Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Zen Lemonade - Lemon Soul (DF053 2002)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Zen Lemonade - Lemon Soul (DF053 2002)

Panzer

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 14, 2002 18:33
1 SUPER PANAM CALLING
2 JUICY SCIENCE
3 DARK STAR
4 ZODIAC GUNS
5 CLOUD
6 BRAZIL MON AMOUR
7 PUSSY GALORE
8 SPINNING METAL
9 MIDNIGHT BOSSO NOVA
10 MOTHERLAND feat DJ Ludwig

The eagerly awaited debut from Zen Lemonade is available and its conform the latest UK trends (Dragonfly/Flying Rhino) pretty club/house influenced...
Super Panam... is nice dubstuff with some nicely pumping synths all over the place...Juicy Science could be instantly on the new Human Blue album, progressive yet melodic, but more danceable. Dark Star is a jumpy no-brains-just-dance track and the weakest on the album. The same cannot be said from Zodiac Guns; excellent built-up and great percussion makes this one of my favorites. Cloud is a bit like Electric Universe; loatsa trancy synths and pretty full-on. Brazil...is the best track imo somewhere between the koxbox on 'the great unknown' and eat static on 'in the nude'. When the synths start coming the track explodes...With Pussy Galore its more traditional territory again with a track which could be instantly on the latest Electric Universe...Spinning metal sounds a bit like the latest Logic Bomb although a tad more clubby but just as good...Bosso Nova starts pretty housey but then suddenly stops and some very psychedelic melodies kick in...very spacy...great track. Closing track Motherland is a rap affair like Red Seals treatment of Atmos' -allways in control- on the Overlap album...Certainly not my favourite here but it shows the diversity Zen Lemonade is capable of...
Concluding: the first essential album from the UK psytrance scene since... ehrmm long ago (not counting their superb chillout scene) and a pretty fresh attempt at steering psytrance in a more 'accesible' direction without alienating the goa heads.
Best tracks 1,2,4(!),6(!!),9(!)
Rating: 8.5/10
2nd best album of 2002 yet imo just after Electric Universe - Unify
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : May 1, 2003 04:47
Amazing amazing amazing.

The production is the best you can get.

Some tracks like Zodiac Guns are just a piece of art.

This is not the kind of music you will listen at a party but make sure you have an original copy at home cause it really worths every penny.

Suggested for morning hours when you just want to lie on your bed and think.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : May 1, 2003 11:12
we got them live at sunny afternoon and what can i say, their acid house was just what we wanted.. i guess its a nice album..           Believe your soul !
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Zen Lemonade - Lemon Soul (DF053 2002)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance