have been recorded in police files.

I think 99% !!!! we are living in switzerland Nigma: look around you in Lausanne: camera everywhere ;o) ... i tell you they know every party !! but if it's not too big,.. if you clean the place and if you're not disturbing neighboors: they come they catch some people , (do their money ;o( .. ) and leave! .. and then the monday, sometime some of us need to go to the police station for questionnary ;o) .. oups.. but the party is over :o))
Quote:
.....pirate parties as u call it might be fun for you, but for sure it disturbs others...

That's the point: if you disturb neighboor police will HAVE to stop you! if not: you will have fun !!
in 94 - 95 we did some stupid pirat parties in the middle of town: like for exemple on the park car of the train station in Bern ;o) ... in the Manor in Geneva: where we were using the walls of the building around as "video screen"... ha ha ha ... really funny for us, .. but sure not for the people living in the "video screen" ... loot of fight with police and we always finish to loose!
then we had this small open air high up in valais mountains... cops all around... all the roads closed ... a nightmare for us the first night: around 200 cops and we where only 150 inside the party ! but we rented the field and the mountains "refuge" so we were on OUR land! + WE WERE DISTURBING NOBODY !!! (2000 m high ;o) and so after 3 days the police leave the place... ;o) and we stop the 4th days! till this day we always take loot of care to verify that it was NO neighboor around!!
And i think most of promoter notice also this, like say Shawnodese:
Quote:

most of the underground parties are always thrown in locations as far as possible from the civilized world to make sure not to get bothered

Anyway: i'm really waiting for this party tonight .!!! hope you had a good sleep Gosse: cause we need you full power at the desk !! with your killer sound to blast the floor :o)))
yooohooo :o)))))
Slimseth
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jul 15, 2006 20:59
Hello boys and girls

Sorry for the cancelation of your party people of Biolive... I know how much energy and passion you dedicate to organizing parties and we also have had to cancel some because of cops... so I know this bitter feeling and send you all my support. All the best for tonight's gathering, I am sure that the energy will be full-power

Now concerning the Legal vs Illegal issue (a question that has allready been discussed many many times in this forum), I would like to give my (long) point of view...

Illegal is NOT a way of life, it is not like this that our culture will emancipate and get out of the ghetto were the "blind politics" have placed psy-trance. So I agree totally with Nygma (by the way Psyberpunk his name is Nygma and not Nigma, it shouldn't be that hard to understand and process... no?)

But what I also want to point out is that the grandfathers of our scene (I mean this in the african way, with all the respect that we have for our elders in Africa, so it is a compliment in my mouth) have created the scene and for this we will need to be always thankfull. Always.

But they also abused and made it too much (what psyberpunk says with the parties in 94-95 is the perfect example), contributing to get the scene perceved as unrespectfull and bringing it to illegal grounds.

So yes it is now very hard to trow illegal gigs, and even harder to trow legal ones. But the hard way is not yet an impossible way. So we should try to emancipate our scene by going legal and providing high quality secure gatherings for out tribes to unite and celebrate.

Getting all needed agreements with the autorities is very difficult and requires responsible and organized people, dedicating months and months to planing and organizing a gathering, BUT IT IS POSSIBLE!!!

On the other hand trowing an illegal gig requires no planing and very little organization, and can be done by almost anyone. But it offers no secure environment (toilets, first aid,...), no guaranty concerning the quality (of the sound, deco, playlist,...) and is more a source of damage for the environment and the neighbors than a real cultural celebration.

This is my (very long) point of view, now everyone can do what they belive in and I thank those who read my whole post for their patience.

Love and Light

gaspard
Yab Yum

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Jul 17, 2006 13:41
how was the party??
          Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Terry Pratchett
gaspard
Yab Yum

Posted : Jul 17, 2006 13:52
Quote:

On 2006-07-15 20:59, Slimseth wrote:

On the other hand trowing an illegal gig requires no planing and very little organization, and can be done by almost anyone. But it offers no secure environment (toilets, first aid,...), no guaranty concerning the quality (of the sound, deco, playlist,...) and is more a source of damage for the environment and the neighbors than a real cultural celebration.

i totally disagree with you here. throwing illegal parties requires a lot of organising and a lot of planning. just cos you dont spend time trying to get authorities to allow you to have your party doesnt mean you dont spend time putting it together.
it cannot be done by anyone... it takes a lot of balls to do this due to the risks involved.
about the security problem: i have played in , attended many many many illegal parties in switz and other countries and i have to say that i have never ever seen any security problem in these events. in fact i have only ever seen fights and serious aggro in events which had security people.
why would an illegal party be more damaging to the invironment? please go and check a site just after one of brousses parties, tell me if you find anything damaging. people will arrive in cars and pollute the same as in a legal event.
people who i know who make these parties put a lot of effort in cleaning up after. of course there are the ones who wont but you ll find that this happens in legal events just as much: for example the soulclipse (which could be used as example of a lot of negative things!!)
some of the best events i have ever been to have been illegal because they reflected the true nature of our culture which, dont forget, came from the underground.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Terry Pratchett
Psyberpunk
Psyberpunk

Posted : Jul 17, 2006 18:59
hello Gasp
quick answer (still not totally recover form this killer party ;o)
at first thanx for your beautifull message Gaspard!!! i totally agree! definitivly i think that this week end prove that the future of romandie is privat party !!!!
(and i think that we have to stop to call it illegal!!! WE'VE GOT THE RIGHT TO DANCE!!!! if we don't disturb neighboors!!!

so report:
the party was killer!!!
amazing respectfull people (really clean place at the end!!! no damage at all to mother nature!??!?!? loooooot of cows sleeping around us all the night ... and 50 cows that arrive the morning to listen the end of the set of Gosse!!!! truely !!! a bit similar than zoom 2003!!!! ,
good vibe,
like always big job from the BIOLIVE team !! (OK not as big than the usual massive visual and stage than we know from them!! but still killer visual!!! i will say a much better visual that a loot of "legal" party ;o) !!!!
soundsystem just limit for my old punk ears ;o).. but still ok, ...
TOTAL KILLER LOCATION ... big big big respect and thanx to all the feel free tribe!!!!!! yoooohooo you guys: you definitivly save the party !!!!
and NO COPS AT ALL !!!!!!!
then i have to say that i had a report from the psy ferries privat party near geneva!!! same report : killer music, killer location .. amazing vibes .. and NO COPS!!!!
that's it: don't do big promo, informe your friends, ... choose location with no neighboor,... or inform them if there is only one or 2 house.... and yeeehaaaa

and to finish this report (before to go back sleeping : arrghhh the blue drink of the feel free people from the mountains is woooooooaaaww ;o) :
BIG BIG Respect to SHAWNODESE: MAGIC MUSIC !!!!
AND THANX TO THE SUUUUUUUN :o))) in fact it was just missing you Gasp & Ajja ;o)... i hope your set in Germany was killer :o))
kooink
aslak

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jul 17, 2006 23:24
i wont enter in the "legal-illegal" parties discussion....
just wanted to say, that the party was just perfect for me (in my opinion)...
everything went well... no problems... the location was just beautiful... only good people & nice vibes...
very nice weather.... and great music ! special thanks to shawnodese & brousse !! and big thanks to feelfree crew for the help!

we really really had a great time ! ))

Nygma
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Jul 18, 2006 01:36
i'm happy (i really am) to see that all went well and that you guyz had a killer time!!! congrats on finding a beautiful spot and throwing an "underground" party w/out drawing the attention of any outsiders. in my opinion, everyone gets what they deserve... so no more explaination needed.

to conclude my pov in this whole discussion: private parties is like russian roulette... usually most of the times it will go well, it's just this constant fear of getting busted at any moment. if you can't stand the heat, you better get out of the... hehehe

well done biolive and friends

www.frakasoundrecords.com
fraka is a state of mind
pontus

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 18, 2006 16:14
Quote:

On 2006-07-17 18:59, Psyberpunk wrote:
then i have to say that i had a report from the psy ferries privat party near geneva!!! same report : killer music, killer location .. amazing vibes .. and NO COPS!!!!

I learnt something different as to the fairies party near Geneva, but I wanted to post something else.
for a start, I feel uncomfortable with this concept of private parties - in fact, I see them as a nonsense in the psy realm. after-parties could be great, but I see them flowing from the night-before-great-gigs rather than private parties.
the greatest thing of the psy community is the ability to connect people. providing outstanding beats is far much easier that connecting people and the so called private parties could not help.

boom
gaspard
Yab Yum

Posted : Jul 18, 2006 21:12
Quote:

On 2006-07-18 16:14, pontus wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-07-17 18:59, Psyberpunk wrote:

I learnt something different as to the fairies party near Geneva, but I wanted to post something else.
for a start, I feel uncomfortable with this concept of private parties - in fact, I see them as a nonsense in the psy realm. after-parties could be great, but I see them flowing from the night-before-great-gigs rather than private parties.
the greatest thing of the psy community is the ability to connect people. providing outstanding beats is far much easier that connecting people and the so called private parties could not help.

boom

i think that the term "private party" is used to signify that to get in you have to be connected somehow. its a loose term cos its pretty easy to get connected i this scene. it doesnt mean that people will be refused entry!!

Terry Pratchett
Psyberpunk
Psyberpunk

Posted : Jul 20, 2006 10:18
that's it Gasp
but at first labeling a party: "Privat" is the best term to use(if no birthday), if you have to argue monday morning at the police station !!!!!!
but of course Birthday party is the mustlegally (only if 1 or 2 friends got a birthday !! my next birthday party will be the 30june2007;o))) !!!

Personnaly i've got usually no fun to argue with cops!!! i've got better hobbies!!!!!!! so i don't care a shit about the name of the party ! i care about the party !!!
and so if the name of the party help me to escape faster the police office i will use it...
like say Gaspard: "...it doesnt mean that people will be refused entry!!..."
--------------------------------------------
Quote:
the greatest thing of the psy community is the ability to connect people

:TOTALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o))))
---------------------------------------
but i'm curious what happen to the fairies party near Geneva??
i heard, from friends playing there,.... that it was really cool people there.. and no cops during 24h ?!!!?! but you didn't seems to have same tam tam echoes ;o)

hydromela

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jul 21, 2006 19:43
Hi all ! As my english is very bad, it will be a little difficult to exprime with precision my pow, but i will try it )
At first, I think that we have to make the difference regarding the spirit of the parties... There are the big parties, with all the necessaries facilities, big star of psychedelic scene, with commercial and lot of promotion, to try to make some benefit.
And there are the little family parties, with no or a very little entry, just made to see the people happy and to offer an opposite spirit that the most importante parties... A spirit of underground and free event...
After this, I don't think that the little parties are bad for the other's big one ! Let the people choose their kind of spirit and gathering... I don't understand why there are some critics about the little event that are for the most illegal, because of simplicity and free mind (and autorities a little close in their mind ). I'm very happy that this sort of event exist, because it seems me that the underground spirit of the psychedelic trance is a little forget...
But all people have different point of view...

About the psy fairies night near Geneva, I would like to confirm that it was a very beautiful and crazy party for us that work a lot to make it as great and psychedelic as possible for all... More people, smile and Thank's that expected ! very nice public, very nice artists, very nice smile and happy face, big positive energy ! ! and no cops, no disturbed neighboors... Maybe the bad echoe is the dark music, all the morning too, but it's a choose and no regret about this !
Just pity to have two swiss-frensh parties the same day, but it's always difficult to manag the calendar... and it's very nice if the Biolive party had good vibes and happy people...

Just a big thank's and respect for all the people that support us and continue to believe in the psychedelic scene...

Bom !           peace for humanity !
Nygma
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 22, 2006 04:12
@hydromela

i guess with critics you're refering to my initial post as well as slims comments in this topic.

i just want to straighten some points to make myself more clear on my point of view concerning legal/illegal/big/small/commercial/free spirit parties especially in the french part of switzerland:

you see, in the first place this whole discussion began when biolive announced a change of location, because they didn't receive the permission to hold their party, all this just a couple of days prior to the event. they had two choices: either cancel everything or do it the pirate way and throwing the party at a secret location.

if you look at their original artistical line up (international djs) and knowing what crazy psychedelic artwork the biolive crew is able to create, you must understand that the legal way is the safest way to guarantee an open-end party for everyone to enjoy.

personally, i favor underground (and mostly illegal) parties, because of its spirit and karma... after all, in my opinion, this is the essence of psy/goa-trance. on the other hand, i also like big events with well-known acts since on an organizational & logistical level it requires way more professionalism. you see, it's easier to do a small underground gathering than a legal big party. logically, there are many many illegal openair parties.

And this is the main problem we face in the swiss french part. too many illegal events, most of them arousing the attention of the authorities. psytrance parties have become synonymous for "drug playgrounds" where people consume a lot of illegal substances.plus, believe it or not, by holding a party in free nature, to a certain extend you disturb the natural environmental habitat and the animals living in it. inofficialy, the romandie cops have declared war on psytrance (trust me, i know). it has almost become a zero-tolerance attitude towards our music. nowadays it's really difficult to obtain a permission to hold legal parties in nature. in the swiss german part at least two known festivals have been cancelled because of the above stated.

this is one of many reasons why biolive didn't get their authorisation for their first location. it takes a lot of courage to hold biosphere in a secret location and thx whatever higher force everything went well. they took a big risk, especially on the financial part (in case of cops, the fine would have been really expensive + not able to cover their own costs for the party)

but this doesn't solve the current situation we're facing in switzerland. either we continue to hold small private pirate underground gatherings or we try to find a way with to cooperate with the authorities and enjoy parties which don't disturb anyone. check out http://www.swisspsy.ch. these guyz are trying to create an association for swiss psytrance party organizers. their main goal is to improve relationship with the authorities by demonstrating more communication and transparancy on outdoor psytrance gatherings. if and only if this project becomes reality, i'm sure it will be much more easier to get permissions for locations. i think this is a step into the right direction...

my two cents...

www.frakasoundrecords.com
fraka is a state of mind
hydromela

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jul 23, 2006 15:56
I think that will be impossible to have one day the total freedom to make open air party in accordance with the autorities, without big complications and investisment...
Drug and nature disturbing are the most important problem, but this problem don't change in case of legal or illegal party, so no solutions, unfortunatelly... Personnaly, I'v seen more drugs and problems in the big event... as the little gathering don't make sound during more than 24h, don't take a big place in the nature and people are very respectfull...
but Let the people who want to make illegal party make some illegal party and let the other to take energy and time to make most big event...
Good luck for all !           peace for humanity !
Nygma
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jul 23, 2006 22:43
Quote:

On 2006-07-23 15:56, hydromela wrote:

Drug and nature disturbing are the most important problem, but this problem don't change in case of legal or illegal party, so no solutions, unfortunatelly... Personnaly, I'v seen more drugs and problems in the big event... as the little gathering don't make sound during more than 24h, don't take a big place in the nature and people are very respectfull...

of course there's always a solution for a problem!!! ok, there's no easy sraight-line forumla to control/overview the drugconsumption in our scene, let's be honest, it's simply impossible. however, a recipe that works well is to inform the people about the dangers and health risks that is hidden in a pill, lsd, speed, etc and then try to prevent the consumer of taking more drugs. usually this is done by voluntary drug info stands such as eve & rave, prevtech... anyway, with the help of the state, a lot of lifes can be saved if the people are more aware on the products they take at each psytrance event just to stay awake and party like there's no tomorrow.

any open air party, no matter of size, has a direct impact on nature. disturbing the harmony in nature might not be visible at first sight, but the noise and trash pollution of a party can trigger unpleasent consequences for flora & fauna. if the authorities give you the permission to hold a party on certain ground, this means all the requirements demanded have been fullfilled, including the fact that this event will not harm nature more than really needed (ex. limited decibel, proper parking and not just place car somewhere in the forest...). what really bothers me nowadays is that everyone wanna party, but not many wanna seriously clean up in the end. it's a shame that we can't always give back what we take from mother gaia. btw, anyone disagreeing with me on this, because they have been to "perfect tidy parties" then you're more than welcome to join the cleaning equipe of the next frakasound party and prove with your own efforts on how much you're willing to do to restore nature as it was before the party

psytrance for me is about tolerance, understanding, peace, collective unity, and respect... respect for anyone and anything.           www.frakasoundrecords.com
fraka is a state of mind
Trance Forum » » Forum  Switzerland - 15>07>2006 - BioSphere by BioLive @ Le Solliat (VD)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance